Rsi Home Products Employee Reviews in United States

Average place to work
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 1, 2015
Normally busy on a daily basis, specially during payroll closing time.

I learn the utilization of the HRIS system.

Good management.

Great co-workers.

The challenge to accomplish all the job on the payroll days.

The schedule, the co-workers, my office, the constant communication with the employment agencies, the customer service to the employees,
Pros
Company events
Cons
expesive health care
Consistent Work
Inventory Control Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCSeptember 24, 2015
Company always has work but tends to overwork people. Has some good points but does not do well with promoting from within.
Productive, hands on job.
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Island, New YorkJune 10, 2015
Meet with store managers to improve sales. Train employees on our products and look for potential sales opportunities. One person per region, so i am on my own all day, every day.
Very demanding work environment
Assembly Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMay 15, 2015
Very difficult culture to work; unrealistic expectations; demanding work with very average pay; very high turnover, too much OT/Saturday work
Pros
growing market; growth opportunities
Cons
balance of work and life
Management is required to work a lot of hrs.
Mill / RTF Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton North CarolinaApril 22, 2015
Supervisors and above work on average 10 to 12 hrs per day including Saturdays.

Rsi is willing to provide training whether internal or external for almost anything you need to know to perform your job or for advancement.

Management has been unsteady and there has been a high turnover of Plant managers and floor supervisors over the past few years.

The core group of supervisors and managers that have been at RSI for a while are a great group of people to work with.

The hardest part of the job is the hrs required to work. There is not a lot of room for making plans on the weekends.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the hourly employees. There is a great group of hourly employees that have worked at RSI a while and after a while they become like family.
Pros
RSI management from Anaheim is a great group of people
Cons
Hrs worked daily
Lots of opportunities to learn, but nowhere to go
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCApril 2, 2015
A typical day in the shipping office at RSI is very busy. We work a minimum of 9 hours a day, 6 days a week. I have learned a lot working in the office, such as how to work with excel and our various software programs. I have learned most of everyone else in the office's job and yet I have no room for advancement. The management vary from day to day. They can be very nice and easy to get along with one day, and the next day they can be strict and very childish. There are definitely issues in the office with favoritism and harassment between the employees and management. The hardest part of my job there is getting through the day without feeling harassed or unwelcome. I thoroughly enjoy my actual job that I do. I very much enjoy my work and would love to continue working there, without the personal problems that out weigh the love of the job.
Pros
Vacation time, company picnics and fairs, bcbs heath insurance, lots of overtime
Cons
Harassment between employees, unprofessional management
Loader (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCMarch 22, 2015
From my experience working at RSI I can tell you that they offer great benefits as far as insurance and 401(k). I do think that the pay could be better.
Worst company to work as a sales representative, or district manager
District Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 6, 2015
All the bad things said about RSI are true. Definitely 55-60 hr work weeks as said by someone. Very abusive sales management team.
Injured during a cabinet aisle reset, I went for physical therapy. My regional manager, or his boss, phoned the clinic to ask if they could change my appointment to the last one of the day, so I could be in stores as much as possible. This was probably illegal on their part. I had already booked the last appointment of the day. I came very close to talking to an attorney, but somehow they would've found a way to terminate me. The only thing they care about is spending as much time in stores as possible, rather than concentrating on tasks that generate sales. The people at the top of this company who are justifying the worth of a sales force based on time spent in stores should not be running a company. Manufacturers reps working at store level need to have flexibility to do their job....which in most companies is to increase sales. But NOT at RSI. In store reps collect data all day, which is almost never used, and clock in/clock out with I-Pads. Driving a truck is a better job than working at RSI.
Pros
car
Cons
all of the above.
Okay place to work.
Outbound Product Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCOctober 20, 2014
I enjoy the job but it is very hard working somewhere that I know I don't have the opportunity to move forward.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
no advancement opportunities
Constant Change.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CA.October 8, 2014
Very fast paced... Constant change...

Best part, was I was able to organize our parts and ordering system.
Pros
lots of o.t.
Cons
lots of o.t.
A dysfunctional place to work
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCAugust 2, 2014
RSI is a very dysfunctional place to work. There is a pervasive sickness that flows from the very top down through middle-management and onto the production floor.

