RRSI Employee Reviews in United States

Great place for hard workers
Service Technician II (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 27, 2016
Obviously, these reviews are simply opinions...mine is no different. My experience with RRSI has been a positive one. The application process was simple, I was contacted quickly, my job is exciting (and demanding).
Pros
Advancement opportunities, job security, great retirement plan
Cons
Professional and Great to work with!
Engineer (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 29, 2016
The staff recruiters at RRSI are very dedicated to finding each person the position that works best for him/her. They are friendly, honest about the companies they are placing a candidate with, and overall extremely knowledgeable and professional.
My experience with them was seamless, easy, and a great career move for me to grow in my field!
Pros
Knowledgeable, friendly, professional, answered all questions very thoroughly
Treatment of employees
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2016
RRSI will lie about the hours that you will be allowed to work I was told 12 hours days not true 10 on Sat and 8 on Sun. and on the first day and last day of work your day is cut shorter than necessary. The company (IRS) never send enough material and as an electrician I spent at least 5 hours per week looking for materials, or they will tell you to go steal material from other contractors on the job site. IRS also expect the employees to provide there own drill and associated items (drill bits holesaws and ect.),because they do not have enough tools on the job.
The upper management will come to job site and spy on employees with binoculars.

Basically the company does not care about there employees and they have a 300% turn around rate so that should tell you something about there operation. I would advise that unless you need a job in the worst way do not go to work for them. I quit after 4 tours with then due to the fact about the hours, and there treatment.
Pros
Can not think of any
Cons
They will cheat there construction employees every chance they can
Garbage company.
None (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 3, 2015
I find it funny all of the negative reviews are from the workers and all of the positive reviews are from management. Never worked for them and don't plan on ever working for them.
better off flipping burgers
Electrician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2016
This place is a joke there is a reason only management leaves good reviews wires the skilled workers are not . Clueless young leaders and ball washers galore. Very unprofessional environment. Glad I got in with the ibew
Pros
Cons
lack of leadership, poor benefits, low wages
Be careful you might get what you ask for!!!
Control Electrican (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNOctober 28, 2015
I've been working as an industrial electrician for 25+ year and they said I did not meet the requirements... ROLF Really!!! Stupid people...
Pros
Didn't go to work for them
Cons
working at a better place...
Found what I was looking for!
Management Trainee (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAFebruary 12, 2014
RRSI placed me with a great company that rewards hard work and dedication. This is a career, not just another "job". We sometimes work long hours and frequently take on new job duties, but the benefits are great, and the cross-training offers variety. I am never bored!
RRSI is not a temp agency, but a direct-hire recruitment service..."clock-punchers" need not apply!
Pros
great benefits, merit-based rewards, upward mobility
Rewarding Employer
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 28, 2014
The employment opportunity I received by working with RRSI was the most challenging, yet rewarding position of my career. The job requires long hours but pays very well. I was encouraged to pursue additional, job-related training/certifications which my employer paid for.
Pros
advancement opportunities, excellent retirement plan, challenging work
Cons
Warning signs were there...don't ignore like I did.
Office administrator (Former Employee) –  Lyndurst vaSeptember 22, 2013
RRSI is a division of Innovative Refrigeration systems Inc that is the recruiter for innovative refrigeration alone. At every opportunity I was warned about the owners cussing and abusive behavior. It was never directed at me but the atmosphere is heavy and everyone was stressed. You will be thrown under the bus to avoid being the target of owners wrath. Turnover is high for a reason and you will be fired without a second thought, I saw it happen several times. They are a quality producer but employees are expendable. Salaried employees are contracted to work 50 hours per week if that is not enough then whatever it takes or you will be labeled as insubordinate.
Pros
good opportunity for advancement, good pay
Cons
high turnover, stressful working conditions
RRSI Placed me with the right company for me.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAJanuary 19, 2014
I worked with RRSI to find a job after I graduated from college. They took the time to understand my needs and goals in a career and placed me with a great company that fit my personality. I have been able to grow and excel at my current company. The recruiters at RRSI were very helpful. They were honest and able to answer all my questions. When I decided to accept an offer with the company they fit me with, they took the time to walk me through the paperwork and answer my questions when needed.

I've been working with the company they have placed me with for almost two years now and thoroughly enjoy it. I would definitely recommend RRSI for anyone looking for a job in the Refrigeration Industry.
Pros
placed me with a company that fit me
Great recruitment service- Very informative and thorough
Office administrator (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAJanuary 17, 2014
RRSI is a recruitment service for the refrigeration industry. I noticed many people supplying reviews were referring to just one organization RRSI recruits for: Innovative Refrigeration. Innovative is a rapidly expanding company and needs qualified, motivated employees to continue down that path. There are several negative reviews on this site and I think that they are from people who were just bad fits for this type of organization. The job is demanding and requires employees that can focus and maintain a high level of organization and attention to detail. Yes, there are rules that employees need to follow. Talking on a cell phone for personal reasons while you are on the clock is not acceptable. When you get paid to do a job you are expected to do it and do it well. That being said, when you have an issue, management has an strong open door policy. You are welcome to come to them if there is a problem and they do listen. The recruiters from RRSI did an excellent job of describing the position and environment to me in full detail. I knew what to expect when I came to work here. They made sure I understood the hours and demands and asked me lots of strong, relevant questions to make sure they felt that I would be a good fit. There are great benefits and opportunity here for someone that works hard and sticks with it.
Pros
great 401k plan and other benefits, vacation, pay, etc...
Cons
demanding hours, deadlines can lead to stressful situations
Awfull place to work all about the production, no advancement
pipe welder fitter (Former Employee) –  Lyndhurst,Va.November 1, 2013
Bosses curse abuse authority and push you, very strict work place no talking, no smoking, no cell phones cannot leave work place at break dictatorship enviroment . beware and do not apply you will certainly regret your decision, the best part of the job was leaving to go home!
Pros
all the overtime you can stand
Cons
poor management, pay, company policies.

