Ruan Transportation

Ruan Transportation Employer Reviews

Dispatching Loads and Termianal Assistant
Dispatcher/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2015
On a daily basis I deal with sending/recieving emails, making/recieving phone calls to and from cutomers, accounts, and drivers. Dispersing loads to the correct drivers and making appointments with clients. Payroll for drivers once a week and faxing CRANS and BILLS to our corperate office.
Productive, good experience
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: pot lucks, grilling, big lunch area, breaks
Cons: health care, poor management, racism
Is a good company if your are willing to work hard and give it all you got. your will not be disapointed when you put in hard work.
Decent place to learn and meet people.
Warehouse [supervisor} /Bobcat operator (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: good co-workers, not boring
Cons: bad management
It was a good learning experience.I got really good at forklift and bobcat driving.I became friends with alot of hard working people.But in the last year the place been goin down hill with the new management.Plus they moved farther away and I find the diesel smoke to be hazardous to my health
2 thoughts
Terminal Manager (Current Employee), eau claire, wiJanuary 23, 2015
Co workers are excellent along with the drivers. delivery for excellent company who has great people working there. hardest part of job is leaving it at work other than that they give you what you need to do the job. Shop staff is excellent and do a good job with all repairs
Very productive and fun place to work
Broker Assistant (Former Employee), Conley, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches, bonuses and caring people
Cons: healthcare
I had to try and cover freight with other carriers. I learned a new environment that had to do with transportation. The management was GREAT, the manager really cared about you and helped in every way possible. Co Workers were great, got along very well. Hardest part of the job was at times having issues covering freight. Most enjoyable part was the challenge and the environment.
Ruan has a good work enviroment, that will use all available HOS.
TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: benifits, work enviroment, opportunities.
Cons: no set schedule, time off requires 30 day notice.
Ruan is a good place to work. The wages are fair and the opportunities to learn different types of trailers and accounts are great. You will make a good livable wage for yourself and your family but you won't get rich. The other drivers are fun and interesting and you don't have to worry about leaving your personnel items in a truck overnight. Benefits are good. Medical deductibles are getting high. Managements discipline is often not applied equally. Perfection is a high priority expectation for drivers that is unspoken by management. The dispatchers are very easy to work for and fun to work with. Equipment is always new and very well maintained. Safety training and job training are exceptionally taught so you can take them with you on your next employment.
Good benefits
Transportation Manager (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 13, 2014
Good company to work for.
Got to meet new people and build relationships.
Management for the most part was easy to work with.
Co-workers were good to work with minus the exception of a few personality conflicts.
Disorgannized, poor working condition, no direction
Terminal Manager (Former Employee), Florence, SCDecember 2, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: no office space, no training
Not enough help to do the job, nor organization, No leadeship in upper management
Independent terminals
Transportation Supervisor (Current Employee), Fair Oaks, INOctober 31, 2014
Every terminal within the company is operated like a franchise under the umbrella of Ruan's name.
There is no standardization. Terminal manager is god and no one above or below him/her can alter the set course regardless of morale or ambitions.
There is no support above the terminal manager, so if he/she does not like you, you're out.
If he/she does like you, you're golden.
Currently, a terrible place to work.
I do not recommend working here!!!
Company Driver (Former Employee), Rialto, CaliforniaOctober 18, 2014
Pros: on time pay
Cons: bad management
You work one day not the next, Bad dispatchers, not knowing how to handle
Different situations , all rental trucks, always
Slip seating, may not even get a truck for the
Day or for the trip. Very little miles
Over hired drivers,not enough trucks to go
Around, very little work
Transportation Supervisor
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), texasSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: everything else. no bonuses, no support, no home life.
You basically loose your home life. Management never helps even thought I was a supervisor, we didn't get any support.
Management was prejudice towards women.
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYSeptember 2, 2014
