Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,402 reviews matching the search
Great Environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Vienna, WVMay 24, 2017
Everyone I met here, became my close friends. It has a laid back feel, but fast paced. My bosses were amazing and treated everyone fairly. It's a great company to work for.
Easy work
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 24, 2017
It is a easy job but it can be stressful working in the fast pace environment. The servers and host are nice and easy to get along with. It is a good job to have while you are in college.
Good work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 24, 2017
Ruby Tuesdays was a good place to work ,sometimes could get overwhelming at times but I managed.taking reservations setting up for big parties. Computer work
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Some of the managers
good atmosphere
Host, Server, Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 24, 2017
This job is a great way to learn customer service. You are trained very well and will get a lot of help if you need it. Be prepared to work weekend shifts.
Pros
free food when there is a new menu item, great training, fun people
Cons
your not going to be able to make a living here.
Productive, fast paced, awesome coworkers.
Waitress/Barback (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNMay 23, 2017
You get asked to work a lot of doubles, which is good if you want to make serious money. Front of House manager is a very good boss, she is a friend and a leader, coworkers are all very sweet. Family atmosphere. Hardest part of the job is Sunday lunch hour, bible belt restaurant in a church town, so it gets packed, but if you keep trucking through, it pays off in the end!
Good place to work, managers can have a temper at times.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 23, 2017
The managers did not understand that I had a major illness going on and did not accept it. It almost costed them a major lawsuit. The co workers were nice and fun to be around most of the time.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Managers
Work is work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMay 23, 2017
My job consists of sitting people, cleaning the salad bar and keep every waitress balanced with a good amount of tables.
Its important to get the customers what they need when it comes to sitting them and complaining isn't a option.
Fun place to work and very productive
Server (Current Employee) –  Walterboro, SCMay 23, 2017
Shifts are not long. You get to meet new people. It's a very fun environment to work in. The jobs are quickly learned and easy to do. They do provide insurance
Productive work place, great to have as my first job.
Host (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 22, 2017
Working for this company was an experience. For my first job, it taught me a lot as far as how to work with other people, not to be in work drama, and how to handle certain situations in the workforce.
depends on the employee
Salad Bar Clerk (Current Employee) –  Willingboro, NJMay 22, 2017
a typical day in ruby Tuesday was a calm collective relaxed day. the atmosphere is very relaxed yet very fast. the management varies within the people. if one does their job then it is a easy job.
Great fun restaurant
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 22, 2017
Everyday we would come in and get all of our things ready for work. We would wait for the host to seat someone at one of our tables, and then we would serve them! Management was always very helpful if you needed anything. I really enjoyed being a server here!
Pros
great management
restaurant
server/cook/salad bar (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 22, 2017
fast pace, i bounced around on doing different jobs. i was always busy. when doing salad bar, i would get it set up, start my prep for the day, go wash cambros, check my salad bar, then back to the dish pit, i bounced back and forth..
It was average
HOST AND SERVER (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 21, 2017
Working at Ruby Tuesday was an average restaurant job. It is a good first serving job, but I would rather work in a more upscale restaurant. It was overall an average experience.
fun but stressful workplace
Hostess/server (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 21, 2017
Increased people skills, patience, productivity. Usually extremely high-paced and sometimes stressful. Great job for someone who is a people person. must be good at multitasking
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
no breaks
good
Server (Former Employee) –  Port of SpainMay 20, 2017
it a very nice place to go eat with your family and friend and go go have a drink and just chill they food is good and nice and they i had fun working they
Management ruined it
Waitress/Service Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NY 12304May 20, 2017
The only reason why I left is because the new manager came in and didn't do a very good job. I heard the place ended up closing the one I worked at which is a shame because we did really well with business there and apparently it just went down hill. Said to watch them have to close
Decent workplace.
Cook (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORMay 19, 2017
It was your typical jumped-up wanna be fine dining version of fast food. Management was not skilled at their job but got it done for the most part. Job was fairly fun for the most part.
Pros
Not really any. Lunch somedays.
Cons
Pretty much everything. Very lackluster.
This Was a Great Place to Work!!!
Server (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLMay 19, 2017
Management was friendly and ensured that all employees were trained properly. Co-workers were fantastic and always willing to help each other. Business was always good.
Struggles Being a Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 19, 2017
If you are not in a very popular area or not working at the right times, it will be hard getting the tips you need to make ends at home. You will get customers that even with outstanding service they will either give you 5% or nothing at all. If you get past that the atmosphere is cool and you can meet some very interesting people.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Tip Pay
Poor management, which led to poor work ethic from co-workers.
Garden Bar Attendant/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALMay 19, 2017
It's a nice establishment overall, but the one in Alexander City, AL needs better management, so they can have employees with better work ethic. They are definitely a more sophisticated establishment.
Pros
50% off meals while on the job, 25% family discount, health benefits.
Cons
Only those working a double get a break after 1st shift, no smoke breaks, no raises.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.