Royal Oaks Country Club Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Small Personal Club
Head Coach/ Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2017
Members at the club expected a lot from their employees
Clean and updated club
small swim team with few members
Caring management team
HR department was influx
Pros
Caring management
Cons
Small Club
Great people in workplace and fancy environment.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2017
It was unorganized and the management wasn't good. If i was a bad worker i would be able to sit down all day, but I had respect for the workplace and did what i was asked and i was also poorly supervised.
Moved to Florida
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 23, 2016
Working at the Country Club was great! The sunrises on the water, and the sunsets on the greens. The grounds were breathtaking, and I enjoyed working with all other employees. The member owned club has been one of my favorite places to work, and I miss everyone there.
Pros
Employee meals, and great members
Cons
I moved...
Easy,understanding
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 7, 2016
It was an ok job. Just the pay was not worth all that extra work.alot of people sit on their butts.
And let other people do more work.
Pros
In your own bubble
Cons
Hour break
• Created off-site work stations for catered events • Expressed knowledge of the grill, sauté, and pantry • Prepared banquet items as needed • Able to
Station/Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 20, 2016
• Created off-site work stations for catered events
• Expressed knowledge of the grill, sauté, and pantry
• Prepared banquet items as needed
• Able to focus in a high volume environment
Easy job, great atmosphere
Ladies Locker Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 28, 2016
Beautiful place to work that allows you to learn to play golf and interact with the members. You also have an opportunity to build personal relationships with members who are very successful. If you are a student in college, you can apply for a scholarship that the members created just for employees. Pay isn't great, but you have potential to make good tips. Great for college students.
Pros
scholarship, work atmosphere, golf trainng, meet new people
Cons
work on weekends, pay
Proffessional environment
Darque Tan (Tanning Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2016
It was my first job and i learned so much about everything in every department and walked out with skills to help me succeed in any job.
Great work environment, but no advancement opportunities.
Outside Services (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Great work environment, but no advancement opportunities. Would like to have stayed but wouldn't give equal pay because of raise policy.
Supportive and Loving environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 21, 2015
The general manager of the Royal Oaks Country Club is a sweet and generous manager who is dedicated to learning about all employees to best further them in their personal lives. She has been involved in employees starting college, graduating, getting married, starting families, losing loved ones, etc. I high recommend working at ROCC if you want to keep busy, have supportive co-workers, supportive management, and working for members who appreciate your work if you appreciate them.
Pros
pretty much everything
Cons
old members who can't ever be pleased.
Fantastic members
Rest Manager/ Assist F&B Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 2, 2015
This is a great place to work. Everyone treats you like family and works together. Very beautiful club with great co workers and the best members !!!
Pros
great members
Cons
new projects caused areas of club to be closed
Not a good place to work
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 8, 2015
I've been here for 2 years and I have yet to get a raise, unless your a golf pro or a manager , Royal Oaks does not care about you. We have some hard working employees here that go above and beyond yet our pay does not even come close to the amount of work we do. I feel your pay should match your work and Royal Oaks does not do that at all. The turn over rate is extremely high here, you see new employees just about every month. The only thing i can say good about royal oaks is that if your in college they do work around your school schedule.
Pros
Works with School Schedule
Cons
Pay sucks, Doesnt appreciate Employees
I like to Cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLAugust 8, 2015
I enjoy cooking. But after being hired, they closed down another restaurant on the course and I never became full time like promised. I was let go for calling out twice within a 3 week period, when another cook was constantly calling out and still kept her job.
No organization, only human machines
Server/Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2013
The work week is unstable, you have no idea what days you are working or what hours, you have no idea what your income will be any given week. The management has higher turn over than the staff. The staff have zero opportunities for raises or advancement. Only good as temporary employment during difficult financial times. The hardest part of the job is being patient with all the incompetence brought about by lack of communication among the bosses and managers and staff. Very hostile work environment. Very unfriendly work atmosphere. Overall, I made a few friends and realized that I am no longer suited for this industry.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
They deduct hours from your paycheck to compensate breaks.
Beautiful place to work
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2013
The country club environment was like family. Not only with staff, but with the members as well. I still keep in touch with a few members. Management changed often. Learned how to work with high end clients
Pros
Beautiful place
Quick Paced and Busy Center for Club Members
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 25, 2013
Royal Oaks is a family focused club with exciting events that are put on by the club for the club members and families. Events such as Winter Wonderland with a real Ice Skating rink have been done at the club to promote the family focused model. We have a mission of A+, so that every action, event, service, or hello has more thought and effort put in to each. We want all services and Events to go beyond the expectations of our members, their families and Guests.
Pros
Healthcare, Paid Time Off
Cons
Work/ Life Balance
great members and co-workers
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 5, 2013
A fun loving place where people are valued first and considered as extended part of the family. A great company to work for in a fast paced environment with a large corporate umbrella on top of it.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
A family friendly private country club with a very active golf and tennis programs.
Catering Director (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 2, 2013
As the catering director I worked a Tuesday thru Saturday work week hours all depending on evening events.
A typical day at work - very busy phone and email for event planning and taking care of member issues.
I learned to multi task, problem solve and work with many different personalities.
In my 30 years, I worked for three managers, one for 20 years and had a extremely good relationship with all of them. Worked closely with the Chef and banquet manager along with office staff and had a great relationship with them all. The hardest part of the job was for me was working holidays and weekends.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the friends I made, all the successful events with members having happy memories because of my work!
Pros
working at a first class country club and getting to know the members on a personal side
Cons
retirement plan, insurance, employee lunch
Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 13, 2012
Management was never on the same page...The schedule always changes without notice,just a bunch of mistakes in management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great place very organized and fun job and safe
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2012
I would go to work and my main goal was to keep the kids safe. I would get a fifteen min break every hour. I kept the pool areas and bathroom areas clean. I kept the pool clean and I made sure all the kids were safe. I loved how we got free meals and drinks. The hardest part of this job was staying alert because sometimes there aren't very many people there but you still have to ensure safety..even if it is for one kid. It was organized I just wish their had been more in service.
Pros
free lunches and dinners...friendly people..fun job:)
Cons
no cons