RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Don't Waste Your ime
Financial Services Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2018
Basically it's a State-Side Sweatshop that pays low salaries. Even worse it's a call center environment. You are micro managed and don't think about being 5 mins late even if you got stuck in traffic.
Very dynamic place of employment
anonymous (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 16, 2018
Changing atmosphere with uncertain company direction. Outdated computer systems that are constantly being serviced. Overall employee morale unstable within whole company.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
No paid benefits or annual raises
hard but worth it
Prepress Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 16, 2018
RR Donnelley is one of the largest printers. The corporate offices make most of the decisions. Unfortunately that means that some of them are not in line with the local folks. The pace is fast and the work is interesting, however , sometimes the deadline were unrealistic and difficult to meet. I enjoyed my time there and would go back if asked to.
Pros
busy good pay
Cons
difficult deadlines and corporate medaling
This was the most fun job I have ever had.
FREIGHT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Danville, ILFebruary 16, 2018
I would have worked here forever, I got to talk to people from all over the United States. I loved the challenge and the satisfaction of completing my daily assignments, I even enjoyed when a "hot" load was dumped in my lap and needed covered right away. I liked how all of the coordinators worked as a team and when we succeeded it was as a team. I really miss those days.
Pros
Cons
They relocated
Rr donnelley
Shipping Clerk III (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 16, 2018
RR Donnelley is a great place to work and I have worked this company before. The people here are great as long as you do your job and come to work on time
Not good
Print Operator (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, MAFebruary 15, 2018
this company is the worse to work. if you are Vietnamese your good. the building is the oldest in Hyde park. very little heat and air condition. if there is no work in your area they dont want you working in any other area you have to leave.
Pros
Nice area
Cons
No Sick time
Good Place to Work
Business Intelligence Intern (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILFebruary 14, 2018
Nice environment and good experience.
Team is helpful , Tech stack is great.
Work from is available, and Traveled a few time for work.
good salary .
Localization Project Manager
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2018
Great team and management staff to work with. They invested in their workforce with new software, team events, and incentives. They always helped plan for the future
RRD is an average company to work for
Product Owner / Customer Liaison (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 13, 2018
RRD is an average company to work for, I worked 60+ hours per week. The base pay was not good. However we are paid overtime. we were under paid and over worked with no appreciation..
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Quick-paced environment
Inserter Operator (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTFebruary 12, 2018
Jobs were placed on senior operators and junior operators did not carry the same amount of responsibility. Healthcare was very expensive and not very good.

Want to know more about RR Donnelley?

Ask a question
good environment with fun people to work with
Pressroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 12, 2018
Unfortunately the plant has recently closed. I learned a considerable amount about printing. The digital printing was a fun and exciting part of the platemaking process. I was disappointed to learn that the plant was having financial trouble that eventually resulted in a plant closure.
Pros
Many employee activities
Cons
Salary could have been better.
Productive and fun place with a pleasant work environment
Planification Analyst - Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  VenezuelaFebruary 12, 2018
A typical day at work is productive.
I learned the importance of teamwork and the production process. The leadership always present as a guide to meet the goals. Workplace culture oriented to customer for their benefits. The hardest part of the job is leaving. The most pleasant part of the job is the satisfaction of having met my goals, with the company and with customers.
Pros
Free Lunch
Printing is a tough industry to be in
Manufacturing Supervisor, Bindery (Former Employee) –  Long Prairie, MNFebruary 11, 2018
As a manufacturing supervisor I would deal with many people on all shifts which I found enjoyable but because of the short staff, it made for some very long hours.
Pros
Working with great people
Cons
Long hours due to short staff
Great place to work.
Material Handler - Press (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 10, 2018
On thirds I work as a team of four with three exceptionally knowledgeable pressman. My supervisor can fix anything and is a great teacher. It's a demanding job but just physical enough to keep me in shape and mentally challenging enough to prevent boredom.
Pros
Free gourmet coffee. Free popcorn on Friday's.
Cons
Loud. Messy.
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 10, 2018
Great work environment love the staff when it comes to over time they give out plenty the lunch break are short but hey for the most part I love working for R.R Donnelly
Ok place
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 6, 2018
Good place to work. Very flexible. Provides training tools to employees and employee development. Good managers. The benefits are not great. No 401k employer match.
good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 6, 2018
I worked at RR Donnely when I was a young man . I worked night shifts and that wasn't easy for me.it was a very interesting job and I wish I had stayed with the company longer to make a career there.
Pros
job security
Cons
shifts
Low pay for hourly workers meant insane demands on managers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Georgia, USAFebruary 5, 2018
Always short handed, hourly workers didn't care that much because they weren't paid very well. This put a lot of unnecessary stress on management. High stress, low morale. Too bad because there was a lot of work and it could have been a great place to work. Enjoyed many of my co-workers and appreciated steady employment but "steady employment" for me meant 3 months straight without a day off.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Burnout
Not applicable
Senior Financial Reporting Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2018
Not applicable as I have no comment good or bad concerning the company due to my non-compete clause signed to date. Again no comment and no review t make
It's a Mix
Account Administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 4, 2018
I enjoy what I do, the problem is the facility is far & the pay does not out weight the amount of traveling I need to do to get to my office. My position does not allow me to work from home & I'm not permitted to answer any emails after hours even though I have remote access to my emails.
I've learned how to coordinate with other departments. I learned what they did and how the connected to the rest of the facility. I learned internal applications to make billing easier. I don't agree with a few of my co-workers when they say the don't need to know how to work with internal applications, because in my mind the more you know the more productive you can be.
The hardest part of my job is getting other people on board with a plan when they don't think they need to. I had to explain to a worker in Prepress that I needed a file posted a specific way because it would help when it came time to ship the job. It took some convincing because it required additional work on the Prepress end of things.
The enjoyable part of my job is when a plan comes together, a job is shipped correctly, and the client is happy. I love it when the client is happy.
Pros
Making clients happy
Cons
Commute is too far

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.