RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley Employer Reviews

No Leader to lead
Lead Team Member (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNMay 30, 2014
Pros: i am left alone
Cons: no management, job processes are broken, no one know what they are doing
A typical day is I work 7-3:30 P.M. Monday through Friday. I get in and I go through the night receipts and enter everything in by hand. Then I sit at the computer waiting for emails to come through and quickly get them out of the way. My supervisor really does not know what I actually do because his office is on the other side of the plant.

I really – more... don't like working here and I urge anyone who is looking at RRD for a job, DO NOT GO! – less
A different place from a corporate background.
Reprographics Operator (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJMay 23, 2014
Working at this location is a good opportunity to get a unique experience towards another career objective.
Co-workers were like family
Material Handler / Lead supervisor (Former Employee), Eldridge, IaMay 22, 2014
Pros: safety program incentives
Cons: dusty
Typical day at R.R. Donnelley, Review work board job listing for individuals i.e. Operators and labors that on machine or production areas. Locate on Primac(c) for production requirements that aide to job materials and locate components essential to assembly of the product. Review material for mistakes press issues and errors; bring said problems to – more... top supervisors or schedulers attention.

What I have learned in this business is that things will change over time equipment, people, and environment. You have to reinvent yourself to the modifications and adapt approiately.

Work was hard but not impossible to complete. We had a good team to work with and this made the difficult task possible; we were experienced in handling many situations.

Most enjoyable part of working for R.R. Donnelley was being part of the employee council. Planning group events, preparing new arrivals to the plant and visiting customers we were all involved. – less
HR Business Partner (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 22, 2014
Pros: development, benefits, work/life
Cons: n/a
Great management, learning and development opportunities, and teamwork.
n/a
n/a (Former Employee), n/aMay 20, 2014
picking insurance pamplets for customers. enjoyed the work that I did. Needed to more pay for what I was doing
Challenging yet rewarding
VP of Operations (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 20, 2014
Great exposure to many Fortune 500 Companies. Good benifits
Great opportunities and management
Digital Website Technician (Current Employee), Elgin, ILMay 18, 2014
I take printed material and convert it to a web or app based solution to be shared,tracked and anaylzed. Known as a DigiMag, I am able to enhance print pieces to reach readers in a new and exciting way with enriched content such as flash animation, embedded videos, interactive material and cross-platform functionality. I work with clients regularly – more... to train them on new software features, as well as find the best custom integrated solution for them and their business. – less
An average place to work. Too many budget cuts were made to incentives, and MBO's.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Grand Island, NYMay 16, 2014
Pros: professional work environment.
Cons: pay was not competitive for the work / objectivesthat were required.
Responsible for managing up to 25 employees, contributing 18 million in sales. Marketed and sold B2B printing services to many vertical markets. I developed a strong team, and we were successful at exceeding financial commitments many years.
Improvements in technology had a significant impact on our business. Many of our targeted customers were going – more... paper less, or they were converting to digital printed solutions.
I enjoyed the people I worked with and the training I received to perform my job. – less
Day-to-Day
Program Manager (Former Employee), Warrenville, ILMay 12, 2014
Cons: supervisors worked from home, cancelled important meetings, outdated systems and methodology.
Governing CRM & Database Marketing programs and resources; the CRM Program Management team main focus was building Client Acquisition, targeting potential Cross-Sell prospects, and maintaining customer Retention. Encompassed with a team that included List Processing, Database (SQL) IT, Analytics, and Creative; RRD’s goal was to stay on target with programs, – more... from concept to print, advise and direct best practices. Oversee and Analyze client data to provide teachings and strategies that would provide solutions, cost effective strategies and build measurable results in regards to the Clients DM and Multi-Channel efforts.

