RPI Employee Reviews in United States

Great environment as a first year out of school. Great staff and facilities.
Assistant Athletic Training Intern (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYDecember 24, 2015
Day to day work of an Athletic Trainer changes. My schedule depended a lot on when practices were, if we traveled or not and my training room hours. I learned a lot about myself and my skill set and was further able to improve my abilities.

All my co-workers/supervisors are outstanding. Each one contributes to my mentoring in a different way and is helpful to my growth. The environment they have set up is friendly and relaxed yet serious.

The hardest part is the hours on end you may have to work but, its worth it in the end. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing my athletes succeed and learn.
Pros
Hours, facilities, staff
Cons
Hours
Using pre-recorded messages to call people and ask for donations
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Eatontown, NJMarch 24, 2016
Using three computers
Learned how to multi-task
Co-workers were friendly
Sitting for long period of time
It was really relaxing
Engaging work
Computer Science 1 Undergraduate Mentor (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 26, 2016
I evaluated students in Computer Science 1 using assignments and provided guidance with programming if needed, during labs and office hours..
Nice
Telemarketer/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHNovember 28, 2015
this site is good. has a lot to offer people and is doing a good job at it i want to think indeed for all they do.. keep up the good work
Telemarketing Agent (Former Employee) –  Athens, OhioJuly 1, 2015
it was a fun place to work but the pay wasnt accurate which caused me to have to leave due to lack of their word on commitmentship and they weren't willing to fix at that! the people there were wonderful but and you remained constantly busy! I truly did love my job there but other than the pay it wasn't a bad place to be.
Pros
stayed busy and was getting great hours
Cons
pay wasn't accurate
great place to work
enviromental specialist/cleaner (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYSeptember 4, 2013
Fast paced environment, needed to meet deadlines daily, had to be very detailed. People were very nice. Company very strict with policies.
Pros
paid meetings and training. plenty of overtime
Cons
benefits were expensive
Productive and fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAFebruary 11, 2015
Factory work, so I was on a line from the moment I got to my station, till I left.

Busy work with plenty of opportunities to grow with the company. I moved up fast from working covers to working multiple machines in a very short time.

There was a wide variety of people working there but I got along with everyone

Management was understanding and a pleasure to work with

Hardest part of the job was when we had to pull 12 hours shifts 3 days a week for a month

Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to learn new skills and moving up in the company
Pros
weekends off and good pay
Cons
na
Working in the Bookstore
Departmental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYMay 11, 2015
It's a quiet place to work when there are no sales. Everyone is friendly, and my tasks during my shifts are to assist customers either at the Book Department or Supplies Department. I've learned crucial customer service skills, as well as inventory management skills.
See below
Head Of Inside Sales/Call Center Manager (Current Employee) –  GloballyJuly 17, 2013
Head Of Inside Sales/Call Center Manager -IT, Telecom & Business Outsourced Solutions, Pre/Post Sales, UC, Cloud, Software, Infrastructure, Wireless, Endpoints, VoIP, Online Media & Internet, Sales & Marketing campaigns globally.

 Managing multiple teams of multilingual sales, renewals, inside sales, lead gen, telesales, telemarketing, act man, apt setting & bus dev across multiple channels, outsourcing & marketing into SME, SMB, Ent, SI & Gov.
 Managing telemarketing, lead gen campaigns, account profiling, f2f client relationships & budget responsibility.
 Set-up, produce & deliver pipeline, data, forecasting, kpi's, sla's, recruitment, training, coaching & sales strategy.
 Increased company margins and reduced staff turnover by the installing the right processes, values and culture.
 Managing recruitment, performance, growing team, training, coaching, development, 121's & progression plans.
Rewarding Job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Schererville, INFebruary 1, 2015
 Under the direction of the Owner I oversaw all construction projects in a 150 unit mobile home park, 80 plus rental properties, 20 or more remodels for resale per year, and several commercial properties. I oversaw construction of a 50’X75’ warehouse for the purpose of housing building materials and construction equipment.
 As a cost cutting strategy I streamlined our construction process by standardizing the materials that we used from the paint, trim, and carpet colors to the plumbing fixtures, doors and windows. By consolidating all the materials to one location I was able to control cost, waste, and inventory.
 Upon passing the Lake County General Contactors Exam I worked with the different agencies to secure all the necessary permits, variances, and zoning reclassifications needed to complete various projects. I researched, prepared and presented my finding to the Gary City Council and the Lake County Planning Board for projects needing special permission by these agencies.
 Using my logistical and coordinating skills I scheduled all sub-contractors, to include electrical, plumbing, roofing etc. to ensure that all our projects were completed in a timely manner and within the pre-forecasted budget.
Pros
gained great experience
Cons
real estate crash
great boss and manager
Mail Clerk/Mail Handler (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYOctober 29, 2014
my typical day includes scanning in packages after the post office brings them in, load my van, help sort threw mail by putting it in the proper shelving, bagging out (putting mail into buckets my (buildings), leaving by 930 to start delivering the mail. i get half an hr for lunch then i start my afternoon run which includes loading the van for my afternoon buildings. when my buildings are done i get mail and do some of the college dorms that are assigned to my run.
Pros
good hours
It was a exciting job with a lot to learn.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAFebruary 11, 2013
I was in-charge of maintaining current customers and create new accounts by way of network marketing.i learned how to deal with all the different parts of the business,owners where great.And co workers where a pleasure to work with.the hardest part about the job was all the driving around I had a large territory .The best part was all the great people I got to meet on a daily basis.
Pros
car allowance
Cons
the base pay drop and car allowance drop to
very fast paced and fun
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJanuary 7, 2013
I loved this job and it will help with my cashier techniques. the hardest part was the first night. Loved the management who were thoughtful, and were willing to help teach new things.
would gladly do this job again.
Pros
free coffee and bonus lunches
Cons
there are none
great people to work with
welder (Former Employee) –  Holmesville, OHNovember 14, 2014
liked the job. i left because i relocated to southwest ohio.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
lay off in winter if you dont have kids. low hourly pay but can makeup for in incentives
Reputable Company that encouraged a new way of thinking.
Graphic Designer / Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 1, 2013
• Designed packaging, CDU’s & end caps to be sold to retail chains
• Staged photo shoots for packaging, CDU’s, end caps, vendor catalog & website
• Streamlined the photo editing & cataloging process for new merchandise
• Managed prepess operations & communicated with foreign printing facilities
great place to work fast paced job
Shipment crew (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAApril 7, 2014
great place to work management was very helpful ad friendly
any question you have they will answer it
Collaborative work enviornment
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYSeptember 15, 2014
Professors and graduate students across campus are very willing to provide assistance and form collaborations. Great place for networking with people that have diverse skill sets and expertise.
good place
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Danville, VASeptember 10, 2014
This was my first factory job right out of high school. The working environment was ok.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
eventually my mom became my supervisior
Good place to study and research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Troy, NYAugust 27, 2013
RPI is a very good private college. I am working here as a physics PhD. The equipments here are advanced and the teachers here care about students.
Making book covers,holiday cards etc
Productions (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WAJune 25, 2014
This company is a really fun place to work at I enjoy everything there.