RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Fine place to work
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 31, 2015
Good career development, worked for the company for almost 25 years. Printing changed a lot in that time period. Innovative company.
Living to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), BolingbrookJuly 30, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: little pay, no 401k match, health benefits expensive, no management support
Lots of drama and back stabbing. Doing a good job compensates you the same as the guy not doing his job at all. Management gives no support; sink or swim mentality. No manual to follow so everyone does the same job duty differently. Lack of communication. Everyone on the defense and will complain to anyone but you if they have an issue. You will have no personal life because you work holidays and weekends
Forget about your life if you work here
Pick packer (Former Employee), Plainfield, InJuly 27, 2015
This place cares nothing about it's employees. Only getting their product out of the door. You don't have a work schedule. They inform you day to day if you have to work mandatory 8, 10 or 12 hrs. They DO enforce their attendance policy. So, needless to say, they have a huge turnover rate.
I am grateful to have a job with expensive benefits but it would be nice to plan and attend family events from time to time.
Run, don't walk, away from this company.
Light Machine Operator (Former Employee), aurora, ilJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Close to home. Paid time off
Cons: Supervisors are on a power trip and have no idea how to respect and appreciate employees
Unfortunately the warehouse atmosphere for this company is very, very poor. I started as a mail sweeper and was able to become a light machine operator shortly after starting. It's sad they require you to work 6 days per week, vacation does not kick until 6 months after starting and they pay so little . I work with a group of people who could care less about doing a good job. They are careless. The company gets what they pay for. If you want a high quality of work, you have to be willing to pay a fair and reasonable wage and as ar as I can tell they want to maximize profit, instead of doing quality work.
Excellent
Logistics Analyst/Customer Service (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILJuly 26, 2015
Excellent place to work, culture is awesome for all workers. Plenty of opportunity for the team player to excel and grow.
Good work environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Saint Charles, ILJuly 25, 2015
RR Donnelley was a great company to be a part of, Along with the people. Things every so often become to be a bit more unorganized as you would think but overall good company.
Productive and fun work place
Document Services Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Co-worker, opportunities to work overtime
Cons: Short breaks, long hours
Worked on customers financial fillings, submitted customres financial fillings to the SEC. Worked side by side with our Customer Service team to assist them with their overload task. Management seemed to take care the employees as best they could. The environment and people that worked there was very positive
Review
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Antioch, TNJuly 18, 2015
Pros: They provided you with three free holidays, inclusive with your regular vacation time to be used at your discretion.
Cons: There was limited opportunity for advancement.
My work day begun with ensuring all the responsible parties within the company had adequate supplies for their jobs. Later I would make deliveries to our local customer base distributing and retrieving data.
productive place to work
Feeder/Sort-and-Relief (Former Employee), Danville, KYJuly 17, 2015
Pros: you loose weight
Cons: hands go numb
People are willing to help you do your best as long as you are putting forth a good effort. For the most part people are friendly.The work is hard and fast pace.
great company to work for
Customer Service Rep/Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 16, 2015
Very good company to work for. All thought they shut facilities down, if you get lucky enough to work for them, make the best of it.
Learning Opportunities
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILJuly 15, 2015
SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST
• Facilitated requirements and design sessions with user community and communicated the requirements to the development teams for the design and implementation of solutions.
• Developed documentation of prioritized functional requirements that were directly converted to test plans, use cases, and system conceptual designs to meet performance targets and development project plans.
• Translated requirements and use cases to the designers, ensuring clear and concise understanding of requirements.
• Reviewed test conditions and expected results for product, performance and user acceptance testing.
• Contributed consistent effort, leadership, and creative thinking to solving complex and significant problems in a collaborative fashion.
interesting place
Biller 2 (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJuly 11, 2015
Pros: free lunch friday
Cons: busy season was a killer
This was a great learning experience, I learn a great deal about financial print. How to deal customer, The people that were friendly and helpful
Miami office was wonderful place to work
Site Specialist/Typesetter (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 10, 2015
Great place to work! Was surrounded by very dedicated workers. We worked on high-stress deadlines and high accuracy rates.
Excellent Company
Biller 2 (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 9, 2015
Excellent Company, competitive management, good and safe work environment, High volume of work, good team work, professional training in every areas
Great opportunity for newly created division
XBRL Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2015
My most enjoyable part of the job was being able to constantly learn about FASB, internal, and external best practices. There were times in which downtime allowed for additional training to continuously gain more knowledge about the position. The most difficult part of the job was the work hours during peak times. Working an average of 60 hours for 6 to 7 months out of the year, became very difficult. Working with a wide range of people with different knowledge base, I was able to learn a lot from my co-workers as it pertained to accounting.
OK place to work, good people.
Electrical Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Lynchburg, Va.July 7, 2015
Ok place to work. Management is ok, good coworkers, all employees have good attitudes, the hardest part of the job is 14 day shift change. I like trouble shooting all the problems that occur.
Good co workers and a good work place
Machinist 1 (Former Employee), Dwight, ILJuly 6, 2015
Early start with good co workers and management. Learn new things every day and enjoy a challenge and willing to learn every day.
Great company
Machinist (Current Employee), Crawfordsville, INJuly 4, 2015
Pros: close to my home
Cons: rotating schedule
Worked for this company for years. Job requires a tough work schedule & I miss out on family time. Pay is decent. I like the people I work with. The hardest part of the job is the rotating schedule.
Not much to say. It was a job. Management not much experience in the printing side. Client does not come first.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJ99,000July 2, 2015
Pros: Nothing much offered but employee discounts on certain products was pretty good.
Cons: No support at night. Constant changes, had to work things out ourselves.
Worked third shift with a few employee's. I was the supervisor. Also produced jobs for print. Would come into work, review incoming work and decide what order jobs had to be done. Assigned jobs to employee's by experience. Assisted other divisions on how to prepare purchase order for print, etc. Again client does not come first. If it's late it's late. No feedback, good or bad.
Good work environment
Production Technology Support (Current Employee), West Caldwell, NJJune 30, 2015
Cons: Health benefits have decreased since the time I started working here
My typical day at work involves monitoring production servers and applications to make sure they are running smoothly, responding to user support incidents in a timely manner and troubleshooting them to resolve them based on my experience and the existing documentation, and escalating the issue to a higher level of support if I am unable to resolve the issue. I have learned to be much more self-reliant, as I work the overnight shift and assistance is not always available, and I also make sure to document any new solutions to issues of which I had not previously been aware. The hardest part of my job is communicating with my co-workers as they work in the daytime and I only see them for about a half-hour a day at shift changeover.

1 2 3 4 5

About RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley is a global provider of integrated communications. The company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers – Read more

RR Donnelley Salaries