Rubio's Coastal Grill Employee Reviews

Worst first job
General Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 14, 2017
This was my first job and it was fun for a few months until I was sexually harassed. Management took a long time to take any action. Also every time I tried to quit management would ask my mom if I could stay. My MOM
Awesome job
General Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 13, 2017
Great job to start with, negative is there isn't benefits. Works with your schedule and great management. Hardest part of the job was just how easy it is. It can get a bit tedious, however it's a fun, and great place to start.
fun work enviroment current managment sucks though
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJune 7, 2017
Easy place to work,Training was easy and quick. was not there for long but moving up seems to be a fair process good workers move up while lazy ones are left at the bottom.
Pros
good starter job for cooking
Cons
no free food
fast casual restaurant with great food
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 7, 2017
Long hours. Had to work lots of days off. I worked with some good and some not so good people. Decent benefits. Not lots of opportunities in the Denver market to grow as they only have a few locations
Pros
free manager meals, decent benefits
Cons
long hours, always short staffed
good for a first job
Cashier/Cook/Server (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVJune 5, 2017
Lots of friendly coworkers however there is also lots of drama similar to high school. Also the managers are not trained very well so there is a lot of chaos within the store and between the employees and management.
Fast Paced Work and Lots of Team Work
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Habra, CAJune 3, 2017
The work here was pretty good. I was mostly a cook in the kitchen which was pretty fun because we worked as a team to make food together, but it was pretty stressful at times especially on Taco Tuesday or on movie nights (our location was next to Regal Cinemas). Overall the work was good and the management was nice as well.
Pros
Time flies by
Cons
Stressful
lousy pay
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAMay 31, 2017
The company pays very lousy, never gives raises. Mgmt lazy expects shift leaders to do their job. don't care about employees needs, not very flexible with schedule
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager Retail (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAMay 31, 2017
Great food with great employees. Rubios offers a great opportunity for its employees to achieve upwards mobility within the company. The work is very routine and consistent,
Pros
Great Food
Cons
Long night shifts
Great place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Solana Beach, CAMay 30, 2017
Overall nice place to work, I loved every one that worked there and everyone that came in. Great food and great location. I will definitely be missing the fish tank.
Okay job!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 30, 2017
The staff were okay to work with, some of them were strange, but I think you risk that at almost any job. It's a fairly slow restaurant, part of a big chain. The uniform was okay. A good filler job, but nothing too exciting. I wouldn't go back to work there again.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Boring
Trabajo pasivo
Cook line (Current Employee) –  Pacific Beach,San Diego,CaliforniaMay 29, 2017
Me gusta mucho que los clientes son muy amables y el ambiente en el trabajo es muy despacio.
Pros
Siempre tienen horas axesibles
Cons
No todos los empleados hacen lo que les corresponde
Hard work but good people
Cook/ Guest Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold River, CAMay 25, 2017
There was a lot of work to be done but it was a fun and productive work place. If you enjoy working with food i recommend applying for this company and enjoy yourself.
A good place to train as a shift leader
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, Palm Springs & La Quinta, CAMay 11, 2017
Busy for the most part.
It's a good place to train as a shift leader. They have a decent training handbook. They were really guest oriented and that is a big part of their success.
Pros
Their shift leader training manual.
Cons
very little opportunity of advancement. You might be promised tthe assistant manager position, if it goes for more than 6 months its not going to happen.
Fun and exciting
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 9, 2017
It was a to be able to pick up learning. I went through couple of management changes, and some were good and not so good. I enjoyed working with all the staff and environment.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Short breaks
stressful enviornment, no managerly help
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAMay 7, 2017
I had a lot of stress working here. Management was very poor and scheduling took too long to process. There was no training done, to know all the you were just expected to know all the recipes and know how to put it together.
Pros
made a friend
Cons
no training, terrible manager
great, place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAMay 3, 2017
my typical day of work just waking up early get there at 10:00am do the dishes ask my boss what's next to do and she tells me to clean up the store clean one it hits 11 or 12 I start grilling and ones its slow I start doing prep, what I learn from working from rubios is the team work is a most importing at work they ask u to do this and u better do it if not your just slowing down the rest of your group, the management is great one of the greatest manager I work on and most enjoyable I work one and the team and eating there lol
Cons
short breaks 30 to 10
I learned not to eat at Rubios
Cook (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2017
Working at Rubio's was not too bad until the day I first closed since they had me put a cast iron skillet in the mop sink with chemicals and a constantly clogged drain. Then most of my fellow co-workers did not put effort into the job, which put more work on the other co-workers. Management was not the greatest, it seemed they were put into their position just by being there for such a long time even though they were clearly under qualified.
Its as fun as the employees make it
GSA guest service agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2017
Each rubios is different. The food is the same. Sometimes tastes different depending on kitchen staff. Most employees are awesome some are not. Everyone has opions. Job was easy.
Pros
Pay raises each 6 months or longer
Cons
No breaks really
Great workplace with amazing employees!
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 24, 2017
I came into Rubios welcomed with a smile from everyone and much patience during the training period. Overall, the place is clean, customers are polite, and the employees are great to work with. Would definitely recommend this place of work to a friend and actually got a friend along with my sister hired there.
Awesome place to work. Great managers. Great environment. Fresh food also
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 21, 2017
The job is one you have to get ahold of but is simple when you get the hang of it. Working at Rubio's makes you a better employee all around and makes getting other jobs easier.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rubio's Coastal Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9