Rubin Museum of Art

Rubin Museum of Art Employer Reviews

very product and interesting place to work and it is the best in USA
Curatorial Fellow (Current Employee), 140 17th Street, New York, NYFebruary 16, 2014
Pros: often there were lunches and free drinks whenever there was late programs
Cons: best was the health care provided by rubin museum
1. My typical day of work was on the bad weather day, where i have to attend a meeting and could not make it in time.
2. Learnt the techniques on researching of Himalayan art and whole Asian art with the senior and learned scholars.
3. Entire western method of museum management and education was the new additional knowledge for me.
4. My co-workers are very helpful and cooperative and knowledgeable in all the departments in the museum.
5. The hardest part of my job was when i have to identify the deities and images on a particular painting which came in as new acquisition/Gift/donation in the museum and when i could not find any references to identify them.
6. The most enjoyable part of my job was studying the thangka collections from my country (Bhutan) and writing about them.

About Rubin Museum of Art

One of New York City's newest cultural organizations, The Rubin Museum of Art (150 W. 17th St., 212-620-5000, http://www.rmanyc.org) – Read more