Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,689 reviews matching the search
Like all Ruby Tuesdays this one is committing suicide too
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCAugust 23, 2017
Where to begin; Ruby Tuesday has no culture unto its self. It's an imitation of other restaurants, save for the salad bar. I worked for 2 different general managers in my stay with the company and neither seemed to have much vested interest in their jobs. One was trying to create his own food truck business while working there. The marketing plan for the company consists almost entirely of coupons. Coupons are delivered to the public twice a month in various medias, and mail dropped.
There isn't much to say, the right leader could change the business but i heard they just spent several million on an upgrade to their salad bar. At this point they should just open a fast causal diner with a salad bar some TVs and a few snacks and drinks.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEAugust 23, 2017
I had a good time working here! I made some good friends and enjoyed going to work every day. I pick up quickly and was offered more positions in the company.
Fun place
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 23, 2017
Such a great family oriented restaurant. Known for the fresh all you can eat salad bar. Also offers coupons on a daily basis through email and retail me not
Pros
Short shifts
Cons
Lots of money
Server Life
Server (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLAugust 23, 2017
Ruby Tuesday looks after their guests but lacks when it comes to employee care. I enjoyed my co workers and managers. Worked with them for so a number of years and in that time corporate never did anything for the staff.
Pros
Awesome co workers and managers
fast pace fun and exciting.
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  1925 Sullivan Road College Park 30316August 22, 2017
When I became a RubyTuesdays employee, it was an exciting job. Working with many different people,of different culture.When I became a certified Trainer, it gave me a lot opportunity with the company,to expand my knowledge of cooking.Learning how to prepare foods,prep foods an cooking certain foods, at different temperatures.As a trainer it gave me privilege to show my skill, an talent to be one of Ruby Tuesdays best.
Good for students
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 21, 2017
Good work for students or those who need flexibility. Not something you'll enjoy long term though. Can be an okay place to work depending on the manager.
Pros
Short Shifts, Meal discount
Cons
Money, customers, management
Very productive and fun work environment
Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool New YorkAugust 21, 2017
They have a great staff and management team. Room for advancement is very high. 100% customer satisfaction. Very well-managed and respectable environment. Fast pace and good food
Pros
Vacation time, discounts, great management
Cons
Locations are going out of business
One Team, One Dream.
Caterer/ Waitress (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNAugust 21, 2017
This is the best place I have ever worked for. The managers are great and attentive and so very encouraging! My co-workers are the best and so supportive!
Very unorganized place to work.
Cook/ Dishwasher/ prep (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 19, 2017
While i worked there it was completely unorganized not to mention none of the other employees were held accountable for anything. The management staff didn't communicate at all which made things very unpredictable.
Pros
DIscounted food
Cons
communication, accountability
Productive Enviorment.
Here I hold the title as Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MO 65109August 19, 2017
Ruby Tuesday is a place where you can better yourself everyday. Working in the food industry gives each person a different perspective, I advise everyone to do it at least once in their life.
High stress environment without strong management
Server (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYAugust 18, 2017
Ruby Tuesday threw us to the wolves and set us up for failure. With managers who were inexperienced and customers who were rude and demeaning, the overall experience was not one that I plan to repeat.
Pros
High Tips
Cons
Management, Customer demographic, low product quality
didn't really enjoy it
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Sebastian, FLAugust 18, 2017
Make you do way too much for the role I was given with little to no help 0/10, Making you wash the plates, stock the silverware walk all way across kitchen put them up, get yelled at for not putting them up if we are doing swarmed on top of doing ribs and cooking biscuits and taking out trash every few hours and doing silverware takes about 15mins
Pros
are none
Ovee all good
Server (Former Employee) –  Pearl, MSAugust 18, 2017
Good. Great food. Fast pace working environment. Slight favortitisn when it comes to people who worked there for a while. I'm Interviewing and it's go on u so we could have this.
Good
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Stafford, VAAugust 17, 2017
I liked working here very much I met a lot of cool people and I learned a lot about dish washing and prepping food. Where ours were OK some nights I got home really late. But for the most part it was pretty good and the people there were nice .
Fun and fast paced
Cook (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILAugust 17, 2017
Loved working there wish we had a new one open would go back in heart beat. It stinks that they closed. Hopefully someone opens a new one. It's a place that kept u moving and very busy
fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCAugust 17, 2017
I enjoyed worki g with the customers and employees. Its a fast paced environment but if you work hard the money is good. The managers were great as well.
Pros
pat
Cons
no benefits
great place
Server (Former Employee) –  Fargo, ND 58103August 16, 2017
good place to work it was my first serving job and a great one to start at for sure. They helped me quite a bit I learned a lot of things. great people to work with as well.
great place
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 16, 2017
very fun place to work. management was great. everyday was always different. hardest part of the job was the days when we barely had any customers so hours would get cut
Pros
free drinks. discount on food
Cons
not enough money
Food industry
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Arnold, MOAugust 16, 2017
I served people food and beverages as ordered, light cleaning, some bartending, making specialty drinks, sweeping the carpets (there were no vacuums), stocking and counting money at the end of the night.
Pros
Money, talking to some nice people
Cons
Being treated like a lesser person
Fun workplace
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, SCAugust 16, 2017
Loved it. Just don't like working in the food industry. I love dealing with customer and making them have a great experience. Just never been into the food industry and Ruby sells way more food than drinks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval