Rubio's

Rubio's Employer Reviews

always busy at work and love working in a great environment
Food Server, Line Cook, Food Prep (Current Employee), Valencia, CAAugust 1, 2014
make sure there is enough chicken and beef cooked and chopped up if not do it. make sure that were stocked up for the shift. wash dishes if need be and/or make the food that is or has been ordered. I've learned that timing and prep work is always a major factor in any type of work. we have pretty good management and co-workers. the hardest part is when there is a rush and were not stocked or short handed but we always manage and thats when we all enjoy it.
Rubios review
Cashier, Customer Service, Busser (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJuly 18, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: miscommunication between co-workers..
The environment of the restaurant is friendly. Regular guests come in frequently, and my location was convenient to shops to take my breaks at.
productive
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Victorville, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: complaints
love the crew, environment, hardest part was dealing with guest and employee complaints. in general loved working here
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), West JordanJune 19, 2014
Pros: free meal while working, on the job management training
Cons: everything that comes with the food industry
My experience with Rubio's has been great overall. There has been some inconsistency with management, but as a whole I will not complain. It is a great culture, with a great product that gives anyone who takes initiative a chance to propel themselves into a decent career.
What a Day
General Manager (Current Employee), San Clemente, CAMay 13, 2014
Pros: free lunch, everyday is different, no late nights, benefits
Cons: short break/no break, life work balance, lots of paperwork
Typical work day at Rubio's starts off with greeting everyone that is working, I like to keep it a family environment and I feel that by saying Good Morning to everyone makes everyone feel welcome. I like to then check over the numbers for the previous day making sure that we are in line to make food cost. Once I have completed that I check my email to see if any changes or updates are happening. Once I have completed that I will be on the floor starting with a team meeting setting the goals and cleaning tasks for the day also making sure we are set up for lunch rush, finishing up any last minute tasks, making sure my team are getting a chance to take their break. The lunch rush usually lasts about 3 hours and during that time I am cycling the restaurant that consists of table touching, cycling the kitchen ensuring that the team are following the proper safety and sanitation procedures, tasting food making sure that all food is being maintained to the proper temperatures. Once the lunch rush is over it is time to get things cleaned up and restock what ever needs to be restocked. Managers work 10.5 hours a day it is important to plan your day so that everything that you need to get done is able to get done before you leave for the day. I do not manage from the office I enjoy being on the floor working with my team and talking to the guests that come in everyday that is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Fun workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Emeryville,CAMarch 29, 2014
Pros: being acknowledge for your efforts. meeting new people.
The hardest part of being with this company was shift leader. I had no prior experience. Once i got the hang of the position, then everything was great. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to have communication and a connection with my co-workers.
great place to start when you just start off in a new state
Cook (Former Employee), Lake Forest, CAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: free pop/ drinks
Cons: if you do only 4 hrs you only get a 10 min break
I clock in make sure everything is supplied that we have chicken, steak, small and big tortillas. Make sure we have chips and extra's for the rest of the night. I learned more team work skill through taco Tuesday along with communication skills. My co-workers are good people and we all get along well. The hardest part of the job would have to be keeping up with steak demands along side with fish on taco Tuesday. The fish station becomes its own station on Tuesday nights. the most enjoying part would be the fast pace area rushes trying not to fall behind everyone/ keeping up with demands.
fast paced,friendly place
Customer service (Former Employee), Ramona, CADecember 20, 2013
Pros: free coupons
Cons: not enough hours
fast paced,friendly place. The hardest part of the job was washing pots and pans. Helping others made my day.
Fun environment and people on certain days
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZOctober 6, 2013
This company is a great starting job! But there is no advancement at this company. I worked there for a year and watched immature and inexperienced employees receive raises while I was working full time as a minor, but receiving the short end of the stick.
cook
Cook (Former Employee), Vacaville, CASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: discont on lunch
Cons: not enough hours
i stood over a stove and flipped tortilas
i would then pass it down the line
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Brentwood, CAAugust 19, 2013
Constantly had something to do so it kept you on your toes and busy so that your shifts seemed to fly by.
Fun place to work, however allot of pressure to perform.
Line Cook / Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAMay 20, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, meal discounts, equipment discounts.
Cons: part time work only, no benafits untill 5 years with company.
I have been cross trianed for all positions in the back of the house and front of the house, there is an opportunity for promotion.
Productive, Fun & Fast paced
Shift Leader (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: free meal while working, 50% off to friends and family, insurrance options
Cons: not very professional demeanors/ habits from the managers
Insuring all rules and regulations are enforced and in effect. Cash handling such as open/closing procedures and bank deposits.
Interacting with customers in the dining room as frequently as possible.

Management did not act as professional as they could have. (They made personal comments towards employees, and were often inappropriate.)
Productive & Fun Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Mascotte, FLSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no breaks
You go to work , start a cash register for you given by one of the managers. The managers work around your school or activities for your work schedule. Usually a friendly environment unless there is stress. Co-workers are usually enjoyable to work with but there's always that one person that causes problems.
GREAT WORK ENVIORNMENT
COOK (Former Employee), CHULA VISTA,CAJuly 5, 2011
Pros: good food
-STAFF IS EASY TO GET ALONG WITH.
-MANAGEMENT IS GOOD.

About Rubio's

There's something fishy about these restaurants, but it's not suspicious in any way. Rubio's Restaurants operates a popular chain – Read more