RS Medical Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and educational job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 27, 2016
A typical day at this day was driving around to multiple doctors office providing patients with my medical units. After I was finished with that I normally went and worked from home and turned in all of my orders.
Pros
Keeps you going constantly
Cons
it was only a summer opportunity for me
horrible place to work
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 14, 2015
worked there for 7 years,, finally got promoted even though the boss didnt like me... and that promotion facilitated my lay off.....
Terrible Management
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2015
The company was a great place to work at first. After change in management the company started cutting people that were organic to the development of business.
Turnaround
Director of Product Marketing (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 25, 2015
Evolving from DME bracing and electrotherapy to focus on Pain Management Physicians. Dynamic Management team trying to bring a lot of change very quickly. Excellent customer service.
Pros
Dynamic Work Environment
Cons
Declining Industry
RS was a good company to work for, but changes occured with insurances which led to diversification.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 3, 2015
RS Medical was a company that was thriving just before I was hired, then insurance changes inevitably had a great impact on the company. I was unaware of this fact when hired. RS made great effort to keep the Account Managers ahead of the changes by providing training with regards to insurances.
Due to the training I was able to hit the ground running. I became very well versed in what insurances I could and could not work with. Management was very pro active in the beginning (first year) then changes occurred and my manager became an Account Manager.
As an account manager I would call on physicians and fit patients with multiple products on a daily basis. I enjoyed interacting with the patients and providing them products that reduced their pain.
Pros
expense account, set my own schedule to an extent.
Cons
no company car, no gas card, constant insurance changes
A good company to work for.
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 11, 2015
A good company to work for. They made some changes that I think everyone there agrees probably shouldn't have been made. Which caused them a lot of business. All in all they are a good company to work for.
Pros
always knew what was on the next days agenda, if changes were to be made everyone affected knew before hand.
Cons
they had to lay me off because two of the three buildings closed.
great employees
Billing/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 5, 2014
organize food for flights, loading and unloading flights, dealing with customers and work crew.
productive, customer service oriented.
Benefits Verification Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 10, 2014
I enjoyed working for RS Medial. I would have retired from RS Medical but unfortunately the economy, their decision to out source jobs overseas and company wide lay offs forced me to change those plans!
great product training provided by the company prepared me well for luncheons and product questioning.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMarch 3, 2014
7 1/2 years with RS Medical gave me an excellent DME background and helped me to establish many medical accounts throughout west Texas. Management, coworkers, product........ couldn't have been better. In 2008, Medicare & BCBS quit covering specific products and that really turned the table on reimbursement and income potential. Fantastic company to work for, I got in on the good years!
Very good company to work for.
Warehouse agent (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 21, 2014
Work hard everyday and enjoy working environment.
Learned a lot of difference type of works and functions.
Very supportive.
I enjoy working with my co-workers.
There is nothing hard about the work duties and functions, everything is team work.
Working with good people and Company Holidays
Pros
company holidays and fuctions.
Team oriented workplace with good culture.
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 1, 2014
Good team oriented environment but difficult business climate.
Professional, motivating, supporting values, high expectations.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 14, 2013
I had worked for RS Medical for 13 years. It was a wonderful work place, close to home. Working condition were very nice. My Supervisor was one of the mosted compationate people I have ever met. She had nothing bad to say about anyone. She worked hand and hand with all of us, she found positive in everyone. RS Medical made promises they did not follow through with and that his my only complaint. After 10yr of employment I was promised a rolex watch and watched many receive this wonderful award by in January 2011 they had to postpone giving this award due to financial reasons, this was very disappointing because they turned around and honored the top Account Manager a BMW that was leased for a year.
Pros
close to home
Cons
didn't follow through with what i was promised
Highly productive / mirco managed
Senior Revenue Cycle Analyst (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 25, 2013
RS Medical was my home for many years, I met and worked with many Great People and learned many things.
Pros
people
Cons
yearly reviews were rare in that past 5 years
days were very busy, which I loved
Order Processor / Administrator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAOctober 10, 2013
Most enjoyable part of the job was that is was very competitive
Enjoyed working there and learned a lot about billing.
Benefits Verification Rep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAAugust 29, 2013
This was a great place to work! Enjoyed the work environment and the people that I worked with.
Privately owned DME Company
Reimbursemrnt Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 18, 2013
RS Medical years ago was a great place to work, excellent benefits, but the advancement opportunities were not available. A typical day was assisting patients with the insurance claims, appealing denied claims and assisting insurance adjusters with preauthorizations, appeals and coding of the Durable Medical Equipment that we sold.I did learn a lot about insurances and how they worked and became proficient enough to handle mass appeals projects solo, bringing in $250,000 in revenue to the company in Medicare paid claims. I enjoyed working and talking with my patients and helping them with their claims, co pays and deductibles and the products that we sold. The hardest part was dealing with the very unhappy patients that often called in. Unfortunately they are now outsourced to the point that none of the employees that worked there for the last 20 years are there they have all been let go.
Pros
great benefits, 401k
Cons
bad business practices
Working with a good product base
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 18, 2013
Sales & Marketing of RS Medical products. Cold calling on Physicians, Physical therapists and chiropractors. Presenting and selling the product to the Physician for immediate referral.
Pros
great commisions and schedule
Cons
insurance covered item; not paid most of the time
Was struggling during my time
Sales Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAFebruary 12, 2013
The company was downsizing a lot during my time there in 2008 as the economy sunk. Good company though with great people.
Great Company - Sales finely tuned
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 11, 2013
I work closely with Medical offices and hospitals. My relationships are very strong with the Doctor/nurse and the rest of the clinic. Relationships in many areas including Pain Management, Neurology, Neurosurgey, Interventional Radiology, Orthopedics, Family Practice and PT clinics. Please see resume for further details.
Continually developing company
PCS (Former Employee) –  NationalJanuary 10, 2013
Continuous product roll outs. Lots of pt interactions. get to work from home.
Pros
good starting job
Cons
little room for advancing if you want to be an am

2.4