RR Donnelley

RR Donnelley Employee Reviews

Mix Bag
Employee (Current Employee), Appleton, WIFebruary 19, 2015
There is a good culture around limiting work loads. However, it is very limiting in benefits (lower than average pay, no 401k match, etc...), limited opportunities (limited advancement opportunities, limited preparation for advancement, etc...).
OK place to work.
Coordinator (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: benefits not the greatest
RRD is an ok place to work. Benefits could be better and lots of OT.

Rotating shifts and work 12 and 2 schedule. Work 12 days and have 2 off.
Department I worked in is shutting down.
Pressman (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 14, 2015
I am looking for work because my department is being shut down in March.
The directory department ran 4 color web presses using cold set ink.
The presses ran high speed and high volumes of work since 1972.
Productive environment
Logistics Support Liaison (Current Employee), Bolingbrook, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: family environment
Cons: healthcare
Act as a liaison in coordinating communication between sales agents and RRD corporate personnel.Coordinate the communications and paperwork required for the proper submission of freight claims to vendors. Interacts with customers, suppliers, management, with Logistics team members, and with other departments and plants. Gathers, enters, manages, and analyzes information to support Logistics operations.

I learned a lot of time management skills, how to manage multiple accounts at once and how to manage various reports in a timely manner. My co-workers are very helpful and are team players. The hardest part of my job is being able to manage multiple accounts while juggling multiple reports in a timely manner.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the fact there was always a challenge to face on a daily basis. I enjoy having a steady workload to help keep me busy regardless of the stress levels it brings.
avoid
Various Positions (Former Employee), Mattoon, ILFebruary 10, 2015
Typical of large old corporations. Very impersonal and cold treatment of employees. Dinosaur that is in the last throws of existantce. The print industry is fading out.
Low employee morale, high turnover rate
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), New York CityFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: paid overtime
Cons: short breaks, bad benefits package, no work/life balance, favoritism, no flexibility, low retention rate
Extremely high turnover rate and bad management makes the translations department a depressing place to work. There is little incentive and not much opportunity for growth. There is little regard for work/life balance. Coworkers are generally very interesting and kind people, but bad management and a very stressful work environment with little to no appreciation makes it an unsociable and closed-off office setting.
Friendly environment
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee), Glen Mills, PAFebruary 7, 2015
RR Donnelley is an established company who offers a lot of opportunity. Shift times are difficult, but the pay cannot be beaten.
Being able to do the fun thing not always job related, like cookouts.
Operations Clerk 1 (Former Employee), Pontiac, ILFebruary 6, 2015
Worked with some great people over the years. Learned about the printing industry. bindery and pressroom. I worked in many areas, performing many different tasks. I got the job in Central Stores, ordering parts for inventory, making sure we had supplies to keep the machines running. Setting up blanket purchase orders for the entire plant. I've done receiving of merchandise and entering receipts. I get along well with everyone. Myself and my co-worker were in charge of planning menus for company picnics and cookouts for 500 employees. Did the shopping for food, set up and making sure everything was nice for employees. Anytime a management person needed my help with different tasks I was always there ready to help out.
Changing Direction of Workers
Quality Analyst/Senior Level Retoucher (Current Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 2, 2015
Retouching and color correcting numerous projects for many catalog and magazine customers. Work directly with customer via phone calls and color shows. I very much enjoy working in photoshop.
overall ok
Stitcher Operator (Former Employee), Baraboo, WIJanuary 30, 2015
made lots of magazines. was a steady job with overtime available. Had many opportunities for advancement. Fellow workers were nice and did what was asked of them.
Great Place To Work
Bindery Worker (Former Employee), Long Prairie, MNJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: working various hours
Cons: laid off due to downsize
Lots of interaction with others, fast pace, learning something new all the time. Room for moving up in career ladder.
DO NOT WORK HERE !
Logistics Shipping Clerk Lead (Former Employee), Plainfield, In (716 building)January 27, 2015
Pros: your guranteed mandotary overtime
