Rubin Museum of Art Employee Reviews in United States

Best work environment I've ever known.
Educator and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2015
The people that worked at the Rubin made this an exceptional opportunity to practice my craft of educating while feeling supported and valued.
Very interesting museum
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2014
At first glance you might think the Rubin is simply Buddhist art. However, once you walk inside, you are quickly met with extremely affable and knowledgeable staff who know about not only the collection but can discuss a myriad of art related interests with you.

For one of NY's newest museum's, the Rubin's core management has remained rather constant and it's Board President is actively involved in the institution which is rare in the non-profit sector.

I had some wonderful colleagues, all of whom were skilled in their craft and appreciated the work/life balance ratio.

The most enjoyable part of my position was employee relations, recruitment, policy development and benefits administration.
Pros
great programs. working with intelligent people!
very product and interesting place to work and it is the best in USA
Curatorial Fellow (Current Employee) –  140 17th Street, New York, NYFebruary 16, 2014
1. My typical day of work was on the bad weather day, where i have to attend a meeting and could not make it in time.
2. Learnt the techniques on researching of Himalayan art and whole Asian art with the senior and learned scholars.
3. Entire western method of museum management and education was the new additional knowledge for me.
4. My co-workers are very helpful and cooperative and knowledgeable in all the departments in the museum.
5. The hardest part of my job was when i have to identify the deities and images on a particular painting which came in as new acquisition/Gift/donation in the museum and when i could not find any references to identify them.
6. The most enjoyable part of my job was studying the thangka collections from my country (Bhutan) and writing about them.
Pros
often there were lunches and free drinks whenever there was late programs
Cons
best was the health care provided by rubin museum