Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 1,910 reviews matching the search
In prior years I would have given much higher ratings, but change in upper management of the company has not made it a very fun place to work anymore.
General Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJanuary 30, 2016
*typical day at work has in more recent years not been as fun, with more time spent on paperwork than mingling with the guests and directing the team.
*I did learn quite a bit working for the company, my computer skills are much better than they used to be, just overall how to run a great restaurant with great people over the years.
*My assistants were fantastic, and former Director as well. As said before, in recent years they have not been very enjoyable.
*My location had a great team from top to bottom.
*The hardest part of the job is the people piece, and while I immensely enjoyed it can be challenging at times just because you deal with so many variables.
*Same as above. I Iove developing people. Also the interaction with the guests, we had many regulars.
Pros
401-K with match, vacation, generally competitive wages, free meals.
Cons
health care benefits, upper management.
Fun
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2016
Working as a server is fun for several reasons. I'm definitely a people person with great customer service skills and this jobs has an opportunity to exercise both. Daily pay is awesome. And I love a job where I'm on the move as opposed to sitting at a desk. The drawback is similar to Uber; it lacks job security and benefits.
Pros
Daily pay, people interaction, self managments
Cons
Lack of beneftis and advancement
Fun workplace
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMarch 11, 2016
It was a great fun place to work. there were always laughs with management and the other co-workers. I got to know alot of the regulars that would come in to either sit at the bar or request me personally.
Pros
was able to receive full time benifits, management worked with my schedule while I went to school
Cons
sometimes would be sent home early because it was to slow.The area that the restaurant was located, the quest didn't tip well
Fun work place, management suffered.
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAMarch 28, 2016
This job was tough, the responsibility outweighed the compensation greatly. i learned a lot of delegation skills and management skills at this job. Management suffered at this job because it was not strong enough to take charge of the strong personalities that worked here.
Pros
great environment
Cons
bad management, terrible compensation.
Typical environment
All around (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLApril 5, 2016
Typical corporate environment lies from ground up. Attempts at micro management at every point. Food fresh out of the can or freezer, but perception is reality right and they believe it so they keep serving it to them. Management and general management will throw you under the bus when they need to save themselves this on top of nepotism being grossly displayed as if something to pride oneself on. The people you'll work with will be really cool and that will help get you through till the point where you realize you shouldn't have take the job in the first place, but again the people you'll meet and come to know will make the exploitation worth it. Don't expect to make any real money because again it's a typical corporate environment they'll make sure that your hours average out to where they don't have to offer you insurance, a raise or a vacation, and yes you will still be expected to be grateful after being taken for a ride. But you'll see managers going on vacation every other day. Raises are a joke if you even get one but again don't expect to make any real money because people that have been there for over a decade are still only making their bills if even that. Also their managers are thieves so you'd better watch who you're there with at night so their theft doesn't get pegged to you. It's that place where everyone knows who stole it but can't do anything about because their camera's are fake and the managers who are ripping the safe off blind know that.
Pros
The people you'll directly with with
Cons
Management and above they're shysters and liars.
advancing easy not worth it
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMarch 24, 2016
advancing is easy, because they are desperate.. If you want to work with a management staff who doesn't communicate with one another, and plays favorites.. APPLY! The benefits blow, but the money is good.
Excellent worrk experience gained
Server (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VA/ Clinton, MDOctober 3, 2015
A typical work day would be hands-on contact with customers and upselling the product. I've learned great customer service, the goal is to always have the customers leave happy and anxious to return, also how to upsell the product that benefits the company and the guest. Management and coworkers was very helpful and hands-on, Loved there work ethic. The hardest part about my job was trying to be patient with the cooks and customers on a busy day, although I keep the customers happy and made sure they understood the status on their food/drinks.. The most enjoyable moment part about my job is that it didn't feel like a job never a dull moment with this company from my coworkers, customers, to management was a joy to work for always a fun and learned something new everyday to enhance my experience in the work force.
Pros
free lunches, employee of the month.
Cons
short breaks
great place to work for great team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 28, 2016
very busy always multitasking tasking care of the guest manage was ok could of been better. hardest part of the job was getting everything done on time no time to do it
Pros
great benifits
Cons
alot of work no time to do it
Family oriented environment, laid back management
Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 6, 2016
I worked a Ruby Tuesday for a couple months. I enjoyed my time here because I met a lot of new people and it didn't feel like an actual job because of how much fun I was able to have with my co-workers and guests.
Pros
Discounts on food
Cons
No benefits, short shifts
Good place to work. Needs little improvement but they will go along way
RESTAURANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 20, 2016
Typical day at work is easy. The rush come like every other store. Some stores have great teams and other not so. If the team members and management team is good, the place will run itself. The hardest part of the job is learning to manage what is most important first. Ruby Tuesday has taught me a lot of what I know today about food safety, management skills, and the running business. The most enjoyable part of the job is working around good people and getting the good ones to work with you.
Pros
Free meals when working, stores that close at 11 instead of 12 or 2 a.m., benifts, vacation, and flexible scheduling
Cons
Some stores hard to staff, pay increase would help this, sometimes food items are taken off the menu when they are good, pressure to get workers to work hard when that may not be possible
Productive and fun place to work at
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLSeptember 2, 2016
•A typical work day at Ruby Tuesday included greeting customers and making them feel welcomes.
•Since I've been working here I've learned that in life you have to have a lot of patience and you have to know how to deal with all kinds of different people who see things differently than you do.
•The management if very well under control and are very good with communication.
•I've made a family out of my co-workers. All of us get along very well.
•The hardest part of the job would be making sure everything is going as it should be and making sure everyone is doing their part.
7The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and having an unbreakable bond with the people I've met.
Pros
50% off meals on days I work. 25% off meals on days I don't work.
Cons
No breaks, some short shifts
Never a boring day. Changes always taking place
Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 31, 2016
I was with this company for 17 years and on August 14, 2016 they came in and closed down the store i was in, They told me they did not have a position for me and offered me a severance of 1 month salary and since I am over 40 I have to sign a release that includes the older workers'benefit act notice that states I cannot claim age discrimination. This tells me this is why I was not offered a position in another store. Not counting my team was all brought in believing that they were there for a menu change meeting just to find out they were left with no means of income until they could possibly find another job. Alot us were great assets, and I show no signs of slowing down.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Company does not know what they want
Overral a good place to work. Downside: not enough income to provide. Income is not at a steady pace
Server Assistant/Server (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNAugust 19, 2016
Most days at work are wonderful days. I am surrounded by wonderful co-workers and managers. I love my job and my customers but we have not been receiving enough business for me to make ends meet lately. I do not want to look for work elsewhere but I am almost left with no choice. Business is very unpredictable there. I do not have anything to add about the "hardest part of the job" I love my job and love what I do. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of my guests and giving them a chance to relax while enjoying good food. I love giving them excellent service that they will enjoy and remember. I love my job and everyone there. I appreciate my managers especially for being the wonderful people they are. I would definitely say it is a good place to work overall besides the unpredictable income
Pros
Excellent work team and some benefits are optional
Great Company to get your start
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 15, 2016
A typical day starts with emails from your superior to keep you focused on goals and company directions. Ruby Tuesday has taught me countless skills to help evaluate and control waste factors in the kitchen and taught me to take care of every guest that walks through our doors by daily interactions with touching tables. The most difficult part of the job would be the employees, by that I mean getting them to buy into the initiatives and procedures we have set by our corporate body. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are running a busy shift and every facet of the restaurant is running the way it should, when every thing syncs up it's like magic.
The job made me feel welcomed
Server/Hostess/Busser/Cook (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 5, 2016
It was fun and energetic, i love the people and the guest as well. I had my regulars which I find it as an amazing feeling ever. I learn how customer service, my almost 4yrs of customer service was there and my longest job I kept as well. The hardest part of the job is when you do have rude guest where they are never satisfied but it doesn't stop you from trying and continuing on your day with the other happy guest that are happy with my service. The most enjoyable thing about this job is that everyone is friendly and they basically become your family which what happened to me and it was the hardest to say goodbye to them. Ruby Tuesday was basically where I started with everything. My first job, and the first place where I climb up quickly and where I met the best people in the world including my manager.
Pros
people get along well, discount on food, long break time, discount at the mall as well
Cons
if its a slow day you won't make much or get cut early
Fun atmosphere could do better
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 6, 2016
Good atmosphere to begin at the entry stages. Hard to move forward.

