RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley Employer Reviews

productive workplace
Light Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Aurora, ILAugust 15, 2014
I learned a lot working for this company. I learned a useful skill to operate machines.
Good
Account Manager (Current Employee), Knoxville, TennesseeAugust 11, 2014
Good work environment. A professional organization that is focused on customer satisfaction and fosters a positive work place.
Good Company, Friendly and Professional Management
Print Specialist/Project Manager (Current Employee), Saint Charles, ILAugust 9, 2014
Respected Global Company in the Print Industry.

Professional, highly ethical management.
Enjoy the people, but not enough work-life ratio
Roll Tender (Current Employee), Mattoon, ILAugust 6, 2014
Pros: the people, and advancement opportunities
Cons: overtime chaos, short handed people
RR Donnelley is a fun place to work, but with being short staff and having to constantly work 12 hour days and every weekend makes some wear and tear fast. I love what I do, but it can easily be stressful at times. A typical day I hang paper in the reels and make tabs to shoot pasters through our units. Each roll weighs on average 3500 pounds. I wash – more... blankets, get the cut off on our magazines correct, fix anything that breaks down, and handle a lot of tools, machinery, and chemicals. My co-workers are great! They really do a lot for our "team." The hardest part of my job would have to be when I get a lot of damaged rolls of paper that I have to strip, or when something breaks that involves a lot of time, patience, and hard physical labor. What I love most about my job is the respect I get from the individuals I work with. It really is a fun place, just gets really hectic when you work nothing but 12 hour days and every weekend. – less
No training when put into position and asked to do the work of three employees for less then average salary
HR Manager (Former Employee), Willard, OhioAugust 3, 2014
Pros: most people are good to work with
Cons: not enough managers/supervisors. work many hours
People are great but the company benefits and salary are jot adequate for the position. Your asked to work many hours.
One of the better places to work in the area
Bindery Operator (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: nice people, good pay, opportunity for advancement, safety oriented
Cons: limited management skills, employees say and do what they want, not promised work tomorrow, dying industry
Not a hard job by any means besides the rotating shift which isn't terrible. It pays better than most of the jobs in the area. The employees tend to do what they want with little to no repercussions. Very limited workload during the summer months. Some positions in management could definitely go with some training or replacement.
Decent experience at RR Donnelley
Product Support Specialist/Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: start off at a decent salary.
Cons: shift work as opposed to a typical 9-5 day.
Pretty decent Workplace, with team members who come together to get complete tasks for the day. Since I work in the technology business, I'm constantly learning new things everyday.

The hardest part of the job is different work techniques by each team member and ideas my clash.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to think on your own – more... without micro-managing. – less
Company acquired
Healthcare Account Executive (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 15, 2014
My review is completely outdated for this long since acquired company.
A good experience
Material Handler (Former Employee), Antioch, TNJuly 15, 2014
I loved the people that worked there. They made the experience of working here a good one.
Purchase of Consolidated Graphics, Inc. appeared to be a smooth transition.
STRATEGIC SALES SUPPORT (Former Employee), Duarte, CAJuly 12, 2014
RR Donnelley is a hugh network of printing facilities requiring print production that involves multiple facilities.
Great place to work with advancement opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Senatobia, MSJuly 9, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities and training
Cons: technology has reduced the need for printed materials.
Process customer orders and create layout for manufacturing to produce product on a timeline schedule.

I learned how to manage time from management.

Work well with a team effort.

Hardest part of job was having to tell customers that were were behind on ship dates.

Most enjoyable was seeing finished product and knowing that you were a part of creating – more... that finished product. – less
good pay
Roll Tender (Current Employee), Strasburg, VAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: pay, opportunity for advancment
Cons: healthcare, managment, hours
a day starts at 7am and ends at 7pm the runs are short but to be expected in the short run platform. The condtions in the plant are hot if you are not up for the heat this is not the job for you. After 7 years of employment i have seen a steady decline in the engagement with managment. it used to be a careing family of people working together for the – more... common good. Now its a corporate run facility with corporate constructs the careing is gone. The pay has always been the one good point giving people something to hold onto, with advancment opportunity being good the best part og the job has always been the people you work with. – less
I enjoyed working here and learning the printing business
Press Operator (Former Employee), Lewisburg, PAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: experience learned..rewarded for safety achievments
Cons: sometimes didnt get a break cause i wanted to finish or work on a job
Start of my day would depend on what was going on. If the press was running had to make sure I knew what was needed to complete
the job. If a new job was to be started had to look at docket and make sure everything was available to ensure the job could be run and to completion. I would look around my work area to make sure there were no hidden supprises – more... and make sure the press was running properly. Would get there early to make sure I was abreast of what was going on.
I learned alot about the printing business.
Mangagement was fair and helped me alot with learning the job and making sure I had what was needed to run a job properly.
Co-workers overall were good to work with and especially those who had years of experience were more then willing to assist me.
Hardest part was doing a certain job for the first time when it involved things ive never experienced before.
The most enjoyable part was the challenge of learning and the satisfaction of seeing a job become complete. – less
Productive and Decent working environment
Machine Sweeper (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJune 28, 2014
Cons: short breaks and low salary rate
A typical day at RR Donnelley was working in a fast pace environment on a daily basis with short breaks in between. I learned how to properly machine sweep and sort through the mail and match them up in the correct order. I didn't really like how the managers ran things at the Aurora, IL location because they were unorganized and rarely answered the – more... phone during the day when ever i had questions or concerns. My coworkers were a big help and they were always willing to lend a helping hand when completing task i've never done before. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the fast pace and working under supervision because i am more of a independent worker and i like to work at my own pace. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on different projects every now and then when we would switch it up when things got too reptitive. – less
Typical Warehouse
Hoist Operator, Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee), Oakdale, MNJune 26, 2014
Nice company. Unload trucks. Check for accuracy. Receive it all in the computer systems and put away for warehousing. Must ship product out in a timely manner. Also need to do some material handling for Presses and keep track of inventory and move product physically and electronically. Lots of multitasking. Too many bosses and not enough workers.
Great Organization
Network Security Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
Overall great place to work!! Upper management wants to see their employees do well.
Overall it was a good place to work
Lead Supervisor, Material Handler (Former Employee), Eldridge, IowaJune 20, 2014
The company before all the other companies that took over this place was a family company called Bawden Printing. This business had expanded to grow with the needs of the new customers coming to use what we had to offer.
The job has its ups and downs
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee), Glen Mills, PAJune 19, 2014
Pros: managers are flexible with your schedule.
Cons: office location is not ideal.
Each day you come in and find out if any projects need to be worked on. You enlist more projects as you complete or have any on hold. From time to time there will be UAT testing and is mostly a group effort.
Ok place to work
Bindery Operator (Current Employee), Metter, GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: well paying job
Cons: short breaks
This was and ok place to work. You clock in setup you machine to run the job at hand and then you go from there. We worked in 8 hour shifts.
-awsome opportunity to learn new things
"Sorter/machine operator" (Former Employee), Thurmont, MDJune 3, 2014
Pros: able to move up quickly in the company
Cons: couple lazy people that got away with doing whatever they wanted
-my night at work was fast pace
-always something to do
-always over-time available

1 2 3 4 5

About RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley is a global provider of integrated communications. The company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers – Read more