Cons: everything
I have worked at RR Donnelley for a year. They do NOT follow OSHA rules. It took them 2 years just to have a walk way for pedestrians to avoid accidents by forklifts. They are very unorganized and uneducated when it come to a logistics company. They have no proper training. Coordinators and leads have no communication skills, very disrespectful, and are not professional. They throw you in a position and expect you to know what your doing and if you fail, expect to be disrespected and cussed at. Managers and supervisors talk behind each others back to employees. They discriminate and show favoritism to employees as well. There is no chance of moving up in this company its all about who you know and what friends you make. Shipping department is the worst. The office can not be ran properly with the supervisor and operation manager in place. Shipping supervisor is always not at work, leaves early and takes credit for other employees hard work. Operational manager is always sick. Facility manager is clueless about running logistics. HR is NEVER present and definitely shows favoritism. Nothing is shipped on time. And the customer is also frustrating. Customer has to micromanage everything because RR Donnelley cannot run the process properly. Expect to work 6-7 days a week because of upper management mistakes. Assembly department doesn't even run off the same system the entire building runs on, and shipping there work is a joke. They do not properly label and package pallets correctly. They manually keep track of pallets, which cause lots of human errors (always losing customer product). Don't even get me started on there rush (urgent) orders. This RR Donnelley facility is the largest known worldwide, but pays the least while the Crawfordsville and the other RR Donnelley in Plainfield, down the road pay more. There system is outdated, and they are losing money. This company will not last more than 2 years.
Great Experience
First Shift Lead (Former Employee), Plover, WIJanuary 26, 2015
I had a great experience working for RR D. It was a great place to hone some of my administrative skills and worked with great people. The work itself isn't bad nor is was it too difficult. The hardest part was the benefits. The best part was the people.
Work Life Balance Typically Good;
Supervisor (Former Employee), TNJanuary 25, 2015
Pay is not competitive. Benefits are poor.
Work live balance was OK.
Print Media is becoming extinct, therefore lack of job security
RR Donnelley
BINDER OPERATOR I (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJanuary 23, 2015
I started as a material handler 20 years ago and worked my way up to an Assistant Machine Operator. I enjoy my work with the company - my pay is great and my coworkers are team players. Unfortunately, my department is closing and I am no longer needed due to a lay off.
Fun and fast work
Insert Operator (Former Employee), Antioch, TNJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good work
Cons: free food
• Answered telephone calls and responded to inquiries.
• Assisted in maintaining preparation and service areas in a sanitary condition Baked, roasted, broiled, and steamed meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
• Assisted diners with obtaining food from bufet/serving table as needed.
• Checked temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, and heating equipment to ensure proper functioning.
• Cleaned and inspected galley equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas
• Cleaned and organized eating, service, and kitchen areas.
• Cleaned and sterilized equipment and facilities.
• Cleaned garbage cans with water or steam
good wages
Material Handler/Assembler (Current Employee), Crawfordsville, INJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: clean envirement
Cons: manditory overtime
Turn on lights , check binder temperature and glue level , set pallets on levelator , check job #s on incoming and outgoing loads , pile or feed books . assist in makereadies , clean machinery or sweep floor as required.
-Team work and result oriented
XBRL-Support Specialist (Financial Report Analyst) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2015
-Streamlined workflow
-Team work
-Time Management
-Analytical
A lot on your plate
Print Production Account Specialist (Former Employee), Oakdale, MNJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: flexible breaks/lunches
Cons: no 401k match
A typical day is usually filled with many issues, inquiries, and demands by email and phone. Fast-paced environment- overtime required at times to meet deadlines. Customer service keeps you the busiest, deadlines are tight on many jobs at one time, you have to stay on your toes and are accountable for lots and lots of little things for each and every job you put to the floor.
gvreat
Sorter (Former Employee), chicsgoJanuary 13, 2015
Prepped Items that was ordered by customers, placed items in the oven, removed the belts, paper and tape from the items, and placed the finished items in a bin on the belt.
Headquarters