Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,805 reviews matching the search
great coworkers
Server (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYJune 29, 2016
management need to pay the employee better.
management need to be more organize
great place to learn. the team were all very friendly and helpful. The only two issues I found were that the seats here were all pretty tight. I'm not that particularly big but even I found it to be a bit tight. The other thing is that this place has a really dark ambiance and the floors felt sticky at places. It wasn't exactly the most relaxing dining atmosphere, but hopefully this can change.
Ruby Tuesdays
Greeter/ To-Go/ Server (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJune 6, 2016
I worked as a host and moved my way up to server. As a host I greeted guests and sat them according to a rotation. As a server, I attended to guests needs.
This was my first serving job, and I wasn't very good at it, but it taught me how to multi-task and prioritize.
Management was a little catty as the time. I worked with mostly females, and this tends to happen. However, they were good about making cuts and overall cared about their employees.
The hardest part of my job was the money. They were building a new restaurant across the stress, so business declined and the clientele wasn't what it used to be. The most enjoyable part for me was working with my friends.
Pros
close to the main road
Cons
lack of money
Fast paced
Hostess - Server (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEJune 13, 2016
My typical day consisted of severing guest, running food, cleaning, seating guests. I have learned a lot in the restaurant industry from having a great positive attitude to juggle many tasks at one time. The general manager has a passion for food and is an amazing man. My co-workers are very young and some are very immature with very little work ethic, the hardest part of my job was staying positive when co-workers got me down. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing satisfied guests walk out the door and even more enjoyable when they returned.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
very little break time, and hypocritical co-workers
Productive and fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Pearl, MSJune 26, 2016
I have gained hands on experience in the beginnings of salaried managers' responsibilities, and ServSafe Certification that I could not have done on my own with success. I am not seeking employment elsewhere because of negativity. I am seeking employment elsewhere for income advance, and position advancement.
Pros
Discounted foods, cash in hand from a hard day's work, different cultures of people, and not sitting behind a desk all day
Cons
income
High-energy atmosphere
Sever (Current Employee) –  Pace, FLMay 26, 2016
This company provides a very friendly and welcoming vibe when you first start here, co-workers greet you at the door and welcome you into the family. Ruby Tuesday works like a well-oiled machine when everyone is on the same page and helping each other out. I highly recommend a job here!
Pros
50% Discount, super friendly co-workers, typically good managers at every location (results may vary)
Cons
Some holidays are unavoidable and can't be asked off
Ruby Tuesdays
Server (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, VAMay 10, 2016
Was a very good business, and would gladly join back with their team, great team work, great management and great workers and guest. I would say that there was no hard part, it was a job that i honestly loved to do, of course everyone gets frustrated from time to time, but who doesn't? I loved every aspect of the job, and nothing was hard about it too me. What i enjoyed most was the regulars that would come in weekly and ask for me as there Server. I appreciated the fact that people actually looked forward to seeing me, and the fact that no matter if we had an unfortunate event take place, such as food time, or quality that they always worked with me until the problem was resolved.
Pros
Management, and Coworkers
Cons
no benefits.
Serving to the public in an enjoyable environment.
Server (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, SCMay 7, 2016
A typical day at work includes working with the public. I get along with everyone and I make the most out of everyday. No matter how rude a customer can get I always try to keep a smile on my face and if it gets to the point where I cannot handle it I go to the manager. The best part of my job is meeting new people. I learn a lot from working with the public. Sometimes that can be the worst part of the day. Dealing with rude people can really bring you down. But at the end of the day it's my job and I always try to make the best out of things.
Cons
random shift hours, unsteady paycheck
Productive and fun work environment
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  California, MDMay 5, 2016
Since management has change the restaurant as a whole has been lifted. Health and employee standards are being met, and it's obvious that managers care. Hours are flexible and everyone is able to work with employees to ensure flexible schedules. Staff embraces the company mantra "Teamwork Makes the Dream Work".
Pros
Half off food when on the clock, friends and family discounts.
Cons
Healthcare, inconsistent breaks when working doubles.
horrible
dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCApril 29, 2016
Working there was horrible. Hours got cut for no reason, kept overstaffing the whole place. Managers were lazy and horrible. The only good manager was actually the GM, who was always working and helpingout . That is one thing I will say about PJ, always doing something. The other managers either stand around IN YOUR WAY in the BOH on their phone, or just stand around and tell other people to do their job for them. Now that PJ is gone I wouldn't recommend going there now
A relaxed environment with a busy pace
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 26, 2016
I cooked on the grill, prepared orders, and worked off of an order screen.
I was also helped with maintaining sanitation.
I learned working on multiple stations at one time.
The management was fair and looked for ways to promote.
My co-workers and I worked as a team.
There was not much hard about the job, you have to be dedicated to do work even if it is hard work.
