RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Found 1,329 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun workplace fitting all lifestyles.
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Plover, WIApril 23, 2017
RR Donnelley is an excellent place to work with room for advancement. The supervisors are friendly and informative. The overall atmosphere of the work place is enjoyable. This job can be beneficial to people from all walks of life.
Pros
full-time, year round employment. room for advancement
Cons
short breaks
Stressful
Inserter Operator (Former Employee) –  Thurmont, MDApril 22, 2017
A typical day is running around with your head chopped off. Sometimes you got work that goes out the same day so you have to rush to get it out. I really dont learn anything but sometimes communcations if that place has it. The management sucks because most of them are their for a paycheck nothing else. Some of the management has favorites in that place. A lot of staff gets away with a lot of stuff. some employers gets fired for unnessary reasons or for no reason at all. i have more to say but right now is good enough.
Pros
getting hired on is good money
Cons
healthcare, management, employess, etc...
Management lacked basic knowledge and skills about leadership, employee engagement and communication.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 18, 2017
Great salary benefits, however immediate manager (senior executive) was uneducated about basic management and leadership techniques. Company offered no meaningful opportunity for professional development.
Dying industry
Print Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILApril 18, 2017
RR Donnelley is being broken into three separate companies. These companies will have to compete with smaller more nimble competitors for a diminishing market. Not a great time to get into printing.
No summary
Lead (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILApril 17, 2017
I started out a scanner worked my way up to a lead i had the pleasure if working with 15 employees i was one the best at what i did i recieved rewards and bonus checks.
Ok
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIApril 13, 2017
Couldnt complain shift were different some 12 hour shifts some 8 hour shift everything was really up to your seniority. No paid lunch and the management on night shift was horrible and didnt know to value their workers.
Easy place to work in, easy jobs.
Technical assistant (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 12, 2017
Overall the pay was good and is what really kept me there. Through the years benefits cost got higher. Management was very poor there. But very easy place to work for.
Pros
Overtime was available always. Easy going job.
Cons
Not being able to leave facility for break. Poor managment, would get forced a lot due to lack of employees. Wouldnt give vacation when over staffed, They didn't keep up well with everyones absences and favouritism went around a lot.
After leaving
Bindery Helper (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, VAApril 11, 2017
After leaving and working some place else i feel that they treat their employees fairly. it is hard work but you well compensated.I would go back there in a flash.
Manager is not concern about employees working condition, Equipment for operator is not appropriated as OSHA requires
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Strasburg, VAApril 9, 2017
Employees expressed the safety concern during operating equipment to manager but company normally disregarded their opinion. I felt sorry for all employees who ever worked in production line under heat temperature at 110 F
Pros
Watch out for your safety
Cons
Working condition need to improve
Has its pros and cons
Digital Print Operator (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAApril 6, 2017
Good place to work overall but management could care less about their employees and I didnt feel as appreciated as I shouldve been. Very strict policies that I do not agree with but hey rules are rules I guess
Very calm and friendly company
Forklift Driver/Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXApril 5, 2017
Very calm & friendly co-workers, always open up for new opportunities, work involves working with paper, moving boxes with all types of documents with forklift
Good company could pay more
Materal Handler (Current Employee) –  Donnelley Drive Glasgow KyApril 4, 2017
Just want to make better mone like d my fellow employees not hard work plenty of break time.Had good supervisor everyone work together as team .safety was the main prioraty
Pros
Lots of breaks
Cons
Pay not well
Good solid employer
Production Supervisor / HR Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 4, 2017
RR Donnelley is a good employer. They have provided me with opportunities that have enhanced my skills. I truly appreciate these opportunities and enjoy being a mentor to employees.
Overworked
BINDERY OPERATOR TRAINEE (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 4, 2017
If you are interested in money, but not free time, this place is perfect. The pay is decent and the opportunity for overtime is impressive, but it is difficult to have a separate life away from the company.
Fun place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIApril 4, 2017
Great place to work. Management is ok, Co-workers were supportive and friendly, Pay could be better but not too bad. Had a great time in my twelve years working there.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Pay raises could be better
RR Donnely
Apprentice Printer (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 3, 2017
I was an apprentice printer.

I was off work for shoulder surgery and they expected me to come back and be as productive as I was before I had surgery.

It was a non union shop and it just didn't work out so left
Very loyal to shareholders
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 3, 2017
This is the cheapest company I've ever worked for. They have almost NO benefits. They couldn't even provide a Christmas lunch, it was a potluck. They made a 16 year employee quit, rather than let her go and give her severance pay.

Management takes no responsibility for failures. They find ways to blame employees.

Even though a women is officially at the top of the Atlanta office, she's not around much, and it is a boys club culture. If you're a young, cute girl you have a chance.
Pros
I got a paycheck every two weeks.
Cons
Listed above.
Stressful
Folder Operator (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDApril 2, 2017
Machinery falling apart, no maintenance to keep machines running correctly.........All they want is production, even with the machinery falling apart............ Nobody in supervisory positions listening
Pros
Cons
They want you to work your butt off
decent work with decent people
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 31, 2017
packaging books, gathering books, and stacking boxes is what my day consisted of. Wasn't too much to learn. Management was very nice. Good workplace culture. Hardest part of the job was that it was boring. Most enjoyable was that the people were good people.
Dinosaur
Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 30, 2017
Stuck in the past. Little opportunity for growth. Nice people.

The marketplace is changing but RRD either refuses to follow or can't make the change fast enough.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval