Royston LLC Employee Reviews

production
Line Assembly (Former Employee) –  Royston, GAFebruary 12, 2018
learned to installed motors and belts at a fast pace. learned to work on a assembly line in a fast pace environment. the thing i enjoyed about the job is the people that you work.
Pros
people
Cons
breaks
Good Company and Management
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jasper, GAJanuary 19, 2018
Enjoyed coming to work here every day. Management was good, hands-on, and personable. Enjoyed co-workers. Job seeking because I am relocating towards the Atlanta area
Good working environment
Laser Attendant/Quality Control Attendant (Former Employee) –  Royston, GAOctober 10, 2017
I enjoyed my time but really needed a dayshift job that was less physically demanding. If I had been working straight 40 hour week form Monday to Friday, I would still be there.
Pros
Compensate hard workers with raises
Cons
Sheet metal work is demanding
a great company to work for
fixture installer merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Elberton, GASeptember 18, 2017
a great company to work for.I worked for Royston llc for a while was offered a job with the company but was not ready to relocate at the time spent several moths on theroad working enjoyed it.
Cons
long ours on relocating to other jobs need more rest between stores
Welcome to the "Good ole boy" show.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Jasper, GA 30143September 5, 2017
This is meant to be short, sweet, and to the point.

This place will not treat you how you deserve to be treated based on your performance.

The health insurance is a slap in the face.

The lack of respect and blatant disregard for employees is unacceptable. You and your opinions/ideas don't matter.

You might advance in this company. It won't be because you do your job well. It's who you know.

The only thing I can say positive about Royston LLC. It pays decent... But only time will tell if it lasts, after removing quarterly raises.
Pros
Pay.
Cons
That sums it up. Cons.
customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jasper, GAAugust 19, 2017
company did offer frequent cross training called kizans to see other parts of the company to learn how it works. they did offer flex time which came in handy if ever running a few minutes late
Pros
flex time, decent pay, decent hours
Cons
not local to where i live
Best job
Punch Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Royston, GAJuly 19, 2017
I loved working Royston llc it was one of my favorite places to work at.I already knew people that worked up there so it was a great work environment.
The right idea with the wrong management
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 18, 2017
Great people and the company is outstanding as far as benefits. The problem is management is inexperienced creating chaos and confusion on a daily basis. Don't runaway but proceed with caution.
Pros
Excellent benefits and great staff at heart from top to bottom.
Cons
Chaotic and job security is a question because of the mayhem.
Nice people to work with. Team oriented.
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2017
Co-workers make the day fun and interesting. Management needs time to get things together. Too many Non-communication issues. Some people go out of the way pass off responsibility/blame.
Pros
Pays good, Co-workers, plenty O.T., & weekly pay
Cons
Short breaks, No grace period in the mornings, & People always watching you
Good place to work with good benefits
machine operator (Current Employee) –  jasper, gaJanuary 19, 2017
the company overall is a good place to work. There is always going to be employees that complain about it, but until you work somewhere else and see how bad it is at other places, Royston is a piece of cake (with a lot of good employees).
Pros
Affordable benefits, good pay for this area
Cons
VERY hot in the summer months
Horrible place to work
Shop Employee (Former Employee) –  Jasper, GAAugust 16, 2016
. These other reviews are right. The buddy system is the only way to advance. The leadership sucks. You will be told at last minute they need you to work over or stay late or work Saturday. There is little to no communication. Anything that possible that makes any since at all they want no part of. Leaders but mostly supervisors do as they please to who they please with no repercussions from HR. If you take a job here 9 times of out 10 you will be let go soon as work slows down. This is not a place I would get my worst enemy a job.
Pros
Not really any.
Cons
All of the above
Worst Company I've Ever Worked For
Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 21, 2016
*This is by far the WORST company I've ever worked for!
*You are just a number.
*The communication SUCKS!!
*Not much opportunity for advancement.
*HIGH turnover rate for employment - due to the way the employees are treated.
*They shut down creative leadership.
*Horrible at system development & Implementation.
*Buddy system is the only way to advance.
*They wait till the last minute to inform of work overtime or undertime.
*They constantly have redundant meetings.
*Management is VERY POOR!
*They suck at creating job passion.
*THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES!
*Do yourself a favor and even if this is the ONLY job available DON'T APPLY! - You WILL regret it!
Pros
Cons
TOO MANY TO MENTION HERE! (Read review)
If you want to be treated like you have no value this is the place for you
Final Assembly (Former Employee) –  Royston, GAJuly 9, 2016
Hot long days..no leadership...no advancement..hard work NOT rewarded. Your told by leaders you will be replaced by temp. They can't even get up from their desks and walk the floor to see who is working and who is not...THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU. It's the buddy system and those are the ones not working. If they drug tested the Plant it would shut down.
Pros
Some good people to work with. Lots of overtime when it's busy
Cons
No Leadership.No advancement. Frequent layoffs
aveage place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Royston, GAJune 28, 2016
work days long and hot . management makes it worse. line leaders have no backbone.co-workers are helpful and grate. good pay but u could work there 15 yrs and get laid off.
Pros
co workers, pay, locatetion.
Cons
line leaders suoperviser
Good pay for area, lots of disgruntled employees
Brake Operator, CNC Amada turret operator, Leader (Former Employee) –  Royston, GA.February 6, 2016
Good pay for this area. Great coworkers and shop level leaders. Opportunity to learn different sheet metal manufacturing skills and equipment operations. They make operators, not just pedal pushers.

Lots of mandatory overtime, including most Saturdays.
Lots of layoffs, due to micromanagement of weekly jobs. Employees not laid off have to work overtime to complete work orders on time. This uncertain scheduling along with no notice mandatory overtime creates a lot of tension.

Make no mistake, this is a micromanaged company. All good deeds are not rewarded and in the end you are another clock number
Pros
Good pay, good coworkers, opportunity to learn skills
Cons
Go from overtime to layoffs week to week. Micro managed
Perfect starter job
Final Assembly (Former Employee) –  Jasper, GANovember 18, 2015
This job was a great first job & for some a great career. For myself this was just a stepping stone to finding my forever career. I was constantly on my feet, which I did not mind. We would have some slow days and some days where we were slammed. I preferred staying busy. I learned about packing a crating large commercial items & also learned how to operate a fork lift. I never minded my job, but I always new it wasn't something I would be doing forever.
Prouctive facility.
Group leader/assembler (Current Employee) –  Jackson,TnOctober 18, 2015
Royston LLC is a company that allows me to work hands-on with materials and specific tools. I work alongside co-workers, that seem more like teammates, with the same goal in mind. We strive for top of the line production and product.
Cons
Expensive healthcare and benefits
Great place too work for
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jasper, GASeptember 22, 2015
Great place too work for wth great management an frendly employees an managers willng to help yo along the way. just an all arond great company.
Great people and job.
Manual Production Machinist (Former Employee) –  Jasper ,GAJuly 2, 2015
My days were filled with challenges as no 2 days were the same .Always different parts and problems to be accomplished.I also enjoyed helping others with their jobs.
only worked there temporary but okay.
Panel Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAJanuary 15, 2015
I worked in panel saw area for the little time there but enjoyed the work as well as my co-workers.My boss was okay too.I glued counter tops and drilled holes in them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Royston LLC. Our community is ready to answer.