We are looking for a highly motivated, positive and creative (male/female) to fill a Sous-chef position at the Ruby Springs Lodge in the heart of the Ruby Valley in SW Montana.
Here at the Ruby Spring Lodge we pride ourselves in using fresh, high end, and when available local products. We like to give our clients the freshest of products, so we make most everything from scratch. From our pasta to our bread, desserts and sauces (demi~glace, stocks, etc.), we make with passion in the classic and modern art of cooking.
To top it off we also have our own curing room in which we make all ranges of cured meats from breasola, pancetta, salamis, prosciutto, sausages and whatever our minds bring us to create.
The Sous-Chef is responsible for supporting the Executive Chef in leading a team that deliver high-quality, great tasting food. The Sous-Chef supports the Executive Chef to ensure menu items are executed with excellence for our guests. Additionally, the Sous-Chef supports managing quality in all aspects of their job.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to hit the ground running, have a positive work attitude, be friendly and work well with others. They should be comfortable managing food quality and presentation, along with assisting with other elements such as food and labor cost, purchasing, menu prep, and all aspects of hygiene (HACCP, FIFO, Cleaning etc.). They will also help oversee the supervision of stewards.
The successful candidate will be comfortable managing the main kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong Oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organizational ability
- Able to work flexible, sometimes long hours
- Able to exert up to 50 lbs of force occasionally and 10 lbs of force frequently.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, and percentages.
- Ability to apply basic math concepts of addition, subtraction, division and multiplication.
- Ability to solve practical problems under stress and in a short time frame
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to get along with others and work as a team.
- Ability to handle a fast paced frequently changing environment.
To sum it all up we are a small kitchen crew, but take pride in our work and have fun doing it. We are not a restaurant in terms, so we do not serve hundreds of clients a night. We focus on our guests, on average (15-30) at a time. This gives us more time and focus on giving our guests high end quality meals.
You will have 2 days off per week. We are located approximately 80 miles from Bozeman, in the town of Alder. Its the perfect spot for anyone who loves the outdoors and enjoys small town living.
It is highly recommended that the candidate have a car and valid driver’s license. Housing can be arranged as part of your salary package which is a mile from the work site.
If you are interested in applying for this job please contact our Head Chef Patric Held via E-mail with a resume, motivation letter, photo, and references. Salary information will be talked over during the interview.
We thank you for your interest in working with us and look forward to hearing from you
Chef de cuisine
Ruby Springs Lodge
P.O. Box 119 Alder, Montana, 59710
(406)-842-5250 ext. 17