There are some who try to do their best, but the culture is so sick, and broken it eventually breaks their spirit.
Pros
i can't think of any.
Cons
the management mind set.
Do not work for this company, especially as a district manager!!!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 16, 2014
-55-60 hour work weeks, no matter what they say in interviews. NOT worth a salary in the low to mid 30's/vehicle/task bonus. Other cabinet companies are paid $15K-$20K more annually, plus bonus and vehicle.
-People in Home Depot and Lowes both HATE RSI and their products. RSI products constantly arrive at the stores damaged, and DM's have to deal with the damage on a daily basis. RSI management says that "Other vendors products arrive damaged, too." NO, THEY DO NOT. That's why designers/expeditors prefer to sell American Woodmark, Kraft Maid, and others.
-District Managers are the most micro-managed "sales people" in retail.
-Continuous tasks that make absolutely no sense(Lowes Dare to Compares). 99% of people have already seen this presentation. DM's are also forced to beg people in stores to sign a piece of paper that says they received a PK.
-RSI management continues to use a business model that they used when Rep groups took care of their products. They had to keep track of time spent on RSI products, vs other Rep Group products. They now have their own employees, and they should focus more on increasing sales, not collecting the same data every couple of weeks. The STUPID people that run RSI focus on time spent in stores, in specific data sheets, rather than increasing sales.
Pros
car, gas
Cons
too many
Very strong culture - highly successful company
Sr Manager of Product Engineering (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 19, 2014
RSI is a very successful manufacturer in Anaheim California, Charlotte NC and Dallas Texas. The company is extremely hardworking and entrepreneurial. People who work hard and provide results are moved up quickly and rewarded well. The most difficult part of the job is the volume of work expected, but the flip side of that is that you have a definite control over your development and growth. RSI gives you as much rope as you ask for, just be careful, you can hang yourself with it
Pros
good work is noticed and rewarded
Cons
work life balance is talked about, but its up to you to do it
Drive Sales in a big box retailiers
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZApril 10, 2014
o Manage sales plan for 60 big box retail locations in three states.
o Met and worked with Home Depot and Lowes RMM, DM’s and store managers to establish open lines of communication for all Sales and merchandising needs.
o Met with store management to create new opportunities for our product line.
o Train and conduct product knowledge classes for Home Depot and Lowes associates.
o Worked with Home Depot and Lowes service teams to insure merchandising standards are maintained.
o Conducted in-home customer inspections
o Ordered and maintained POS and POP material.
o Interact with customers, showing customer the features and benefits of our products.
o Conduct weekend sales events.
Vary Poor Management
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCFebruary 23, 2014
RSI in Lincolnton NC. Is not a very desirable company to work for.

Very poor management and practices
Cons
every aspect of the company
Just a job.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAOctober 7, 2013
No Future. Hire at will Agreement must be signed before employment
Pros
overtime
Cons
no job security
Productive and Manufacturing Driven company
Product Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 3, 2013
A very engineered driven company that focuses on Manufacturing. You learn a lot in a short period of time. You are able to speak your mind to everyone in the company.
Pros
laid back culture
Cons
management, communication, benefits
Convenient place to work. Excellent for beginning careers. Great Stepping stone.
Senior A/P Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 22, 2013
Day to day duties do not change for my position. There is no challenge or skill testing. I was very experienced when I joined this company so my skill level has been mostly lateral. Management involves very friendly and nice folks but an overhaul is necessary. There needs to be more interest in what each desk is doing and more streamlining with managers processes and decision making. My teammates are ideal and easy to get along with. My favorite part of my job are my co-workers, they make the environment pleasant.
Pros
cool people
Cons
no promotional opportunities, no movement for growth, low pay increases, minimal to no advancement
Ok
Facility Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCDecember 30, 2012
Over worked sometimes working any where from 60hrs. to 80 hrs. a week just depends. Does not give a family man time to have a life out side of work
It was a ok place to work till company was bought then no one was sure about their job.
Maintenance Lead (Former Employee) –  Coffeyville, KSJuly 15, 2012
It was good company for the most parrt some buildinng issues.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
bad listening skills