RTI International Employee Reviews

Data collection company with satisfying impact on society, yet poor working conditions and communication.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 3, 2017
I worked here collecting data for the affordable care act, California health programs, and various other important projects, but the working conditions are hardly tolerable. You're cooped in with hundreds of other data collectors with about a foot of free space on either side, and quality assurance seemed not to have any kind of logical structure and caused confusion as well as discord on the production floor.
Pros
Principle of working criteria
Cons
Poor working space, poor quality team.
Awesome
Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHApril 13, 2017
Work is fair and balanced, Staff is more like a family environment. Room for adavncement within the company. Just really enjoyed working at RTI but now it is ALCOA/ARCONIC
Pros
people you work with
Cons
Good fellow workers, bad management.
Facility Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCApril 13, 2017
Poor management leadership due to lack of understanding the work being done. My immediate manager was ex-military and had a degree in biology. He new nothing about engineering or maintenance. He was hired by a "friend" who he done a favor to help him get a contract.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad management
Awesome
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 24, 2017
Awesome job! This job allowed me to experience carpentry and public service at its best. I was able to enhance my interpersonal skills due to the interaction between myself and the client's houses we worked on.
Productive work environment
Data Collection Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2017
It was a great job. Part time so I spent a lot of time with my family throughout the day. The compensation was great being part time. I would recommend this call center to everyone.
Nothing really to say
Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 6, 2017
Allowed to work the days and hours that are best for you. They spend alot of time making sure you are competent in what you are doing. There's is always additional training that is offered. They equip you with tools to ensure your success.
Pros
Make an investment in each employee
Cons
Work hours are restricted
Management is not good
Bilingual data collection interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 23, 2017
People who work for hr are not good, they take everything in consideration, they dont take employees serious, they get mad for every single question we ask them. They dont keep in touch with you.
Cons
Short breaks
Free style work experience
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 7, 2017
I enjoyed work with RTI as I've always soared in the Customer Service arena, having worked directly with all kind of people in the field. My work as a Field Interviewer required communication ability, an approachable nature and the know how in gaining participation in the ADS Survey.
Pros
Work during the hoursI I set to be in the field
Cons
Some neighborhoods were pretty rough with all kind of folks
Great people, Great environment, Great Benefits
Chemical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 28, 2017
Great place to work, only issue is salary, but it's a nonprofit so that comes with the territory. Made up for with amazing benefit package including automatic 8% 401k contribution (no matching required)
A great company to work for with a wonderful mission
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 27, 2017
I would recommend working at RTI. The mission statement of the company. The group that I supported at RTI for 8 years became my family. Decisions are slow to happen at RTI (It is an Institute after all) but I would still recommend working there.

Want to know more about RTI International?

Ask a question
Contract Research Company
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 26, 2017
Multi cultural diverse international company. It was a great place to work for 20+ years. Very corporate, highly demanding environment, state of the art buildings for the most part. Flexible work schedule.
Completely Positive
Welder/Lathe & Bar Turner Operator/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHJanuary 25, 2017
I have nothing but positive fedback regarding this employer. I would still be there if it werent for a move across country to aid an ailing family member.
I love the benfenits. The way they treated us it was great. i loved working in RTI . But the changes of mangers were hard.But it was awsome . 💛
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 1, 2017
It was good. They treated us good. But the changes of manger were hard. They have good benefits. They treated us like we were they own family. And that why at RTI for 4 years. And it was awesome.
Pros
on fridays they gave us free lunches
Cons
they gave us short break
Call Center, Production Priority
Data Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 29, 2016
Work Environment, is stressful, Calling Hospitals, Doctors office on daily basis, to gather data for survey. Very nice Staff.
This is something that is good for someone who has a high schooler or a college student
Survey Field Assistant (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 20, 2016
Myself and my supervisor would go to the location this particular job, was to do a survey for students in the ninth grade and the twelfth grade. Although, we only expedited the first of the two. I learned the I. T. department is very important when doing something like this. I do not like sending or faxing information about my eligibly to an employer, I would rather hand it to him/her. My manager was a friend I did not like that either. Friends are great but, some you just can not work for. This was the hardest part of the job this person told me to do something one way and then told me later I did it wrong. I do not like that. I am a smart person I can figure things out and I like organization, if something is not organized I am your girl. Most enjoyable part of the job meeting new people.
Pros
The pay was great
Cons
Travel
Manager of Global Leasing (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 9, 2016
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 3,700 provides research and technical expertise to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory and chemistry services.
Senior Process Engineer, Photolithography (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCAugust 15, 2016
A great place to work. It is a research and development company. The knowledge base is extremely high. Great people to work with. The company generates a great team attitude.
Pros
Organized
RTI International
Survey Specialist (Current Employee) –  RTIAugust 9, 2016
Its a good place to work for new students or people without families. They make you work long hours if you are salaried. I would suggest this place for people who do not have families.
Great research company
On Site Supervisor / Field Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 8, 2016
I enjoyed being a traveling interviewer. The company has many different types of surveys and many different locations available for work.
great place to work with a meaningful mission
Systems Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 23, 2016
enjoyed my time there. Company's mission to improve the human condition made working there purposeful. brilliant staff with dedication beyond comprehension.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RTI International. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8