RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley Employer Reviews

Great place to work.
Proofreader (Former Employee), Glen Mills, PAJanuary 3, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is working together with great people accomplishing our main goal of satisfying our customers.
Excellent company.
Press Operator (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 2, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, excellent benefits.
If family needs hadn't required a relocation I never would have left. Immediate supervisor was inadequate, but overall a good place to work.
Good money requiring sacrifices of sanity and life
Team Leader (Former Employee), MissouriDecember 27, 2013
Pros: decent pay for production workers, workaholics welcome, plenty of lessons on invaluability of the production worker
Cons: company too big(expansive), buy out competition and shut them down
While I was compensated fairly for my life sacrifices over the years, I could not be happier to no longer be employed by such a ruthless, over-inflated company. Working for such a large corporation has so many drawbacks like red tape and uninformed leadership. The red tape made getting a lot of things done very taxing. I learned well how to kiss a** – more... to get things done quickly. I also learned that just because you work for a large corporation, it does not mean you will produce top tier products as the desire to find components cheaper out-weighs the employees desire to produce quality products.

The employees that worked for me and with me were generally wonderful. They truly made going to work everyday bearable. This is what I miss the most.

I wish I could have spent more time with my family at home instead of my family at work.

My direct managers were admirable for putting up with the upper level and still being able to encourage the minions. – less
Strong and rich experience in accounting and in finance
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), INDecember 22, 2013
financial statements, reports, invoices, journal entries client servicing etc
Jean day everyday
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 18, 2013
Really good job, very laid back. If you get hired on permanently I think it would be great job security.
The most enjoyable part of the job -
Logistics Account Manager (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILDecember 8, 2013
Successfully managing my customers needs! The management is not supportive and the compensation is lowered with no real communication.
Poor Management
customer service (Former Employee), Joliet, ILDecember 6, 2013
Pros: nice co-workers
Cons: poor training, bad management by staffing company
Was hired on and given extremely poor training on the daily functions I was to carry out. Employees that are there now are jaded and working the system for freebies and not training new hires properly. Was hired through a L10 months even though I had an accident report...staffing firm they use churns and burns new employees in order to reach goals they – more... set. Bad experience although some of my co-workers were very nice people. – less
FUN WORPLACE,
Production Artist (Current Employee), Smyrna, GADecember 4, 2013
Supports the production needs. Prepare, releases and upload files to printshop through FTP site. Retouch images. Attend to weekly meetings.
Interact with various managers, design team members and account executives in order to create and maintain a visual line promotional signage for the second
largest retailer in the world, the Home Depot.
Fun working here
Material Handler and Inventory (Current Employee), breinigsville paDecember 3, 2013
This a great company lots of people you meet and i also train nice to see people learning everything that i know etc...
Advancement opportunities
A/R Coordinator (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 2, 2013
I found in the 15 years of employment that there was no opportunity to advance in the office that I worked in.
Basically i can say that i enjoyed this company a lot.
Material Handler (Former Employee), Elk Grove Village, ILNovember 9, 2013
Well a typical day at this company is a like taking a walk at the beach. Its fun & no matter how long you're with this company, you can still learn new things. The things I've learned from this company was exciting. Some coworkers were a tab to bit of bossy but other than that I got along wonderfully with them. The hardest part about the job was standing – more... up for 12 hours. I enjoyed that they offered plenty of overtime. – less
Well established company
Customer Service Representative / Job Planner (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2013
Pros: great manager
Cons: no overtime
I was kept very busy but loved it and how fast my day went. I was responsible to supplying information and product to 300 sales reps.
Overall good company
Operational Planner (Current Employee), Baraboo, WIOctober 31, 2013
Pros: diversified
Cons: printing industry has taken a hit in the past 10 years
Good solid company. Room for advancement. Concerned about welfare of employees and customers.
A bad environment, pay and benefits dwindling.
Light Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Breinigsville, PAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: easy work, some very kind people
Cons: no advancement, dwindling benefits and pay, extremely poor and undertrained surpervision.
I worked with and for the company for nearly 4 years and it is apparent why people are so unhappy, jaded and disgruntled. The work itself is not difficult by any means. I personally worked in, or assisted, most departments in the building which includes:
Kitting, Picking, Packing, Shipping, general Warehousing and Binding/Finishing/Printing equipment. – more... The issue arises with the complete lack of generalized humanity towards employees. There are people there who received occurrences for having a two day stay in an emergency room. There is virtually no appreciation for employees. Even those who consistently volunteer to work extra hours whenever needed, which is extremely common, are threatened or given a nasty attitude when anything is slightly not the supervisor's liking. There is no feedback BUT negative feedback from anyone in the supervisory areas. While many of the supervisors were at least knowledgeable in their own departments, the print department which is the specialty of RRD is mostly clueless in their own processes and machinery. The supervisor who I had worked for has been with the company for around ten years and STILL had to ask people how to read the specification work sheets that she sees on a daily basis for nearly ALL those years.

To top this all off, we come to find out that RRD is freezing most raises, cut all retirement packages, raised the cost of health care coverage more-so than other companies and offers only "employee discounts" to stores and services that are far beyond what an average employee outside of high end management and sales could possibly afford. This comes after having our regular meetings telling us within just the FIRST QUARTER our facility made more than $3,000,000 in profit, not sales/revenue... profit.

Oh, and forget any advancement. I was told face to face by a new HR manager in the building " I don't know why people work at this facility there is no room to grow..."

This company could be excellent but it is giant corporation that takes advantage of workers who usually cannot go elsewhere. They try to call it " One RRD " and the " RRD family " but treat you worse than a stranger. I hope the new manager can pull some of the people out of the storm at least but he even admitted, in not so many words, to loosing hope before I left. – less
Good steady company
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNOctober 28, 2013
Lots of variety in jobs but management is lacking in direction and focus
Provuctive work place
Administrative Support Representative (Former Employee), Bolingbrook, ILOctober 26, 2013
Extremely productive environment. Large work load part of the week but some days are very relaxed.
N/A
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 24, 2013
I worked the 3rd shift. It was not the best situation for me. The company is okay.
Productive and friendly enviorment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Elgin ILOctober 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches when we had meetings
Cons: short breaks
what I have learned in the past as working as a receptionist is that I like working around friendly people and love to feel welcome. I also have learned that on down times I asked to give me extra work and I learned how to do some account projects always willing to do something else.
Enjoyed the corporate structure
Account Coordinator/Variable Data Programmer (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIOctober 22, 2013
RR Donnelley is a team orientated environment, well structured and I enjoyed working there.
Nice place to work
Accounting Clerk II (Former Employee), Danville, KYOctober 21, 2013
Worked many areas in the factory. Received excellent training.

About RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley is a global provider of integrated communications. The company works collaboratively with more than 60,000 customers – Read more