RSM McGladrey, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and fun work place.
Customer Service Representative/Verifications (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 7, 2015
Our office always worked hard together to get jobs done. Fun place to work with supportive co-workers. I enjoyed working flex hours with a part-time schedule.
Productive, great to their employees
Support Finance Accounting (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 4, 2015
Management is wonderful. I would recommend working at RSM. You will work independently and as a team. Benefits are great. Would recommend to college grads and working mothers.
Very button down in attitude not dress
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2015
Very conservative in its thought process. Not very open to new ideas. The atmosphere is better now since the economy has improved.
Pros
business casual
Cons
not open to new ideas
Supervisor, Risk Management Consulting Group (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 30, 2014
On a typical day I would travel to a clients office to perform an audit.
Pros
i was to audit various types of business entities.
Cons
none.
Good Benefits and Bonus structure
Supervisor Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2014
challenging work at a diverse selection of clients and travel to great cities
Conveniet work schedule
Senior Consultant IT Packaged Solutions (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 10, 2014
- worked from Home
- On site at client during project implementation
Pros
comfortable work schedule
Cons
no team environment
Functioned like accounting firm, not HR consulting firm
Director, Strategy & Human Capital (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WisconsinAugust 28, 2014
Management was self absorbed and primarily focused on maintaining or elevating their own position. Activities were dependent on client project parameters. Most enjoyable activities were interactions with client staff and solving client issues.
Pros
good client base.
Cons
difficulty in retaining client focus.
Fun Job
FDIC Receivership Assistance Contactor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2014
• Extracted FDIC Commercial Loan documents that was scanned and saved in pdf and tif format under various Receivership folders, then indexed the loan documents for the IntraLinks System for Investor review for upcoming FDIC Commercial Loan Sale.
• Review of pay histories which included computing the number of times each Commercial Loan in the pool that had late pays over 30, 60 or 90 days during the past twelve months.
• Tasked to RSM McGladrey’s Chicago office for FDIC Commercial Due Diligence Project on 01/03/2011.
• Performed all aspects of credit and appraisal analysis with heavy emphasis on manual underwriting of difficult/complex loans. Ensure compliance with appropriate purchasing investor underwriting guidelines/standards.
• Responsible for quality control audits and fraud prevention.
• Reviewed BPO’s, AVM’s and Field Reviews and performed second level reviews on loans.
• Negotiated with former bank customers on compromises, short sales, deed in lieu, modifications and extensions by following FDIC policy and writing “cases” for approval.
• 100% of cases presented to the FDIC were approved.
• Tasked with moving from the Single Family Residential Real Estate Area upon completion of assisting and working with former bank customers with their existing mortgages and Underwriting all outstanding Mortgage Loan Applications to the Loan Operations Division
• Performed the functions necessary to provide the FDIC pertinent data from proprietary systems (PV, FACTS and Case Tracking – RAC Project).
• Trained RAC personnel on completing a case in FACTS (FDIC Automated Corporate Tracking
  more... System). Also, trained Former Bank Employees and RAC Personnel on how to process Payment Vouchers. Conducted three (3) training classes for processing Payment Vouchers.
• Created a Case Tracking and Payment Voucher Spreadsheet Log needed to provide current status of all Cases and Payment Vouchers. Composed “procedure guidelines” for FACTS, Case Tracking and Payment Voucher processing.
Consultant/Auditor
Senior Accountant/Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2014
Depending on client I had two wear various "hats".
Learned a lot and had good work/life balance
Pros
good life/work balance
Cons
limited as far as career advancement
Great company
Temporary Career Transitions Coach (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2014
I worked for McGladrey for 9 years in Schaumburg, Illinois and another couple of years in New York City. Steady career progression with lots of room for growth.
Professional and friendly co-workers
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 9, 2014
This company has a professional environment, conservative, recognizes the importance of family and co-workers are easy to work with. They promote growth and advancement on employee's career. I have grown and learned a lot of different types of industries and their tax implications. They always challenge my ability to deliver, which I loved. The hardest part of the job were tax deadlines but I am able to meet them. And finally, the most enjoyable part of my job was when co-workers help each other to meet the deadlines and client demands.
Perform examinations and regulatory consulting services
Insurance Compliance Consultant - Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 13, 2013
Perform examinations and regulatory consulting services for state insurance departments and industry. Interpret and apply state and federal laws, develop examination plans and budgets, manage projects and prepare reports to include corrective action recommendations.
OK to work at
Financial Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 19, 2013
Limited advancement opportunities. I would not recommend working here.
Classic Consulting - Overwork and travel to gain valuable experience
Manager, Technology Risk Management Services (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2013
RSM McGladrey is a good place to start your career. After years of travel you may choose to exit and get the job you want
Pros
exposure
Cons
management expectation and travel
RAC Work
Lead Asset Manager (Former Employee) –  Greeley COMay 28, 2013
Wenn the project is underway they are great to work with, they do what they say they are going to and the check hits the bank on time every time. I have not worked with them since the project ended and they have not called me to work. long bench time between jobs. dont stop looking for perminanat employment.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
contract work and sparse jobs
Newly created job, unstable
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 3, 2012
Developing operations department. newly created job, was unstable. Management was inexperienced. Co-worker was inexperienced
Pros
free lunched, not tied to a phone que/schedule
Cons
newly created job...unstable
Working with many talented and energetic staff in supoort of the tax and audit teams to ensure timely and quality reports for our clients.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 12, 2012
Typically my job was to insure that cleint tax returns and audit reports were produce and ready for distribution to our clients on a very timely basis.
I supervised a staff of 15 administrative professionals who were support personnel for partners and directors and made sure they were able to perform and complete their assignments on a timely basis so as to meet client require expectations.
I had the privledge of working for some f the best managers of my career alonf with a dedicated support staff.
The hardest part of my job was, at times, juggling conflicting deadlines, but at the same time provided an opportunity to excel.
The most enjoyable part of my job was arriving at work every day knowing that another challenging day was ahead.

2.9