Comment – December 24, 2013

1. This is not a review of the recruitment service, but of the employer that hired you. 2. Smoking and cell phones should not be allowed in a weld shop or food-storage construction site. Construction is not the environment for everyone, safety is imperative, and in order to stay safe there must be rules. Advancement opportunities certainly exist, but if you can't/refuse to follow rules advancement won't be offered to you and you will be asked to go home.

Great Recruitment Agency
Electrical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAMay 27, 2014
I feel that RRSI placed me with a company that I can enjoy working for. RRSI made the hiring process simple for me.
After my interview with them I was offered my position in less than a week. This was very helpful for me because I was about to graduate and wanted to be able to begin right after College. RRSI helped me have a smooth transition. They provided me with very helpful advice while I was in the re-location process and they gave me an accurate description of the company that I became employed too.
Pros
quick hiring process, friendly and helpful staff
Worked for me!
Office Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaSeptember 19, 2013
RRSI is a recruiting company that helps people find jobs...don't worry, this is not a temp agency. The company they matched me with is a perfect fit. I applied online June, 2013, and in just a few weeks, started working for one of the companies they recruit for. They answered all my employment questions and helped me with my paperwork. I would definitely recommend RRSI to anyone looking for a permanent position in the refrigeration business whether it be in the construction side or the office side.
Pros
helpful and friendly
Cons
high technical expectation

Comment – November 15, 2013

The negative reviews above are a reflection of Innovative Refrigeration Systems which is one of the clients of RRSI. RRSI is a recruiting company that matches people with jobs. I was also placed with Innovative and I completely disagree with the negative comments listed above. If you work hard and do a good job, you are rewarded. If you don't, it's suggested that you find something else. It's that simple. Of course you can't smoke at a plant that services the food industry! Of course you can't use your cell phones while you're welding! If being around cursing offends you, then you need to work in a different industry. RRSI warned me ahead of time of the construction environment so no one should be surprised once they get here. This is not a daycare. This is a job. If you mess up, they tell you. You can either learn from your mistakes, work hard, and be successful, or not and walk away. It's your choice. The comments above are dramatic and unnecessary.

Plaved me with a terrible company
Insulator (Former Employee) –  San AntonioAugust 16, 2014
Insulator working for IRS in San Antonio in June 104 degrees on the roof. Working 12 hour days, no cell phones, 2 breaks off the roof. Came down with a medical issue that needed immediate hospitalization. They left me on the roof for 12 hours. Would not take me to the hotel or hospital. had to take a taxi to the hospital. There for 4 days and flew home. Welders getting sick from welding galvanize with no air changes. Terrible company.
Pros
going home
Cons
going there
Terrible company, Avoid at all cost
Fitter, welder insulator (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisNovember 29, 2013
RSSI recruits for Innovative Refrigeration from Lyndhurst Va,
Innovative is the worst company I have ever worked for. I stayed 6 weeks during that time I saw the worst form of harassment ever. The turn over is literally 100%. I personally heard the owner say he was proud of how many people he goes through every year. The work pace is frantic, safety is non existent. And you will never do enough. STAY AWAY.
Pros
leaving the company
Cons
total working environment
RRSI -- recruits for other companies -- good company to work with
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lyndhurst, VAFebruary 19, 2014
Full disclosure: RRSI is strictly a recruiting company for the refrigeration industry--I work for one of their clients, but I got the job through them.

They recruit fitters, welders, electricians, insulators, and laborers for companies who are outsourcing their hiring. They also occasionally bring in office staff, like me.

I got to know their recruiters pretty well during my interview process, and I occasionally work with RRSI to get people in the door at my company now, so I wanted to let people know what they're really in for if they apply with RRSI.

I began looking for work about six months ago. This company was one of the first ones to call me back after I submitted a resume, and they were consistently the easiest people to contact and speak with while I was searching for a new job in the area.

A big part of why I took the job I have now is because RRSI had everything organized and together for me, and they were able to get me into my position very quickly and with minimal stress.

I think the recruiters were great at making sure I always knew what the next step was in the job application process. They were able to interview me by phone, and then they set up an interview for me at the office where I work.

I did the standard "Thanks for the interview" email, and my recruiter actually responded a few minutes afterward, telling me that she had already spoken with the company about me. I did not have to wait long for a decision--they made me an offer within the next couple of days.

Getting into the company on my first day was really streamlined because they had worked
  more... with them as well to make sure I was all set up to hit the ground running. All in all, this was the easiest experience I've ever had getting a job at a large company.

Based on my experience both in getting this job, and in working with them to get other people jobs, they are always able to bring in people at fair levels of pay and with a really fast start date. I recommend checking out RRSI for anyone looking for a new job in the industry.
Pros
makes it easy to staff your company with good candidates.
Cons
not the same as the companies they hire for -- i think that confuses people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RRSI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9