Royal Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Awesome place to work
Database Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 9, 2016
Family oriented and friendly place to work. We care about the life we touch, we respect our core value, to do the right thing and to make it easy etc
Great Place to Work
Member Account Representative III (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 14, 2015
Great atmosphere and work environment. Always been treated very well in both positions that I have been with at Royal. There is chances to move up within the company as well.
Terrible Benefits and Pay
MSR (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 16, 2015
The health insurance is terrible. Very expensive for employee plus spouse and rates increase every year with no prescription benefits and high deductibles. I can't imagine trying to support a family as a teller on their wage and expensive insurance.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Terrible insurance, low pay
Member Account Representative II (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 28, 2015
Royal Credit Union cares about their team members and work with their members in the best way that they can. Royal's core values make sure that each team member is going to help their members to be highly satisfied.
Truly lives their company core values
Business Loan Analyst (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJune 17, 2015
RCU is a great company to work for. The people are terrific, some of the nicest folks I've known. Anyone interested in working at a credit union should check them out.
Productive and exciting
Financial Sales Representative IV (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 15, 2015
Working at moholt has a culture of depending on you to take care of the member like you would like to be treated. I have grown tremendously throughout the past 9 years, learning everything I can about various types of banking products. The management at RCU is fantastic. They enjoy providing feedback and accepting your needs to learn more things. They allow you to grow and provide you more responsibility. We are a team within Moholt and the rest of the RCU employees, we all work together to provide the best service for our members. I love working with the our members, they teach me things, and I get to help them out. Sometimes it can get pretty busy with members coming in back to back and can be a little stressful in trying to get everything done by the end of the day. RCU is a great place to work and grow.
Work was fun and interesting
Credit Card Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIFebruary 3, 2015
As coordinator of the Credit Card Department I researched, developed, implemented and marketed new programs associated with the credit card program. I processed the monthly report to the board of directors on the financial status of the credit card program.
I assisted in collections on delinquent and over limit credit cards.
I wrote legal terms and conditions for credit cards, wrote manuals and worked on fraud detection, prevention and prosecution. I also trained staff in our department as well as 13 other offices. Management was like a family to everyone and I couldn't wait to go to work every morning.
Pros
everyone worked as a team and had fun doing it
Cons
they grew so fast they had some growing pain but they all worked out.
Not much room for growth, executive team doesn't walk the talk
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIDecember 9, 2014
It is very difficult to advance- most of the movement within the company is lateral with a few exceptions. You are expected to "career path" and if you apply for a position that is not in your career path, middle management questions why you have applied. Often times, several people in the same department are openly competing for the same job at the end of their career path- which causes a competitive atmosphere and makes a team friendly environment nearly impossible.

The new executive team seems to take the "my way or the highway" approach. Which is perfectly fine, however they ask employees to fill out engagement surveys and whenever there are disagreements or suggestions, they are shot down and team members are told their complaints are not valid. If they don't want to know- they shouldn't ask, or act like they care in the first place, it has been made very clear the executive team only wants feedback when it supports their decision. It was very disheartening to think your voice mattered only to have entire departments shot down when there were major concerns. It also causes a very negative atmosphere within departments.

There are several team members who do not perform their job duties at a high standard, which causes many errors that need to be corrected on a regular basis, which means more work for those who are performing their job duties at a high standard. This is mostly due to high turnover in certain departments, and I believe that high turnover is due to the low pay team members receive. Many individuals get the experience necessary to move on and they do so as
  more... soon as they find anything better, causing a constant training environment.  less
Pros
a lot of team members are wonderful people
Cons
lack of growth, low pay, executive team
It was a very interesting job
Mortgage Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIApril 5, 2014
Everyday was a little different which I really enjoyed. There were bills to pay on escrowed loans. Homeowners Insurance, Mortgage Insurance, and Property Taxes. I was also responsible for when they paid their mortgage payment on their sold loans. When the loan was a fixed mortgage we sold the loan to Freddie Mac and it my responsibility to make sure those payments got sent properly to Freddie Mac. I liked the fact that management trusted me enough to give me new jobs often. Whenever they had something that needed to be done they felt comfortable enough that I could handle it so they gave it to me and not anyone else.
I thoroughly enjoyed my co-workers. The hardest part of the job was tax season as we had to manually enter each persons tax amount and then cut the check and get them mailed in time for the end of the year.
Pros
great incentive program, enjoyable work and co-workers, learned new jobs monthly
Cons
no breaks
Excellent training department
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 17, 2014
Enjoyed serving local community with financial services and consumer lending.
A good corporate environment.
Technical Writing Intern (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJanuary 22, 2014
RCU always concerns itself with its customers and is employees. I loved interning there.
Great work enviroment
Member Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 10, 2013
A great company to work for! I have learned a great sales culture and core values while working at this company. I think RCU is moving forward with great strides for the future success of the company.
Great Place
Financial Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 21, 2013
I enjoyed my 7 years at RCU, I just felt in the long run there was to much time to become docile making upward movement a little tough. My co-workers and Managers became life long friends that I can still reach out to, even after I've been gone for 2 years.
Cons
it's finance and account management, so not every customer may be happy to see you.
Great work culture
Home Loan Processor, LTE (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIMay 14, 2013
Good place to work, very focused on ethics and work-life balance.