Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Employee Reviews

Royal was an excellent palace to work until new management took over on 2016
Senior System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 16, 2017
Previous to new management took over IT, Royal Caribbean was a grate place to work, was challenge, excellent management, teams member very professional and fun. The company culture was good.
Pros
People, opportunity to travel the world and good benefits
Cons
New management
Very good company
Working chef (Former Employee) –  Miami, USAAugust 16, 2017
A great company with great exposure, good pay, benefits. A very professional approach in handling affairs. Though long hours of hard work but that is the requirement
Pros
Professional
Cons
Hard and long hours of work
Excellent place to work
Guest Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, Florida, USA.August 12, 2017
A job that gives you a professional experience as well as an experience of life.
Living and working with people over 60 different nationalities can brings you a large cultural knowledge and you can even improve your language skills.
A happy atmosphere to work where you learn how to provide excellence in service, working under pressure and resilience.
The hardest part of working on board is the homesickness, as the contract last from 6 to 8 months each and the most enjoyable part is the opportunity to travel and know places worldwide.
Pros
Chance to save money as there is no bill to pay.
Cons
No day-off during the contract.
Good for Traveling
Sports Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami FloridaAugust 12, 2017
Royal is good company for work for, when you want to travel,

You will work every day that you are board sometimes 12 hours days.

You learn to get along with all people from all around the world
Good
Casino Operations Coordinator, Hotel Operation (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 11, 2017
Overall Management need better training but in general a good environment to work. The cruise benefits are great. I learned a lot about the kind of manager I want to be some day
Productive working environment
Assistant waiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 10, 2017
During my time in the police force from August of 2006 to June of 2008, I was responsible for regulating traffic and processing of individuals who committed themselves. I had to submit reports within tight deadlines, for submission to the courts. I also worked on beat patrol, incharge of upholding the peace on a daily basis, whilst taking statements from witnesses and complainants who came to report a criminal matter or civil matter.
Continuous growth
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  MiamiAugust 8, 2017
A very good company to work with a very good environment to growth. Offers numerous trainings. The diversity of people from around the world brings a massive learning on different cultures.
Room for Improvement
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 7, 2017
Organization lacks team work among the different departments.
A typical day involves many meetings and answering emails.
Also, there are many interruptions throughout the day.
productive and fun place
Sports staff (Former Employee) –  miamiAugust 7, 2017
My job on the cruiser was very interesting. I worked as a sports staff, which means that I was responsible for everything in terms of sports. I organized various volleyball tournaments. I organized tournaments in basket and table tennis. I learned people to surf on Waves
Pros
free meals
Cons
very long hours
Sometimes fun place to work ,sometimes very stressfull
Florida USA- Youth Staff (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 6, 2017
It was great experience and learned a lot about all departements sice we gad to help in several fields llike Shore Excursions,Sports Activities,Front Desk and Gangway operation.The hardest part of the job was that sometimes we had to work with some not well skilled people,unfortunately and working with kids was more pressure on one person.
I did get to travel the world as well and meet such great friends so overall was an amazing and unforgetable experince.
Cons
for Royal is more quantity then quality at the moment unfortunately.
Buen ambiente de trabajo, pero no hay descanso.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJAugust 5, 2017
En Royal Caribbean es una gran experiencia el estar ahí cocinando para una ciudad flotante, convives con gente de muchas parte del mundo, conoces cultura y aprendes sus costumbres. Lo malo de esto, es tener que trabajar fuera de casa mucho tiempo, y no tener día de descanso.
Pros
Paga en dolares, conoces el mundo.
Cons
No hay día de descanso
Amazing benefits, opportunity for career advancement
CONSUMER OUTREACH SALES & SERVICE COACH (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ORAugust 4, 2017
Royal Caribbean works hard to promote from within and allows for lateral and upward movement as openings allow. As a supervisor, the role is rewarding and challenging. I was able to build skills in communication, coaching, leadership, and sales.
Nice Environment
Executive Assistant - Vice President (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 31, 2017
Temps could temp for more than a year, before being hired.

The people are pleasant to work with.
Nice work environment
The turn over is not high
People suffer with change, due to the long years of working there
Upper management, seems to turn over after two years
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Too long before getting hired
Travel while working
Commis (Current Employee) –  MiamiJuly 31, 2017
Yes its is hard to work afar from your family but there's Internet. Yes we work plenty then the usual hotel operation but we work together and it is a challenge to myself.
Good Salary, amazing way to travel while you work.
Guest Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 27, 2017
The Cruise Line work environment is very different from your typical Hotel, our shifts could range between 9 to 10 hours a day, on embarkation our shifts could be up to 12 hours.
I really enjoyed this working experience and so far it was on this company that I learned the most, all of the deadlines are asap, or like we used to say "for yesterday", also all of my managers were very experienced and dedicated, one of the reasons why I learned so much and came to Portugal as AFDM.
Learning environment
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grenada w.i.July 24, 2017
Preparing lesson plans for students.

Students receive information differently its the teachers job to to guide and teach in accordance to the lesson plan.

Management was always supportive in the best interest of the students.

Uplifting and inspiring.

Inability to interject ones own philosophies.

The vulnerability of children, the ability to learn.
Pros
Teaching
Cons
Productive and awesome place to work!
Supervisor, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 24, 2017
Royal Caribbean is a great company who focuses on its employee morale and providing excellent customer service along with delivering an incredible experience.
excelent crew activites
Video Editor /Broadcast Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 19, 2017
grate work enviroment good living conditions good culture good management efficent training chance to see the world grate mixture of cultures good food and licving
Pros
free meals
Cons
short brakes
Great company who cares about their customers as well as their employees.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 14, 2017
I assisted customers and travel partners with booking cruises and managing the accounts of those who already have a booking. I also provided info about the ships and itineraries.
Pros
Getting to sample the products we sold
Cons
I can't think of any
Exciting Work
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2017
As a Human Resources Intern, I never realized all the complications and challenges that professionals in human resources faced in a cruise industry

With most of your employees in offices that are moving around the world, and the crew living together for months, there are bound to be unique HR challenges to arise that only the cruise industry face.

I enjoyed my time at Royal Caribbean, but I was a little disappointed by how outdated it was. The equipment and policies both seemed just a little out of touch with modern times and definitely needed an update for a company of their stature.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2