RSC Equipment Rental Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Norco, LAAugust 7, 2017
I felt like everyone but me was in a click with this company. I would here conversations about them going on weekend excursions with each other; of course I was never invited.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
highly unprofessional
former employee
Onsite Refinery Manager/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 24, 2017
company is now United Rentals, good company to work for at the time. Had my own issues with management but was a good company overall. Would recommend company to friend.
Good people to work with
OUTSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKJune 15, 2017
Company was bought out shortly after I started. Delaying the opening of a new store here in Elk City. Therefore, I started with Troy Jones Equipment.
Pros
Staff
Cons
RIg Sites
Company sold
District Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2017
RSC was purchased by United. I fortunately left prior to this. RSC was a great company with a culture that was superior to their new leadership. Very customer service focused and well led company.
Great team
Business Marketing (Former Employee) –  Milan, PAMarch 3, 2017
Great line of work, lots of fun and new adventures everyday with a very busy industry, very welcoming to a women coming into a business with all men.
Miss the culture
Territory Manager-Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMarch 2, 2017
Exciting opportunities and recognition for accomplishments.
I learned that exceeding customer expectations was more important than making a high peak on a revenue chart. The customer was a high priority, along with God & family.
I loved my job, the customer relationships that were established, and the product & company that I represented.
Pros
Structure, Culture, Compensation, Reward
Cons
Adding too many sales people in a territory and saturating the market
Terrible
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 22, 2016
Not very good place to work. No wonder they are no longer in business. Upper management micromanaged local offices to the point that it created friction amongst all.
Great training and fun work place.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 3, 2016
My position was to only review and enter the rental invoices from our vendors. I learned about rental contracts. As co-workers, we all got along and had a highly productive and accurate department. Month end was stressful getting in all the invoices possible for closing. The little things the department did to make each day enjoyable.
Pros
The benefits healthcare, 401K. No long commute.
Cons
None.
Good place to work.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCAugust 24, 2016
Very good place to work with excellent benefits. They kept good equipment. Good management and co-workers. It was a peaceful and enjoyable day at work.
Pros
brought truck home all the time.
busy work place with late model equipment.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 31, 2016
I worked at RSC Equipment Rental for 8 years,a typical day started with morning delivery's of rental equipment usually followed by pick up of equipment that was off rent. I would load and unload equipment using a three axle truck and 45 foot trailer with a hydraulic ramp. I learned to operate and make small repairs on many types of machines also having previous experience with heavy equipment operation and maintenance. Management was fair, I never had issues with management. Co-workers was the same everyone was usually focused on their task, over all it was professional group. No part of my job was very difficult i enjoy being around trucks and equipment, i believe safety falls along with respect for the machines you are working with.
Pros
quarterly bonus and paid time off.
Cons
occasionally would have to deliver in areas not meant for heavy trucks.
Great place
Heavy Mobile Equipment repairer (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 8, 2016
Receive work orders and conduct repairs as needed. Troubleshoot equipment and apply theory. Follow manufacturers specificatiosn
Pros
great environment
Cons
Ned room for growth
Fun place to work, mamagement can be excessive
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOFebruary 5, 2016
Fun friendly place to work with good pay and benefits. Management can be a bit over demanding and micro managing. If you can deal with the occasional over managing this is a great place to work.
Pros
Fun team atmosphere.
Cons
Managers tend to be over dominant.
Fun Place to Work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but they care about how you grow as a person. Not too much red tape and politics.
good
Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 9, 2015
Nice comapny to work for, the yard I worked for was shut down and the whole yard was laid off, but i enjoyed my time there. Good pay and good benefits.
Territory Manager
SALES TERRITORY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIApril 1, 2015
Territory manager in the Metro Milwaukee area. Company purchased by United Rentals. Good products to rent, quality promotional materials.
Great place to work!
Sr. Corporate Travel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 11, 2015
Great work environment where you always felt appreciated. Great pay and benefit package with adequate vacation and sick time. Was very happy working with team.
Great Crew
Senoir Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Safford, AZFebruary 1, 2015
I learned a lot working there and enjoyed working with the people there . every time I tried to move up something would get in my way . when you are good at something they don't want you to move.
no longer in existence
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 1, 2015
This was a great company and was the best 9.5 years of my life. I moved around the country and was able to start my family with them. They were bought out and I was laid off but if they were still in existence I would be back in a heartbeat
Pros
trabel, co vehicle
Cons
hours..after hours calls
Great upper management team, poor Branch management.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2014
Train customers in equipment usage.
Prepare customer quotations and arrange credit and payment terms.
Work local trade shows.
Call on both industrial and construction jobsites as well as offices.
Pros
Great customer base to mine.
Cons
Very poor local branch management.
This was a very fast pace job
Mechanic Shop and Field Tec (Former Employee) –  Westlake, LAJuly 17, 2014
Get to work have morning safety meeting then start our work day. We had a lot of rental equipment so there was always something broken. When a call came threw on a peace of equipment that was not ready, you would have to drop what you were doing and get it ready. A nice thing was you had someone to get the parts needed to get the equipment ready. The hardest part of the job was the back order on parts and the rental lose. The most enjoyable part was the ability to use the equipment when you needed it if there was no rent for it.