RTA Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and safe work environment.
BUS DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 6, 2016
Show up at work, daily inspection of vehicle. Obtain route and schedule. Drive patient's to and from appointments, visits with family, work, and shopping centers. Take bus back to station. I learned to be on time and everyone is different. The hardest part of my job is I need to work at the pace one is able to go instead of rushing someone. I enjoy different routines and meeting everyone that I have a chance to meet.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Lower income and less hours than I want
great downtown location
Travel Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 3, 2016
inbound and outbound call center with great management team and organization. flexible shifts,nice benefits and great people to work with
Pros
holiday pay
Cons
located in suburbs now
call center
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 1, 2016
A typical day from 4am was answering phones and giving clients their pickup times and drop off times and talk to the drivers on a two way radio
Pros
great work area
Cons
short breaks
enjoyable parts of the job
Para Transit driver (Current Employee) –  Annapolis Junction, MDOctober 17, 2015
Driving clients while listening to their stories, jokes, histories . Many of the seniors may have been in their 90's but still full of spunk , often had me laughing , about one thing or another . Lastly these guys can really bring you back to reality and remind me that I more should be grateful for all that I have .
great plae to work if your looking for flexibilty
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2012
a typical day at work entails me coming in, logging into the phone system and start tgaking inbound calls until your scheduled break time. the management is fine not all that great, the co workers are very friendly people. The hardest part of this job is being able to maintain your composure on a call. The most enjoyable are the customers that you come into contact with.
Pros
holiday parties
Adventurous, fun workplace that feels like family!
Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 30, 2015
RTA is an amazing company to work for, offering excellent benefits and endless opportunities to advance within the company. A fair, professional, comfortable work place setting is the atmosphere. At Paratransit specifically, co-workers are friendly and helpful and quick to offer assistance to someone in need.
Management is exemplary; holding themselves and employees alike to the highest of standards. Excellence is the expectation, and it is met many times over by hard working people who take pride in the successful operation of their organization.

A typical work day began with me reporting to the office window at the start of my shift, where a dispatcher would give me my schedule for the day. I would then inspect my coach and review my trips for the day. I would map out my routes using a County Map, and pull out of the garage to pick up my first passenger. I ring the door bell at each passengers home, assist them onto the coach, collect their fare, assist them with their seat belt, and safely transport them to their destination.

The hardest part of the job for me, was being out in the harsh winter elements, and sometimes having to struggle with passengers in manual wheelchairs. The elderly are not always able to have their driveways cleared in the winter, and it can be quite challenging trying to get a manual wheelchair through a snow filled driveway, so that an elderly/handicapped passenger can make it to their destination.
The most enjoyable part of the job, was being out on the road without the confines of an office cubicle. I enjoy driving very much, and I enjoy being
  more... out in the sunshine during the summer months as opposed to being indoors in an office setting.

The importance of effective teamwork is what I learned more than anything else during my 10 years of service. I especially learned that making the job easier for one, actually made the job easier for everyone. When people work together towards a common goal, the end result is likely to be happy customers who feel that they have been served well, and a team of hard working individuals who feel good about themselves for having served well.
Pros
a feeling of freedom. flexibility. great management
Cons
short breaks, tight schedule, pulling in after quit time
Upbeat people in good atmosphere
Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 9, 2013
The people at this staffing agency were always nice to me but they didn't always have work for me to do and the pay rate was not where I needed it to be. On the other hand, I was told one thing when I signed on for a particular job....took the lower pay because I was promised a perm position at a normal rate in a few months, but after working there for 12 weeks found out that wasn't the case. The company had no intention of hiring any perm people and my pay rate was never going to change. Very disheartening.
Pros
they do the searching for you and pare you with good potential fits
Cons
sometimes they promise what they can't deliver.
I have good experience in my life with RTA I like I love RTA
Heavy Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Duba al aweerMay 30, 2014
I like RTA this is very good government in the world. excellent management and perfect service
Dont like the environment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 13, 2012
Provided customer service for an average of 300 calls per day, answering customer inquiries, solving problems, and providing new transit information.
Greeted customers calling for travel information to ascertain what each customer wanted or needed.
Described product to customers and accurately explained details and care of merchandise.
Directed calls to appropriate individuals and departments
Ok place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2014
The company is a good place to work if your looking for an basic customer service job.
Pros
vacation and sinc time begins when you start
I love driving the bus
Bus Operator/ Booth Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 25, 2012
I worked as a bus driver and booth attendant for 9 years and work with to public on a daily basic's
Pros
just come to work
Cons
busdrivers is the way to go
Good experience learning about transit
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 8, 2013
A good opportunity to learn about community transit operations.
I love working and never call off
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  clivelandJuly 22, 2014
My co-workers were all nice people.And i was very good employee.
Busy
Business Sales Team Leader (Former Employee) –  ManchesterFebruary 2, 2014
this is a business estate agents, that contacts potential clients looking to sell
nice place to work
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Perris, CADecember 18, 2013
picking up and dropping off different people,passengers most enjoyable.