Royal Bank of Scotland Group

Royal Bank of Scotland Group Employer Reviews

Great company
Associate, Prime Collateral Operations (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 18, 2014
Great company, a great work culture and this place provides a balanced work balance.
FUN
Small Business Banker (Former Employee), London, ENGDecember 29, 2013
MANAGEMENT IS ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP YOU SUCEED.
BEST PLACE TO WORK
Fun work culture however unable to reward and recognise valued staff
Assistant Marketing Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGOctober 7, 2013
Pros: working across variety of channels, good exposure with senior management
Cons: inability to reward top performers
RBS has a fun work culture. Staff work hard and are exposed to innovative and fun marketing campaigns which are embracing the latest innovations.

I worked on a variety of campaigns through a number of different channels, including DM, press, radio, online and internal communications. I was given exposure to Senior Stakeholders and given accountability – more... for a large budget, which was further great experience.

Unfortunately RBS has trouble recognising and rewarding their top performers. I was regularly identified as top talent and advised I would be promoted soon, however my salary did not reflect this despite having regular salary reviews. I voiced my disappointment in my salary and lack of promotion several times, however it was only when I resigned, that they offered to ensure me a promotion and/or pay rise. – less
good atmosphere and a lot of refocus
Risk Manager (Current Employee), LondonJune 18, 2014
Good place, just going through so much change due to the restructure of the bank.
Full job satisfaction
Administrator (Former Employee), BradfordJune 18, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: redundancy
Working on the administration team the role was varied, I learnt how to open new accounts, process Chaps Payments, process ISA payments, open and close personal loans. The management was understanding and approachable. Co workers were good also, we were all quite close, understood each other. The hardest part of the job was being tested periodically – more... to check your understandng of the role. The most enjoyable part was giving good customer service. – less
Business Advisor for Royal Bank of Scotland
Business Advisor and Deputy to Team Leader (Former Employee), Wimbledon, ENGJune 16, 2014
Opening business accounts on a daily basis. checking customers identification to ensure that they meet the FSA guidelines..
As a deputy manager I had a lot of responsibility in regards to managing daily workflow ensuring SLA's were met.
The hardest part of the job was the hectic state the centre sometimes could be in if the deadlines was drawing nearer.
The – more... best part of working for the bank was the staff. It was wonderful. – less
Positive work place
Service Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGJune 3, 2014
Responsible for the sales and operations of a business centre
Sales focused, over achieving revenue targets through selling offices, virtual offices, meeting rooms, membership cards and video conferencing
Proactively generate leads & manage the entire sales cycle from leads to negotiation to closing deals
HR Specialist (Current Employee), EdinburghJune 1, 2014
Working for the RBS group is a challenging but thoroughly enjoyable job.
Stressful and uncaring
Risk Mananger, (Current Employee), ManchesterMay 18, 2014
Pros: salary and benefits good
Cons: culture, stress, the company you work for is in the media every day
Since 2008, RBS has become increasingly difficult to work for, and since Stephen Hester left as Chief Executive Officer it seems to have got worse. Employees are not valued, decisions are made without any regard for employee welfare and the culture is uncaring, demotivating and extremely stressful. They seem to be managing to stretch reorganisations – more... to ensure the maximum of uncertainty and lack of security amongst employees. – less
Busy and fast moving business
Insurance Recovery Driver (Current Employee), Castle Donington, ENGMay 12, 2014
my day usually consists of driving 3.5 tons up to a 12 ton truck collecting and delivering customers damaged cars, handle cash and dealing with the policy holder face to face.

I have to think on my feet when dealing with customers making sure i deliver good customer service at all times being the face of the company.

learning different roles within – more... the company to strengthen my knowledge of the business, the hardest part of the day is if something goes wrong and sorting it out swiftly.

Its good to work as part of a team of 65 people all working together to get the job done well. – less
Organization to work and settle with lots of people benefits.
Project Manager (Former Employee), London, ENGMarch 19, 2014
Organization to work and settle with lots of people benefits.
Relationship Manager's Assistant (Former Employee), LondonJanuary 30, 2014
There are a high number of staff within RBS who are turning the ship around through very hard work, dedication and a desire to get things right.
Great place to develop your career
Project Manager (Current Employee), BirminghamJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: media representation
A typical day is focussed and fulfilling. You learn to operate at many different levels, from simple customer interaction to dealing with internal stakeholders at many different levels. The management are professional and supportive. Good career progression available with excellent training opportunities.
Worked as a Manager
Manager (Former Employee), LondonDecember 9, 2013
Pros: after meeting targets enjoyed free dinners with team members..
Cons: at times had to stretch along with my team members...
Working in a Branch with Daily Targets to meet monthly Targets was a great experience in life.
Challenging and Fulfilling Workplace
Head of Offshoring, Business & Commercial Banking (Current Employee), Edinburgh / LondonSeptember 25, 2013
Stretching opportunities and ability to make a difference for the customer
RBS
Group Sanctions Analyst (Current Employee), EdinburghSeptember 23, 2013
A very good place to work with interesting and challenging work in the excellent setting of group head office Gogarburn. The work life balance is good and the benefits package very competitive.
Learning and Growth
Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Current Employee), Infinity towers gurgaon.September 22, 2013
Pros: free meal and cab, learning opportunity.
Cons: i feels that the payscale is a bit low.
Working with a Brand like RBS is a wonderfull experience. I have learnt a lot while my tenure of around years. RBS has got a very good work life balance for its employes and provide adequate support for growth and development.
Royal Bank of Scotland is an organisation which is focusing mainly on customer as well as employee satisfaction
Officer - Banking & Financial Services Division (Former Employee), Chennai-IndiaSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: free food, fun at work
Cons: high volumes
It is an organisation which is concentrating mainly on customers as well as employees. We will get a good work life balance here.
RBS
Designated Complaints Handler (Former Employee), LeicesterAugust 15, 2013
A hard working career that requires dedication, strong listening skills along with a strong eye for detail.
Changing with the current climate
RBS-LCSC-CUSTOMER SERVICES OFFICER (Current Employee), LondonJuly 30, 2013
Pros: good working relationships with peers
Cons: lack of communication and politics
As with all companies these days RBS is constantly changing to adapt to outside pressures. RBS is focusing on becoming, 'standalone' once more and has done well under the guidance of the current CEO. Good working relationships can be found with co-workers however staff often complain about lack of communication from management. This is analysed in the – more... form of Pulse Surveys. The most difficult part of my job for me is all the politics that are becoming increasingly more common. I enjoy my working relationships with my colleagues the best along with my main focus at work, which is to be truly customer focused and serve them well. – less