RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Found 1,293 reviews matching the search
I can no longer give a fair evaluation of this company, due to the length of time I have been separated.
Journeyman rolltender (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed working at RR Donnelley, but I cannot give a fair evaluation because I last worked there 15 years ago. Printing production is fast-paced, demanding, hot, and dirty. Not for the weak.
Growing
good community relations
just bought out
advancement opportunities
rehire privileges were there
Fun and exciting place to work
Console Operator (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMarch 26, 2017
working with different copy, working on different equipment, great staff, The hardest were the 12 hour days. The most enjoyable part was learning all aspects of priting
Standard Warehouse Work
Packer- Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 25, 2017
Ample break times with accommodations to make employees feel comfortable while at work. Laid back atmosphere with clear goals defined. Great training. Interesting to see all of the places they serve from one location.
Was a good job out of college but not for the long haul...
Pre-Press Specialist (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAMarch 25, 2017
When I first got the job it was very busy each day, lots of manual work that needed to be done by the end of each day. The work was fast paced and the day went quickly. There was even a time where I was getting Overtime nearly every night of the week which was awesome. As time went on though some of the software we used became more automated which cut down on all that manual work. There was a merger of two facilities that gave us far too many people and layoffs followed. I managed to stick it out for as long as possible until I ended up being the one without a job. My direct manager was probably the best person I could ever work for, through thick and thin he was great to me and the other employees. I give him the 5 stars not necessarily the other managers in the building. The hardest part of the job was learning some of the processes needed to perform jobs. The enjoyable parts were some of the co-workers I got to know. What I learned was that there was no room for advancement here, you got your annual 1% raise which was given to everyone regardless of their work ethic. I also learned that the more automation you implement into your work day the less of a need you will become because now a computer will do you job for you. By the end the typical day was very mind numbing and boring.
Pros
Great Boss and some great Co-workers
Cons
Some horrible cut throat co-workers, high deductibles on healthcare & lack of incentive to do your job.
A large organization which an exciting place to work.
Production Specialist / Planner (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJMarch 24, 2017
We were acquired by RRDonnelly on 2010 and i have learned their values and cultures. It was a fast phase production environment with a large scale of support not only technically but also with the management. I have developed my managing skills with them and had an opportunity to handle various areas.
Rewarding job requiring close attention.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Metter, GAMarch 20, 2017
Used laser guided lifts to put up and take down paper rolls used for various printing needs. Stand up lifts were used to put up other paper good merchandise used to fill shipment manifest.
RRD Donnelley split and they have trouble in the sales force
Sales Director & Strategic Alliance Partner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 20, 2017
I have been in this industry for a long time and it is time for me to utilize my strong C-Level relationships to help other organizations accomplish their goals.
Same as LSC
Rotogravure & Offset Pressman (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMarch 20, 2017
Worked here 23 years left for 5 years and came back. Stressful job as the printing industry is taking a hit. I enjoy working with the people here as they are like family but not sure how much longer company will be around.
steady work atmospher
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  IowaMarch 19, 2017
I worked 2nd shift, 6 days a week, It was not hard working on high speed printing presses. cleaning and adjusting the rollers and cutters. I got along with the personnel.
I love my Job at RR Donnelley
Press Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMarch 16, 2017
Great place to work, It has good training and employee are helpful. My bossies are fair and understanding. I enjoy the hands on work. I love being apart of a real team.
Pros
team work
Excellent place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 15, 2017
Very organized and fun place to work, I made a lot of friends, and learned a lot while there. I was promoted and I also did a lot of employee meetings, and party planning for special events. I met a lot of new people and was able to work in other departments like pre press.
Pros
Very organized
Cons
working 26 days in a row without a day off
No advancement.
Forklift Operator/Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dwight, ILMarch 15, 2017
Company is not loyal to employees. People that had worked 40+ yrs. getting discharged to save a buck. No room for advancement, unless you "know someone."
Good pay but that's it
Inserter Operator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 14, 2017
It is just a paycheck benefits are no good. No 401k match. Lots of favoritism goes on between management. Corporate keeps taking things away from the people
Pros
Good pay
Benefits
Ok
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Willard, OHMarch 14, 2017
You never know if you're gonna work full weeks can not
Plain anything without knowing if your going to work weekends or not. Pay is ok but it laxs benefits
Great Place to work
XBRL Production Management (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 13, 2017
Great work environment. Friendly people. The management is fantastic. Very laid back and easy going. Overtime. I have been here 5 years and I still enjoy coming into work everyday.
Enjoyed working there
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 13, 2017
Started out at Donnelly as a press support got promoted to rolltender.Then got promoted to assistant pressman. Promoted again to pressman. Got my hoist Operator and Rico license.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Not enough people to do the job
Steril Atmosphere
Performance Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downers Grove, ILMarch 11, 2017
The atmosphere is very cold and unprofessional. I experienced discrimination and was treated with disrespect. Management are not supportive and their is a spirit of fear that's in the air.
Boring workplace
Picker -Picking (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 9, 2017
riding around on pick forks picking orders as quickly as you can and taking products to right destination for shipment. Helping others and keeping a productive count on picking items
All About The Numbers
Plant Manager/Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMarch 9, 2017
Strong focus on the numbers, often at the expense of the individual work/life balance. Lean and mean is the best description. Great environment if you can dedicate 12-18 hours per day.
Pros
A lot of excellent people
Cons
Turnover and burnout all too frequent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.