RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Found 1,226 reviews matching the search
Sales and Printing company
Sales, Marketing, Inbound/Outbound (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYJanuary 21, 2017
Managers and staff are well experience in their field.
Many jobs are being cut at the Grand Island Plant.
Comfortable atmospher
It is a job but not recommended
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYJanuary 20, 2017
This company can turn a 20 year old person into a 60 year old quick. They have too many job responsibilities per person. I know that sounds like whining but the technicians are getting shorted on people to an extent that they are having to do the material handlers job just to keep the line running as fast as supervisors want. They don't get maintenance time so lines go down a lot more and instead of preventing things it ends up breaking and being down a lot longer. Never was a fan of swing shift especially swinging every 6 weeks. 12 hour days are ridiculous. Especially when you are in there on night shift when time changes and it goes back an hour, that's a 13 hour shift for ya. It is very hard work.
Never a clear understanding of what is expected
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJanuary 19, 2017
Never sure of exactly what is expected, As for being understanding regarding family, they were great, Benefits were HORRIBLE, It would have been nice to have gotten better training and support from management.
Pros
Birthday lunches or breakfast each month.
Cons
Training is not very clear and understanding, Benefits too expensive especially for you get for your $$
I worked there for 25 years. Provided adequate income to live comfortably.
Offset Pressman (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 17, 2017
Required continuous learning
Required strong communication skills
Required strong troubleshooting skills
Precision
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Heat, 12 hours days, dirty working conditions, exposure to harsh chemicals.
Never a Dull Moment
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 17, 2017
Always a changing environment, every project is different and your approach must change with the needs of each customer. Very hands on and requires attention to the smallest of details.
Great company to work for.
Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 16, 2017
I had a great experience all my years i spent with Donnelley.The only reason i left my position was to relocate for my wife's relocation with her promotion in her career.
Rrd
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Owensville, MOJanuary 16, 2017
Great people, basic health insurance benefits, many long-term employees work in this facility - can make learning hard.
Preliminary Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, KYJanuary 14, 2017
The hardest place of the job was the 12 hour shift that change every 6 weeks. work environment was great. Co-workers were a great group of folks to work with.
benefits
Cons
retirement
awesome teaching skills from lead and supervisors
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 14, 2017
Awesome job shadowing skills. Very skilled at showing and letting you preform hands on. Also, I like to learn there way so I know I can continue the job well.
Pros
Learning the job tasks
Cons
Having to pick up slack for the same person day after day, without any repercussion for that person.
not everyone can do this job
Bindery Worker (Current Employee) –  De Pere, WIJanuary 14, 2017
can be stressful,but also easy days.its not a hard job at all. they are strict on attendance. half the time you wont have a life.you can be forced 12hrs.
Pros
diversity
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Fun place & great people
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Monroe, WIJanuary 13, 2017
I assist customers with projects & assisting their clients. I've worked on multiple accounts which allowed me to learn most systems that we use. I've also been on different size accounts.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
cost of health care
Not understanding, easy
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Brenham, TXJanuary 11, 2017
Doesn't understand If u have family issues/ deaths I missed one day because my aunt died and they let me go without any questions and when I told them they said they can't do nothing about it
Management of the Lewisburg facility is a joke
Certified Lead Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 11, 2017
Work is what you make it. The job is not difficult and as long as you are self motivated, you will accomplish a lot. I learned most of what I know by seeking out the information. Their training is less that adequate. Management does not have any idea what they are doing. Mostly, they are a bunch of guys walking around talking about how great they are. Then gathering in groups in corners and isles to laugh about some incident they encountered while at work or to talk about their wives, kids, farms, or the "hot chick" doing the hearing test. Co workers are a hit and miss. It strongly depends on the crew. One crew is hard working, accomplishing a lot with the young/new workers. Two of the crews are predominately lazy and filled with people who have been there a long time and do not care about anything but getting paid. The last crew has many workers who know what they are doing, and produce when they want to. They are also a bunch of troublemakers who care more about gossip and who their next conquest is than about producing forms. There are good people on all the crews, but, what I described is the overall attitude of each crew. The hardest part of the job is getting through a shift without dealing with drama not related to the job. Also, shift are difficult. They are 12 hours on your feet. Nights are exceptionally horrible. The most enjoyable part for me was my co workers overall. I was on the best crew in my opinion. There were dedicated people who cared about doing their job. Cared about their performance. Good people who felt everyone deserved to be treated fairly! Too bad  more... this was not the overall attitude in the facility.  less
Pros
half hour paid lunch
Cons
12 hour shifts and poor, unfair management
RR Donnelley is a sweat shop
Mailing and other Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 10, 2017
Sweat shop. Low pay, no advancement, terrible atmosphere. Mandatory overtime every week. Management is terrible. Bosses don't even speak to you. Only 1% pay increases every year no matter how good or bad an employee is.
Pros
Cons
Low pay long hours not treated with respect.
The benefits of working in the company is fair.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 10, 2017
The company overall is good but the supervisors and management are discriminating us and based us on our race not our hard work The work was do-able. God Bless
Pros
When their are no accidents we get a free lunch
Cons
The supervisors are unfair towards different people.Discrimination
Low employee benefits. Big office with lots of parking.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJJanuary 10, 2017
Employee benefits have been reduced to bare minimum however responsibilities continue to increase.

No 401K match. High deductible low coverage medical insurance plan.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Low chance of professional growth.
Easy work
Hoist operator/ picker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 9, 2017
Easy job fast paced environment picking and collating orders replenishing stock load and unload truck and general housekeeping in a warehouse setting
fun fun
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJanuary 5, 2017
I had to come into work and give it my all. Everyday was a new challenge and I was really set to make it there. loved the job it was pretty easy. My co workers loved me.
Pros
long breaks
Cons
really hot in summer
Corporate environment with little benefits
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
the company culture is very corporate, though it does not offer the benefits of a big corporation. The Translations dept doesn't have any funds for decent technologies,and there is lots of micromanaging.
Good income
Collator Operator (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 4, 2017
All the time I worked here I was on 2nd or 3rd shift so I had to build my life around these schedules which was the hardest thing about the job. That meant that I had to adjust my lifestyle around my job. At times it was difficult because I would miss family events or I had to leave early because of my schedule. Other than that, I'm very grateful that I was given the opportunity.
Pros
Paid lunch hour, great management
Cons
Schedule wasn't the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.