RR Donnelley Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,040 reviews matching the search
RR Donnelley
Bindery Operator (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORMay 26, 2016
RR Donnelley can be a great place to work. Some locations do not live up to their potential and are not so easy to work at. With declining benefits and the rising cost of living salary is not commensurate for some positions.
Great Company to work for.
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Salem, VA 24153May 26, 2016
Co-workers are all very helpful. A strong work ethic is apparent in all worker's. There is a true meaning to the words team work at RR Donnelley.
A world wide printing company
Binding Line Tech Level IV (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMay 25, 2016
Work days were long but rewarding and every day was a learning experience. I could always count on management to back me up during any situation that would occur on any given day. My co-workers were like family and sometimes the hardest thing was having to deal with each others problems at work about work and home troubles. The good thing is that this made for a very productive atmosphere.
Pros
Gift certifcates and free meals on special occasions
Cons
Rotating shifts
Good location
Staff Mark (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2016
Overall a good place to work and a great location but just got a better salary offer. As a Project Coordinator is the liaison between customers and Pre-media production team. Primary responsibilities included; scheduling, estimating, obtaining job detail information from client, job tracking, assuring quality of customer expectations are met, and invoicing. This position was to seek and enrich the customer experience through service, a positive attitude, a sense of urgency, clear communications and the utmost professionalism in all interactions.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Very controlled environment
Fun to work at this company
Shared Services Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cranbury, NJMay 18, 2016
Everybody is nice and you learn a lot. Opportunity to grow. Nice working for the company. Everybody is nice and friendly.
company is closed
Pick and Pack (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 16, 2016
company is closed, when opened great place to work, working overnight and always overtime if needed. I was not there for long
Stepping stone, not destination
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 16, 2016
Cold calling and generating leads any way possible.

Flexible work environment.

Lots of Micro-management; May deter younger employees
Pros
Salaried Sales Rep
Cons
Poor Work-Life Balance
Steady work for many years and plenty of room for growth.
Professional Distribution Planner Logistics (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILMay 15, 2016
Busy days with constant switching to prioritize and meet customer demands while learning faster more efficient ways to accomplish tasks in a timely matter. Management was always there to help work out problems and reach solutions. Coworkers in my environment worked closely together to resolve issues and finish work tasks in a timely matter. Hardest part of the job was waiting for very late information from suppliers to be able to begin my daily tasks. Often they would put us right down to the last hour or so before we could begin our work with their furnished information. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to work with so many people internally and externally on a daily basis.
Pros
Great work stability and room for growth.
Cons
Some confusion in a large work environment, Very rapid changes from external customers, Not a lot of over all incentive any more.
cooking
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 15, 2016
I am interest to work, because no any benefit from disabled this year. I need to work for earning more 39 credits until retire.
Pros
free or own lunch
Cons
n/a
Nice Co workers, horrible schedule
Cylinder Technician (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMay 15, 2016
This place runs 24 hours a day 365 days a year. I worked a 3 shift schedule. In the cylinder technician room your able to be bumped off your shift every 8 weeks being 1st shift is the favorable shift. Very hard to adjust to. Especially if you have family. Most of the time you will work 6-7 days a week. I worked 45 days straight with 3 days off. The work it's self isn't bad, the work schedule stinks, being 3rd shift is 12am-8am. Pay is decent, but the benefits are horrible. No 401k match, the pension plan has been gone since 2012, management looks at things as "we've always done it this way" and don't want to attempt to adjust to a new procedure. The equipment runs to fail, and is really old. Very disappointed I left a job to come to this place and it turned out to be way worse. This place could be doing very well, if they understood what lean manufacturing was.
Pros
People
Cons
Work schedule, benefits
Horrible
Kitter/binding (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILMay 15, 2016
A normal day at RR donnelley is sitting in the lunch room for hours waiting for someone to come get you for work. It's like prison! Big bosses say or mentioned said you cannot have pop on the floor but all the hugeeeeee ladies get to enjoy it. And the ladies wash their feet in the bathrooms. Nope not joking I saw it! And the greatest part is your told last mintue your working a Saturday and Sunday with no warning on friday nights! So basically if you have a family or spouse run don't work here.. i never saw mine. Not worth 9 dollars an hour!!

I repeat 9 dollars an hour!

Hours promised 3pm to 11:30 than we wouldn't leave till 3am
Pros
Clocking out
Cons
Going to work
fun place to work
Material Handler/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 15, 2016
great people to work with trained to be cut fold operator didn't care to stand in one spot for 8 hours or working 12 hour shifts
The only thing that was good was the pay
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INMay 14, 2016
Worked third shift and wanted to transfer to 1st or 2nd, but had to wait for an entire year before doing so. I learned a lot from being crossed trained. However, I was crossed trained because they could not find others to do the job at that time. Co-workers were great, because we all had something in common, our dis-like for the job. And it really wasn't the job, it was the people who was running the plant. Management was not that involved with helping, they were more concerned about their own positions and keeping them, then what was going on around them. The most enjoyable part was going home.
Pros
The pay
Cons
The management staff.
Worst place I've ever worked, by far!!
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2016
This is definitely the worst admin asst job I've ever had!! There is very rarely any work to do and when you do have something, their systems don't work...constant error messages!! The atmosphere is extremely depressing. Your stuck in what used to be a storage room and you can't bring anything into the room, no purse, cell phone, notebooks, magazines, you name it! You can't even have a wastebasket at your desk. You are not allowed to have or use a printer or copier, which makes it very difficult to do some of the work required. No training, extremely small raises. There are SO many restrictions and they don't care at all about their employees! For instance, on Admin Asst day we didn't even get an acknowledgement of the day...not a word! If you need supplies, you're pretty much on your own. They don't want to spend ANY money on their employees. The turnover is ridiculous for obvious reasons. We call the new people their 'next victims'! Please heed my warning and stay clear of this place at all costs!!!
Pros
Absolutely none!
Cons
Everything about the place!
Diverse
Operations Clerk (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAMay 11, 2016
I love working in a diverse environment. There's hard work and calm work day like anywhere. I have learned to deal with different personalities and problem solving.
Challenging place to work
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILMay 9, 2016
Training is minimal, most of the knowledge is learned hands on. My co-workers are all very hard working individuals and very knowledgeable at what they do.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Very low raises and bonuses
flowless workplace
Inserter Operator (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, ILMay 7, 2016
nice enviorment good workplace helpful managment co-workers are really helpful i am working as a trainer too ,i enjoy my work too much
Least pay in manufacturing, no breaks
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 6, 2016
Work 8hrs with maybe one ten minute break if you are lucky. You are encouraged to "eat on the fly", no scheduled breaks so you have to wait until someone comes to offer to take your spot for five minutes, you can't even use the restroom unless someone can take your place or your partner is willing to cover you. You are not allowed to go out to your car at all during your shift. The pay is the least I've seen in any manufacturing. Most places start at about $2 more. Extremely high turnover. Very physically demanding.
Pros
Cons
Pay, no breaks, no meal period
Horrible
Executive Technical Analyst II (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2016
One word: Horrible. This companies HR could possibly be the worst in NY. They have no support for the workers. I could go on but you dont have enough space in this square.
Cons
Very productive with a fast paced. And Easy to learn.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 5, 2016
RR Donnelly is a very good workplace. It's definitely a good place to work to build your work experience along with meeting new people.
Cons
You will have to work some weekends and sometimes you can't pick which weekends that you want off.