Ruan Transportation Employee Reviews

decent pay and benefits...
driver (Current Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJune 18, 2017
Ruan is a good company to work for...you can make good money there...but working nights and weekends and holidays is over whelming at times...then if you do get a day position it is even tougher running to NYC with traffic...
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
work weekends and holidays
Meet with many different customers good working relationships
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Industry, CAJune 14, 2017
Oversee fleet of approximately 500 lease and rental units. Had a shop of 7 to 10 employees and 3 offsite job sites on customer owned properties. Three service trucks ran 24 hrs 7 days a week.
Pros
Good customers and employees
Great place to work,
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNMay 18, 2017
Great place to work. Good runs. Good people to work with. Very cooperative & understanding. Great pay & benefits. Management was top of the line.
Cons
Ruan is a good company, the management is not
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 17, 2017
they never have a setup schedule, they can change the plan anytime, drivers have split days off, the drivers can't call in sick, the routes are not properly planned, some routes are more difficult than other routes... they can request drivers to work on their days off...
Pros
wage
Cons
schedule
productive
diesel technician (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAMay 7, 2017
its a great company just had a lack of proper management i would work there again if the oppurtunity came about great tean of people to work with and positive enviroment
Have not been employed here in 15 years
Regional Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMay 7, 2017
I would not be able to provide a current review of this employer as i have not been employed here for over 15 years. While i i there the management staff was very helpful and clear on needs.
24/7 work available
Line Driver (Former Employee) –  Fernley, NVMay 6, 2017
RUAN Transportation was fun to work/drive for and provided great benifits. The terminal I worked out of picked up and delivered milk from local dairys to California.
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Chaining
Every day different
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Foreman, ARMay 5, 2017
Quick paced, some deadline pressures, overall great place to work, coworkers were great. Some travel for training.
Excellent customer service is expected to be consistent.
Pros
general relaxed environment
Cons
some deadline pressures were intense
Hard work, but fun and fast paced
DISPATCH COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 24, 2017
demanding, fast paced environment. was able to use my knowledge to make the job work for me. customer I worked for was great to me and appreciated my efforts.
Pros
hours, schedule
Cons
support
never has enough trucks and very disorginized
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 5, 2017
i was very excited at first but as time went on they just seemed to be under staffed and disorganized,unfortunately the makes for a bad work environment.
management was great
Terminal Assistant/Shipping Administrator (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILMarch 24, 2017
wonderful place to work at....schedule was kind of hectic.... I loved my job I just wished I could have had a better schedule... staff and management was amazing really grew a bond with them
Avoid at all costs
Driver (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA 50309March 3, 2017
Terrible company to work for. The benefits are TERRIBLE, and they put people in management positions that have no clue about the transportation business. Blind leading the blind and this place.
Steady work, occasional slow downs.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAFebruary 13, 2017
At least where I was dispatched from it was since there is the occasional slow season for about a month ½ during the beginning of the year.

Worked with Tankers hauling liquid sugars and oil based liquid bulk, regional and local routes, mainly local but there were occasional runs to the near by states like NV or AZ.

Based in Los Angeles it was a very comfortable place to walk into with management and office personnel, equipment like the tractors and tanks were kept in good shape, though it hurts the yard having only one mechanic to attend to 10+ tractors, it can be overwhelming at times.

No OT here, all straight time and they will start you off at $19/hour, they will have work for you and if it becomes too slow you have the option of working for other work the company has in other locations, but working with Vans 53' so you can complete your desired amount of hours.

They will train you if you haven't ever worked with tanks and PTO pumps to push out product and into costumers cilos, tanks will be loaded for you and be place where you can just back into them or you might be hooked to a tractor and ready to go, overall is a good place to be in.
Pros
Management, positive office personnel, dispatch is helpful and tries to accommodate your off time needs.
Cons
Lay overs on days you did no expected to be.
Over all working environment
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMFebruary 7, 2017
It' is a good place to work. I really like the company. I enjoyed working with my coworkers which makes working here alot better.
Pros
Advancements
Cons
Challenging and Interesting place to work.
Service Person (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJanuary 28, 2017
The job was challenging with differences in work most days. It also allowed the ability to learn new skills and meet interesting people. The management was fair and the coworkers kept the days interesting. The hardest part of the job was making sure that the inspections were complete because any major issues that were missed could cause major issues in the future. The most rewarding part of the job was to figure out what the cause of a new problem was.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Odd hours to work
very stress full the last few years
Driver/Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJanuary 17, 2017
the first 5-6 years where great no complaints,butt last few years not so good. That's all I'm going to say. To me it's not a company I would recommend .
Good place to work.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 12, 2017
Been there 11 years. There is good and bad at every job. This by far is the best job I have ever had. Deliver to Kroger store. Learn to not listen to other drivers to much. Management works well with you. Coworkers are great for the most part. The hardest part of the job is finding some place to put the product at Kroger stores. Most enjoyable part is being home daily. Moving to Florida for my wifes health. They are working to get me a job in Florida so I can keep my benefits. I will miss working here in Salem. They are like family. Through good and bad. Thanks
Pros
Home daily. Great pay.
Cons
Losing work to outside carrier's.
good people good company
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Geneva, ILJanuary 9, 2017
Nothing bad to say easy people to work with and for. they appreciate your hard work. they don't have the most updated diag tools but you can get around that.
Pros
good people good work enviroment
Cons
small shop
regional work duties to expect
Dedicated Target Account Driver (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAJanuary 1, 2017
As a regional driver, I plan routes to meet delivery schedules. I transport goods and materials to contracted retail companies. Document logs, pre/post trips, and fuels. Report any defects, accidents, and violations. Truck inspections and follow company, local, state, and federal procedures always. I attend driver safety meetings, as scheduled. Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
run by customer not employer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 17, 2016
Great people, great ideas, just need to get identity back. RUAN has great systems, training, knowledge and people. Stand by your beliefs and run your business, don't let customer dictate your culture.
Pros
People
Cons
You dont work for Ruan

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruan Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.