RTN Employee Reviews

Great Culture/ Team Environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYJuly 16, 2015
Jump on for a company call at 8 am, its a great call I learned the most from these calls. You will participate in some roll play, also learn whats working from other reps. There is very little supervision, you need to be a hard working individual that has lots of initiative. I liked the fact that there was very little micromanaging. Management was the best part of this company. I could call my regional manager at all hours of the day, and get mentor ship or assistance with a problem. Even the Vice President leaves his number open to call for help. This is the time to join the company, it is growing fast. It seemed every week there were more and more people joining the team. This created several advancement opportunity's. One of my goals was to become a manager. The company worked with me and help me set clear goals on achieving this. I became a trainer which I really enjoyed helping new reps learn and grow. The company has a company wide chat app which made the day exciting, also motivating me seeing reps close big deals! The hardest part of the job is the cold calling. My advice is learn from the other reps, find what works for you to gain as many appointments with fewer dials. I choose to leave due to family issues, and other state opportunity. Although would go back in a heart beat.
Pros
freedom flexible hours
Benefits
Great opportunity if you're willing to work
RVP (Current Employee) –  Lake Park, GAJuly 16, 2015
I've been at RTN for several years and the one thing that I can appreciate about this job is you get paid exactly what you're worth. If you are willing to listen and work hard the sky can be the limit but if you're stubborn and lazy you will not make it long term. The best advice I can give anyone who wants to make it is to come into this business with an open mind - forget what you've always done at other companies because chances are it won't work here. We have a proven process that if followed will make you thousands of dollars in commission. If you want a job where you can get on the fast track to management this is it! There is no seniority here if you're willing to put in the time and effort you will be rewarded.
Pros
Great pay with excellent incentives and bonuses
Cons
It's hard work if you just want to an easy paycheck working 9-5 this isn't the job for you
Rtn – t.C.O.B.
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 15, 2015
RTN is a great place to work and has amazing people to work with as well. I have been with RTN for two years now and I am glad to call this home. I had started off with minimal experience and with excellent training, support and coaching throughout; I have been promoted within the company! RTN has given me the opportunity to prove myself and be rewarded for it. We are about the numbers, but we are about having fun too. Management is very supportive and communicates with all departments of the company. If you’re looking for the opportunity to make money based off of your performance, I feel like this is the place to be.
Pros
Management Understands people have lives outside of work, the work life balance at RTN is ideal for me, finally a company that realizes that people have responsibilities that fall into “banker’s hours”!
Cons
An ever changing environment. We are continuously adjusting and adapting to the current market needs, which brings change. It can be challenging at times but with the great team atmosphere here, we go with the flow, quickly grasp the new game plan and rock it!
Great management, good commissions, pressure to sell a certain amount each month or you lose salary, but over all loved my job
Local Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  home basedApril 18, 2014
Begins with great motivation conference call, fun contest and then sell sell sell.
Management (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 16, 2015
Great day starts with a motivational conference call for entire sales team including daily contest that allows you to win cash and prizes. Then we get after it calling customers setting appointments and making presentations. Simple and easy is what we do.

I've learned that regardless of what is being sold some will some won't but just keep moving forward and reaching those who will.

Managers are the best. Our managers are always available to assist in anyway even if they're not your direct supervisor.

Co-Workers...Oh my gosh you'll never find a more friendly and fun bunch of team members. They go out of their way to help anyone new or veterans.

There really isn't a part of my job that I consider hard.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the continuous training that has helped me advance into a management role yet I still have leaders who are coaching me for further success. This company is about success for anyone who wants more than a ordinary job.
Pros
A lot of contest that equal opportunity and fun
Cons
Group Holiday parties
You Can Make Great Money at RTN!
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Charlotte RegionJuly 16, 2015
I've been with the company 4 months working out of the Charlotte Region---and this is one great sales company---pure sales company that believes in rewarding their sales reps!

Managers motivate and inspire daily----they want you to make money and I'm making money. The product is fantastic and gets results for our clients as well as solid ROI.

I enjoy the team atmosphere and my boss is just the best. Wish I had found this company 5 years ago.
Pros
Money, motivation, team spirit!
Cons
They only pay $200 a month for gas and that needs to be more.
Great Concept But Poorly Administered
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville/Spartanburg SCJune 19, 2014
I studied media sales in college and always wanted to dabble in it and see if it was a good fit for me. Coming back to work after raising my boys, I saw an ad for ShopperLocal to sell advertising on register tape. I had noticed the coupons and ads and thought the concept brilliant. They offered me a job. I went through the training impressing everyone there, but when I got out in the field I found it very difficult to re-sign former customers because of shady dealings. First I thought it was just a bad rep in that area. Then I was hearing horror stories from every company that had dealt with them in the past. Some said they tried to sue but their lawyer said it wasn't worth it. Then management told me our name had changed to Register Tape Network and that we had been bought. Come to find out, they flip the name back and forth every few years and say they were purchased to try to get back into markets they have a bad reputation in.
Pros
flexibility, and freedom to do my job alone, and unsupervised. $1200 bonus my second week
Cons
Company's bad reputation in marketplace
Excellent company! Great support system
Sales executive (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 16, 2015
This is by far the best company I have worked for! Everyone from your manager to the Vice President are here at your call to make sure you succeed! Work and life balance can be challenging only if you can't handle the independence of not reporting to a office everyday. Your hard work makes you great money!!
Pros
Pay and freedom
Cons
Freedom if you can't handle it
Great income potential.
Sales rep (Current Employee) –  MississippiJuly 16, 2015
great earning potential. Management is there for you on a daily basis. Follow the program and you will be successful. If you enjoy outside cold calling sales, this is for you. There is high pressure to make calls and set appts and sell ads.
Good company
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, New YorkJuly 9, 2015
I actually love this company, my managers were some of the best leaders i've had the pleasure of working with. The pay is structured to make you really work for it. I would of continued to work for them if life circumstance didn't require me not to travel.
Pros
team environment
Cons
commission structure
Most unorganized company ever!
Sales Rep. (Former Employee) –  Greenville SCAugust 18, 2014
This company really needs an overhaul! Management is terrible...they work with you one half day then throw you to the wolves. They make promises they don't keep. They dont return phone calls during the day. I wasnt sure what they were doing all day.
The product is nearly impossible to sell. Price is too high, everyone has tried it and it didnt work.
Seems to me as if they hire people and set them up for failure.
Pros
Cons
Way to many to name.
decent workplace
Senior Integration Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2014
• Setup and troubleshoot small to mid size networks for several small businesses
• Setup Windows 7 and Server 2008 networks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RTN. Our community is ready to answer.