RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Found 1,441 reviews matching the search
Warehouse work for people who want to work
TRAINER/FLOOR LEAD (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 22, 2017
As far as warehouse work goes, it is fairly good work. Simple work but very long 12-hour days. Sorting mail is not the most exciting thing to do, but for the kind of work that it is, it is a consistent living.
Benefits are bad, quality of work life is poor, many weekends are required.
Print Production Account Specialist 2 (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJuly 21, 2017
My work is done in computer programs. Fellow employees are good people. Toughest part is that the work load is very inconsistent, there are times of the year that you feel like you will never get caught up with work and then you hit times when there is nothing to do.
The Highs and Lows
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJuly 18, 2017
As a machine operator, a typical day would consist of a shift change over, assuming responsibility of the crew, quality checks of the product, and repairing broken equipment. I learned a lot of mechanical and trouble shooting techniques through my years of experience operating machinery. The work atmosphere was very diverse in ethnicity which aloud me to learn and grow into other cultures, which helped me understand the people better. Carrying the weigh of my whole crew was the most challenging I thought, which was also the most enjoyable. Bringing the team together and developing a smooth running operation while accomplishing daily and monthly goal was extremely satisfying to me.
Pros
Fair wages
Cons
low morale
Great benefits!
CLIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  mornoe wiJuly 17, 2017
Great benefits but not the work environment for me.
I am glad I got the opportunity but and equally glad my times is coming to an end.
I have nothing else to write.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
negative place to work
Fun learning experience
Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJuly 17, 2017
I enjoyed having three to four days off a week. The hours were long but I didn't mind and it was a great new learning experience compared to other factories that I've worked in.
Pros
three to four days off a week
Cons
RR Donnelley (now Donnelley Financial Services Company) DFSCO is the best at what they do
Senior Project Manager eSolutions (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 15, 2017
Typical day: 10 hrs. Training: great. Mgmnt: engaged, hands-on. Culture (SF): diverse, inclusive and accepting. Hrs: long during peak. Great people.
I worked at RRD Financial in a variety of capacities over a period of 12 years, from Capital Markets to Mutual Funds service. During this time of innovation and change, I saw RRD try to adapt and change, always putting their clients and customers first. They were less agile than some of their competitors, due to their size mostly. But I witnessed them retain clients over more technically advanced competitors largely due to their genuine customer-first ethic. I also saw them change and adapt, sometimes successfully and sometimes too slowly. RRD hires great people. I am very proud to have worked for them.
Pros
RRD is the best at what they do.
Cons
Huge company. Can be bureaucratic in ways.
Corporation that does not care much about their employees
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 15, 2017
No feeling of job security. They are continually restructuring and downsizing. Depends on where you work to how much balance you can achieve with your work life. You can be expected to work many hours of overtime
very friendly enviroment
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 15, 2017
friendly environment, co-workers didn't mind helping if you fell behind with your work load. Learn a lot when the sears books was being made enjoyed the fast pace.
Pros
free lunck and celebration
Cons
wasn't a permanent job
RR Donnelley is not the company that it was 20 years ago. It is not a fun place to work. I remained with them because I was loyal to the company.
Supervisor Process Development/Estimating (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 13, 2017
I worked for RR Donnelley for 29.4 years.

My job ended due to an overall work force reduction, even though my work evaluations exceeded expectations for the major of those years.

The company management has declined the last few years.

Benefits have declined with RRD providing some of the most costly health insurance options with employees having to pay very high premiums.

Co-workers are great but it seems they are always placing employees under extreme pressure.

It is rare that someone is thanked for doing a good job.
Pros
Enhane knowledge, enhance skills.
Cons
No management dirction
national commersial print company
Bindery Operator 1 (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILJuly 13, 2017
management not always on the same page, enjoy my co-workers, can learn some new skills, have opportunity for overtime and some advancement. growing facility
Pros
overtime, co-workers
Cons
management
Great work environment with excellent co workers
Press Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJuly 11, 2017
Everyone i worked with was very easy to get along with. The 12 hour work shifts take some time to get used to but once you are they are so much better than working 5 8 hour shifts.
An ok workplace
Bander Operator (Current Employee) –  Thurmont, MDJuly 10, 2017
It's a alright place to work but long hours hard work constant movement some people are great to work with and just like any other place there's a few people you don't get along with but all around it's an ok workplace
Cons
Short breaks
My job at RR Donnelley
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHJuly 10, 2017
I was the Supervisor over 2nd shift. I was in charge of 20 employees and enjoyed my job there, It was fulfilling and satisfying to get the product out to the consumer
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Hot environment
Pruductive
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Charles, ILJuly 9, 2017
· On a typical day at RR Donnelley we would start on the line or bringing materials needed after everything starts running smooth I would choose a group of guys to load the trucks with me.
Pros
Fun
Senior Press Operator-Tech (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJuly 8, 2017
Good place to work. Very safe environment. Lots of good people in the building. It is 12 hour shift work. Hard on family life. Pay in good for the area.
Steady paycheck, but...
Manager (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 7, 2017
RRD at my facility is unstable. over 50 percent of management have moved on voluntarily in the past year. nearly 1/3 ov labor is new in the past year. 5 different Plant Managers in 6 years...
Pros
steady paycheck
Cons
instability in management, poor sales, bad benefits, lack of enaged leadership at the local level
Productive and fun workplace with great people.
Senior Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 6, 2017
R.R. Donnelley was a great place to work. Coworkers were very bright and a joy to work with. The project was challenging because they needed to convert 40 files using Quikjob programming language and I had minimal experience 30 years ago. I was able to find documentation on the internet in order to get the job done in a timely manner.
Pros
convenient commute, great co-workers, fun project.
straight work go home
machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 6, 2017
Its a job that you really couldn't plan to do anything work had you tired up from not knowing what time u going get off it would be to the point they tell you Friday u work Saturday.
Pros
monthly drawings
Cons
work no talk
A good place to work for
Plate Maker (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 6, 2017
I had been employed here for 6years making plates I enjoying doing plates taking on heavy work loads when we are very busy I get the job done ! I'm a very hard working individual .
Okay place to work
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJuly 5, 2017
Relaxed, friendly environment. Sometimes not as busy. Month-end closing is the busiest part of the month. Mostly accounting jobs and billing the customer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.