RS Medical

RS Medical Employee Reviews

Privately owned DME Company
Reimbursemrnt Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 18, 2013
RS Medical years ago was a great place to work, excellent benefits, but the advancement opportunities were not available. A typical day was assisting patients with the insurance claims, appealing denied claims and assisting insurance adjusters with preauthorizations, appeals and coding of the Durable Medical Equipment that we sold.I did learn a lot about insurances and how they worked and became proficient enough to handle mass appeals projects solo, bringing in $250,000 in revenue to the company in Medicare paid claims. I enjoyed working and talking with my patients and helping them with their claims, co pays and deductibles and the products that we sold. The hardest part was dealing with the very unhappy patients that often called in. Unfortunately they are now outsourced to the point that none of the employees that worked there for the last 20 years are there they have all been let go.
Pros
great benefits, 401k
Cons
bad business practices
Professional, motivating, supporting values, high expectations.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 14, 2013
I had worked for RS Medical for 13 years. It was a wonderful work place, close to home. Working condition were very nice. My Supervisor was one of the mosted compationate people I have ever met. She had nothing bad to say about anyone. She worked hand and hand with all of us, she found positive in everyone. RS Medical made promises they did not follow through with and that his my only complaint. After 10yr of employment I was promised a rolex watch and watched many receive this wonderful award by in January 2011 they had to postpone giving this award due to financial reasons, this was very disappointing because they turned around and honored the top Account Manager a BMW that was leased for a year.
Pros
close to home
Cons
didn't follow through with what i was promised
RS was a good company to work for, but changes occured with insurances which led to diversification.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 3, 2015
RS Medical was a company that was thriving just before I was hired, then insurance changes inevitably had a great impact on the company. I was unaware of this fact when hired. RS made great effort to keep the Account Managers ahead of the changes by providing training with regards to insurances.
Due to the training I was able to hit the ground running. I became very well versed in what insurances I could and could not work with. Management was very pro active in the beginning (first year) then changes occurred and my manager became an Account Manager.
As an account manager I would call on physicians and fit patients with multiple products on a daily basis. I enjoyed interacting with the patients and providing them products that reduced their pain.
Pros
expense account, set my own schedule to an extent.
Cons
no company car, no gas card, constant insurance changes
People oriented owners who cared for their employees.
AR Rep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 6, 2012
It's a fast paced DME company who has decided to outsource their billing.
I learned a great deal about all aspects of Medicare billing process for DME products. Most of the supervisors encouraged growth within the company and even most of the upper level management knew us by first name.
I had the pleasure of working with many dedicated coworkers who made the work place a more enjoyable place to work.
The hardest part of the job was the extra pressure at the end of the month to help the sales people meet their sales goals.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the social functions sponsored by management, such as barbeques once a month and the Christmas Parties.
When I worked at Rs Medical, the company seemed to care about it's employees.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 30, 2012
I found it difficult to advance at Rs Medical. It seemed that employees who moved up the ladder had friends in high places. The department that I worked in only had about 15 employees. It was near impossible to move up, because the manager only moved up her friends. I fear that that is part of the problem at Rs. I hear now that they will be outsourcing jobs to save money. Seems wrong to do in these economic times.
Pros
free coffee water soft drinks in break room, pay was good, excellent benefits
Cons
hard to move up, favortism was rampant

Comment – May 14, 2012

I am a former employee. I disagree with the comments regarding pay and benefits. RS Medical pay scale is several dollars below what other companies provide for similar positions. The health care insurance was quite expensive and it sucked. The free soda pop was removed from the break room.

