RPh on the Go Employee Reviews in United States

Most recent assignment at PillPack pharmacy has been a great experience working with talented people in a positive, collaborative environment.
TRAVEL PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILOctober 22, 2015
The majority of this assignment focused on "on boarding" new business, specifically, calling pharmacies around the country and transferring active prescriptions for our patients. Then these prescriptions are given to the appropriate pod, entered into system, verified by pharmacist, and sent to distribution to be filled and sent out.

I learned about the new technology to help patients. The overall work environment is collaborative and positive.

This is a new, growing company with endless potential and possibilities for the future.
Opportunity to practice pharmacy in a wide range of settings
Travel Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  North Chicago, ILAugust 25, 2015
Great opportunity to sample different areas of practice. Ranging from retail, hospital and government agencies. Company is very helpful in finding the right s
Pros
wide range of practice
Cons
contract work
Fun place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILApril 30, 2015
Outstanding and fun work place. Casual fridays. Opportunity to make excellent commission. Excellent mentors that are provided for you. Weekly meetings to keep everyone on track. You manage your own desk...no micro-managing here. Continual sales training. VP, GM, and Mentor have open door policy and they abide by it, 1 hr lunch, great sales incentives with weekly prizes, special incentives for top producers.
Pros
Great sales incentives, good group of coworkers
Cons
Located in Skokie in an older building, pay could be higher but it's commission based.
Great relief service
Relief Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  HOUSTON, TEXASAugust 18, 2015
Treat you individually not as a number

Concerned about work environment, accommodations

Great follow up

Loved my advisor
Pros
RELAXED ATMOSPHERE, NO PRESSURE
Cons
NONE TO SPEAK OF
Very helpful people and a pleasure to work for.
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Worked as a Per Diem Pharmacist as requestedJanuary 21, 2015
This is a very considerate company that would go out of their way to make schedules that were to the benefit of both employer and employee.Always cheerful making it a pleasure to work for them.My feeling about them is that they deserve very positive praise.
Pros
always advocated for gasoline money on any trip that was over 30 miles.
Cons
no real cons.my con goes with the business.sometimes notice for an opening was shop noticed.
staff is professional and friendly
Relief Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, AlabamaJune 9, 2015
A typical day at work consists of dispensing mediation to patients. The staff is professional and friendly. Knowing that I am helping others gives me great joy.
Enjoyable,professional work environment
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCSeptember 26, 2014
Interpret and enter in computer system the physician orders that come in electronically through the CPOE (computerized physician order entry) system, accurately pull and check orders printed out and then "tube"/send orders to floors. Communicate with phsicians and nursing all day long regarding drug orders and other medication related issues such as dosing,interactions,etc. Manage pharmacy techs and check orders filled for patient carts (item by item) by a required deadline each day.
Pros
ability to briefly step out of central pharmacy when needed
Cons
healthcare benefits not too great
A good opportunity to try different types of pharmacies and travel to new places.
Staff Pharmacist or PIC (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 12, 2014
I have enjoyed the opportunity to travel to many locations. The hardest part of the job is adjusting to new job environments and co-workers. I have learned to adapt to many different types of pharmacies with varying pharmacist positions and needs.
Pros
opportunity to develop versatility, experience different areas of the pharmacist profession.
Cons
wages and hours fluctuate, not comparable to permanent full time pharmacist positions, can have down time.
N/a
pharmacist (Former Employee) –  atlantaMarch 1, 2015
Ok company for p
artime work to make some extra cash on off days. Worked partime for 2 months as a independent pharmacist, sometimes shifts were not available when needed, and shifts can be canceled depending on availibilty
Comfortable work enviironment
EXECUTIVE PHARMACIST ON CALL (Current Employee) –  ILDecember 25, 2013
Typical days fairly busy filling 300 or more prescriptions per day. The staff was friendly and efficient. One of the most interesting thing I learned was addressing customers from different backgrounds. Over the years working at the store, I became serving customers and addressing their most pressing concerns. The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers with such a varied background. However, this later became one of my strengths as time wore on. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a customer leave with a smile on their face.
Professionally speaking, I didn't feel safe working for this company. While working in the lower-volume pharmacies, I wasn't given any ancillary help.
Temporary pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Skokie, IlFebruary 22, 2012
I would not recommend this company to any pharmacist. I believe that your license is extremely jeopardized by the fact that ancillary help is thin to non-existant. All you need is a phone ringing, someone at the out-window, and another patient waiting to get a flu shot, and you've got major stress.
Pros
good pay, great benefit package, the district scheduler is awesome!
I am sent to cover for vacations, sick days, interim positions at retail/hospital/longterm facilities, Indian Health System.
Pharmacist (relief) (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIDecember 20, 2012
Great company to work with. I have been with this company for over 10 years and absolutely enjoy working with this company. Management is very helpful and supportive.
Pros
good pay, breaks, choice of work location, lodging, and occas. re-imbursement for mileage
Cons
work not always avail for a particular indiv's needs.
Excellent Temporary Pharmacist placement company
Temporary Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 1, 2014
Since signing-on with this company I have been given assignments at companies that would not have ever been possible. They have a large number of clients who need temporary pharmacist positions fulfilled. As a result it has been possible to get work in a difficult economy.
Very supportive manager in tight job market/area
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJanuary 4, 2014
Assignments good when available. Staffing depends on the employer, so it's not an issue with RPhOTG, but their client employers. If they had adequate staff, they wouldn't need agency staff supplementation. Compensation level over the past 2 years, but OK for the area. Manager very supportive and helpful, both in finding and assessing possible placements before proceeding.

Client employers & staff appreciate your being there, as it's most often to fill a staffing gap. Their jobs would be much harder without you. If they are very stressed, you may be subject to similar conditions, but need to remember you are the solution to their problem.

Nice to have an agency that offers benefits to its employees.
Pros
benefits, clients appreciate your services
Cons
sometimes limited availability of assignments in a given area, other possibilities distant and impractical.
Great place to employed by!
pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 7, 2012
Recruiter is excellent! When positions availible I am notified within a good time frame. Working conditions at places I am sent are accetable. For an employer who finds jobs for those who want to work on a temporary situition, I do not think I could find a better place to work.
Good company
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJune 14, 2012
I have been very satisfied so far with this company's organization. The company personnel are very responsive to all emails and phone calls. They are very communicative.
Pros
good experience in different environments
Cons
hours not guaranteed
Fun, Positive Work Environment with Team Spirit
High Energy
Supportive Staff
Good for placement
Temporary for Hire Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 22, 2013
Able to show a variety of employers in a three month period. A lot of travel but worth it if you are looking for a new employer.
Pros
a lot of employer relationships
Cons
tavel can be extensive
Great Company for PRN Pharmacists
Clinical Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAJuly 1, 2014
I love working for this company! They have the initial contacts with client sites and do all the paperwork and tax business. Great company to work for!
Great Place
Long-term Care Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 11, 2013
Great Place to work. Want more hours. Great place to experience different types of pharmacy.
Pros
work when you want
Cons
not enough days