Rsi Home Products

Rsi Home Products Employer Reviews

Constant Change.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CA.October 8, 2014
Pros: lots of o.t.
Cons: lots of o.t.
Very fast paced... Constant change...

Best part, was I was able to organize our parts and ordering system.
A dysfunctional place to work
Former employee (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCAugust 2, 2014
Pros: i can't think of any.
Cons: the management mind set.
RSI is a very dysfunctional place to work. There is a pervasive sickness that flows from the very top down through middle-management and onto the production floor.

There are some who try to do their best, but the culture is so sick, and broken it eventually breaks their spirit.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY, ESPECIALLY AS A DISTRICT MANAGER!!!
District Manager (Current Employee), Honolulu, HIJune 16, 2014
Pros: car, gas
Cons: too many
-55-60 hour work weeks, no matter what they say in interviews. NOT worth a salary in the low to mid 30's/vehicle/task bonus. Other cabinet companies are paid $15K-$20K more annually, plus bonus and vehicle.
-People in Home Depot and Lowes both HATE RSI and their products. RSI products constantly arrive at the stores damaged, and DM's have to deal with – more... the damage on a daily basis. RSI management says that "Other vendors products arrive damaged, too." NO, THEY DO NOT. That's why designers/expeditors prefer to sell American Woodmark, Kraft Maid, and others.
-District Managers are the most micro-managed "sales people" in retail.
-Continuous tasks that make absolutely no sense(Lowes Dare to Compares). 99% of people have already seen this presentation. DM's are also forced to beg people in stores to sign a piece of paper that says they received a PK.
-RSI management continues to use a business model that they used when Rep groups took care of their products. They had to keep track of time spent on RSI products, vs other Rep Group products. They now have their own employees, and they should focus more on increasing sales, not collecting the same data every couple of weeks. The STUPID people that run RSI focus on time spent in stores, in specific data sheets, rather than increasing sales. – less
Very strong culture - highly successful company
Sr Manager of Product Engineering (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAMay 19, 2014
Pros: good work is noticed and rewarded
Cons: work life balance is talked about, but its up to you to do it
RSI is a very successful manufacturer in Anaheim California, Charlotte NC and Dallas Texas. The company is extremely hardworking and entrepreneurial. People who work hard and provide results are moved up quickly and rewarded well. The most difficult part of the job is the volume of work expected, but the flip side of that is that you have a definite – more... control over your development and growth. RSI gives you as much rope as you ask for, just be careful, you can hang yourself with it – less
Drive Sales in a big box retailiers
District Manager (Current Employee), Mesa, AZApril 10, 2014
o Manage sales plan for 60 big box retail locations in three states.
o Met and worked with Home Depot and Lowes RMM, DM’s and store managers to establish open lines of communication for all Sales and merchandising needs.
o Met with store management to create new opportunities for our product line.
o Train and conduct product knowledge classes for Home – more... Depot and Lowes associates.
o Worked with Home Depot and Lowes service teams to insure merchandising standards are maintained.
o Conducted in-home customer inspections
o Ordered and maintained POS and POP material.
o Interact with customers, showing customer the features and benefits of our products.
o Conduct weekend sales events. – less
Vary Poor Management
Team Leader (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCFebruary 23, 2014
Cons: every aspect of the company
RSI in Lincolnton NC. Is not a very desirable company to work for.