Fun work place not enough Project Management
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 16, 2015
The developers were use to running the show at this company. They were just starting to enhance their IT department with Project Management and BA's that could help interface with the client and evaluate and prioritize projects. This was fun because we got to build this out. It was challenging because we had push back from the veteran developers who had a hard time giving up control. Overtime we worked through this and it was a positive experience.
Pros
Management valued employees and Communication
Cons
Disorganized silos
great product training provided by the company prepared me well for luncheons and product questioning.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 3, 2014
7 1/2 years with RS Medical gave me an excellent DME background and helped me to establish many medical accounts throughout west Texas. Management, coworkers, product........ couldn't have been better. In 2008, Medicare & BCBS quit covering specific products and that really turned the table on reimbursement and income potential. Fantastic company to work for, I got in on the good years!
A good company to work for.
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 11, 2015
A good company to work for. They made some changes that I think everyone there agrees probably shouldn't have been made. Which caused them a lot of business. All in all they are a good company to work for.
Pros
always knew what was on the next days agenda, if changes were to be made everyone affected knew before hand.
Cons
they had to lay me off because two of the three buildings closed.
Not a place to work if you care about people
DME Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 29, 2012
I feel that I wasted eight years working for a company that is only focused on profits. Management was not truthful with the employees and the jobs are now being outsourced to India in a time when American workers need jobs.
Pros
close to home
Cons
mid level, lower level management
Great Company - Sales finely tuned
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 11, 2013
I work closely with Medical offices and hospitals. My relationships are very strong with the Doctor/nurse and the rest of the clinic. Relationships in many areas including Pain Management, Neurology, Neurosurgey, Interventional Radiology, Orthopedics, Family Practice and PT clinics. Please see resume for further details.
Great work environment
Sales Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 26, 2012
I have worked for RS Medical for over 9 years and it has been a great company to work for very good work environment and great bonuses and compensation. I am leaving due to outsourcing or I would stay. My current position is going to end soon so I am starting my new career search
Pros
benefits, compensation and work environment
Cons
outsourcing
Aggresive sales postion for pain management and orthopedic clinics
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Bluefield, WV to Roanoke, VADecember 5, 2012
I service patients for pain and function solution products including electrotherapy products, bracing products and I make sales calls for capital equipment including ultrasound devices, Plattlet Rich Plasma and Procedure Tables. I enjoy being able to move from office to office providing pain managment and orthopedic products to patients in need.
M- F, Saturdays off by 1pm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 18, 2012
Call Center for Durable Medical, take calls from patients to order TENS device pads and Muscle stimulator devices as well. Troubleshoot device issues.
Pros
pot luck in cs pretty regularly
Cons
lots of changes and reorganizing
productive, customer service oriented.
Benefits Verification Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 10, 2014
I enjoyed working for RS Medial. I would have retired from RS Medical but unfortunately the economy, their decision to out source jobs overseas and company wide lay offs forced me to change those plans!
Working with a good product base
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 18, 2013
Sales & Marketing of RS Medical products. Cold calling on Physicians, Physical therapists and chiropractors. Presenting and selling the product to the Physician for immediate referral.
Pros
great commisions and schedule
Cons
insurance covered item; not paid most of the time
Very good company to work for.
Warehouse agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 21, 2014
Work hard everyday and enjoy working environment.
Learned a lot of difference type of works and functions.
Very supportive.
I enjoy working with my co-workers.
There is nothing hard about the work duties and functions, everything is team work.
Working with good people and Company Holidays
Pros
company holidays and fuctions.
Turnaround
Director of Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 25, 2015
Evolving from DME bracing and electrotherapy to focus on Pain Management Physicians. Dynamic Management team trying to bring a lot of change very quickly. Excellent customer service.
Pros
Dynamic Work Environment
Cons
Declining Industry
Highly productive / mirco managed
Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 25, 2013
RS Medical was my home for many years, I met and worked with many Great People and learned many things.
Pros
people
Cons
yearly reviews were rare in that past 5 years
Promises
Patient Care Specialist in DME (Current Employee) –  Eastern PASeptember 20, 2012
Okay company to get started with little advancement for certain areas. A lot of promises/ideas that fall through with no answers or why it didn't happen. Company going through a restructure.
Continually developing company
PCS (Former Employee) –  NationalJanuary 10, 2013
Continuous product roll outs. Lots of pt interactions. get to work from home.
Pros
good starting job
Cons
little room for advancing if you want to be an am