RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Found 1,487 reviews matching the search
RRD Is great
Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAAugust 6, 2017
I worked here several years ago but It was a great experience and I would go back especially if I had a management degree. Culture can be fast paced and sometimes stressful but the job was a great experience.
Pros
Good treatment of employees
Cons
Locked inside of windowless cubicles or manufacturing areas
Alright
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJAugust 5, 2017
typical day is oh ok and other days are fast. I learned some things. management is ok. workplace culture is oh alright. hardest part of job is delivering truck. most enjoyable part of Job is talking to girls,
Good Wages - Long Hours
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 4, 2017
Job can be pretty monotonous but it is a job I enjoyed. Relaxed atmosphere while working continuously through shift. Management is considerate of opinions and input.
Stressful workplace
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Caldwell, NJAugust 4, 2017
Stressful workplace no life balance, company is structure is very poor manage, management is bad no opportunity for advancement within. Will never work for a such company like this again.
Its a messy biz
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Chanhassen, MNAugust 3, 2017
I don't think its their fault, print is a tough business. Some great people work at RRD, not sure about future prospects there due to obvious reason.
Warehouse Environment
QUALITY INSPECTION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 3, 2017
Fast paced and disciplined environment. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family relationship between teammates. At this location I learned to work with and manage contract employees and perform technical trainings.
Good Place to Learn Then Move On
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILAugust 2, 2017
RR Donnelley was a good company to work and learn from. I met many great Designers and Project Organizers. As time went by working for RRD, the raises and benefits went down. RRD outsourced it work force. It made it employees work with less,
Pros
Flexible work hours.
Cons
No raises, no advancement
Flexible and Understanding Environment
Dispatch Associate/Accounts Payable Clerk I (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 2, 2017
I learned allot about how the logistics company operates from booking truckloads to invoicing and paying the invoice. I've learned full circle of the logistics operations...
Pros
Incentives and Special occasion lunches to recognize employees
Cons
The Drive to work
balanced pace environment
Administrative Assistant (Temp) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2017
balanced work pace,Little to minimal supervision, great staff moral everyone worked together as a team. management had an open door policy for questions and concerns.
Not a friendly environment
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 31, 2017
My position was sent to India. It was good to work for at first but new management was hired and things changed. Other departments were sending their work to India as well.
good place to work
Quality Analysis (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, ILJuly 31, 2017
A day at work is boring you get to learn nothing new as your join in.
well i just learned to use company software. The hardest part of the job is to kill time. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can take breaks as many as you want. The management is good and people here are friendly.
Pros
N/a
Very Poor Management
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 31, 2017
The management was very poor. The company had NO respect for employees.

The procedure for getting a day off was: You filled out a request for any day you wanted, whether it was a weekend or a week day, it did not matter. If the management felt like it, you would be granted a day off, even if the day you requested was a non-standard work day, i.e. Saturday or Sunday.
If management thought they might need you, the request was denied.
If you did not fill out a request, you were expected to be there, regardless of weekend, holiday, etc. If you were not, you were written up and threatened with termination.
Pros
Decent Pay with opportunity for lots of Overtime
Cons
Production was everything! Quality, Safety, and personal respect meant nothing.
Currently phasing out business and laying off
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 28, 2017
They are almost non-existent at this location. They have laid-off most of the employees and what are left, are barely hanging on.
From what I've heard, it won't be long before this location will be closed.
Pros
Good source of income.
Cons
Skeleton crew left, due to lay-offs.
An ok job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Matton,ILJuly 26, 2017
This job is ok you work a lot of hours for little pay. But they give you a lot of breaks. As a material handler it can be hard but it can be easy but summer time it is hot. You basically load machines with the stock that is needed for a particular magazine it can be heavy or light.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
Doesn't pay enough and benefits aren't that great
corporate printing shop
Digital press operator (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNJuly 26, 2017
Its a corporate place bottom line is they wanna make money for stock holders very demanding wanting you to work alot of hours and not very appreciative of what you do
Pros
get alot of ot so money can be good
Cons
too demanding wanting you to work all the time to get a day off it seems like pulling teeth
My first warehouse job
Jogger (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 25, 2017
It was pretty hard at first but I learned fast. It was a printing press and we had to align the paper with the ink which required us to go back and forth.
Pros
cool coworkers.
Cons
short breaks
Fun and very nice people
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJuly 25, 2017
Very organized, friendly co workers, I loved working there, there was always work to do each and every single day. Management were nice and fair. The hardest part of is going to lunch and coming back to work thats why I choose not to eat anything big cause after eating Im ready for a nap
management
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJuly 25, 2017
worst run facility I ever been a part of. No advancement opportunities, no 401k match. bad benefits. hire anyone. I think its a dying business. bad business
I injoy factory work. I catch on very quickly. Looking for a new start
Sinior Imaging Operator (Current Employee) –  Logan utJuly 24, 2017
I like this job. It challenges me almost everyday. I meet the goals and go beyond. Not because they make me. It just makes me feal that the job is worth while. I work well with the people there. Love my weekend shift. Going threw a divorce. Loking for a new start
Outgoing
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 24, 2017
Very positive place to work at. Workplace was very neat and clean. The hardest part of the job was having to finish a certain amount of orders. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be all the positive people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RR Donnelley. Our community is ready to answer.