Roze Room Hospice

Roze Room Hospice Employee Reviews in United States

I love what I do, but not the best place to work for.
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 12, 2015
I go into work and have the same routine which I do not hate. I start with revising some data entry with new patient admits, then submit notice of elections to Medicare. Work on AR reports and submit claims and appeals when needed. Lastly, on a monthly basis balance or reports and submit claims. I would say I have learned and still continue to learn a lot more than what I was taught in school all thanks to my manager. I can say that if my manager were to leave the work place I would have to leave as well; she keeps me sane. So far the only thing I find hard about my job is having to billing the patients families after they pass away when they are told before being admitted that our services were going to be paid at 100% by the insurance company. I feel that we as a company are lying to them and I do not like billing the family. The most enjoyable part is everything I do there as a biller.
Pros
best manager ever and lunch time, billing, breaks, expand my knowledge in medical billing
Cons
bad CFO, not being able to laugh nor talk, having to think and do other managers jobs
hard work without any appreciation
License Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, californiaMarch 14, 2015
typical day starts at 0800- diving from point A-B in Los Angeles traffic could take hours depending on the flow of traffic sometimes not even able to take a lunch break. Every nurse in this companay has to be on call 2-3 times per month. A typical on call day. you will be expected to work for 8 hours during the day , a typical on call start on call at 6pm and continues until 8 am, and trust me you work all night until your body is numb and is expected to work for 8 hours the next day, unless you take it upon yourself to call off. This is a very unfair and unsafe practice since this job entails a lot of driving. Family members could be very mean, and give wrong information to your boss , even if you to the company and inform them about a situation in a patient's home they call the job, they act like they are listening to your point, but they are not. They will hang their nurses out to dry, because for them it's only about financial gain.

I learned that you are never indispensable on a job. And having an accent and talking over a speaker phone to patient and co-worker even if you are speaking with your normal tone of voice will be misconstrued as raising your voice or having an attitude. I learn never to lay my guards down when it come to people.

Management do not care about workers and their safety, they really don't even care about the patient , they only care about their finance.

There are co-workers who will lie just to climb the ladder. Nothing is wrong with climbing the ladder, but it wrong to lie on others to find favor.

hardest part of my job is not knowing the people
  more... I was working with.

Honestly I was born to be a nurse, I love people and always will, I love taking care of people and give my 100% , I have always gotten great reviews in home health setting, but demographics has a lot to do with you are working home health.
Intense level of Micromanagement
Community Education Liaison (Former Employee) –  Ventura CANovember 19, 2014
The owner is a fabulous human being. Roze Room had a nice and kind beginning. I feel as it became to much of a business. Micro management overpowered and many folks left.
Very structured, room for advancement
Receptionist/ Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 6, 2014
I handled all calls coming in from all the offices the company had, ordered supplies, and marketing tools. Made all shipment, handled all creditcards and wand the administrative support for all branches.
Pros
raises, healthcare
Flexible schedule and great work environment with supportive staff
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Arcadia CaFebruary 5, 2014
Providing one on one personal care and support to the patient and their families.
Wonderful company to work for
CNA/HHA (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 30, 2012
As an extern, the traveling was never boring. I've learned not to rush the patient or resident and dignity is always key.
Management team is always there when you need them most.
You work as a team not as an individual when you walk into a home setting.
The hardest part of the job was leaving and making sure the patient or resident was comfortable.
The interesting people & their stories
Pros
working together as a team
Cons
short breaks
Terrible place to work
Sales / marketing (Former Employee) –  Sherman OaksSeptember 13, 2012
The single worst job experience of my life . Managers were bullies. Environment was unsafe. When I questioned these practices, I was fired. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Their turnover rate is ridiculously high. Apparently I was the fifth person hired, then fired, in a 6 month period.
Pros
none.
Cons
too many to list. uncaring people--ironic, considering this is hospice.
An Amazing Place to work
Registered Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAAugust 6, 2012
I worked here On Call for almost two years. The only reason I left was because I had got married and moved farther away. I would totally recommend this job to anyone who wants to work with an amazing group of people!
Pros
great management, fair
Cons
lots of driving
Great opportunity for new grad or nurse intrested in pallitive care concepts
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  wilshireJuly 6, 2012
Roze room Hospice was a great employer I gained good nursing information/experience as a case manager. The owners are a family, and it was a great opportunity to become a partner/employee The hospice team concept, and appliation in practice is rewardig. This nurse will always have a great respect for Hospice managed care.
Pros
great educational opportunity for education and application pain management principals
Cons
lots of traveling in the car if your not the road dog type it can be stressful
Excellent place to work with solid leadership beginning with the owner.
Home Health Aide/Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CaliforniaMay 18, 2012
Provided personal care to hospice patients through team effort of professional staff and patients family.
Pros
growth (personally and professional), great benefits, enjoyable staff
Cons
unfortunately, i had to leave due to moving out-of-state.