Royal Canin Employee Reviews in United States

Top notch pet nutrition
District Manager (Current Employee) –  MissouriJune 7, 2016
A typical day in the field is visiting a minimum of 6 accounts with pre scheduled appointments and lunch seminars. The hardest part of the job is dealing with numbers not coming in on time or accurately. Most of the management team is decent. There are a few who have no idea what they are doing managing people.
The best part of this job is educating the veterinarians and their staff on pet nutrition. And being able to impact a pet and pet parents life indirectly.
Pros
In general this is a great company
Cons
unrealistic expectations
dont settle
DM (Current Employee) –  USAJune 6, 2016
The hardest part of this job was losing the enjoyment I use to get from it. The field reps are not respected. Management is unqualified. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the pets. There is no typical day at work- always putting out fires, company lacks in communication, too many chiefs.
Pros
helping the pets
Cons
no balance, you will burn out fast
All in a day's work!
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 6, 2015
A typical day with Royal Canin for me consisted of sourcing resumes for District Sales Managers nationwide. I was responsible for posting and updating requisitions on CareerBuilder, Monster, LinkedIn, and Indeed through Equest and Taleo.I also scheduled candidates for phone screening and interviews. I learned a great of knowledge from the view point of talent recruiting in HR. My co-workers were great! They were always so helpful and willing to pass along any informative information. The absolute hardest part about working for Royal Canin was leaving on the last day of my temporary assignment. I enjoyed every aspect of my position with Royal Canin. It was an incredible learning experience.
Pros
Learning new information in HR
ok place to work
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOJuly 4, 2015
this is a great place to work I enjoyed the people and the job. I miss dealing with the people around the world I am done typing these out sorry...
Veterinary Technician-Technical Services (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOApril 22, 2014
I love working for Royal Canin. Most of the people that work there truly care about you and your well being. There are opportunities for advancement but it's very hard to be selected for advancement unfortunately. Some of the immediate line managers really shouldn't be there and treat their subordinates poorly. The pay is AMAZING as compared to private practice or even the corporate practices (Banfield, VCA, etc...) Overall, it's an amazing place to work and it would take a lot to get me to leave.
Pros
free lunches often, opportunities to participate in community service projects, great pay/benefits/bonuses
Cons
terrible line managers in certain departments, tight schedule
Professional, Family oriented atmosphere
Customer Service/Order Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 26, 2013
I truly enjoyed working for Royal Canin in St Charles Missouri. Management really cared about their employees and always asked employees for their Ideas or suggestions on how to promote company growth.
Pros
bonuses, free lunches, free tickest to the cardinals game
Cons
allowing the employees to bring their pets to work.
Good job for the area.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Rolla, MOAugust 30, 2014
Great opportunities to work in pet nutrition, but little opportunities for advancement. Typical politics to the 100th power without opportunities to be left out. Decreasing benefits is a constant trend.
Pros
training opportunites in safety and quality.
Cons
leadership by intimidation.
all jobs
Sales Coordinator / LA County (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 3, 2014
Ok abnormal day at work is running to all three jobs now. One is getting all pretty to sell make up. Then off to the next one which of course to need to be minor glamor so time to dress down to sell sports active wear. Then time to get all business wear and drive all over los angles county do help people with there pets by suggesting a great formula for dog or cat food. With all my job I can say everyone of my co workers act like a family and that what help a business. I would say the hardest thing about these jobs is I just want one to make it so I can only work one. But I cant say I hate my jobs cause they all have there good thing animal job I work with animal how fun, make up job its fun make other people feel better about them selves, and clothes job is cool because you learn about all the new sports gear. I learn hard work can bring you anywhere but its up to you if you even really want it.
Pros
lunch free
Cons
driving ever where
Good Place To Work
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MOMay 28, 2014
They are really good to their employees they treat you like you belong and have stuff for your family to do thru out the year
Pros
good benifits
Cons
not enough pay
National Account Management
National Account Management (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 17, 2014
National Account Management for Petco and Pet Supplies Plus.

Want to know more about Royal Canin?

Ask a question
Environnement de travail agréable
Animatrice (Current Employee) –  mobileAugust 26, 2014
Emploi occasionnel donc malheureusement on ne peut pas parler de sécurité d'emploi.
Pros
repas et frais d'essence remboursés
Cons
job occasionnel