Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,611 reviews matching the search
Helps build experience
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Island Park, NYJuly 26, 2017
My work was much appreciated on site and benefits were fully covered. I enjoyed what I learned from this job and I feel I can take it with me wherever I go to work. kitchen or other place, Ruby Tuesday is a good motivator for those who are looking to work and learn.
Great Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILJuly 25, 2017
Love it.was a great place to work while I was there. Had plenty of hours and made decent money most days. Always had the opportunity to pick up extra shifts
Typical restaurant atmosphere, was entertaining being on feet all day
Server (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 25, 2017
I am not a fan of the corporate world of serving tables. As personable as I am, the corporate bureaucracy almost seems to suck the life right out of you.
Pros
Was able to speak to customers, provide excellent service
Cons
Office politics, Everyday new goal, no consistency
When fun when it started
COOK (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VAJuly 24, 2017
5yrs with the company, and come to find out i was training people whose starting pay was with in $0.25 of mine, with little or no experience. I was instructed to come in early everyday in order to make up for what other employees couldn't do with zero compensation.
bus tables take orders dish wash. etc
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 24, 2017
good working enviroment, fast paced, very busy. little room for growth but very helpful to its fasted paced workplace. never a dull moment.. met a lot of great people working here.
Great Place
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Angola, INJuly 23, 2017
The general manager is really compassionate for her work. She understands any situation. They are extremely flexible on schedules. If you work another job they will work with you.
It cool. I would like to work. But the pay isn
Cook (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 22, 2017
Nice place to go if you need a job. I think they need to pay cooks. I have 15 years an i was getting 10.25. Someone come in behind me an she's giving 11.50. Wow!!! You do the math on that.
Pros
You get 50 off.
Productive and fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIJuly 21, 2017
Great place to work. They work around people who go to College. Training is great. Employee turn over is low. Fun place to learn and make money. Too bad the owner had to sell the stores back to the Corp.
Pros
Free lunches. Not micro managed
Cons
healthcare
Hectic and disorganized
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 21, 2017
I get that restaurants want a sense or urgency and work at a fast pace; however, that doesn't mean they should be screaming obscenities at you ever 30 seconds. They also basically expect you to be on-call (they can't make you come in when you aren't scheduled but they will guilt trip you about it if you don't). and a lot of the management just doesn't care what happens as long as they don't have to deal with it.
Pros
Food discount
Cons
very very stressful, no breaks, low pay, no benefits
Good.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  KansasJuly 20, 2017
Rush with the customers. It was a pretty relaxed location and with the crowd it wasn't too bad. No one wanted to work Sundays b/c is usually crowds and the bad tips so they forced everyone to work at least one Sunday a month.
Busy some days and slow the next
Server (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 20, 2017
The management has no communication skills, and the general manager is rude and very immature and doesn't have a good attitude. The other employees are amazing to work with not to much drama but unless you have open availability then you don't get to many hours. There is always to many servers on at one time.
Pros
Cons
no health care unless 40 hours a week
Fun people to work with very stressfull environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TN AirportJuly 20, 2017
I loved my job and all that I did there as a hostess. We changed GMs about 6 month in my employment and everything changed as you would seem normal. Except the manager picked favorites for who got the best shifts.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
No breaks at all
Good restaurant with good food
WAITRESS (Former Employee) –  USA, GreenbeltJuly 20, 2017
The restaurant that I used to work is placed in a green town Greenbelt, I really loved to work there but because it was too far from my rent apartment, I decided to leave from there. Working there for 3 years it was a pleasure for me.
Pros
Free lunches, good food, nice people
Its all good
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 20, 2017
Its all good super straight got me though medical school helped pay my bills. Not much drama. Managment is reasonable with your schedule. Never had any issues with company. I go to work I make money I come home.
Pros
Rewards for doing well
Cons
They dont have a steady costomer flow its always hit or miss
it was a fun work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILJuly 19, 2017
I liked my GM and my managers. I enjoyed my coworkers and the job i was there to do. You quickly became a part of the Ruby crew and they welcomed you with open arms
Not Great
Server (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 19, 2017
You go home with cash and that's nice but you will always be vastly underpaid and underappreciated. It's a good job for young people but for someone who is older and has kids and is looking for an actual career, Ruby Tuesday just doesn't make that cut.
Long history with company 1992- 2015
Director of Operations / Managing Partner (Former Employee) –  Maryville, TNJuly 19, 2017
Was once a great company with solid simple core values. Team guest shareholder. A company that for years invested in great training and development, After original Ceo retired company downhill from there and now closing units.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
poor people managment
Excellent customer sevice
Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 18, 2017
Great company and enjoyed working there. Managers were really nice and they also offered flexible schedules. They care about their customers and their employees
server
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAJuly 18, 2017
This is the second server job position that I have worked, and I actually take pride and enjoy serving others. The money isn't that good because of bad management.
Pros
20 percent meals
Cons
not enough money
I enjoy working with people
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAJuly 17, 2017
Ruby Tuesday was a fun and fast pace place to work. I was a line cook food prep also a fill in dishwasher. I also learned so much that i have taken with me to my other jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.