It was a friendly environment, and a lot of the customers felt like family.
Pros
The had a healthy salad bar
Cons
Big area to clean
Excellent Entry-Level Food Service
Server Assistant and Host (Current Employee) –  Township of Howell, NJApril 26, 2016
Ruby Tuesday can be safely described as a good foundation to start on for the aspiring server. However, given the demographic of the usual consumers (a retiring home featuring the low-tipping walking dead, or a day-care with kids running up and down the isles), its hard to say the average person would enjoy working here for long, were it not for the spectacular bond you create with your co-workers who are sharing your time in h*ll just as equally.
Pros
Friendly Staff, frequent out of work activities...
Cons
...if you're even invited, Managers are too split in personalities and agendas, must pay for meal, low tips, guests are typically stingy, and pompous.
Enjoyable work place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHMay 24, 2016
I enjoy working at Ruby Tuesday, both jobs are great. I do not like the inconsistency of the business. Like most industries there is always a slow period. As a waitress, where you rely on tips it sucks when there is not much business. The managers are good at their jobs and so are the coworkers. I learned a lot about prioritizing on what is needed.
Pros
Good workers, always walk out with cash
Cons
if slow not a lot of money
cool environment, descriptions of what i have learned at this establishment
server (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 18, 2016
Ruby Tuesdays was an easier, laid back establishment, with a cool and modern environment.
here i was a server, and would mainly tend to customers, i was big on customer service, i enjoy to stay organized and prioritize my tasks at hand, especially being a server.
I feel a majority of server positions are essentially around the same thing, so considering i had some years of experience as a server prior to this i feel i didn't learn much, except for a new system, new beverages, new menus, and serving alcohol.
Pros
easy hours, made decent money in those hours, normally fun environment
Cons
minimum benefits, no hours, management was sub par but i have experienced much worse
Typical serving job
Server (Former Employee) –  Barboursville, WVMay 23, 2016
This was a typical serving job, meant only to supplement my position as an adjunct professor. It fulfilled this role well. Also, it taught me how to interact with individuals, identify their needs, and respond accordingly. While not a job traditionally associated with strong resumes, I believe I gained valuable experience in working with people, especially coworkers. No experience is ever wasted.
Extremely high turn-over rate
Garden Bar Attendant & Cook (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 10, 2016
I have worked here for about a year and a half now. In this time, we have gone through two general managers, three salaried assistant-managers, and countless other staff. The turn-over rate is extremely high.
Typical day: A lot of busy work
Learned: Patience and how to work quickly
Management: Needs to be more steady
Co-Workers: Some of the best and worst people I've met
Hardest part: Unity among the back and front employees
Most enjoyable: Seeing people eat the food I cooked and smile
Pros
50% discount on days you work, long hours, decent pay
Cons
under-staffed, high turn-over
Workplace with good energy and friendly environment
Pantry Chef and Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOJune 25, 2016
Management at the Ruby Tuesday I worked at was phenomenal. They really care about their work, their restaurant and their employees. Most enjoyable part of the job was becoming friends with my coworkers, really nice people.
Pros
Discounted Food, Free Beverages on the Clock
Cons
Hours aren't always guaranteed, night shift likely if you're new
ok work place but very un professional and need help in managment.
hostess (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILMay 1, 2016
When i worked at ruby tuesday in morton and decatur it was very unprofessional. the managers didnt know what they were doing, they let the coworkers pretty much do whatever they wanted. money was stolen from our pay checks and it was just not a good work environment at all.
Pros
loved the people i worked with
Cons
co workers are very rude and nothing but drama
great place with great people and loving environent
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Melrose Park, ILMarch 28, 2016
I enjoyed working with this company. The managers were very helpful and understanding and provided great service to the customers as well as their employees. There was never a time that I had a problem that they did not try their best to handle. I was treated like family and everyone had great attitudes and worked very well together.
Pros
Everyone was very helpful, great personalities, positive work place
Cons
long work hours for bartenders.
Fun workplace with great employees
HOSTESS/SERVER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, MDMarch 28, 2016
As a hostess I interacted with all of the guests and employees. I learned how to be organized and a team player. My co-workers were friendly and hard-working individuals who respected one another and the management team. The hardest part of the job as a hostess was trying to keep all of the serving staff happy. I enjoyed this job because I love people and being social was a huge part of my daily experience.
Fun
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 31, 2016
Working as a server is fun for several reasons. I'm definitely a people person with great customer service skills and this jobs has an opportunity to exercise both. Daily pay is awesome. And I love a job where I'm on the move as opposed to sitting at a desk. The drawback is similar to Uber; it lacks job security and benefits.
Pros
Daily pay, people interaction, self managments
Cons
Lack of beneftis and advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.