Very poor management and practices
Just a job.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAOctober 7, 2013
Pros: overtime
Cons: no job security
No Future. Hire at will Agreement must be signed before employment
Productive and Manufacturing Driven company
Product Coordinator (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAJune 3, 2013
Pros: laid back culture
Cons: management, communication, benefits
A very engineered driven company that focuses on Manufacturing. You learn a lot in a short period of time. You are able to speak your mind to everyone in the company.
Convenient place to work. Excellent for beginning careers. Great Stepping stone.
Senior A/P Specialist (Current Employee), Anaheim, CAFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: cool people
Cons: no promotional opportunities, no movement for growth, low pay increases, minimal to no advancement
Day to day duties do not change for my position. There is no challenge or skill testing. I was very experienced when I joined this company so my skill level has been mostly lateral. Management involves very friendly and nice folks but an overhaul is necessary. There needs to be more interest in what each desk is doing and more streamlining with managers – more... processes and decision making. My teammates are ideal and easy to get along with. My favorite part of my job are my co-workers, they make the environment pleasant. – less
OK
Facility Maintenance Lead (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCDecember 30, 2012
Over worked sometimes working any where from 60hrs. to 80 hrs. a week just depends. Does not give a family man time to have a life out side of work
It was a ok place to work till company was bought then no one was sure about their job.
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee), Coffeyville, KSJuly 15, 2012
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: bad listening skills
It was good company for the most parrt some buildinng issues.
Worst job I have ever had.
Line Lead (Former Employee), Maiden/Lincolnton, NCJuly 5, 2012
Pros: overtime was abundant if you wanted it, and job security was there if you were a hard worker.
Cons: just read my review. i think i covered them thoroughly.
compensation/benefits: I was lied to about the pay I would receive for the position. When I received my first check, I was being paid more than a dollar less an hour than promised, and HR would do nothing to fix this issue.
culture/values: The employees that worked in the department made most days bearable. The companies culture and values were strictly – more... based on the bottom dollar and not the welfare of their employees.
job security/advancement: If you are a hard worker, you never have to worry about losing your job. I never once thought I would be without a check. The opportunities for advancement were limited. I did work my way to line lead, but was never given any compensation for the increase of my responsibilities.
management: The management was a revolving door, and they never seemed to promote from within. In one year, I went through 6 or 7 different supervisors. Most of the supervisors quit. I do not remember any getting fired if that tells you anything.
work/life balance: If you want overtime, it is to be had. My department was mandated to working 6 days a week. We did not work the same hours every week. Some weeks we worked 6, 8 hour shifts, some weeks we worked 6, 10 hour shifts, and some weeks we worked 6, 12 hour shifts. I really had no family life because of the job.

I worked there as long as I could stand to. Many of my friends worked there as well as some family members. They also left as soon as possible. I would never recommend taking a position at the particular plant I worked at. – less
Cabinet Factory
Mirror Builder (Former Employee), Columbus, KSJune 20, 2012
Pros: liked my job
Cons: management and having to do 2 jobs
Build and box mirrors the hardest part of the job was when they downsized and having to do 2 jobs but enjoyed building mirrors
Manufacturing (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCMay 15, 2012
great place to work like the people Thar and the boss man is nice
very safe and fun place to work
Parts Manager (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAApril 4, 2012
Pros: safety bonus's
Cons: short breaks
work lots of over time, fast work inviroment union work invirment
Scary and dangerous place to work.
Process Improvement Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCMarch 18, 2012
Pros: employment
Cons: dangerous
By design a place to work if you are illiterate of cannot speak english. Worker's Compsnsation claims shielded by hiring temporary employment and using the agency as a liason for claims. Fair to poor quality product due to lack of good training and constant push for production regualrdless of outcome.
productive and friendly work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee), Anaheim, CADecember 11, 2011
Pros: health and long-term financial benefits, company sponsored lunches for meetings, holidays, etc.
Cons: short lunch breaks
Managers, supervisors, and other department heads at RSI Home Products are productive, efficient and fair. Every employee is happy, hard-working and work well together as a team. The working areas from cubicals to the warehouse are clean, organized, pleasant and uplifting. Compensation and benefits are very generous. It is genuily a pleasure and a privilege – more... to work for such a warm environment. – less
excelente ambiente laboral
Supervisor de Produccion (Former Employee), Tijuana, BCNNovember 3, 2014
excelentes evaluaciones ambiente de trabajo trato para el personal en genera
es un trabajo poco estable
encargado de almacen (Former Employee), Tijuana, BCNAugust 12, 2013
es de pende de cada sucursal y cada gerente pero en si los que la riegan es el supervisor y los meros jefes de altos rangos
Trabajo intenso, inestable volumen de ventas causa una alta rotación ( Es algo típico de este tipo de empresas)
Superintendente de Manufactura (Former Employee), Tijuana, BCNFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: trabajo intenso
Cons: inestable volumen de ventas
Un típico de producción en RSI inicia en llegar temprano ser el ejemplo , revisión de la maquinaria , personal, materiales y métodos disponibles para la obtención de los métricos de seguridad primero cero accidentes, excelente calidad , eficiencia mayor al 98% y aplicación de mejoras continuas al proceso.
El personal es muy aplicado en la búsqueda de – more... la obtención de los métricos.
El personal de soporte como Ingeniera , Q.A, Materiales ,Compras, RH. son gente comprometida con su labor.

Lo mas difícil es la adaptación del personal a los cambios de volúmenes de producción altos, bajos ,altos.

Es un proceso retador donde se tiene que aprender y adaptarse rápido. – less