As a supply chain master performing an integrated program management plan, to addresses the approach for all phases of the agenda. The plan concentrates on the synchronized effort of all organizations taking part in the curriculum. Be brilliant in creating an idea to have it quickly shot down, for in a couple weeks, your idea is the management’s fantastic idea.
great company
Lead Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), tolleson azAugust 20, 2014
this company has the best benefits i have ever had. It is a union shop with great management.
Truck rental equipment
Rental Coordinator (Former Employee), Omaha, NEAugust 12, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: my position was elimanted due to sell off of company
I never knew what I was going to face that day and it made it exciting. I would be in charge of renting out units and be able to account for all units at my terminal and other terminals of state. I would also perform the mileage billing for 13 terminals which meant collecting mileage from clients and various maintenance shops. With billing, I also had a list of overdue accounts that I would call on and make arrangements for payments. I worked independently but worked closely with my other people within Ruan. I also was in charge of ordering office supplies and keeping a record of inventory.
decent place to work
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee), salem vaJuly 12, 2014
its a decent place to work, great pay, union, and awesome benefits
Ruan is a great company to work for !!!!!!!!!!!
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, CAJuly 8, 2014
Working along side the Whole Foods Market family was an awesome experience. They really make you feel great about the work you are doing .
A lot of opportunity for upward mobility.
Terminal Manager (Former Employee), Geneva, ILJuly 7, 2014
Pros: upward moblity
Cons: extremely high expectations
Great company to work for, a lot of opportunity for upward mobility, but must be willing to relocate. Decent salary, but very high expectations from upper management. High paced environment.
Prepare to Deal With Very Toxic Customers
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Midlothian, TXJuly 6, 2014
Cons: insufficient training, team building is non-existent, toxic customer
I was at the terminal in Midlothian Texas. The customer, Target is very toxic. The management is very uncooperative and the training is lackluster. You're largely on your own there and it feels like an every man for himself operation.
Always watching you back, unconsistant discpline, left in the dark
Driver (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJuly 4, 2014
Pros: dedicated accounts, paycheck always there
Cons: never explained the full extent of your job, because they dont know what it is, changing staff, not important
I'm been with Ruan for over eight years, and in those eight years the terminals has been through 3 managers, and numberous dispatchers. The old adage here the keys and if you back it back in one piece you have a job. Where the terminal manager or dispatcher tell you about the position is very LITTLE, and generally assume it will be double the work that they tell you. Also Ruan is really BIG on safety, and harp on it all the time, but there no support and backing to the empty words, The terminal manager would rather toss you under the truck than take a stand and support his drivers. I have ask my terminal manger if "He had a minute to talk" and his reply was "No not really" The discipline is all over the board, if you put a scratch on a truck or trailer, you may get a 6 month to year probation, but, if you deliver the wrong product to a customer or damage customer equipment or property and costing them thousands of dollars, you will still have a job, and maybe get a wrist slap. Also you can NEVER get a straight answer on a question, it generally "I don't know", or" I'll get back to you", good luck on the latter, because it won't happen, you have to stay on them until you get the answer, maybe even then you will still get the runaround, "I'm still checking into yet" Ruan has burnt the Des Moines area driver pool so bad over the years that now they have to go outside of the Metro area and offer hiring bonus for you to work for them,

Closing, If you want a job that you need to watch your back, treated like a 2 year old, and made to feel unimportant, and dispose as easy a bag of trash, deal with people who have never driven a truck or what it takes to get the job done, Ruan is the place for you.

Drivers have a little bit of dignity for yourselves and find somewhere else to driver for, You are professionals who are in high demand right now, so you can be picky and can choose for who you drive for.

So be safe, and good luck on your adventures
Operations
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2014
Operartions Manager - Atlanta Terminal is great- Company over good. based out of town so manger changes a lot

1 2 3

About Ruan Transportation

When it comes to trucking, sometimes you have to walk before you can Ruan. Ruan (pronounced RUE-on) Transportation Management – Read more

Ruan Transportation Salaries