Royal Cup Coffee Employee Reviews

Good products; management lacks integrity
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 5, 2017
Company has a history of not paying earned & promised bonuses. Ask anyone who has left and they will tell you. How they haven’t been sued is beyond understanding.
Pros
Good products
Cons
Lack of leadership, integrity, trustworthiness
Not family oriented any more
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 14, 2017
I became ill and was hosptalized. The next day after being admitted, my manager and supervisor stopped by my home to pick up their van and phone, then proceeded to my hospital room to terminate me while I was heavily medicated. Saying I "didn't have any time left". I was just 9 days short of being there a year and being eligible for short term disability. Never seen such ruthlessness in my life
Pros
Overtime
Cons
You or your health is not a concern of theirs
Common sense is the enemy
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 5, 2017
Don't look for fairness of any kind. Common sense can get you fired. Management unable to communicate or make decisions well. Don't think fairness works either. They're worried more about clocking in on time than actual work done. They even claim they're the "best place to work" I'm assuming they must mean for the family.
Pros
Caffeine
Cons
No experience needed to move up, just blood relation.
Productive and fun
TRAFFIC MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 8, 2017
It's a really good place to work. The people are friendly and team players. We have a great work environment, management is really easy to work with.
Pros
Free soda, tea and coffee while at work
Cons
Healthcare
Official response from Royal Cup Coffee
September 18, 2017

We are thrilled to see you enjoying your time with Royal Cup! Yes, the free soda, tea and coffee is a great perk! We are continuing to work on how to make our healthcare options offered better. If you have any ideas, don't hesitate to reach out to our HR team!

Good place to work with plenty of freedom
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 11, 2017
Quick paced and challenging but fun at the same time. Management was supportive and they promote within. There was a lot of interaction with people and you don't have to sit at a desk all day.
Official response from Royal Cup Coffee
September 18, 2017

Yay! We love to hear this! Keep up the good work and continue being a culture builder!

Good company with Poor Management
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2017
I worked for this company for 3 years and continued to increase sales for my area coverage. I had a manager that stole my sales and when I confronted them about it I was let go.
Pros
Good insurance and flexible hours
Cons
Bad management
Productive Place
Drivers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shawnee Mission, KSApril 22, 2016
Down to earth people, very professional, great trainers. A typical day at work is going to the warehouse, stocking the items we need and going out on our routes to deliver coffee products. I learned from this job how to pursue my own business and how to budget money.
Pros
flexible, pick up from house
Cons
short breaks, hours vary
Overall they are a good company
Second shift production manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 26, 2016
Well for years they were a great place to work but about 5 years ago things started changing fast and a lot of it wasn't good changes and the moral went down hill. However they did give me a good package when i was laid off. The owners are still good people .
Pros
a chance for advancement, good benefits
high volume, not enough support
Territory Manager/Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 4, 2016
Very demanding schedules with weekends for service once per month. IT portion of company was broken and still is. It was difficult to receive freight in a timely manner having to order out ten days in advance along with regular shortages. They run lean and mean, doing more with less thus impacting work/life negatively
Pros
free coffee, set own schedule
Cons
little management support, poor IT handhelds
Excellent Benefits; Long hours and large workload
Manager (Current Employee) –  TNFebruary 12, 2016
Good company currently going through some organizational and procedural changes. Training of new employees leaves much to be desired.
Unfair work practices
Sales (Current Employee) –  georgiaSeptember 8, 2015
Unprofessional management, no respect for warehouse workers, administrative support and drivers. Working conditions are horrible.....
Pros
nothing
Cons
Disrespectful
Great Company - awesome coffee!
National Sales Administrator - National Accounts (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 7, 2015
Good corporate environment. Interesting industry and nice people to work with. Addressed customer concerns from the field. Set up new accounts, ordered equipment and tracking installations and gathering credit information.
Pros
Coffee at a discount!
Cons
Always changing procedures
Steady job, good money, alot of hours
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDJuly 29, 2015
The biggest thing that I learned at Royal Cup is that in many instances you have to force yourself to work smart not hard in order for positive production to take place.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I had a lot of trust from the upper management, and as long as I got my work done, (no issues)
Hardest part of the job was the long labor hours I had to put in with no backup, plan in place when something went wrong.
Pros
You have your own schedule
Cons
Alot of hours....No backup plan when things are not running smoothly
unless you really need a job....dont trouble yourself with this!!
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 16, 2015
Terrible company. You will get tossed aside and thrown under the bus daily. The service manager in STL couldn't pour water out of a boot if the instructions were written on the bottom. You will drive 1500 to 2000 miles a week repairing equipment. You are on guard everywhere you go because if they complain about you..you will get wrote up and fired. This is really a bad company to work for....especially in St.Louis..extremely disorganized! ! Bad management in office coffee and Food service.....beware!
Pros
You will get paid if they dont mess up your check!
Cons
dont get hurt...they will fire you!
Machine Operator/ Utility (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 15, 2015
The worst company in terms or fairness and supervision. There are no real liable training,team lead just put you out there on your own. A lot of favoritism shown to.
Pros
Cons
Favoritism
Unproductive
coffee distributor (Former Employee) –  St. louis moJune 25, 2015
A typical day for me was simple, however nothing gets done. I was promised a full time job, which never happened and I was thrown under the bus at least once a week by one of my bosses if not several of them. It was not run very well at all.
Pros
Free coffee which I never really got, supposed to be a case a month but I only recieved 2 bags of coffee
Cons
under the bus throwing
A great place to work.
Benefits & Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 7, 2015
Experiencing some growing pains because business is good! You wear many hats and won't get bored! Employees are good team mates and everyone seems to generally care about eachother.
Pros
Being part of a "family".
The chance to be a part of an expanding company
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 20, 2014
Royal Cup Coffee is a well established family owned company with home offices in Birmingham, Alabama. The company imports, roasts and distributes their superior coffee products to some of the best known businesses in the world (i.e. - McDonalds, Hardees, Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, Huddle House, Hilton Hotels, a wide variety of convenience stores and many of the best white table cloth restaurants) in the markets they work in. I was hired as the District Manager to establish the South Carolina, NC and Georgia markets when they decided to expand their business. I was able to use my years of experience in sales with Pepsi Cola (aka - Atlantic Bottling Company) to service existing accounts and was able to establish new businesses and relationships while hiring, training and managing Route Sales Drivers, Service Technicians and a warehouse to expand the area. Travel around the district to assure quality to existing customers and establish and assure quality service was important to maintaining and growing the business. I was able to work independently and learned how to hone my sales skills to establish new clients.
Pros
Entrepreneurial spirit of the company
Cons
Over 80K miles of travel annually by car
Royal Cup--A Snapshot of Kevin Doepp everyday
Raleigh, NC-Regional Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 31, 2014
A typical day at work is never the same. I spend time prospecting and generating leads to grow my business. I have learned the value of patience and how to be more of a challenger salesperson in the ever-changing sales world. The products are always changing and people are always excited to talk about what's new. The challenge are finding the right customers who want to work with you and value more than just the costs involved.
Good company to work for
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 3, 2014
Good company--not the best pay, but that's standard for the coffee industry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royal Cup Coffee. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8