RSM Employee Reviews

Typical accounting firm with little interest in employees other than the employee's' ability to generate revenue for partners
Senior Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2017
Same as summary and additionally management did not support associates when needed and would not back up employees that acted in the best interest of the client.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
Partners back stab associates for their own personal gain
There Are Much Better Accounting Firms
Tax Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 22, 2017
Overworked, senior management doesn't care, and you receive no guidance. Absolutely no training whatsoever here. No privacy. Micromanagement. No way to win without being cut throat.
Typical public accounting setting
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJune 20, 2017
Strap in and be prepared to go through the hustle and bustle of public accounting. I worked in audit for RSM (which was McGladrey at the time) and did not enjoy my time there. To each their own, but I honestly should have not been an auditor from the start--like many others it just wasn't for me. The people were great, upper management treated me and others well, but if you don't like the work/have trouble understanding the clients and what to do you will NOT succeed. This mainly wasn't anyone's fault but my own---it was clear I did not want to be there during/after busy season and I had to get out after a short year with the firm. Most people can cope with this atmosphere but I, and certainly others I have spoken to, can not.
I never worked at RSM
not a computer systems technician, (Former Employee) –  No LocationJune 19, 2017
So, it's pretty hard to give a review of a company that I never worked for and it's requiring 150 characters here so that I can post my profile on line. There.
great place to work
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New Bern, NCJune 14, 2017
great place to advance your abilities
will help you get an education
very business oriented
hardest part of the job is not being able to advance
long work hours
This was a great place to work.
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Morehead City, NCJune 5, 2017
This was a great place to work. The management and staff work together as a team to accomplish a common goal to meet customers needs to get the job done.
Coldest, most sterile CPA firm ever
Auditor for national CPA firm (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 2, 2017
No personal items on your desk, no personal items on your walls, cups must have lids at all times, no talking in the hallways, kitchen police are vicious, no coffee in the afternoons per kitchen police.
Pros
Cons
See below
Productive workplace with a healthy workplace culture.
National Industry Program Director (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 30, 2017
Enjoyed my time with this company. I was given many opportunities to grow and advance in my career and enjoyed the flexible work arrangements made available when I had to relocate.
Every man for himself
Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 26, 2017
Very disorganized management structure and it seems its an every man for himself type of company. Little to no guidance in the upper management chain. Fires individuals for no good reason and sometimes very abruptly
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Excellent Accounting Firm
Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 25, 2017
Interim assignment to assist in year-end audit of major client. Excellent communication and teamwork stressed throughout the organization. Professional and supportive in all functions and roles.
Intern
Audit Intern (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 25, 2017
What stuck out to me is how negative some of the workers are. As an intern, I came in expecting most of the employees there to like their job and to be positive in a stressful environment. I was wrong. I experienced lots of gossip, people complaining about their pay, and negativity about certain work assignments. There are some great workers there, but unfortunately there also just as many bad ones. RSM seems like it was a good firm when it was Cole and Reed, but ever since the change to RSM a lot of the workers seem bitter. Lastly, when it came down to offers for interns, recruiting told us that they would contact us after our internship ended. A month passed by and some of the interns got a call from recruiting saying they got offers. So I reached out to recruiting, the same day and they told me I didn't get an offer. I thought it was messed up that I had to be the one to reach out to recruiting to hear if I got a response or not. I also think it was messed up, because I waited a month thinking I was getting an offer and wasn't going to hear from them unless I had contacted them. Most internships let their interns know if they got offers at the end of their internship. This is definitely something RSM has to fix. There are good workers there, but in a way I'm glad I didn't get an offer, mostly because of the environment!! One thing I will say though is that RSM tries to incorporate a better work life balance than most firms.
Pros
logo colors, work-life balance, training
Cons
no OT for interns, culture, Hr
excellent place to work and develop skills to advance
NE Region Finance and Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  New York City, NYMay 23, 2017
expanded responsibilities to include the NE Region and included supporting due diligence and integration of two acquisitions. Involved in Real Estate driving more efficient use of space. People were terrific and CDI is improving.
Excellent for an entry level or mid level professional
Senior Staff Accountant/Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 17, 2017
Great opportunity to get involved in a public accounting and consulting environment. The pay is respective to the market with a great client relationship agreement.
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
Contract work
Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 14, 2017
Work is fast paced and you learn a lot. The hardest part of the job is you always feel behind. The culture in the office is amazing everyone is very nice.
Great place to start your career
Senior Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  ChicagoMay 13, 2017
RSM is an excellent place to get your foot in the door in a public accounting environment. I was surrounded by extremely bright and talented individuals each day. Although the work is demanding and challenging, you will make friends that will last a lifetime.
Pros
Networking, experience, credibility
Cons
Hours
Opportunity to be challenged and to advance
Assurance Associate / Senior Assurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 11, 2017
Overall a great firm with lots of great coworkers. Lots of opportunities to prove yourself and to challenge yourself. Most people are very willing to help you with questions. Definitely involves some long hours due to the nature of the job, and the work/life balance line is sometimes hard to define. But overall for the realm of public accounting, RSM is a good firm.
Fun office, where each person was an integral part of the team.
Director, Business Development (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC and the state of North CarolinaMay 8, 2017
As a seasoned Director of Business Development I was able work with junior managers and assist them in understanding the sales process. I must say, I loved working at RSM. Each day presented new challenges. I was fortunate to be part of the initial BD's hired. The job evolved over time to be more of a professional role - leading various partners and directors in the pursuit to develop new clients and expand our offerings to current clients.

I especially enjoyed leading the technical team in prospect meetings and in presentations. Also differentiating our firm from our competition.
Pros
Some perks during busy season
Cons
401k match could have been better
Fun place that provides free sodas daily
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2017
Can be very busy and stressful at times, but is a cool place to work. The people are very friendly. Free sodas and massages were the best. I also appreciated the company discounts on various items.
Pros
Free massages
Cons
8 hr days
Fun place that provides free massages
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2017
During busy season (Feb - April 30), you can work very long hours, but the company provides many amenities to help you relax. They encourage break time and they have provided WII game competitions, free massages, fruits, candy, cakes, sodas and end of busy season celebrations. People are nice and it can be a fun place to work.
Benefits
Cons
8 hour days
Good company to work for
Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2017
Like summary, good company to work for, good work life balance. Cubicle culture in nyc office. Great location, many floors in a skyscapper. Facing computer almost all the time in my role.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RSM. Our community is ready to answer.