Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill

Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill Employer Reviews

Hostile Environment
Shift Leader (Current Employee), Broomfield, COJuly 1, 2014
As the store location and my position are displayed with my review, I do not wish to share my thoughts on the company. (Would not recommend)
To find a positive work place
Shift-leader (Current Employee), Santa RosaApril 29, 2014
To further my career and exceed the expectations of this position.
Love The Guests
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), CarefreeApril 16, 2014
Love working and training my team on new things.
Typical day come in TIP my team on what is expected in them for the day. Hardest part is keep food cost where it needs to be
Busy but sometimes stressful
Cashier (Former Employee), Roseville, CAApril 9, 2014
A typical days work at Rubio's would consist of taking orders, serving food, stocking supplies and cleaning the area. Management was good. Most co-workers were fun to work with and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers.
Always have a wonderful experience working.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Vista, CANovember 27, 2013
I love gaining a connection with the customers. My co-workers are amazing and always there to help. I really enjoy working here.
Cool co-workers
Manager (Shift Leader) (Current Employee), Ontario, CANovember 19, 2013
Pros: great employee discount, camaraderie, interaction w/guests
Cons: lack of benefits, advancement and pay
Cool place to work at. Co-workers are really awesome and everything works out well if you know how to get along with others and basically do your job. Too strict of a routine however.
Great company with good values.
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee), Corona, CAOctober 24, 2013
great place to work the food is great, and the service is great.
Great if you're a woman
Assistant manager (Former Employee), San DiegoMay 9, 2013
Pros: no late nights
Cons: upper management
Very pro-female in most districts. It was pointed out to me by a guest that, as a man, I'd never be promoted. No support from district managers, no coaching or development after your training weeks
Its a great work enviorment
Prep Cook (Current Employee), 1 W. Flat Iron Circle Broomfield,Co 80021January 28, 2013
Pros: free lunches on breaks
Cons: health care for you and you're family and also inculdes dental plan
Typical day at work i would go in and the employes would great me ask me how my day was. I learned how to make great fresca salsas and chili salsas and also how to make a mean guacamole recipe. Management is great and friendly. My co-works are amazing they help me when i ask for help and if i miss anything they help me out and well they are awesome – more... they all taught me great skills. Hardest part of the job was making the guacamole sauce it takes such a long time and well that's why you have to do it last. the most enjoyable part of the job is the cooking i love cooking and this job is teaching me more and more things everyday. – less
Run a business with a safety net
General Manager (Former Employee), Elk Grove, CAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: creative control, decent benefits
Cons: upper management, work/life ratio, training
Semi fast environment with opportunites to grow with own initiative. Upper management has oportunities with creating a happy workplace.
Cool and Fun Place To Work
Cashier, Expediter (Current Employee), Lakewood, CADecember 17, 2012
When you work at Rubios Fresh Mexican Grill, you are entering into a very free spirited, very fun, and very customer orriented work enviorment.
fun work
General Manager (Former Employee), Ramona, CADecember 17, 2012
Pros: salary
Cons: salary
nice company and culture,hard part is the long shift hours, i request a transfer to a near restaurant, since it was an opening and I knew i was a great manager.
Great company focused on exceptional quality food and guest service.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, ArizonaDecember 8, 2012
Pros: team member developement.
Cons: hours of operation.
Fantastic management all the way from the top down. Fun and exciting environment with great guests.
Rubios was okay
Manager (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAOctober 29, 2012
Pros: free food for managers
Cons: pay
They didnt pay that well and you will never get a raise but being in CA it is pretty hard to live off of what they pay
Fast paced and ever changing.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Seal Beach, CASeptember 16, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Working in the food industry is a very challenging thing. Here I was required to help manage and develop employees. I assisted the general manager in growth of the business. We promoted within the community to build brand recognition.
Leadership, Confidence, Communication, Problem Solving, Ability to work under pressure,Flexible with Change,Loyalty,Team player.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Surprise, ArizonaSeptember 9, 2012
A typical day at work is quick passed and high demand. Working beside coworkers in successfully allocating an award winning company in the Phoenix office serving 3000+ employees. What I valued most about working at my last employer is the work relationship that developed over the Five years with the employees. I learned that going above and beyond for – more... my cliental not only creates a meaningful work environment but a career worth having and valuing. – less
Productive work environment and friendly customers
Cashier (Former Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 4, 2012
Pros: received food at half price
Cons: restaurant can get a bit messy
My job was to take food orders, take them to their buyers, and make sure the dining area was well cleaned. You are pretty much a one person army. Staff was very generous and we looked out after each other. Best part of the job was the people, employees and customers. Rubio's restaurant had an upbeat environment that was a sure pleasure.
Fun place to work and you get great training
Cashier (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2012
Pros: half off lunches
Cons: only one 10 minute break if u work under 5 hours
Once you learn the menu, everything is easy. You can answer customers questions more efficiently. We also did a little restocking during lunch rush and a little food prep in the morning. Funnest part about the job was making deliveries.
Quality of life at a price
General Manager (Former Employee), Chino Hills, CAMay 25, 2012
Rubio's has a great quality of life and benefits and pay are standard for the industry and high for a QSR. However Rubio's regularly turns its management teams. Just watch the postings. They are always hiring and for the same locations. If you location is not performing you won't be there long, and don't do to good this year cause you will need to top – more... it next year. – less