RTI International

RTI International Employer Reviews

EMPLOYMENT
DATA COLLECTION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 17, 2014
Pros: you have a job to provide for yourself and/or family
Tentative goal was to retrieve documents to be reviewed for the employers' customer. The only thing that could have made the job difficult is being forced to "look busy" when there's no work available. Needless to say management was a bit micro.
Love RTI
Training Coordinator (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCNovember 14, 2014
It is a great place to work. They have a mission/vision that is easy to get behind. The leadership in great and their family/work life balance is top notch. I absolutely love working at RTI.
A slow company
International Economic Growth Research Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCNovember 4, 2014
Very similar to goverment setting, very good work-life balance.
I would prefer to not respond
Control Station Monitor (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: management in my division treats the employee as if they are a child in kindergarten
I found that this position was a dead end job and there was no room for advancement.
My co-workers for the most part however were allot of fun to work with.

And when you have more experience, education and training than your supervisor, the supervisor is rather intimidated. I had no desire to be a supervisor.
great work place environment
Inventory Control Manager (Former Employee), Durham, NCJune 19, 2014
Pros: great work place
Cons: laid off
Being friendly and courteous to customers
structured
accurately and easily communicate standards
leadership and team members
Field Interviewer/Research Coordinator
Research Coordinator (Current Employee), Ft.Worth, TXMay 29, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: lack of challenge
My typical work day involves recruiting participants for our study and administering consented individuals to complete a computer interview. The recruitment side takes trials and errors to figure out what kind of wording makes participant more incline to take part. This is the hardest part of the job. Persuading participants take patience and cultivating – more... their trust. Especially with our respondents being part of a vulnerable population the usage the wrong vocabulary can have an adverse effect and causes them to associates me, an interviewer, with someone they cannot trust. The most enjoyable part of the job is overcoming that obstacle and gaining that trust from my respondents.

As a field interview and research coordinator, I usually work by myself and manage myself. I sometimes rely on my project coordinator for specific site information and update. – less
slow grow
CWI-NDE II (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 13, 2014
No much to look for at the future. Slow on training and to move ahead. It oes from busy to slow in couple of days
Great work life balance. No advancement. Poor management.
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 6, 2014
Pros: great work knowledge and experience. great working process.
Cons: poor management. can be cut-throat and personal.
I saw a huge change in the year I spent at RTI. It went from a fantastic place to work with tons to do and a great team to a full 180. Management's poor decisions drove customers away, laid off good employees, and chased others out. This is a place with great potential managed by someone with poor vision.
Hard-working, titanium will
Clerical Floater (Current Employee), Niles, OHMarch 21, 2014
Pros: competitive wages, excellent benefits
Cons: little room for advancement
The culture at RTI is second to none. Every co-worker and many first-line managers are easy to rely on, personable, and hard working. The company runs constantly to produce for some of the world's largest aerospace manufacturers.
Always Busy, Not Recognized
Research Statistician (Current Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCMarch 3, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule available when needed
Cons: low employee morale, management rarely praises, and provides unproductive criticism
While RTI offers a busy work environment, very little time to feel bored or looking for work.
Management has high expectations regarding level of work and completing assignments outside work hours, and this would be okay if they weren't always interested in criticizing while rarely recognizing good employees. Overall management style of organization – more... does very little for employee morale. – less
Unstable Hire people and string them along with no work
Research Assistant (Former Employee), NCFebruary 24, 2014
Dishonest when hiring, very disorganized, many mistakes in a project that was poorly executed
Best thing about working at RTI
Financial Analyst III (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: a great group of people to work with
Cons: working for a non-profit was not for me
The best thing about working for RTI was being a part of the exciting and innovative research they were doing.
Productive and fun workplace
DATA COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCFebruary 17, 2014
Great co-workers
Great atmosphere
Great pay
Worked out surveys to help healthcare in the United States and surveys to find out how students pay for their education in the United States.
Great workplace!
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee), Raleigh NCFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: full time/ pt time employment, professional enviornment
Cons: breaks in employment
Love working here! It's a professional, fun, and amazing workplace. However, there isn't really any stability unless you're on certain projects! If you're able to adjust to breaks between employment , then apply!
OK
Research Chemist (Former Employee), Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 1, 2014
OK place to work. People are OK to work with. Lots of work most of the time.
Work at RTI International
Data Collection specialist and data entry clerk (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 19, 2013
Great work environment! I loved working for this company and they did a lot of sweet things for their employees. Very professional.
A typical day at work
Team Leader for Data Capture (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 18, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: poor management
A typical day at work consist of coming in and receiving assignments from field staff and then doing data entry.
A family-orientated place to work
Graphic Designer (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDOctober 31, 2013
RTI International is a great place to work that is very family-focused. The work-life balance is very nice.
RTI work review
Electrician Mechanic (Former Employee), Durham, NCAugust 13, 2013
Pros: great people, atmosphere, made coming to work enjoyable. great benefits.
Cons: contracting out, taking work from employees, became very stressful
Working at RTI , aside from being my first job out of school, was a terrific opportunity for me to learn solid trades. The company paid for training, and encouraged growth from within .Was a stable environment, with co-workers that remained with the company for many years. The first twenty years the department was like a family, with all the original – more... employees, and management. Your work orders were given, a timely manner in which to conclude them, and the reward was a job well done, with the acknowledgement of your supervisor, verbally or sometimes a lunch in honor of your teams work ethics. In the later years, the company expanded and with that came new management, and outside contracting, which was the demise of our department.
Before new management, the company worked hard at taking care of it's employees, by offering great health benefits, along with holidays, and vacation, and creating a safe and positive environment. Staff had most meals together, where you could just enjoy the company or discuss the days work, but staying in contact like this added to my enjoyment of a work day.
I considered RTI to be a terrific company, and was proud to be an employee for the many years I was there. – less
Mixed
Research (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 31, 2013
Pros: free coffee and not too many cubes
Cons: no one works in the same office.
Some people at RTI are great, but overall there is not a great value on employees as human beings.

1 2 3

About RTI International

Pythagoras would find a happy home among the scientists at Research Triangle Institute. Operating mainly under its trade name, – Read more