Royal Cup Coffee

Royal Cup Coffee Employee Reviews

The chance to be a part of an expanding company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 20, 2014
Pros: entrepreneurial spirit of the company
Cons: over 80k miles of travel annually by car
Royal Cup Coffee is a well established family owned company with home offices in Birmingham, Alabama. The company imports, roasts and distributes their superior coffee products to some of the best known businesses in the world (i.e. - McDonalds, Hardees, Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, Huddle House, Hilton Hotels, a wide variety of convenience stores and many of the best white table cloth restaurants) in the markets they work in. I was hired as the District Manager to establish the South Carolina, NC and Georgia markets when they decided to expand their business. I was able to use my years of experience in sales with Pepsi Cola (aka - Atlantic Bottling Company) to service existing accounts and was able to establish new businesses and relationships while hiring, training and managing Route Sales Drivers, Service Technicians and a warehouse to expand the area. Travel around the district to assure quality to existing customers and establish and assure quality service was important to maintaining and growing the business. I was able to work independently and learned how to hone my sales skills to establish new clients.
Royal Cup--A Snapshot of Kevin Doepp everyday
Raleigh, NC-Regional Account Executive (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 31, 2014
A typical day at work is never the same. I spend time prospecting and generating leads to grow my business. I have learned the value of patience and how to be more of a challenger salesperson in the ever-changing sales world. The products are always changing and people are always excited to talk about what's new. The challenge are finding the right customers who want to work with you and value more than just the costs involved.
Good company to work for
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee), Montgomery, ALSeptember 3, 2014
Good company--not the best pay, but that's standard for the coffee industry
Productive but very physically demanding.
QUALITY CONTROL OPERATOR/TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJune 27, 2014
Pros: a lot of company sponsored functions such as luncheons, retirement parties.
I worked with a lot of great people. This is a very physically demanding job, and requires you to pay close attention to detail. You are judged on your production accuracy and performance on a daily basis. Just very frustrating working for a company and be expected to meet deadlines, and have equipment not working properly to allow you to meet your daily goals. Not enough money is invested back into the operations of the company from upper management. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I grew to know and form a very strong bond with a few. I would recommend this type of job to a young college person looking for extra money, but not for anyone with any kind of physical limitations, or health concerns, as the warehouse is not air-conditioned, and it can get very hot during summer hours with coffee roasters going in the same warehouse as you are.
It was my first job after high school
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALJanuary 28, 2014
Cons: everything
Very boring , there was no moving up in that place. No learning. Coworkers great and management don't care anything other than them self ! the only part that was good was a job and i got money.
Wonderful company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAOctober 1, 2013
Outstanding company working in the beverage industry the ability to learn new items was always open for an individual's time and interest
I did not enjoy this job at all
Coffee Roaster and Utility (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 4, 2013
Pros: job security
Cons: alot
All of my co-workers were lazy and got away with it. The environment is not good for one's health. I worked very hard at this job and got no recognition for it.
productive and fun work place
Packaging Machine Operator (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 19, 2013
Great co-workers, had a great time experiencing something new, wouldn't mind working in a similar atmosphere.
FUN JOB WITH NO ONE LOOKING OVER YOUR SHOULDERS ALL THE TIME.
Territory Manager (Former Employee), Mableton, GADecember 18, 2012
Pros: work on your own. customers.
Cons: heavy lifting, customers.
GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE TO WORK FOR. WORK ON COMMISSION. THE HARDER YOU WORK, THE MORE MONEY YOU MAKE.

About Royal Cup Coffee

Royal Cup Coffee - Enjoying Over a Century of Success & Achievements Like most great stories, ours has a humble beginning. – Read more

Royal Cup Coffee Salaries