Job Summary: Designs and implements software for automotive end of line vehicle testing machines. Actively participates in the development and the field support of these machines, worldwide.
Job Specifications: BSCS or BSEE or BSCE with equivalent programming experience strongly preferred. Ideal candidate will possess over three (3) years designing real-time/multitasking software in C/C++ and has had exposure to equipment integration, buy-offs and installations in the field. Self-starter and self motivated individual who understands the importance of being a team player to achieve organizational goals. Thrives in a fast paced and changing work environment. Is thoughtful and respects others. Handles pressure with a positive attitude. Willing and able to travel as needed. Can work in multicultural environments.
Primary skills and responsibilities: (Others may be assigned)
- Programming real-time/multitasking control software in C/C++
- Troubleshoot multiprocessor software and hardware systems in the lab and in the field. Communicate with customers and the client managers to define requirements and resolve functionality or schedule conflicts
- Document code and manuals to ease software maintenance
- Supports new equipment and equipment-installed base by providing on line support or on location support throughout the world
- Understanding of electronic and computer hardware systems, and the ability to use this knowledge to troubleshoot equipment and advise others
- Solid experience in the programming of serial and network communication interfaces (RS 232/422, Ethernet)
- Familiarity with Unix, and Windows programming
- Object oriented programming experience
- Modify and maintain software upgrades
- Has a good understanding of mechanisms and mechanical components
- Up to 25% of a Senior Software Developers time may be spent on the research and development of new products.
- Travel as needed (30% - 50% and possible international travel)
Royal Engineering International, Inc. offers an outstanding benefits package covering the employee and family.
- Medical Health Care
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- 401K Savings Plan
Currently have openings in Grand Rapids, Michigan and Metro Detroit.
Visit www.royalinc.com for more details.