Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,410 reviews matching the search
Productive and fun place to work!
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 27, 2017
Everyday brings in new people and very interesting characters. It is a fast paced and energetic dining experience. I have learned that if you want something bad enough go get it!
good place, good coworkers
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COMay 26, 2017
coworkers are great, but sometimes not enough hours. tips vary, seems like the bigger the check, the smaller the tip. they're good working with peoples schedules.
Management sucked and so did business.
Server (Former Employee) –  Carmia Way, .Richmond, VAMay 26, 2017
The Ruby Tuesday I worked at had obvious favoritism and the management team made everybody miserable. When asking managers for help you were an inconvenience and my GM threw tantrums as well as doing whatever he could about getting out of going in the dining area to talk with customers. People would get their jobs threatened because they called out sick - with notes!
Pros
Most coworkers were easy to get along with and shifts didnt take the whole day.
Cons
Horrible health insurance, business was slow, management didnt do their jobs and looked down their noses at you, favoritism around every corner, the place would work you as a double practically all week, closers were always the same, employement was constantly threatened
Fun working environment focused on customer satisfaction
Server (Former Employee) –  East Point, GAMay 26, 2017
Sometimes it's slow and other times it is not. Have to multitask well. Can be stressful at times but it pays off sometimes. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting good and enjoyable guests.
it is a nice fun place to watch some sport games
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2017
Nice work place somewhat fast paced and I learned that it is always best to smile and make sure everyone is having a good day to make things run smoother. the hardest part of the job for me was dishes but thats okay.
Pros
The food and discounts
Cons
long days on your feet
unorganized management
FOH Server (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMay 25, 2017
flexible with my school schedule, but very unorganized management, The GM was never there and if he was during the day he would leave at the beginning of the rush and would let the kitchen and FOH sink. The others would hide in the office so if a table was asking for a manger it would take a while to find someone, while you are busy
It was a job.
Garden Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIMay 24, 2017
I liked working here, it was pretty laid back. Just slang vegetables onto trays to keep the slobs eating it happy. They really love those nasty croutons.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Annoying customers
Quality
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Fenton, MIMay 24, 2017
I enjoy cooking and Ruby Tuesday was a job I could actually express myself through a dish even though it was a pre set menu the joy came from preparing and plating the meals.
Great Environment
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Vienna, WVMay 24, 2017
Everyone I met here, became my close friends. It has a laid back feel, but fast paced. My bosses were amazing and treated everyone fairly. It's a great company to work for.
Easy work
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 24, 2017
It is a easy job but it can be stressful working in the fast pace environment. The servers and host are nice and easy to get along with. It is a good job to have while you are in college.
Good work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 24, 2017
Ruby Tuesdays was a good place to work ,sometimes could get overwhelming at times but I managed.taking reservations setting up for big parties. Computer work
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Some of the managers
good atmosphere
Host, Server, Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 24, 2017
This job is a great way to learn customer service. You are trained very well and will get a lot of help if you need it. Be prepared to work weekend shifts.
Pros
free food when there is a new menu item, great training, fun people
Cons
your not going to be able to make a living here.
Productive, fast paced, awesome coworkers.
Waitress/Barback (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNMay 23, 2017
You get asked to work a lot of doubles, which is good if you want to make serious money. Front of House manager is a very good boss, she is a friend and a leader, coworkers are all very sweet. Family atmosphere. Hardest part of the job is Sunday lunch hour, bible belt restaurant in a church town, so it gets packed, but if you keep trucking through, it pays off in the end!
Good place to work, managers can have a temper at times.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMay 23, 2017
The managers did not understand that I had a major illness going on and did not accept it. It almost costed them a major lawsuit. The co workers were nice and fun to be around most of the time.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Managers
Work is work
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMay 23, 2017
My job consists of sitting people, cleaning the salad bar and keep every waitress balanced with a good amount of tables.
Its important to get the customers what they need when it comes to sitting them and complaining isn't a option.
Fun place to work and very productive
Server (Current Employee) –  Walterboro, SCMay 23, 2017
Shifts are not long. You get to meet new people. It's a very fun environment to work in. The jobs are quickly learned and easy to do. They do provide insurance
Productive work place, great to have as my first job.
Host (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 22, 2017
Working for this company was an experience. For my first job, it taught me a lot as far as how to work with other people, not to be in work drama, and how to handle certain situations in the workforce.
depends on the employee
Salad Bar Clerk (Current Employee) –  Willingboro, NJMay 22, 2017
a typical day in ruby Tuesday was a calm collective relaxed day. the atmosphere is very relaxed yet very fast. the management varies within the people. if one does their job then it is a easy job.
Great fun restaurant
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gurnee, ILMay 22, 2017
Everyday we would come in and get all of our things ready for work. We would wait for the host to seat someone at one of our tables, and then we would serve them! Management was always very helpful if you needed anything. I really enjoyed being a server here!
Pros
great management
restaurant
server/cook/salad bar (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCMay 22, 2017
fast pace, i bounced around on doing different jobs. i was always busy. when doing salad bar, i would get it set up, start my prep for the day, go wash cambros, check my salad bar, then back to the dish pit, i bounced back and forth..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.