RTI Employee Reviews in United States

Great benefits and pay
Purchaser/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Rainsville, ALFebruary 18, 2016
This was a good place to work. Although, management is lacking in employee relations and customer service. Benefits are great but advancement isn't likely. They have a huge turn over rate.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
No advancement, poor employee reations
A great place to learn and explore sub sea production
WELDER/FITTER (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXDecember 14, 2015
It had a family feel with strong leadership skills, The employes were very knowledgable in the projects went out like clock work with hardly any re-work
Pros
free breakfast and coffee
Cons
lot of hired hand turnovers due to the long hours
Challenging and rewarding place to work.
Enrichment Aide (Former Employee) –  Morton, ILNovember 12, 2015
It was an amazing experience helping to implement a new program into the school. It was very challenging with little direction given to me. Using the resources I had and by getting to know the students I felt I helped push them further in their education and I did see positive progress from many of them. With a better plan from the start of the year, I believe this program could have had a greater impact and been a more positive experience for me.
Pros
Free use of materials to develop lessons, helpful staff, student and personal growth
Cons
Lack of direction, changing requirements often, lack of training
Co-Workers
Special Education Teacher/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Loveland, CONovember 4, 2015
I find that getting along professionally with co-workers helps
everyone do their job better. Personal grow is very important in any position that I would consider.
Pros
Supportive Atmosphere
Cons
Politics
Awesome company
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mendota Heights, MNOctober 12, 2015
Working at RTI was a blast. Was on a very dynamic team. The help desk team was really one for all. Always getting the best out of each other. Also the company had great benefits did many fun activities that involved the families. Learned many things including working with the Windows Phone. That was really neat specially since most companies either use an Android or iPhone. Great manager. Always looking out for her team.
Rti
Data Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 7, 2015
This company is not a company to work for. Since its suppose to be a professional enviroment dealing with medical information they have nothing but loud and annoying workers that dont take there job seriously. and due to a death in my family they cut my paycheck from 11 an hour to minimun wage for the hours i have already worked. not a job i would recommend
Fun culture
INSIDE SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CASeptember 22, 2015
Small, unique, and fun environment. Family feel of a small company, yet has the exciting factor of rapid growth and potential.
Pros
Friendly work space, free lunches, company activities
Very rewarding.
Instructor for math and reading (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 24, 2015
Being and RTI Instructor is a very rewarding job. You work with students who need a little extra help in addition to what they receive in the classroom. It is wonderful to watch the "light come on" when they figure out how to do something they couldn't do before. I love working with these students. To be responsible for helping them achieve their goals and helping them move to the next level with a better understanding of the process is very exciting.
Pros
Helping students achieve their goals.
Cons
You miss them when they move on.
Avoid Fulton County School System
Intervention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJune 30, 2015
If you want to work for a school system, try another. FCBOE is top heavy with management. No one is expected to reach any goal that is set (there are the "select few who can do no wrong." Working with students is great, but in a school with 1300 students, you should never have a turnover rate of over 50%. I know of no teacher who is happy here,
Pros
It provides a paycheck; school hours are 9-4
Cons
everything else
nice and chill place to work
Correspondence Representative (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAJune 23, 2015
the job is ok.
the people are nice
the training is cool
everyone there come to work on time
they love the holidays
you can wear jeans on Fridays
Pros
room for advancement
Cons
very low pay
Became familiar with extensive health care roles.
Data Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 4, 2015
While I was at RTI I worked for a Federal Funded Medical Research Study. This was a very hectic job for many reasons but was able to balance and stay a little over a year. I became very familiar with procedure codes, ICD-9, EOB statements, Insurance claims. I was promoted to a Refusal Converter were I was held accountable to collect information from large hospitals that were at one point not willing to release the info.
horrible
Insurance Inquiry Representative (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAMay 20, 2015
Management was horrible. No room for growth, Office environment was to hostile. Couldn't leave desk to use bathroom if you went over your 12 mins grace period through out the day. To much time on the dailer system
Pros
n/a
Cons
lunch was to short
Good inviromenet
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  USA/ NC/ RTI Park/Research Triangle InstituteApril 22, 2015
RTI has the most professional team which can done the work efficiently to get their goals.
The most enjoyable part in the work is that you can see people form different countries has same efficiency and able to help all of the countries around the work and combine them in one program to solve their problems.
Shiloh Elementary
Reading Teacher (Former Employee) –  Shiloh, ILApril 19, 2015
Good place to work. I was there 13 years, so several management turnovers. Some exceptional, some tolerable. Great co-workers. Many team players.
Pros
Small class sizes
Cons
Continuous student testing
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMarch 30, 2015
Each day provided a new challenge, my co-workers were were helpful once you got to know them. A bit of a sink or swim mentality in the beginning but once management saw that you were willing to put in the time and effort they were willing to help.
Pros
I enjoyed my job
Great company.
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Exceptional company. Always providing feedback and training. The management is well informed about all the projects and willing to help at any time. I don't get to see my co-workers other than when I go for training.
The hardest part of the job is that there isn't enough hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours.
Productive place to work
Data Entry Specialist/ Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 3, 2015
Enjoyed my employment here however, I wish It wasn't a temp. position.
Cons
very short 10 minute breaks
typical seasonal manufacturing
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  York, PADecember 9, 2014
busy during summer slow during winter. New owners resulted in slower workload.
Working for business who cares about your success
Survey Research Specialist I-III (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCDecember 2, 2014
RTI, International is an wonderful place to work. Management truly cares about your success, encourages your participation in furthering education courses, and the company provides very generous benefits.
company working as a corporation and not research institution
Field Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 23, 2014
Dedication to advancement of learning at UIUC but RTI has a very hierarchical structure which sometimes impedes their mission of collecting reliable accurate data.