RTS Employee Reviews

good place to work
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 3, 2017
i had a lot of fun working for interactive data and i grew a lot as a person with them. everyone was very nice and everyone was will to help out each other
not fun
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Austinburg, OHNovember 28, 2016
i didn't like working there. They make you work hard for nothing and they don't have anything you need to get the job done right. i learned how to run a mold machine and what gos into making plastic parts.
self employed, flexible schedule, worked from home
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAOctober 3, 2016
Taking on a new business venture was exciting. There was a very specific basis for creating RTS, Inc. It would help the environment by keeping tires out of the landfills and recycling them into rubber chips used in playgrounds, sides of freeways and medians. Working out of our home was very convenient and made our time flexible. One of the most difficult areas was getting some of our customers to pay on time and generating new business during a time when the economy was not thriving.
Pays good, but they are for self
Road Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 1, 2016
This company does not have you back. They allow passengers to treat you anyway, and if you react regardless of what it is, even if someone has assaulted you, this company take it out on you
I love what I do, but it consumes my entire life. The lines between work and home get more blurred as the years pass
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calimesa, CAOctober 6, 2015
I basically oversee everything for this company, down to stepping in when dispatchers and drivers have disagreements.

I usually come in the office about an hour early to sort through emails, makes it easier to get my team started in the mornings. I will forward emails for available freight to the dispatchers and then I will send an email to my personal contacts of our available trucks. As dispatchers book loads I oversee the loads to make sure there is appropriate time given for the loads so that we don't force the driver into breaking USDOT regulations AND make sure there isn't too much time on the load where the driver and the company aren't making money. I check the rates daily and let dispatchers know what to expect from each area and where the freight is hot so they can be selective with their freight. I process all IFTA taxes and truck registrations myself. Watch truck expenses and identify a "problem truck" before it gets out of hand and dips too far into profits. Negotiate tire discounts, fuel discounts and maintenance contacts.
Pros
Respect from the people I deal with
Cons
Unstable markets since 2008 - Work comes home with me - I am on call basically 24/7
It's an okay place to pick up tech. skills
Senior Technician / Subject Matter Expert Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDAugust 21, 2015
I liked the work place. The managers were nice and helpful, until we got bought out by Xerox. All my co-workers I looked forward to seeing had quit.
God place to work
Production Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 4, 2015
Working at RTS was a good experience for me I love the people I work with, my manager taught me a lot. I learn how to set up a machine adjust the machine when needed. I love that I had lot of responsibilities I was in charge of one machine. The most enjoyable part of my job was running the machine. The hardest part of the job nothing. Overall good company to work for
Pros
good schedulesd, nice co-workers
Cons
hot
Great job where you can really make a difference in people's lives.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTDecember 18, 2014
Most days are spent returning voicemails, processing documents, classifying documents, and addressing client concerns.
Management is pretty good, they treat you with respect and are always willing to help you if you have concerns.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry and upset clients. The best part of the job is when a client thanks you and tells them you have made a huge difference in their life.
Pros
Opportunities to bonus, paid holidays.
Cons
Dealing with difficult clients
challenging but rewarding
Residential Therapeutic Specialist (Former Employee) –  York NebraskaJune 27, 2014
I taught troubled youths basic life skills and how to conform with society as a norm. Hardest part of the job was not getting attached. Easiest part of the job was not bringing work home.
Pros
Helping youths
Cons
Sometimes youths get violent
Maintained and rebuilt ambulances and firetrucks.
Rescue Tech Sales (Former Employee) –  Bay City MichiganJune 12, 2014
Every day was different depending on phases. We would remove old boxes and put on new chassis to equip new ambulaces and did maintenance on many firetrucks. Everything you could imagine inside and out with all the electrical and gasses.
Pros
close to home
I got to talk to alot of different people and helping them solve there issues
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDApril 30, 2014
A typical day would consist of talking to customers and trouble shooting there computer issues. I learned alot about computers thanks to the management being there to help 24 hours a day. I loved talking to the customers and at the end of each call I know that there issues where resolved.
Pros
good pay and good benefits
Cons
The cons are not having a weekend off and it was a high stress job.
Great people to work for!
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Afton, TNApril 23, 2014
Loved this company! The equiptment,owners and runs were great!
Pros
PLENTY OF MILES
Cons
NO HEALTH INSURANSE OR BENEFITS WHEN I WAS THERE AND 1099 TAX FORMS
enjoyed learning the art of respiratory therapy
Respiratory Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 24, 2014
we had some intelligent and well knowledged instructors in our program, they made learning enlightening.
Pros
the power of knowledge, I love the medical field.
Cons
I find the challenge worth the con.
No longer in exsistance
Bus Operator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 8, 2013
This company lost its contracts years ago and I don't think they will be getting them back.
Friendly work environment. Easy labor
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bellwood, ILJuly 18, 2013
Calibrate my machine before use. Insert the measurements into the computer to program the cut needed as in the blueprint sheet. I worked with cardboard. Most enjoyable part is the employers threated employees like family. Compensation for big orders completed, with a free lunch on the company for all workers.
Pros
!st Shift. Easy labor. Good pay.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 28, 2013
Time Management skills, One on One customer interaction. Long hours.
Good place to work but not where I would like to be in 5 years
Office clerk (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 10, 2013
It's not a very profesional work place. Management can be improved. Co-workers dont take the job serious. the hardest part of the job is getting everyone on the same level. Everyone gets along well for the most part.
Sold durable medical equipment to VAMC, hospitals, Universities, Colleges to combat MRSA in these facilities.
National Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDDecember 11, 2012
I traveled across the country at 50% of the time to sell durable medical equipment to VAMC, Universities, Colleges across the US. I enjoyed the travel, while selling to these entities.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2012
It was a fun and productive environment to work in. I enjoyed working at RTS.
I liked RTS supervisors behavior with the Employees
Interpreter and Afghan roleplayer (Former Employee) –  Camp Ripley, MNSeptember 30, 2012
I am a hard worker and on time always. I loved working with the RTS company. but currently RTS does not have any rotation or roleplayer contracts, so I have to apply for another company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RTS. Our community is ready to answer.