Good for people trying to get into the customer service field

Has a strong family orientation but could do better in providing better opportunities to advance. Long Hours on your feet, good at learning customer service. Co-workers struggle with motivation, can also be lazy thus not really making it a team orientated atmosphere. Management struggles at retaining employees, over-all company seems like its winging it when it comes to logical ways to improve the business, CEO struggles to identify a way to bring a way for corporate investors to believe in the companies stock option. Long wait for opportunity to advance.

Most enjoyable part is the flexibility the company retains on going to school. Hardest part is trying to stay motivated within the company.
Pros
Flexible, Family orientated
Cons
Long Hours, terrible leadership, Company struggles to implement better service for its employees, Power struggle between management and personnell, Terrible at retaining workers, Winging the business to try to make it suceed
Productive and fun work place
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhioJune 30, 2016
A typical day at Ruby Tuesdays consist of greeting and seating costumers, cleaning and bussing tables, and giving customers a nice farewell. I learned that I am customers first impression as to how there time at Ruby Tuesdays will be. Giving customers a nice welcome will usually result in a very nice time at the restaurant. They have very nice and respectful co workers. Everyone works together and gets the job done. The hardest part of the job would have to be cleaning the tables and resetting them and having enough time to make it back to the door before your next customers comes in. everyday is an enjoyable day as long as you come in with a great attitude.
Pros
1/2 off your meals
Cons
no breaks
Customer service is an acquired field, but i love people so it worked well
Bartender/ Key Hourly Manager (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCOctober 4, 2015
I was responsible fore providing adequate service to attending patrons while maintaining the safety guidelines. My managers were AWESOME and would do whatever it took to make sure the restaurant ran smoothly. Staff worked well together to make sure things were done at a certain standard.
Pros
discounted lunch, flexible hours, and relaxed but effective environment
Cons
no benefits, late hours, and illegitimately irate customers
The Job thrives on teamwork and personal accountability
Quality Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PASeptember 4, 2016
I enjoy the job and working with the public. I very much enjoy having return guests that I have been able to build a personal relationship with. The same applies to my co-workers. I also enjoy the challenge of taking what could have been a bad experience for our guests and turning it into an opportunity to create a new "regular" or repeat guest.
Pros
Access to a fantastic garden bar. Peers are like a huge family.
Cons
Wages, Management is not always or barely running the business efficiently, They tend to not successfully resolve team issues or sometimes even guest issues.
different work atmosphere
prep/garden bar (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDNovember 20, 2015
I enjoyed the people,management and expierence
family atmosphere,calm surrondings,and great location for gatherings
Pros
busy, fast paced
Cons
no overtime or pay raise