RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Found 1,414 reviews matching the search
Not the best place to work
ASSISTANT PRESSMEN (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 27, 2017
At first, it was a family owned business, and they treated their employees well. As the years went by they began to abuse the employees. Treated like a number.
Pros
At the time, the pay was decent
Cons
Shift work
Fun culture
Account Executive - Logistics (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 27, 2017
The atmosphere was fun and filled with laughter. I had an opportunity for unlimited earning potential with support and assistance from teammates as a contractor.
Pros
Freedome, unlimited income opportunity
Cons
Healthcare
No work/life balance
GENERAL LEDGER ACCOUNTANT II (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 26, 2017
Management only communicated when something was done incorrectly, no recognition for hard work at all. No work/life balance whatsoever. I would not suggest working for this company.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2017
A pretty flexible and exciting place to work. They have a very inventive and creative way of doing business compared to any other "Helpdesk" I have worked at before.
stressful, non professional, lack of caring for employees work place
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 23, 2017
Working for this company is stressful. You are indeed over worked and under paid. Management is not professional and shows favoritism. I have learned that it doesn't matter how hard you work to supervisors or management but if they like you will determine things for you. Raises and benefits are not good at all. No bonuses, so don't look for one. the most enjoyable part of the job is when its time to go home.
Cons
salary, raises, bonuses, benefits, management, attitude, much more
Worst place ever!
Press Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 23, 2017
Literally the worst experience I've ever had. 12 hour shifts with one 30 minute break. Ridiculous! The most depressing atmosphere, employees look beaten into submission. Its no surprise with the kind of management that's there. The supervisors are unapproachable, they have the attitude of a sweat shop manager. Low pay considering the amount of hours you work. Some employees consistently have to work 20 plus hours of overtime to make ends meet. No real family life. Do not work here!
Pros
Cons
Work conditions, insufficient down time per shift, unfeeling management, poor work culture, low pay
Very bad place to work at.
Fork Lift Operator/ RF Scanner (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 22, 2017
Very sloppy work there they do not know how to run a warehouse. They need better leadership and work skills. I just wish they would have a better system.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Healthcare
Back in the day it was a great company to work for.
Material Handler, Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Crawfordsville, INJune 22, 2017
A close knit group of people who expected everyone to have each others back. Had to work a lot of overtime. Old dirty building with wooden block floors. It was a place where you learned work ethic or you were gone.
yearly picnic and christmas party
Accounts Receivable/Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hillside, IL 60162June 20, 2017
Typical day when we got a lot of orders and busy billing.
Management is very family oriented.
I sincerely enjoy working in my department (accounting)
and most likely the hard part is when customers complain.
Pros
yearly picnic and christmas party
Cons
Good
Sorter / Operations (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 20, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company learn a lot and was helpful in many ways. Employees where ok and management was good over all. If they asked me to come back I would.
Decent place to work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 20, 2017
The work load is not constant and you always have to find work. I like to be busy and productive. The work is the same daily. There are no surprises. Receive orders, bill orders, and fax in for payment.
three
material handler 2 (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJune 19, 2017
met alot of great people always something new to learn had a cafeteria got vacation days off new alot of jobs in the bindery got to aleader of cartoning crews
Pros
people i worked with
Cons
health insurance
Hard work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAJune 19, 2017
It was a very high paced job , we worked really hard but I was also in really good shape as well, great pay and benefits, the attendance policy was a tad harsh , but that is anywhere
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Good people to work for
Fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Owensville, MOJune 19, 2017
They are great people to work for it's a fun places to work. Good pay. Fast pace work environment. Decent co workers They understand when you have to take off because of family or children. They give you the days you request off.
Pros
Good pay
Just a floor mopper
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILJune 16, 2017
I slung a mop and took out trash. Usually the women's rooms were nicer than the men's. Some days the gals went out of their way to make a gigantic mess. Staffing agency asked me to move into pressroom as a jogger. That work sucked so bad and I was lousy at it. Agency has me move to bindery, that's were I screwed up so bad they kicked me out.
Lots of great folks work here!
Productive workplace
Quality Control Supervisor /data entry (Former Employee) –  3541 lomita blvd torrance ca 90505June 16, 2017
A typical day at work would be, clocking in at 7 a.m ,getting to my computer ,opening files, manifesting . Then supervising the warehouse as well as loading and offloading trucks/shipments.
Cons
short breaks
Maintenance/Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJune 16, 2017
I worked for R.R. Donnelley for 13 years. It is a great working environment. It is a very clean and safe place. The people are great. I have learned a lot working here.
Very fast paced
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Strausburg, VaJune 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company as I've been there for so long. I enjoyed the fast paced work loads, and the people, it was a relaxed job while still being hard work.
Hardest part of the job
worker (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COJune 15, 2017
being laid off and leaving co workers. the plant closed. there were workers that worked there all their life, including whole families. The plant closed down entirely in 2011.
Easy but fast-paced work
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INJune 14, 2017
Fine place to work, easy to work independently. Unfortunately, many things would go wrong in the warehouse that would force us to be unproductive for several hours at a time. On days that everything was working well, the day went by quickly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval