RPI Employee Reviews

great place to get an engineering degree.
Undergraduate Research Program (URP) (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYJanuary 26, 2017
great school to work and study at. good work and social life balance. incredible career opportunities. ability to meet people from various walks of life, interested in the same things.
I like to work there
Melted and shipping (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 30, 2016
That's my favorite job I will back to work with RPI I worked with Amazon us the same day delivery driver For 2 Mont.i have my friend work with FedEx he told me very good job and they good
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
Good breaks time
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WASeptember 15, 2016
A very nice company to work for. All about the progress you make as a team each day. The leads are well trained and everybody there can help you. A friendly but hard working atmosphere.
lreaned more stuff at that job
Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Medford, NJAugust 17, 2016
it is good for beginners .i first got out of school and it seemed to be a good place.the pay was low the hours where long.but you do what you have to to rise your family .
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
fun workplace.
Solicitor (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 12, 2016
managers don't care about you, easy work, schedule works with you, no benefits, not enough pay, they hire anyone and everyone they don't give you a reason to work there,
Fast paced and exciting
Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 2, 2016
RPI is a fast paced company producing personalized print products for the world. It was a very good learning experience in manufacturing.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Stressful
Engaging work
Computer Science 1 Undergraduate Mentor (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 26, 2016
I evaluated students in Computer Science 1 using assignments and provided guidance with programming if needed, during labs and office hours..
Using pre-recorded messages to call people and ask for donations
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMarch 24, 2016
Using three computers
Learned how to multi-task
Co-workers were friendly
Sitting for long period of time
It was really relaxing
Pretty good place to work because it was clean and it had a laid back atmosphere.
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 26, 2016
I worked in the shipping dept. of RPI which is a printing company! A typical day for me would consist of scanning books, packaging books and placing them in the correct area to be shipped to the customer. I did learn how to be more organized and focused because you want the order to correct and be shipped to the right person. I thought it was management was pretty good and my co-workers were all friendly and we got along well! the hardest part of the job was working the mandatory overtime during peak season. The most enjoyable part was the times we all enjoyed food together. This company always fed us and kept us motivated to get the job done!
Pros
company dinners and working with friendly people
Cons
working a lot of overtime
Great environment as a first year out of school. Great staff and facilities.
Assistant Athletic Training Intern (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYDecember 24, 2015
Day to day work of an Athletic Trainer changes. My schedule depended a lot on when practices were, if we traveled or not and my training room hours. I learned a lot about myself and my skill set and was further able to improve my abilities.

All my co-workers/supervisors are outstanding. Each one contributes to my mentoring in a different way and is helpful to my growth. The environment they have set up is friendly and relaxed yet serious.

The hardest part is the hours on end you may have to work but, its worth it in the end. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my athletes succeed and learn.
Pros
Hours, facilities, staff
Cons
Hours
Telemarketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Athens, OhioJuly 1, 2015
it was a fun place to work but the pay wasnt accurate which caused me to have to leave due to lack of their word on commitmentship and they weren't willing to fix at that! the people there were wonderful but and you remained constantly busy! I truly did love my job there but other than the pay it wasn't a bad place to be.
Pros
stayed busy and was getting great hours
Cons
pay wasn't accurate
Working in the Bookstore
Departmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 11, 2015
It's a quiet place to work when there are no sales. Everyone is friendly, and my tasks during my shifts are to assist customers either at the Book Department or Supplies Department. I've learned crucial customer service skills, as well as inventory management skills.
Productive and fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Factory work, so I was on a line from the moment I got to my station, till I left.

Busy work with plenty of opportunities to grow with the company. I moved up fast from working covers to working multiple machines in a very short time.

There was a wide variety of people working there but I got along with everyone

Management was understanding and a pleasure to work with

Hardest part of the job was when we had to pull 12 hours shifts 3 days a week for a month

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn new skills and moving up in the company
Pros
weekends off and good pay
Cons
na
Rewarding Job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INFebruary 1, 2015
 Under the direction of the Owner I oversaw all construction projects in a 150 unit mobile home park, 80 plus rental properties, 20 or more remodels for resale per year, and several commercial properties. I oversaw construction of a 50’X75’ warehouse for the purpose of housing building materials and construction equipment.
 As a cost cutting strategy I streamlined our construction process by standardizing the materials that we used from the paint, trim, and carpet colors to the plumbing fixtures, doors and windows. By consolidating all the materials to one location I was able to control cost, waste, and inventory.
 Upon passing the Lake County General Contactors Exam I worked with the different agencies to secure all the necessary permits, variances, and zoning reclassifications needed to complete various projects. I researched, prepared and presented my finding to the Gary City Council and the Lake County Planning Board for projects needing special permission by these agencies.
 Using my logistical and coordinating skills I scheduled all sub-contractors, to include electrical, plumbing, roofing etc. to ensure that all our projects were completed in a timely manner and within the pre-forecasted budget.
Pros
Gained great experience
Cons
Real Estate crash
great people to work with
welder (Former Employee) –  Holmesville, OHNovember 14, 2014
liked the job. i left because i relocated to southwest ohio.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
lay off in winter if you dont have kids. low hourly pay but can makeup for in incentives
great boss and manager
Mail Clerk/Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 29, 2014
my typical day includes scanning in packages after the post office brings them in, load my van, help sort threw mail by putting it in the proper shelving, bagging out (putting mail into buckets my (buildings), leaving by 930 to start delivering the mail. i get half an hr for lunch then i start my afternoon run which includes loading the van for my afternoon buildings. when my buildings are done i get mail and do some of the college dorms that are assigned to my run.
Pros
good hours
Collaborative work enviornment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Professors and graduate students across campus are very willing to provide assistance and form collaborations. Great place for networking with people that have diverse skill sets and expertise.
good place
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 10, 2014
This was my first factory job right out of high school. The working environment was ok.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Eventually my mom became my supervisior
Making book covers,holiday cards etc
Productions (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 25, 2014
This company is a really fun place to work at I enjoy everything there.
great place to work fast paced job
Shipment crew (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 7, 2014
great place to work management was very helpful ad friendly
any question you have they will answer it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RPI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8