RTD Employee Reviews

Will be your life
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 14, 2017
Rtd will be your life! Forced to work 6 days a week for over 2 years and no end insight. Most days expect to be at work around 14 hours a day. You will have no life outside work. Also you can expect to be verbal and most likely physically assaulted by passengers.
Pros
Free bus pass
Cons
Never saw my kids
Tough job little acknowledgement for work done good benefits at 1st
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 9, 2017
AT first they had reputation of putting you on probation, then letting you go. After that it was stressful until you had enough senority to get a good bid for days or what-ever fit your situation. It was a good company to work for , until they merged with Yellow freight, then it all went downhill. They asked for wage cuts, didn't want to pay intro the pension and welfare trust. that's when I left, after taking 2 wage cuts and saw what was happening. I was fortunate enough not to lose any of my pension. I liked driving every day and meeting people. Most of the management team was lacking in people skills, fresh out of college, no experience in the trucking {loading ,unloading , deliveries,} if the computer said it could be done a certain way that's what they went buy, most times it wouldn't work. Learned how to deal with my environment and just do my job.
Pros
safety awards
Cons
little acknowledgement
Bureaucracy with potential
Senior Transit-Oriented Development Associate (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 5, 2017
RTD is changing quickly, but is still mired in old-guard methods that discourage innovation and advancement. In time, I'm sure the culture will improve for 30 somethings like me to feel empowered to keep up with more progressive jurisdictions in the region.
I love it driving bus driving I have been working five years.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  ColoradoFebruary 1, 2017
The most interesting thing on my life I'm hard worker. Also I do like helping people . So I'm happy to go forward with rental car. Continue to work hart driving bus.
Difficult Employer - Too many chiefs
Light Rail Train Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 2, 2017
RTD could be a great place to work instead it's more of a "last resort" for most people. The money goes to management while the backbone of the company employees struggle with an ineffective union, meager wages and demanding schedules. The fact that the union (ATU) represents both bus drivers and train operators under the same contract and pay scale is reason to stay away. I'd rather spend my $50.00 mandatory monthly union dues on a dental/vision plan instead. High turnover rate and always short on drivers/operators means being mandated to work on your day's off.
Pros
Paid every other week
Cons
Not enough money every other week
Great Experience
Civil Design Engineer Intern (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 15, 2016
This is a great company to work for. You can get such a broad experience and work on many different projects. It's incredibly satisfying, knowing you're benefiting your community and making it better for the future.
Cons
Interns don't get paid enough for the amount of work they do
good and stable
TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 21, 2016
good place to work and retire from. has pension. has union to help protect employees from management whims. is and can be politically charged. health benefits are reasonable.
benefits
Cons
hours
I love driving people around
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 21, 2016
Driving a bus and meeting new people. Co-workers was great Filling out reports Management was great I just like the different lines and areas that they went. I joy staying on time
nice workout facility , pool table, ping pong table great group of people that work for RTD
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  ColoradoMay 7, 2016
Depending on the route your assigned.... once you learn the route it makes the job a lot easier. Co-workers help out a lot depending on the division if you're a people person doing the job should come easy the hardest part of the jobs it can be construction along the streets and people having no respect by either cutting you off or not letting you in. It pays great you can do well and go far as long as you come to work and do your job
Pros
Extra hours are always available
Cons
Sometimes you don't want the extra hours and you may have to work anyway
It was a fun and productive place to work at.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 14, 2015
Worked well with others, the day was always busy which is was a plus for me. Loved meeting and helping people. The only downfall I disliked was the bidding for a new route every four months.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Always had to bid for routes

Want to know more about RTD?

Ask a question
Very Diverse
File Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 3, 2015
Works closely with all managers, staff, consultants and vendors to encourage and maintain good working
relationships.
Includes project coordination.
Communicates and disseminates decisions, information and requests from the AGM.
Prioritizes incoming mail and information from division managers and staff for the AGM, to review and/or
approve.
Includes putting information into correct form and attaching relevant correspondence and reference data.
Routed information to appropriate personnel, prepared responses to correspondence with discretion.
Provide informal guidance to intra departmental division secretaries by answering inquiries, pursuing answers
I did not like this position
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 6, 2014
Management was too stringent. I was unhappy with management always waiting for a driver to make a mistake. Drivers are not treated with respect. I learned how to drive a large bus with air breaks.
Co-wrokers were under stress all the time because they were treated disrespectfully. This position was very difficult. However, I worked in the guidelines that were expected of me.
Pros
Uhappy with the work
Cons
I didn't care for management .
not a very good working environment
city bus driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 27, 2014
to much of the game play lots of favoritism, racial BS could not get out of there fast enough
Pros
it is a people job
Cons
bad untill your on your route
Safe bet and room for advancement
Bus/Train Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 18, 2014
Fulltime on the board can be demanding,but the paychecks can make up for some of the headache. Overall a good place and great fellow employees from diverse fields and backgrounds(if you have questions they have answers). This company is a definite smart move for ex-military or the pizza delivery person looking to find a career or stable income.
Pros
to many to name
Cons
depends on your perspective
Enjoyable job
Treasury Clerk (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 27, 2014
count money and do deposit for the treasury department daily
Pros
Great hours
Cons
short breaks
Good Company to work for.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2014
Geat Company to work for. No complaints, good management and great co- workers.
Pros
Great work envirment
Cons
No cons to express
Good Job, Bad Leadership
Tranist Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, coDecember 24, 2013
I loved working on this account doing security for RTD. The hours werent bad and the pay is decent but the leadership is stuck in the 80s. No insite, no leadership skills save a few people and they try to rule through threats and intimidation rather then example and praise. Pick your poison I guess.
Meeting out-of towners
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 15, 2013
Cleaning up trash that people throw down. We sweep the grounds and wipe off tables in suites to prepare for upscale clients. I learned patience. My co-workers were excellent (some not all) hardest part was adapting to different work ethics. Most enjooyable part was meet different people and watching the races
Pros
worked at my own pace
Cons
sore hands
Good place to work and the pay is good but would like to live in San Antonio, Texas were it is warm.
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 10, 2013
Good place to work with great beniifts. Pay is good, working cond. is good.
Pros
Good pay and good benifits
Cons
would like to live in San Antonio, Texas were it is warm
Great location.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2013
It's a great atmosphere to work in, management was good and understanding. Employees seemed happy to be working there, although the pay was not meeting the job requirements.
Pros
great employees.
Cons
benefits.