RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Found 1,529 reviews matching the search
Very stressful
Press Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 18, 2017
I would not plan on making a career here. At this time they are slow, and the future doesn't look promising. The supervisors are very nice but they do not care about your life outside of work. So there's not a good balance between work and home.
Cons
No set schedule
Worse job ever had
Bindery Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Danville, KYSeptember 17, 2017
You went in and went at a dead run all day. I felt like I was working like a dog. You couldn't wait to get a break. They gave you more machines then you could take care of. You had to swing shifts and sometimes work 12 hours 6 days a week. I always said it was a young persons job but it was to hard for an older person. Management was ok but they had their favorites. I didn't like anything about the job it was picking up 30 lbs bundles and feeding the machines for 12 hours a day.
Pros
Nothing to say
Cons
Very hard job.
Good place to make money
Team Leader/Shipping Clerk 3 (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PASeptember 17, 2017
Work hard, fast pace, opportunity for advancement. You learned new things everyday. Work a lot of hours. Mix culture and for the most people get along.
Pros
Good money maker
Benefits
Regular work day
Team Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 16, 2017
My regular open procedures would be open up the Mailroom, due security checks, prep the facilities team, verify all jobs are done help out duplicating if necessary. In the mid afternoon I would turn over mailroom, and then go to facilities and help prep the day. I would then go to duplicating to see if they need my assistance, and last then I would go over to the office services side and verify everything is working properly. After all that I would be able to go to my desk and work on reports. Around 2 pm I would get up and make sure everything is running properly and relieve a couple people for lunch. I have a daily meeting at 3 pm and then help out the facilities team. After all that I would go downstairs to get ready to go.
I learned various managing skill, time management, juggling various jobs,and people. I learned policy and procedures are important.
Pros
My ability to manage several people
Cons
Number of employees
Workplace culture
Facility Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 16, 2017
Working at RR Donnelley there is a work place culture that promotes improving ones self to add additional responsibilities. At RR Donnelley I started managing equipment modification and installation projects. I learned to manage government environmental agency projects, Environmental Health and Safety programs and Facility management.
Pros
Management support to learn new skills
Cons
Declining print industry
Nice Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Managing customer accounts and setting up logistic shipments by email request.
Learned how to handle several accounts at the same time.
They are very diverse in culture.
The hardest part was not getting trained properly it is a learn as you experience job.
The enjoyable part was the different meetings and speakers they would have.
Pros
Hour Lunch
Cons
Heavy workload
Stable and very knowledgeable management team.
Customer Service Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, ILSeptember 14, 2017
Daily tasks. Worked closely with sales force/vendors. Customers were priority. Quoting,ordering and following through including all accounting work.
Pros
Great benefits package
Cons
I had to move out of state.
This place will pay you to NOT have a family
Bindery Operator 2 (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYSeptember 13, 2017
Simply put you'll make a bunch of money work a load of over time and spent zero time with your friends family and loved ones. You start as a material handler and if you make it with a poor training philosophy you've earned a job where you'll lift reams of paper over and over for twelve hours a day for six weeks then nights
Pros
Pay, Loads of Overtime
Cons
healthcare, company direction and future, conditions
Print is a shrinking industry. Tough to advance when in constant cut back mode.
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 13, 2017
RR Donnelley was a great place to work until the mergers started in 2004. After that its been constant cuts in benefits, training and no chance for advancement. Print as a whole is shrinking.
Pros
Pay.
Cons
Print is a dying industry
printing and bindary
Material Handler, Fork Lift Operator, Asst. Tech (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INSeptember 13, 2017
I enjoyed to fast pased environment. For having to work 12 hours days the pase made the day go fast. Three day work weeks were nice but, the you worked overtime most weeks.
Pros
vacation days could be took any way you needed
Cons
12 hour days
fun place to work
Customer Classified Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, ILSeptember 12, 2017
They sent my job to a different country and had us train them. I did get free collage classes and that was fun. I would never go back and work for that company
Pros
good pay
Cons
managmnet
quick pace lots of work
IT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILSeptember 12, 2017
great people, over worked, poor benefits, expect to perform in lots of areas and hours. poor reward system. lots of exposure to programs.
stressful and takes a while to get established.
Good place to work.
Global Capital Markets Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 12, 2017
Good place to work. Management was fair when they could be. They always seemed to be going through transitions and gobbling up other companies. Overall - good.
Good work life balance
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
Good work life balance, good culture, progressive, good management teams, benefit programs could be more cost effective but it is a great place to work.
RRD - Great ideas to move forward but poor execution
Senior Process Engineer Printed Electronics Group (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NYSeptember 11, 2017
RRD is forward thinking by creating a Printed Electronics division to advance their printing capabilities in the future. Initially this was a very satisfying position that was highly visible and supported throughout the entire company. Recently the company has split into three separate companies and management has changed. The current leadership appears to be less focused on the future and more focused on day to day operations.
Current Work Status
Senior Benefits Analyst - Retirement Plans (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILSeptember 11, 2017
The management team that was overseeing the benefits team was great, but was WFR this year. Also, due to the relocation of the benefits team I am looking for a new job opportunity.
Pros
compensation
Cons
healthcare benefits
Not the best job I ever had
Material Handler/ Forklift (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VASeptember 11, 2017
Difficult situation... had a lot of problems with equipment breakdowns... schedule was all over the map from week to week... break time was ludicrous, only 10 minutes for lunch...
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Lousy equipment
Bad choice, AVOID Donnelley
Production (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTSeptember 9, 2017
I worked with a lot of great people. However, the management is horrible. They treat the employees like garbage. If you ever have a problem with a PC or supervisor HR will always side with them not the employee regardless of the proof or documentation. They are very passive and racist. If you're not white you will be singled out, given the worst jobs. Management will complain to other employees (their friends/favorites) about people they don't like. . Benefits are the worst in Cache Valley. Local fast food and department stores have better insurance. Mandatory overtime monthly with little regard to family/personal life. Holidays off unless it falls on your scheduled workday. They expect work to come first at all times. This is for all departments. AVOID working here at all cost
Pros
Job secrity because they can't keep employees
Cons
Benefits, Management, Shifts, Work Inviroment
Very pleasant
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 8, 2017
They were nice and i would love to work for them again it was a temp job that landed me at rr donnelley if the opportunity arises to go back there and work i surely would
Indeed requires a review
Process / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Warrenville, ILSeptember 8, 2017
I'm writing this review because Indeed requires a user to do so. If you have an opportunity to land a job at RRD take the job, learn the industry, and move on if you want to.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.