RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley Employer Reviews

Decent experience at RR Donnelley
Product Support Specialist/Project Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 19, 2014
Pros: start off at a decent salary.
Cons: shift work as opposed to a typical 9-5 day.
Pretty decent Workplace, with team members who come together to get complete tasks for the day. Since I work in the technology business, I'm constantly learning new things everyday.

The hardest part of the job is different work techniques by each team member and ideas my clash.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to think on your own – more... without micro-managing. – less
Company acquired
Healthcare Account Executive (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 15, 2014
My review is completely outdated for this long since acquired company.
A good experience
Material Handler (Former Employee), Antioch, TNJuly 15, 2014
I loved the people that worked there. They made the experience of working here a good one.
Purchase of Consolidated Graphics, Inc. appeared to be a smooth transition.
STRATEGIC SALES SUPPORT (Former Employee), Duarte, CAJuly 12, 2014
RR Donnelley is a hugh network of printing facilities requiring print production that involves multiple facilities.
Great place to work with advancement opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Senatobia, MSJuly 9, 2014
Pros: advancement opportunities and training
Cons: technology has reduced the need for printed materials.
Process customer orders and create layout for manufacturing to produce product on a timeline schedule.

I learned how to manage time from management.

Work well with a team effort.

Hardest part of job was having to tell customers that were were behind on ship dates.

Most enjoyable was seeing finished product and knowing that you were a part of creating – more... that finished product. – less
good pay
Roll Tender (Current Employee), Strasburg, VAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: pay, opportunity for advancment
Cons: healthcare, managment, hours
a day starts at 7am and ends at 7pm the runs are short but to be expected in the short run platform. The condtions in the plant are hot if you are not up for the heat this is not the job for you. After 7 years of employment i have seen a steady decline in the engagement with managment. it used to be a careing family of people working together for the – more... common good. Now its a corporate run facility with corporate constructs the careing is gone. The pay has always been the one good point giving people something to hold onto, with advancment opportunity being good the best part og the job has always been the people you work with. – less
I enjoyed working here and learning the printing business
Press Operator (Former Employee), Lewisburg, PAJuly 2, 2014
Pros: experience learned..rewarded for safety achievments
Cons: sometimes didnt get a break cause i wanted to finish or work on a job
Start of my day would depend on what was going on. If the press was running had to make sure I knew what was needed to complete
the job. If a new job was to be started had to look at docket and make sure everything was available to ensure the job could be run and to completion. I would look around my work area to make sure there were no hidden supprises – more... and make sure the press was running properly. Would get there early to make sure I was abreast of what was going on.
I learned alot about the printing business.
Mangagement was fair and helped me alot with learning the job and making sure I had what was needed to run a job properly.
Co-workers overall were good to work with and especially those who had years of experience were more then willing to assist me.
Hardest part was doing a certain job for the first time when it involved things ive never experienced before.
The most enjoyable part was the challenge of learning and the satisfaction of seeing a job become complete. – less
Productive and Decent working environment
Machine Sweeper (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJune 28, 2014
Cons: short breaks and low salary rate
A typical day at RR Donnelley was working in a fast pace environment on a daily basis with short breaks in between. I learned how to properly machine sweep and sort through the mail and match them up in the correct order. I didn't really like how the managers ran things at the Aurora, IL location because they were unorganized and rarely answered the – more... phone during the day when ever i had questions or concerns. My coworkers were a big help and they were always willing to lend a helping hand when completing task i've never done before. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the fast pace and working under supervision because i am more of a independent worker and i like to work at my own pace. The most enjoyable part of the job was working on different projects every now and then when we would switch it up when things got too reptitive. – less
Typical Warehouse
Hoist Operator, Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee), Oakdale, MNJune 26, 2014
Nice company. Unload trucks. Check for accuracy. Receive it all in the computer systems and put away for warehousing. Must ship product out in a timely manner. Also need to do some material handling for Presses and keep track of inventory and move product physically and electronically. Lots of multitasking. Too many bosses and not enough workers.
Great Organization
Network Security Analyst (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 23, 2014
Overall great place to work!! Upper management wants to see their employees do well.
Overall it was a good place to work
Lead Supervisor, Material Handler (Former Employee), Eldridge, IowaJune 20, 2014
The company before all the other companies that took over this place was a family company called Bawden Printing. This business had expanded to grow with the needs of the new customers coming to use what we had to offer.
The job has its ups and downs
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee), Glen Mills, PAJune 19, 2014
Pros: managers are flexible with your schedule.
Cons: office location is not ideal.
Each day you come in and find out if any projects need to be worked on. You enlist more projects as you complete or have any on hold. From time to time there will be UAT testing and is mostly a group effort.
Ok place to work
Bindery Operator (Current Employee), Metter, GAJune 10, 2014
Pros: well paying job
Cons: short breaks
This was and ok place to work. You clock in setup you machine to run the job at hand and then you go from there. We worked in 8 hour shifts.
-awsome opportunity to learn new things
"Sorter/machine operator" (Former Employee), Thurmont, MDJune 3, 2014
Pros: able to move up quickly in the company
Cons: couple lazy people that got away with doing whatever they wanted
-my night at work was fast pace
-always something to do
-always over-time available
No Leader to lead
Lead Team Member (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNMay 30, 2014
Pros: i am left alone
Cons: no management, job processes are broken, no one know what they are doing
A typical day is I work 7-3:30 P.M. Monday through Friday. I get in and I go through the night receipts and enter everything in by hand. Then I sit at the computer waiting for emails to come through and quickly get them out of the way. My supervisor really does not know what I actually do because his office is on the other side of the plant.

I really – more... don't like working here and I urge anyone who is looking at RRD for a job, DO NOT GO! – less
A different place from a corporate background.
Reprographics Operator (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJMay 23, 2014
Working at this location is a good opportunity to get a unique experience towards another career objective.
Co-workers were like family
Material Handler / Lead supervisor (Former Employee), Eldridge, IaMay 22, 2014
Pros: safety program incentives
Cons: dusty
Typical day at R.R. Donnelley, Review work board job listing for individuals i.e. Operators and labors that on machine or production areas. Locate on Primac(c) for production requirements that aide to job materials and locate components essential to assembly of the product. Review material for mistakes press issues and errors; bring said problems to – more... top supervisors or schedulers attention.

What I have learned in this business is that things will change over time equipment, people, and environment. You have to reinvent yourself to the modifications and adapt approiately.

Work was hard but not impossible to complete. We had a good team to work with and this made the difficult task possible; we were experienced in handling many situations.

Most enjoyable part of working for R.R. Donnelley was being part of the employee council. Planning group events, preparing new arrivals to the plant and visiting customers we were all involved. – less
HR Business Partner (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 22, 2014
Pros: development, benefits, work/life
Cons: n/a
Great management, learning and development opportunities, and teamwork.
n/a
n/a (Former Employee), n/aMay 20, 2014
picking insurance pamplets for customers. enjoyed the work that I did. Needed to more pay for what I was doing
Challenging yet rewarding
VP of Operations (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2014
Great exposure to many Fortune 500 Companies. Good benifits

1 2 3 4 5

About RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley is a global provider of integrated communications. The company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers – Read more