RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Not well run operation
Shipping (Current Employee), Florence, KYMay 2, 2015
Pros: no uniforms
Cons: bad benifits, poor division of labor
Always understaffed and if you do a good job they give you the work of the others that just show up. You don,t get anymore compensation than the ones that don,t do a good job either. They expect you to come in on the weekend and work but don,t give you any notice during the week that they will need coverage. Management for the most part just wants you to figure problems out on your own so if something goes wrong they can blame you and they don,t get in trouble.
RR Donnelley
Digital Print Operator (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 29, 2015
Pros: Works with my school schedule.
Cons: Long drive time.
I work at RR Donnelley processing and print all our client's forms. Performing work in the Bindery such as: Making pads, GBC binding, drilling, cutting, and folding and NCR padding as well as billing and catalog services. Design documents and forms for our clients. Perform repair and preventative maintenance on Docutechs and bindery equipment. It is a good company to work for and they offer good benefits.
RR Donnelley review
Bindery Operator (Current Employee), Durham, NCApril 29, 2015
Pros: Very good company to work for
Cons: Not very employee friendly
I have been working at donnelley for 7 years now, and i have to say that my overall experience has been pretty good. I love my co workers and people all around the plant. Just last year we had a huge management change and after that things havent been going so great. A lot of changes were made that the employees are not happy about, thus the morale has dropped drastically. Sometimes i dont even feel like im in the place as before. We just recently had a lay off and the work is coming in very slowly. Donnelley has been very good to me but i think its time for me to move on and explore my other options.
A productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Laid back environment
Cons: short breaks
Entered order data for sales representative. Occasionally got to accompany rep on they're sales calls. Keeping up with the filing was a challenge because of the volume.
I've been there many years. Not a bad place to work. It's just hard to get your hours at this present time.
Hired January 1993 as a temp (Current Employee), Strasburg, VAApril 22, 2015
Pros: Good pay. people
Cons: Healthcare. But I think most healthcare is about the same as everywhere else.
I come in and talk with the current operator and see whats going on. I check the quality of the magazines. I fill out my checklists. Then I get on with the day. I makeready, run, and maintain the machine. Fixing anything that breaks. I have learned a lot of mechanical skills while there. I have learned more about computers also. I have learned how to learned how to manage a 4+ man crew. The management there is questionable. The people are great for the most part. The job at my level can be stressful at times. The hardest part of the job is the physical aspect. Not everyone can stand for 12 hours on concrete. The best part is the people and the pay is a little above average.
Overall RR Donnelley is a decent job but definately not a carreer.
Warehouse/Ticketer (Current Employee), Aurora, ILApril 21, 2015
A typical day at RR Donnelley is usually slow starting off. I begin by checking all the mail sorting machines to see what type of mail they are running and if they need tickets. Once enough mail has been sorting the Supervisor then analyses the mail and creates groups to sort. I then print and pass out tickets for those groups. For the rest of the shift i make sure every bin of mail has tickets. I have learned how to operate a mail sorting system. The RR Donnelley management isn't the best but they get the job done. The co-workers are a bit slow and don't take orders very well. The hardest part of the job would be keeping up with all the mail on the sorting machines. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to learn something everyday.
Dynamic, changing, interesting and growing
Assistant Controller and Controller (Current Employee), Denver, COApril 19, 2015
Pros: Working with numbers, people I work with
I love being an accountant, with a variety of people to work with and a variety of job duties. I have never been bored for there is always something to do and I can use all the skills and knowledge I have.
Very fun place to work, great team members.
Inventory/Customer Service Lead (Current Employee), Aurora, ILApril 16, 2015
Pros: Very easy to work with, puts family first.
Cons: No positions to advance to.
A typical day consists of arriving at 5:45 am to unlock the door, deactivate the alarm, and run the cyce count sheets and reports. After the cycle counts are completed, I will proceed to print all the orders that need to ship and give to warehouse. All throughout the day,I will monitor emails and respond accordingly. Any inventory moves, receipts, and shipments run through my desk first and last to make sure that they been processed correctly.
