Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill Employee Reviews in United States

team orientated place to work
line cook (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 5, 2016
I work on the cooking line. My job is to prepare the meats that go into our menu items. My team members are very helpful and trained me well. The hardest part about my job is that they only give me one day a week so it is difficult to stay updated on promotions and new menu items.
Great company.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 28, 2016
My GM was a great leader and motivator. He really worked with the employees to ensure everyone was happy at work. As far as our training manager the Assistant Manager was not a very good leader and had much trouble micro-managing. She was easily frustrated. I've learned a lot working here at Rubio's some things ive learned were to; micro-manage people, handle deposits and enter deposits in the computers, learned how to cook on all the lines in the kitchen. Everyday has its challenges I do not really like to think that jobs have hard parts at all times. The most enjoyable part about of the job were my co-workers.
Would not recommend.
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJuly 3, 2016
Toxic work environment, poor pay for the amount of work that is asked of you, every man for himself kind of attitude. Hours were relatively really good, but that's about the only positive thing about working here.
Great company with happy employees
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 16, 2015
Great place to work. Not much advancement past being a Store Manager though.
The employees here were always happy everyday and generally enjoyed their job. Management was very understanding an genuinely care about their employees and their personal lives.
Fast and overwhelm
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAApril 23, 2016
the hardest part was able to increase transactions, parking was terrible for all customers, great loyal customers and employees.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care
fun and great learning environment.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 26, 2015
it was an honor to work there and learn new things.I learned to work as a team and independently .Co-workers were great.it was an honor to work there and learn new things.I learned to work as a team and independently .Co-workers were great.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Great management.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Mesa, ArizonaJanuary 5, 2015
This company was wonderfully managed. I always felt that there was someone I could talk to if I had an issue. This was also a great place to gain management experience. I learned how to manage staff, business and customer relations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was creating lasting relationships with patrons of the business.
Pros
great advancement options.
Cons
uneven scheduling.
Fun place to work we were all like a small family
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAOctober 8, 2015
I loved working at Rubios, made friendships that will last a life time. Everyone was a family there and the Manager was like a second mom to most of us, always did above and beyond to make sure we were ready for the day.
Pros
50% off
Cons
breaks
Productive but challenging
Guest Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZMarch 18, 2015
A typical work day consisted of 4 hours minimum and 8 hours maximum. I cant say I really learned anything working here other than working in an environment where the managers take full advantage of their title is ok to a certain extent if involving other managers. Management here was unprofessional and misleading. The job wasn't difficult it was working with certain individuals that made the job at hand difficult. The most rewarding part about the job was getting to meet new people everyday.
Pros
the customers
Cons
management
Quality of life at a price
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMay 25, 2012
Rubio's has a great quality of life and benefits and pay are standard for the industry and high for a QSR. However Rubio's regularly turns its management teams. Just watch the postings. They are always hiring and for the same locations. If you location is not performing you won't be there long, and don't do to good this year cause you will need to top it next year.
Cool co-workers
Manager (Shift Leader) (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 19, 2013
Cool place to work at. Co-workers are really awesome and everything works out well if you know how to get along with others and basically do your job. Too strict of a routine however.
Pros
great employee discount, camaraderie, interaction w/guests
Cons
lack of benefits, advancement and pay
Its a great work enviorment
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  1 W. Flat Iron Circle Broomfield,Co 80021January 28, 2013
Typical day at work i would go in and the employes would great me ask me how my day was. I learned how to make great fresca salsas and chili salsas and also how to make a mean guacamole recipe. Management is great and friendly. My co-works are amazing they help me when i ask for help and if i miss anything they help me out and well they are awesome they all taught me great skills. Hardest part of the job was making the guacamole sauce it takes such a long time and well that's why you have to do it last. the most enjoyable part of the job is the cooking i love cooking and this job is teaching me more and more things everyday.
Pros
free lunches on breaks
Cons
health care for you and you're family and also inculdes dental plan
Run a business with a safety net
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAJanuary 22, 2013
Semi fast environment with opportunites to grow with own initiative. Upper management has oportunities with creating a happy workplace.
Pros
creative control, decent benefits
Cons
upper management, work/life ratio, training
fun work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ramona, CADecember 17, 2012
nice company and culture,hard part is the long shift hours, i request a transfer to a near restaurant, since it was an opening and I knew i was a great manager.
Pros
salary
Cons
salary
I loved it there
General manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2015
Rubios was a great company to work for, I learned a lot from this company. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning to market my business
Leadership, Confidence, Communication, Problem Solving, Ability to work under pressure,Flexible with Change,Loyalty,Team player.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Surprise, ArizonaSeptember 9, 2012
A typical day at work is quick passed and high demand. Working beside coworkers in successfully allocating an award winning company in the Phoenix office serving 3000+ employees. What I valued most about working at my last employer is the work relationship that developed over the Five years with the employees. I learned that going above and beyond for my cliental not only creates a meaningful work environment but a career worth having and valuing.
Rubios was okay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 29, 2012
They didnt pay that well and you will never get a raise but being in CA it is pretty hard to live off of what they pay
Pros
free food for managers
Cons
pay
Worst job I ever had
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 31, 2014
working with food was never an issue I loved the smell and that I got a decent discount and the pay wasn't too bad, however the team that I worked with pretty much drove me to quit my job, they constantly harassed me every day that I worked, especially the supervisor he would always make rude comments like "I can't wait for you to get fired or quit"and "How many mistakes are you going to make today?" one time he even made a bet that I would make a mistake and that if I did he would give my shifts to another co-worker one of the cashiers used me as a human punching bag, one of the cooks who some times would work as a cashier would take money out of my drawer when it was open, I caught him doing it at least twice which was why I kept coming up short on my register but the GM didn't even bother looking at the tapes on her video screen. This team made me feel so unwelcome to a point where most days I would come home in tears because of how awful I was being treated. Honestly There is a difference between constructive criticism and being cruel which in my opinion this team went above and beyond to make me quit... they didn't want to fire me solely on the fact that I would have filed for unemployment
Pros
good food at decent prices
Cons
the team i worked for was very unprofessional
Review for Rubios
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2015
Rubio's was fast paced and an exciting environment. I worked with a wide variety of people on a daily basis. I learned a lot about managing a restaurant, providing customer service and creating a positive environment. The hardest part of the job was the long days and unpredictable hours.
Great company focused on exceptional quality food and guest service.
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, ArizonaDecember 8, 2012
Fantastic management all the way from the top down. Fun and exciting environment with great guests.
Pros
team member developement.
Cons
hours of operation.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

Rubio's Fresh Mexican Grill Reviews by Location