Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Employee Reviews

working with chefs and preparing bulk quntity food for passengers
Chief cook in M/V focus admiralty (SEISMIC SHIP) (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 24, 2015
Pros: crew activities and free tour of different places
Cons: 10 hours
working in different section improve the productivity.working with different nationality and learn different culture.Be part of a operation in breakfast ,lunch and dinner .
Fast Times at Royal
Sales agent (Current Employee), Springfield,OregonAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Gym, benefits, incentives, paychecks, cafe, job
Cons: I'm not sitting by window
It's not your average call center. This place is huge and full of suprises. The Co workers you will meet are always nice, management as well. The training is outstanding. They even have a gym and several places to stand lift some weights a d stretch in between breaks and such. Cafeteria is very very nice and has excellent good at a cheap price. Very impressive.
The incentives, benefits, and OT makes this a very nice place to be, and I am proud to be here, in the AC building. Very naturally lit I might add with all the windows.
The job itself? Simple, answer incoming calls, help guests book a cruise, or resolve a ticket, or answer a question they can't find themselves .. profit.
Fun and exciting place to work
SHIPBOARD EVENT COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Wichita, KSAugust 17, 2015
Pros: employee cruises
Cons: call center
Fun and exciting place to work. Very supportive of different cultures and diversity. Management staff is exceptional and supportive. Lots of room for growth.
Well rounded working environment
Senior Sous Chef (Current Employee), Miami, FLAugust 11, 2015
Working here is fun while been challenging at times. It's a seven day work week with a minimum of ten hours per shift. Supportive crew members and management.
Royal Caribbean
Guest Port Services Hotel & Transfer Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 7, 2015
A great place to work, I have been there over 10 years, great peers, coworkers, management. I really enjoyed my time are Royal Caribbean.
Not a good fit
Studio Production Assistant (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 5, 2015
Cons: No benefits, not flexible
This job was not a good fit for me. The position asked for too much work with little to no compensation. Not a great work environment.
Bad management
Pool Attendant (Former Employee), miamiAugust 5, 2015
the management group in some areas is lead by emotions, personal and race-cultural reasons instead of their real management porpuses that is why they're in those positions
Terrible if u want a real life
stage staff (Former Employee), boatAugust 3, 2015
Pros: free food and board. Cool location
Cons: everythingggg else
horrible people. Nasty especially on the old boats. U are a number and not a person. Higher ranking officers act like gods who rule over you. If u value life and freedom and are a realistic individual with hopes and dreams stay farrrr away. Bearly any pay and absolutly no respect.
Creative job
specialist (Former Employee), usaJuly 30, 2015
My responsibilities are to provide my knowledge of the show industry to assist any customer, so any expectations are met to the fullest, ranging from the setup, to the cooperation and coordination of the different teams and aspects of the production, so every show runs smoothly.
Security Guard (Former Employee), several countriesJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunchs
Cons: Working long hours
It was a company where I could have great achievements in productivity growth , one can learn and grow within the company , timely wages. Good working environment and team work.
Decent place
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 9, 2015
Not the best place to work. Decent pay. Management was strict, but pretty chill. Very closed cliques going on. I didn't work long enough to gain any real experience. Royal Caribbean basically fires anybody that doesn't met their quota.
its an ok company
Web Producer/Designer (Former Employee), miami, flJuly 8, 2015
Pros: beautiful scenery, ok employees
Cons: terrible management
Unless you are used to corporate work style, then you won't like it here. there is some promise of advancement but unless you are good at pretending to work versus the amount of work you can actually turn in, then its the place for you.
Productive WorkPlace
Travel Agent (Current Employee), MiramarJune 24, 2015
This is a great company to work for with great employees and benefits. I have learned a great deal and looking forward to better myself as I am growing as a professional.
Productive and fun environment
PRODUCT MANAGER (Former Employee), Redmond, WAJune 16, 2015
Productive and fun environment, multicultural and very diverse. Outstanding customer centric focus and exceeding expectations. Very heavy on delivering the WOW, while conserving resources and keep our oceans clean. Efficiencies and continuous improvement initiatives throughout the entire organization.
Very fun place to work, by making lots of money while visiting the world
Assistant Manager Restaurant (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 15, 2015
Pros: Food and beverages are included, great ship life, travels, great money
Cons: work many hours
Great company to work for, you can make great savings in a short time, you do this all by traveling all over the world you have time off in the ports where you can go ashore and visit and have a good time at the beach or at a great Restaurant, you always have cash as you don't pay for food or none alcoholic beverages onboard, If you are single the best job!
I wish I never started working here!
Special Travel Agent Relations (Current Employee), Springfield, ORJune 12, 2015
I am still employed with this company. Wish I had never started. Their initiative is to be on the list of 100 best companies to work for, yet they can't seem to keep employees around. The boast about the countless opportunities to promote within the company. The truth is that you have to send your resume and cover letter to the hiring department, complete a project, go to an interview, then complete a second interview. If you are lucky enough to get the promotion, it is based solely off the fact that you have friends in other departments. Promotions in this company are not based off of performance or motivation. They also have an agent in Mirimar Florida who calculates your stats in order to rank you in your department to pick your shift every 6 months. Problems I have with this - 1) Instability of work hours based off of reports that are not calculated correctly. 2) One person analyzing all of the data for over 2,000 employees does not make good business sense for a company this large. 3) When their reports are inaccurate and they cannot find any data on an employee, they are placed at the bottom of the ranking list and forced to take any shift that is given to them. I could go on for days about how many problems this company has and why they will never make the top 100 list from the way they treat their employees, but I will refrain. All that I ask is if you are reading this review, please do your research regarding all of the benefits they are offering you and realize that you will need to read the fine print when working for this company.
Workflow
Airline Ticketing Agent (Former Employee), RCCLJune 10, 2015
Call center environment, very busy. very busy phones, extremely busy phones, did not enjoy the call center based atmosphere.
WONDERFUL COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
PROFESSIONAL FIGURE SKATER (Former Employee), WORLD TOUR CRUISE SHIPJune 10, 2015
LOVED WORKING FOR ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL. WAS AMAZING 5 YEARS. WORKED ALL AROUND THE WORLD WITH INCREDIBLE PEOPLE AND HAD THE BEST EXPERIENCES OF MY LIFE.
Productive and very busy enviroment
Human Resources Coordinator Shipboard (Former Employee), Miami FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: Cruises were free
Cons: Not Direct hire
Do not wish to write nothing since it was a temporary position.
Busy environment and background checks.
Employees were great they were team work and they were always wiling to help. Management was not helpful
Pick your department wisely
Specialist (Current Employee), MiamiJune 10, 2015
Pros: Huge operation where you need results immediately and you see their impact.
Cons: No one has enough time to follow up or invest in pro-active solutions.
As an employer, your department and direct manager are the greatest determinant of your experience. There is also a huge gap between shoreside culture and shipboard culture and the working environment changes from ship to ship and department to department. I was fortunate to work under a fantastic manager but with changes in management, expectations and opportunities changed as well. Other colleagues weren't so fortunate and struggled to maintain work-life balance while others were even better off. There isn't one voice for the corporation. Before accepting a position make sure you have those conversations with your manager so they are aware of your expectations and you understand their expectations of you.