Royal Cup Coffee

Royal Cup Coffee Employee Reviews

Great Company - awesome coffee!
National Sales Administrator - National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 7, 2015
Good corporate environment. Interesting industry and nice people to work with. Addressed customer concerns from the field. Set up new accounts, ordered equipment and tracking installations and gathering credit information.
Pros
Coffee at a discount!
Cons
Always changing procedures
Steady job, good money, alot of hours
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJuly 29, 2015
The biggest thing that I learned at Royal Cup is that in many instances you have to force yourself to work smart not hard in order for positive production to take place.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I had a lot of trust from the upper management, and as long as I got my work done, (no issues)
Hardest part of the job was the long labor hours I had to put in with no backup, plan in place when something went wrong.
Pros
You have your own schedule
Cons
Alot of hours....No backup plan when things are not running smoothly
unless you really need a job....dont trouble yourself with this!!
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2015
Terrible company. You will get tossed aside and thrown under the bus daily. The service manager in STL couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were written on the bottom. You will drive 1500 to 2000 miles a week repairing equipment. You are on guard everywhere you go because if they complain about you..you will get wrote up and fired. This is really a bad company to work for....especially in St.Louis..extremely disorganized! ! Bad management in office coffee and Food service.....beware!
Pros
You will get paid if they dont mess up your check!
Cons
dont get hurt...they will fire you!
Machine Operator/ Utility (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2015
The worst company in terms or fairness and supervision. There are no real liable training,team lead just put you out there on your own. A lot of favoritism shown to.
Pros
Cons
Favoritism
Unproductive
coffee distributor (Former Employee) –  St. louis moJune 25, 2015
A typical day for me was simple, however nothing gets done. I was promised a full time job, which never happened and I was thrown under the bus at least once a week by one of my bosses if not several of them. It was not run very well at all.
Pros
Free coffee which I never really got, supposed to be a case a month but I only recieved 2 bags of coffee
Cons
under the bus throwing
A great place to work.
Benefits & Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 7, 2015
Experiencing some growing pains because business is good! You wear many hats and won't get bored! Employees are good team mates and everyone seems to generally care about eachother.
Pros
Being part of a "family".
The chance to be a part of an expanding company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 20, 2014
Royal Cup Coffee is a well established family owned company with home offices in Birmingham, Alabama. The company imports, roasts and distributes their superior coffee products to some of the best known businesses in the world (i.e. - McDonalds, Hardees, Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, Huddle House, Hilton Hotels, a wide variety of convenience stores and many of the best white table cloth restaurants) in the markets they work in. I was hired as the District Manager to establish the South Carolina, NC and Georgia markets when they decided to expand their business. I was able to use my years of experience in sales with Pepsi Cola (aka - Atlantic Bottling Company) to service existing accounts and was able to establish new businesses and relationships while hiring, training and managing Route Sales Drivers, Service Technicians and a warehouse to expand the area. Travel around the district to assure quality to existing customers and establish and assure quality service was important to maintaining and growing the business. I was able to work independently and learned how to hone my sales skills to establish new clients.
Pros
entrepreneurial spirit of the company
Cons
over 80k miles of travel annually by car
Royal Cup--A Snapshot of Kevin Doepp everyday
Raleigh, NC-Regional Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 31, 2014
A typical day at work is never the same. I spend time prospecting and generating leads to grow my business. I have learned the value of patience and how to be more of a challenger salesperson in the ever-changing sales world. The products are always changing and people are always excited to talk about what's new. The challenge are finding the right customers who want to work with you and value more than just the costs involved.
Good company to work for
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 3, 2014
Good company--not the best pay, but that's standard for the coffee industry
Productive but very physically demanding.
QUALITY CONTROL OPERATOR/TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 27, 2014
I worked with a lot of great people. This is a very physically demanding job, and requires you to pay close attention to detail. You are judged on your production accuracy and performance on a daily basis. Just very frustrating working for a company and be expected to meet deadlines, and have equipment not working properly to allow you to meet your daily goals. Not enough money is invested back into the operations of the company from upper management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I grew to know and form a very strong bond with a few. I would recommend this type of job to a young college person looking for extra money, but not for anyone with any kind of physical limitations, or health concerns, as the warehouse is not air-conditioned, and it can get very hot during summer hours with coffee roasters going in the same warehouse as you are.
Pros
a lot of company sponsored functions such as luncheons, retirement parties.
It was my first job after high school
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 28, 2014
Very boring , there was no moving up in that place. No learning. Coworkers great and management don't care anything other than them self ! the only part that was good was a job and i got money.
Cons
everything
Wonderful company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAOctober 1, 2013
Outstanding company working in the beverage industry the ability to learn new items was always open for an individual's time and interest
I did not enjoy this job at all
Coffee Roaster and Utility (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 4, 2013
All of my co-workers were lazy and got away with it. The environment is not good for one's health. I worked very hard at this job and got no recognition for it.
Pros
job security
Cons
alot
productive and fun work place
Packaging Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 19, 2013
Great co-workers, had a great time experiencing something new, wouldn't mind working in a similar atmosphere.
FUN JOB WITH NO ONE LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDERS ALL THE TIME.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Mableton, GADecember 18, 2012
GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE TO WORK FOR. WORK ON COMMISSION. THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE MORE MONEY YOU MAKE.
Pros
work on your own. customers.
Cons
heavy lifting, customers.