RTI International Employee Reviews in United States

Stresses accurate data in the work time frama
Field Surveyer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 20, 2015
The training at RTI was sufficient to perform your duties. Work schedules were supplied before each month. Work assignments were assigned to make your schedule easy to accomplish.
Pros
Very good benefits with excellent management
Cons
Some months, there were few assignments
Fantastic company to work with including management and coworkers
Senior Technical Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  RTP, NCApril 21, 2016
This was a great experience until the outsourcing of the I.T. Department in 2015. The company as a whole is great. We exist to improve the human condition. I'm proud to be a part of the work we do. The people here are just good people!

Benefits overall are good, at minimum they are comparable to industry standards and some exceed standards. Executive leadership support work life balance and flexibility and empower managers to make decisions that best for their team.

Good vacation, flexible with work location, working on revising policies around employee satisfaction, independence, etc.

Great colleagues who are truly experts in their fields; many exciting opportunities for travel; highly innovative work environment - RTI is willing to invest in good/profitable ideas. Many staff are truly dedicated to RTI's goal of improving the human condition.
Pros
Fantastic company to work with including management and coworkers
Cons
Outsourcing initiative
Very intellectual people to work with
Research Chemist (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 1, 2015
It's a great place to work at with many perks. What makes RTI a great place is the people of RTI. They are diverse in their background and knowledge which makes it a very interesting and unique place to be at. There are sub-cultures within the culture which can prohibit certain communications and cross-training opportunities. Senior management is aware of this and is working on addressing it.
Pros
Diversity of employees and great facilities and buildings
Cons
Lack of work-life balance
Work is always productive for someone like myself
Data Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 29, 2016
At work I learned to work independently while operating multiple projects at once. The biggest tasks while working for my previous employer would have been, keeping control of the call. With co-workers beside you projecting their voice and reading the material verbatim. The most enjoyable part was speaking with different backgrounds. The purpose of the job fed me mentally and environmentally.
Good life/work balance
Senior Data Scientist (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 8, 2016
Depends too much on federal grants. Although management claims to be an international company, its visibility is still very limited. Work/life balance is fine.
Work Place is like a call center .
Data Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 10, 2016
A typical day at work would be making calls to Dr. office or hospital to identify a POC for patient and send them AF packet .
The hardest part of job is to meet goals when your POC is not so cooperative and reluctant to give data over the phone. Stress in the job is high .
Pros
good pay and steady hours
Cons
Short Lunch break, They move you around a lot. Your manger and supervisor is changes every two weeks .
Senior Process Engineer, Photolithography (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 15, 2016
A great place to work. It is a research and development company. The knowledge base is extremely high. Great people to work with. The company generates a great team attitude.
Pros
Organized
Cons
great place to work with a meaningful mission
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2016
enjoyed my time there. Company's mission to improve the human condition made working there purposeful. brilliant staff with dedication beyond comprehension.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
salary
Great research company
On Site Supervisor / Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2016
I enjoyed being a traveling interviewer. The company has many different types of surveys and many different locations available for work.
Not for you if you aren't into call centers
Medical Data Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 22, 2016
nice people but work was tedious, discouraging, and a bit deceptive. did not like the people we had to talk to often would be very rude and mean.

Want to know more about RTI International?

Ask a question
Great Non-Profit Organization
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 25, 2016
Great work environment, very quiet. Great benefits, and I like being around so many very experienced and smart people.
Pros
Experts from very diverse backgrounds.
Cons
Limited opportunity to advance up
Its the Titanic
IT Service Speciliast (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 19, 2016
RTI is actively trying to gut their ITS department to the detriment of its' own workforce. This has caused their managers to act in hasty ways. They are more concerned with profit than their own workforce.
Interesting, educational
Bilingual Field Interviewer for NC (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 3, 2015
The job itself is interesting, enjoyable, educational, with opportunity to meet people from all walks of life and experiences, what I don't care for is the lock of understanding for the obstacles one goes through to get the interviews and acceptance of selected DU to understand the need for the data. Management is only interested in the numbers and the budget and not the quality of the work and contradiction in the instructions to gather data

I approve of the CEO but not of the Field Supervisor
Pros
Good pay, travel, meeting people, educational
Cons
Management lock of knowledge of field work
Okay place to work
Research Service Assistant III (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 5, 2016
Okay place to work. Nice work environment. Always a busy day, things change from second to second. A lot of the work is Project always entails deadlines.
High Stress company seems to be struggling with operations
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Washington, MOApril 25, 2012
A typical day was to go to work, analyze new daily requirements. Find out scrap rate (high) and requisition material to cover existing and new orders.
I learned the SAP system. Co-workers were fun and usually not up beat. Management always seemed to stressed to approach. The hardest part of the job was knowing the solutions and voicing a proposal to become more efficient and being ignored and then the corporation paid a consultant hundreds of thousands of dollars to say the same thing. Then the company made cuts probably to pay the consultant his high salary. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see smiling faces, to see your ideas work (when allowed) and the paycheck.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
environment
stress free, decent pay
Data Collection Specialist-Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 20, 2013
I love working at the research operation center for RTI International. I currently work there and have been for 6 years. I have recently graduated, so therefore I am looking for advancements, either it be with RTI International or another great company. In my current position not many benefits are offered and the health insurance is not ideal for a person who plans to extend the family. The management in the call center is ok, not the best. I love my weekly pay rate. the most enjoyable part of my job is that it never stresses me out to much.
Always Busy, Not Recognized
Research Statistician (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 3, 2014
While RTI offers a busy work environment, very little time to feel bored or looking for work.
Management has high expectations regarding level of work and completing assignments outside work hours, and this would be okay if they weren't always interested in criticizing while rarely recognizing good employees. Overall management style of organization does very little for employee morale.
Pros
flexible schedule available when needed
Cons
low employee morale, management rarely praises, and provides unproductive criticism
I would prefer to not respond
Control Station Monitor (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 18, 2014
I found that this position was a dead end job and there was no room for advancement.
My co-workers for the most part however were allot of fun to work with.

And when you have more experience, education and training than your supervisor, the supervisor is rather intimidated. I had no desire to be a supervisor.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management in my division treats the employee as if they are a child in kindergarten
Stressful enviroment
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 27, 2015
You never know from one day to the next to mood of people. They may speak or not and then stab you in the back, because you have more experience than they do.
Benefits
Cons
No, breaks, no time to take care of business and everything is closed when you get off.
Productive and nice work environment
Tracing QE Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 28, 2015
A typical work day included finding out the work load and distributing the work to tracers under my lead. I also helped in the tracing. Most of the work was repetitive so once you grasped the concept of tracing it was fairly easy to preform your job duties. This made the job hard at times because you were constantly doing the same thing. All projects we worked on followed the same tracing format. When it was all said and done, I really enjoyed my time with the company. I enjoyed being able to trace and find people. We were able to work at our own pace and only had to make phone calls if we found new phone numbers.
Pros
Working the schedule I wanted to work
Cons
Only 30 min lunch breaks, small break room

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RTI International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8