Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill

Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill United States Employee Reviews

Great management.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Mesa, ArizonaJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: great advancement options.
Cons: uneven scheduling.
This company was wonderfully managed. I always felt that there was someone I could talk to if I had an issue. This was also a great place to gain management experience. I learned how to manage staff, business and customer relations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was creating lasting relationships with patrons of the business.
Fast-pace environment, regular guests.
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: free lunches, interaction with guests, responsiblity
Cons: i don't get paid enough for the amount of responsibility and work i do, i feel unappreciated and sometimes untrained.
A typical day at work for me would be clocking in, followed by counting a register for myself and make sure all of my team members have a drawer to their name as well. I have to fill out a temperature sheet and then continue with the shift by taking orders, expediting orders and making sure our guests have the best experience. About an hour before we close, I usually count at least one drawer, help the cooks or cashiers by helping them start cleaning for closing. Once we're closed, I count all registers, enter our prep and waste for the night, followed by counting the safe and that night's deposit. The final thing I do is make sure everything is locked up and clean before I set the alarm and lock the doors. I've learned many things and customer service is definitely the first. I've always been a people-person and everyone tells me that. It has also taught me professional skills, the proper way to talk to guests, what to say and what not to say. I have trained for management and I've learned about how many different kinds of harassment there are and what to do if someone is being harassed.I am a strong believer in teamwork and I don't believe my co-workers have that right now, which is unfortunate. The hardest part and the most enjoyable part of my job is being in management. It can be very difficult at times when the weight of the entire team is on my shoulders, however, that's what makes it enjoyable for me as well. I love responsibility and when my co-workers don't know the answer to something, they come to me. It can be stressful but it has its perks.
Worst job I ever had
Cashier (Former Employee), Chandler, AZAugust 31, 2014
Pros: good food at decent prices
Cons: the team i worked for was very unprofessional
working with food was never an issue I loved the smell and that I got a decent discount and the pay wasn't too bad, however the team that I worked with pretty much drove me to quit my job, they constantly harassed me every day that I worked, especially the supervisor he would always make rude comments like "I can't wait for you to get fired or quit"and "How many mistakes are you going to make today?" one time he even made a bet that I would make a mistake and that if I did he would give my shifts to another co-worker one of the cashiers used me as a human punching bag, one of the cooks who some times would work as a cashier would take money out of my drawer when it was open, I caught him doing it at least twice which was why I kept coming up short on my register but the GM didn't even bother looking at the tapes on her video screen. This team made me feel so unwelcome to a point where most days I would come home in tears because of how awful I was being treated. Honestly There is a difference between constructive criticism and being cruel which in my opinion this team went above and beyond to make me quit... they didn't want to fire me solely on the fact that I would have filed for unemployment
Just don't work here
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Aurora, COAugust 14, 2014
Would not recommend working here, Half off of meals. Coworkers constantly harassed me and I was met with little help from my boss.
Great Food
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), 44th Street and Indian School RdAugust 6, 2014
Fun place to work and they have great ideas that get added to the menu.
great place to learn how to cook and great training in customer service.
Cook (Current Employee), Pico Rivera, CAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: cooking, fast paced, customer service
Cons: only part time
great place to learn how to prepare food properly as well as learning the right temperatures of proteins. it is fast paced and sanitary.
Customer service is great! training was provided.
Hostile Environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Broomfield, COJuly 1, 2014
As the store location and my position are displayed with my review, I do not wish to share my thoughts on the company. (Would not recommend)
To find a positive work place
Shift-leader (Current Employee), Santa RosaApril 29, 2014
To further my career and exceed the expectations of this position.
Love The Guests
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), CarefreeApril 16, 2014
Love working and training my team on new things.
Typical day come in TIP my team on what is expected in them for the day. Hardest part is keep food cost where it needs to be
Busy but sometimes stressful
Cashier (Former Employee), Roseville, CAApril 9, 2014
A typical days work at Rubio's would consist of taking orders, serving food, stocking supplies and cleaning the area. Management was good. Most co-workers were fun to work with and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers.
Always have a wonderful experience working.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Vista, CANovember 27, 2013
I love gaining a connection with the customers. My co-workers are amazing and always there to help. I really enjoy working here.
Cool co-workers
Manager (Shift Leader) (Current Employee), Ontario, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: great employee discount, camaraderie, interaction w/guests
Cons: lack of benefits, advancement and pay
Cool place to work at. Co-workers are really awesome and everything works out well if you know how to get along with others and basically do your job. Too strict of a routine however.
Great company with good values.
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAOctober 24, 2013
great place to work the food is great, and the service is great.
Great if you're a woman
Assistant manager (Former Employee), San DiegoMay 9, 2013
Pros: no late nights
Cons: upper management
Very pro-female in most districts. It was pointed out to me by a guest that, as a man, I'd never be promoted. No support from district managers, no coaching or development after your training weeks
Its a great work enviorment
Prep Cook (Current Employee), 1 W. Flat Iron Circle Broomfield,Co 80021January 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches on breaks
Cons: health care for you and you're family and also inculdes dental plan
Typical day at work i would go in and the employes would great me ask me how my day was. I learned how to make great fresca salsas and chili salsas and also how to make a mean guacamole recipe. Management is great and friendly. My co-works are amazing they help me when i ask for help and if i miss anything they help me out and well they are awesome they all taught me great skills. Hardest part of the job was making the guacamole sauce it takes such a long time and well that's why you have to do it last. the most enjoyable part of the job is the cooking i love cooking and this job is teaching me more and more things everyday.
Run a business with a safety net
General Manager (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: creative control, decent benefits
Cons: upper management, work/life ratio, training
Semi fast environment with opportunites to grow with own initiative. Upper management has oportunities with creating a happy workplace.
Cool and Fun Place To Work
Cashier, Expediter (Current Employee), Lakewood, CADecember 17, 2012
When you work at Rubios Fresh Mexican Grill, you are entering into a very free spirited, very fun, and very customer orriented work enviorment.
fun work
General Manager (Former Employee), Ramona, CADecember 17, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: salary
nice company and culture,hard part is the long shift hours, i request a transfer to a near restaurant, since it was an opening and I knew i was a great manager.
Great company focused on exceptional quality food and guest service.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, ArizonaDecember 8, 2012
Pros: team member developement.
Cons: hours of operation.
Fantastic management all the way from the top down. Fun and exciting environment with great guests.
Rubios was okay
Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAOctober 29, 2012
Pros: free food for managers
Cons: pay
They didnt pay that well and you will never get a raise but being in CA it is pretty hard to live off of what they pay