RS Medical Employee Reviews

Stressful environment
Billing Lead/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 1, 2017
A typical day in the billing department was incredibly stressful. There was a quota to maintain and very few chances to miss the quota before disciplinary action was taken. This was regardless of the insurance payers that you were assigned..meaning you could have all payers that required preauthorization before you could bill and this would hold up your billing significantly. Management was not approachable and intimidating.

As for the customer service department, it was run like a well-oiled machine. There was a very detailed operations manual that was kept up to date and management was approachable. The culture between the two departments was very different.
A stressful and unorganized environment
Vice President, Sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 24, 2017
Company is going through significant change after many successful years in business. The leadership is unorganized and the strategy is not clearly defined.
very busy call center with good training and teamwork
Sr. Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 7, 2017
RS Medical was a wonderful place to work, close to home, easy managers that stood behind you and provided great support. Teamwork was very impotant work culture was positive.
Pros
Free soda
Cons
they laid us off
I was rehired last year and always enjoyed working there and with management
Executive Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 3, 2017
good and positive.

one of the better Companies I have worked for.

the company went through a down period based on changes in Ins. carriers, Medicaid, and Medicare, but held strong with targeted marketing at the VA Med. Centers and now the company is on a growth trend again
My day at RS Medical
Document imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 13, 2017
A typical day at work would consist of going to each department to pick up and deliver interpersonal, incoming and outgoing mail. I would also sort and organize incoming mail to prepare for document and image scanning.
Another job function involved processing HCFA 1500 Exception code claims.
These are HCFA claims that have a specific letter on them to show that the insurance company is requesting specific information be sent with the claim.
At times, I would assist in other departments when help was needed.
Assisting in other departments gave me the opportunity to learn their jobs.
As far as workplace culture, we were a large company and very diverse. We worked hard to be great team members.
The hardest part of my job would have been retrieving information in patient history records that was stored in the warehouse.
The most enjoyable part of my job was coming to work everyday and interacting with a great group of people. I gained many experiences during my employment at RS Medical
not a great place to work
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 26, 2017
We would get watched like we were in kindergarten. We were scolded for using the bathroom on non break times. ( i don't have a habit of doing this but when ya gotta go you gotta go). I saw management crouching behind desks to watch and listen to employees. We were not allowed to ask each other questions and we had question time once a week.but had very very high production. management and the owner was clueless. you only got far if you were a kiss up, One of the HEAD upper guys sons worked there. He did NASTY NASTY things under his desk and because he was the Son of upper management they would just move his desk.
Fabulous!
ElectroTherapist, Sales Associate/ (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 13, 2017
Management really helped us out on the frontline dealing with the patients. They flew us out to headquarters in Washington and gave all employees an update on company progress, new equipment. Great to feel very appreciated.
RS Medical is essential broke
IT (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 29, 2017
I worked for this company for almost ten years. Then the insurance companies would pay for there electro-therapy units and the company didn't adjust. Eventually 90% of the company got layed off including me. I wouldn't advise anyone to work there since there is not much left.
Productive and educational job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 27, 2016
A typical day at this day was driving around to multiple doctors office providing patients with my medical units. After I was finished with that I normally went and worked from home and turned in all of my orders.
Pros
Keeps you going constantly
Cons
it was only a summer opportunity for me
horrible place to work
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 14, 2015
worked there for 7 years,, finally got promoted even though the boss didnt like me... and that promotion facilitated my lay off.....
Fun work place not enough Project Management
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 16, 2015
The developers were use to running the show at this company. They were just starting to enhance their IT department with Project Management and BA's that could help interface with the client and evaluate and prioritize projects. This was fun because we got to build this out. It was challenging because we had push back from the veteran developers who had a hard time giving up control. Overtime we worked through this and it was a positive experience.
Pros
Management valued employees and Communication
Cons
Disorganized silos
Terrible Management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
The company was a great place to work at first. After change in management the company started cutting people that were organic to the development of business.
Turnaround
Director of Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 25, 2015
Evolving from DME bracing and electrotherapy to focus on Pain Management Physicians. Dynamic Management team trying to bring a lot of change very quickly. Excellent customer service.
Pros
Dynamic Work Environment
Cons
Declining Industry
RS was a good company to work for, but changes occured with insurances which led to diversification.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 3, 2015
RS Medical was a company that was thriving just before I was hired, then insurance changes inevitably had a great impact on the company. I was unaware of this fact when hired. RS made great effort to keep the Account Managers ahead of the changes by providing training with regards to insurances.
Due to the training I was able to hit the ground running. I became very well versed in what insurances I could and could not work with. Management was very pro active in the beginning (first year) then changes occurred and my manager became an Account Manager.
As an account manager I would call on physicians and fit patients with multiple products on a daily basis. I enjoyed interacting with the patients and providing them products that reduced their pain.
Pros
expense account, set my own schedule to an extent.
Cons
no company car, no gas card, constant insurance changes
A good company to work for.
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 11, 2015
A good company to work for. They made some changes that I think everyone there agrees probably shouldn't have been made. Which caused them a lot of business. All in all they are a good company to work for.
Pros
Always knew what was on the next days agenda, If changes were to be made everyone affected knew before hand.
Cons
They had to lay me off because two of the three buildings closed.
great employees
Billing/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 5, 2014
organize food for flights, loading and unloading flights, dealing with customers and work crew.
productive, customer service oriented.
Benefits Verification Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 10, 2014
I enjoyed working for RS Medial. I would have retired from RS Medical but unfortunately the economy, their decision to out source jobs overseas and company wide lay offs forced me to change those plans!
great product training provided by the company prepared me well for luncheons and product questioning.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 3, 2014
7 1/2 years with RS Medical gave me an excellent DME background and helped me to establish many medical accounts throughout west Texas. Management, coworkers, product........ couldn't have been better. In 2008, Medicare & BCBS quit covering specific products and that really turned the table on reimbursement and income potential. Fantastic company to work for, I got in on the good years!
Very good company to work for.
Warehouse agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 21, 2014
Work hard everyday and enjoy working environment.
Learned a lot of difference type of works and functions.
Very supportive.
I enjoy working with my co-workers.
There is nothing hard about the work duties and functions, everything is team work.
Working with good people and Company Holidays
Pros
Company Holidays and fuctions.
Cons
Team oriented workplace with good culture.
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 1, 2014
Good team oriented environment but difficult business climate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RS Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5