A very impersonal management at this plant.
Hand assembly of medical kits, pack (Former Employee), Plover, WIApril 16, 2015
The management for this company shows no compassion or respect for their employees. They see them as just another piece of machinery and show no compassion towards an individual who is having problems or has special needs while at work.
I mostly enjoyed my time here
Asst. Pressman (Former Employee), Glasgow, KYApril 15, 2015
Pros: interesting work.
Cons: swing shifts
All in all this was a great place to work. It had its issues, like trying to replace skilled labor with machines, and the fluctuating industry of magazines. but I would probably go back to work here if the opportunity ever became available.
Great learning opportunity
User Tech Support / Software (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAApril 14, 2015
Pros: good pay structure and benefits
Cons: work-life balance and 12 hour days
Worked in prepress and composition, opportunity to work with customers and employees for training in software. Enjoyed co-workers and knowledgeable employees.
Strong cultural values with "can-succeed" environment
Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLApril 13, 2015
RRD is a phenomenal company to work for, with great benefits and even better people! No day is ever the same, and no two jobs are ever the same when in-house. Your co-workers are amazing, intelligent, and excited people who will do anything that they can to help you with your tasks.
Infrastructure Technician (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNApril 6, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Closed Facility
Facility was closed in our location
Had great IT department
Great benefits and Great Boss
Good printing Company
Good people to work with
Fast paced, fun environment with consistent scheduling
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Plainfield, INMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Consistency
Cons: Change week to week from eight, ten or twelve hour shifts
I highly enjoyed being employed through RR Donnelley and would definitely work for the company again. The management was very involved, and everyone in the company seemed to have smiles, get along with one another and work hard side by side while having a good time. This job was good to have if you like eight to twelve hour days while getting a paid workout and making great friends.
A fast paced job
bindry (Former Employee), Warsaw, INMarch 26, 2015
Pros: lots of breaks due to heavy lifting, rewarded us with T shirts, pizza parties and jackets
Cons: heavy lifting, standing for long periods at a time, healthcare
I worked 12 hour days that I truly enjoyed. I had my main machine, line 4, but was trained and able to run all the lines. I got along with all the employees, assistant operators, and operators. All my evaluations were great and I had no complaints on my work. I was reliable and never turned down any overtime if it was offered. The hardest part of the job was the heavy lifting, over 3 tons an hour but we rotated and made things easier for everyone. What I enjoyed was all the people I worked with and gaining a higher self-esteem knowing I was dependent, not having to depend on anyone. Everyday when I got to work I would look on the manning board to see where I was scheduled, go to my machine and clock in, then go talk to the operator and ask where he wanted me that night, either feed the catalogs, pulling out the bad leafs or working in the back where id stack in piles of 20 on the skids before wrapping and tagging. Lastly, I would use the floor hoist to pull the load to the designated area for the forklift drivers to pick up.
Good
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 24, 2015
It is really good to work here, people and management are always friendly. They always try to do they're best at helping whenever they're is a problem
Trained Kelly Services employees in Financial Department
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 23, 2015
Created Print/Bind Customer Service Training Manual. Included step procedure and screen images to complete a recommit, and identify the original amount.
RR donelley is a bad place to work.
pa1 (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 22, 2015
Ever since i worked at rr donelley the company has been taking away from the employees, ( such as pension 401k match). the benifits are horrible, i pay a high premium for it to cover barely anything.
Falling Apart
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: decent pay
Cons: forced ot. low morale. supervisors do as little as possible.
This company is going down hill fast. The Lancaster plants are poorly managed and employees have low morale. Favoritism runs rampant and management treats their employees as if they were slaves. Terrible place to work.
place is busy or dead
Material Handler (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: they give alot of breaks
Cons: no controbution for the 401k and no caring for their employees
when it is busy you can make a lot of money, but the down side or that is all the mandatory overtime and lack of free time your because of it. Then it gets really slow and people can get laid off and everyone loses hours so its not a very stable job.

About RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley is a global provider of integrated communications. The company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers – Read more

RR Donnelley Salaries