Responsibility:
Day-to-Day responsibilities was to provide instruction and specification to List Processing in conjunction to client requirements and business rules. Develop and maintain schedules for campaign life-cycle. Resolve data anomalies, concerns and correspond solutions. Work with Analytics and internal teams to report on cost to acquire, and actualize ROI. Adhere to fast-past environment and multi-task and stay in constant contact with the client for concerns, changes, and management. – less
Unqualifed leadership with no background in the industry.
Lead Comail Line (Former Employee), Bolingbrook IL 60490May 9, 2014
Pros: 3 or 4 day 12hr work week.
Cons: no ideas, no slutions. new but beaten equiptment. everyone is for them selves.
Back stabbing, Everyone is for themselves. Poor leadership, unqualified personnel, unsociable and unfriendly environment, no solutions, lazy leadership. Absolutely no support. In my 34 years of being in the printing industry I have never seen such a free for all. This is a dreadful place to work at. RR Donnelley's is to lower the floor instead of raising – more... the ceiling in order to make non experienced people on the same level as well educated and experienced people. This place is only good for the inexperienced people that wish to be an $9.00 an hour operator with a dime increase a year. The leadership is inexperienced and cannot ever help because the knowledge is not there. Don't even try to learn on your own or they will back stab you or try to set you up as a failure. There is no communication in this plant between the management and supervisors. They can't crew a line. Everyday they have 18 - 45 minutes of down time at the start of a shift because the supervisors let the temp service crew the lines. How hard is it to tell people what line to be at the day before? One would think after about 5 years the supervisors would catch on. They just don't get it because they hire supervisor that previously worked at the burger shop and the can't see what they are inadequate at. This place will dummy down the most intelligent person. No solutions, no ideas. Never changing. The lose around 3,500 to 5,000 books per day per line that doesn't get in the mail. It's a poor operation that doesn't want to improve. The idea of comingling mail for a discount is a great ideal but, they dump money after money because of unqualified personnel that start at the top. If you apply for an advancement you will get a confirmation number on your computer. Somehow 4 people applied 3 times for the same job. All applications were lost! All of them except for the one guy with no experience. All 4 of the knowledgeable people have left the company. If you wish to have a nice career Do Not Apply at RR Donnelley. – less
Antiquated culture and workplace
Director Venue Business Development (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 9, 2014
The global capital markets is somewhat of a productive group but the culture and salesforce is awful.
Productivity-stayed busy
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee), Metter GeorgiaMay 8, 2014
Pros: pleasant work atmosphere
A typical day started at 8 am with assigning job task for co-worker. Pull and pack order to be shipped out. The atmosphere was very pleasant. Constantly business. I enjoyed working with other and being able to meet prooductivity.
Overall, a good company to work for.
Digital Asset Librarian/Sr CSR (Former Employee), North Wales, PAMay 8, 2014
For those who worked offsite at a customer location, we were trusted to do our job for the most part. We had a supervisor from the client site and would follow instructions from them. The team worked well together and would support each other as needed.

The most difficult part of the job was when work was slow because we didn't want the client thinking – more... we were slacking off (although that really wasn't an issue).

The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the client and helping them to find a solution to a problem. – less
Great company to work for... as long as you play nice
Production Planner (Current Employee), Chanhassen, MNApril 30, 2014
Pros: opportunities, people
Cons: family owned business
Loved working at Amidon and was very disappointed when I was laid off. I always felt that if you did not get along with the family owning the business, you be on the outs and that is what happened with me. Great people, great owners (except for the son) - managing could improve, though.
Long work hours
Material Handler (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILApril 29, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: short breaks, long hours, horrible work environment
Must be able and willing to work 12 hour shifts every day of the week.
Good day at work
Manufacturing Supervisor (Former Employee), Avon, CTApril 27, 2014
Sharing “good mornings” at start of day
Gather information for the days tasks
I enjoy helping people achieve their goals
Its a good job to learn about printing.
Rolltender (Current Employee), Seymour, INApril 23, 2014
Pros: friendly
Cons: not enough days off
You can learn a lot at this workplace and move up in position the faster you learn.
I make sure freight from the plant is shipped in a timely fashion to the right destination.
Logistics Support 2 (Current Employee), Warsaw, INApril 23, 2014
I work within a group of 5 co-workers under 1 manager. I make sure that the freight that is produced in the plant is shipped on the right truck and at the right time. I have learned a lot about the logistics industry as I had no experience when I was hired. The management is good. I love my coworkers - they are great and easy to get along with.
Wonderful employer!
Inventory Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 23, 2014
Pros: office perks, free food on a regular basis, gratitude shown by higher ups.
Cons: unfortunate affects on the business facility due to the wtc disaster.
I enjoyed working here. Even though it was a very "pressure" type environment, myself and my co workers never felt any pressure. It was always a fun environment and our work was always appreciated by upper management and the sales reps!

Unfortunately, because of our very close proximity to the World Trade Center, the events that day on Sep 11 2001 – more... greatly affected our facility and business. I had no tother choice but to seek other employment as the company was basically crippled by the tragic events of that fateful day. – less
Fast, Good and Cheap. Pick any two.
QUALITY CONTROL, LEAD–Order Fulfillment (Former Employee), Appleton, WIApril 17, 2014
Cons: too many to list.
The Right Tool for the Right Job?
Fast, Good or Cheap. Pick two. The Iron Triangle! When creating a project, clients must choose only two out of the three options. They can't have it all. It's a reality of life, clients must deal with it. In my experience RR Donnelly Book Fulfillment sought to achieve the exact opposite of this outcome. The dumbbells – more... in top management believe an out-of-date classical management style to be “effective” in a tough economic environment. Nothing could be further from the truth. The truth is that they ended up closing 2 huge new production facilities because the top down management was so stupid, ignorant and careless. This Company sucks. The end customer can’t help but find them to be Expensive, Slow and Inferior. Don't doubt me.... – less

About RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley is a global provider of integrated communications. The company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers – Read more