Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,312 reviews matching the search
fun coworkers and flexible hours
Salad Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Linthicum, MDApril 25, 2017
ive worked for ruby tuesday for 3 years and its been fun, i learned alot and made alot of good friends and figured out customer service is my thing and hope i made an impact in someones life.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
management could be better
The worst place ever to work
server (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCApril 25, 2017
Very unprofessional management. The good employees get treated like your nothing, while the bad employees get more kudos. Never in my life have I ever worked for a place that is so childish. The managers are to young and have no experience. They promote anybody without leadership. They love to promote family, and don't care if anyone else is more qualified. They lose all there great staff due to major favoritism. I would not recommend anyone to this place.
Pros
You can make good money
Cons
No breaks ever......terrible management
Great surroundings
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2017
Over all nice place to be .
The workers we're always helpful encouraging.
They always help provide with more hours if desired.
Management was considerate and helpful.
Overall, good company.
Server/Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Jasper, ALApril 25, 2017
The company overall is good. RT just appointed a new CEO, so maybe he will introduce some positive changes. The menu changes often, as do certain policies. Sometimes it's difficult to navigate changes as they often come with little warning or training for team members.
Pros
Great employee discounts
Loved this place.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canfield, OHApril 25, 2017
This was one of my favorite jobs. While I left on bad terms with the company, I still loved the company. I just ran into one bad manager that left a bad taste in my mouth. Overall the company started me as hostess, and I moved my way up within the company to an Assistant Manager of one of the stores. There is great opportunity here for growth and movement.
Manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 24, 2017
I worked as a kitchen manager during the most of my years at Ruby Tuesday.

I enjoyed everyone I worked with & who I worked for.

My daily tasks included wiriting food inventory, projecting prep, working with chefs to perfect food service.
Pros
Flexible hours, free food (with allowance) Great vacation plan
Cons
Insurance, long hours
Great food and workplace
WAITRESS/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDApril 24, 2017
This is a great place to work. The management is wonderful and works around your schedule. When I worked here is was very busy and I made really good money.
Pay not worth the position
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 24, 2017
Any position other than management is really fun and easy. As a manager, the pay is not worth all the b.s. of having to control guest that enter the restaurant and trying to make every single person happy.
Pros
Discount of food
Cons
Company doesn't care how you are treated
Unorganized
Server/Waiter, (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 24, 2017
I have developed better people skills, time management, and how to problem solve and improvise on the spot, due to the chaotic pace of the restaurant. The company seems to be doing very poorly due to cuts on wage and proper scheduling of workers. It is very hard to communicate with other team members and to enjoy a comfortable work environment at times due to the lack of an authority figure on the floor to intervene in turbulent times.
Pros
50% discount on meals during shift, challenging work enviornment
Cons
no breaks, very unorganized, poor teamwork, poor communication between team members
serving
Server (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 23, 2017
serving guest ,fast and sufficient , smiling making sure guest are happy at all times. taking orders, refilling salad bar. getting drinks for guest non alcoholic and alcoholic.
Great Place to cross train
Certified Server Trainer (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CT 06032April 23, 2017
Ruby Tuesday is great place to cross train and develop skills in restaurant industry. I started at the company with plenty of waitressing experience. I was allowed to showcase my skills and talents as well as explore different aspects of this industry.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
restaurant is closing
Very disorganized
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Rockledge, FLApril 23, 2017
I have never worked for a place so messed up. I remember working a 13 hours shift with no break, no food. The only reason the servers stay is because we make really great money. There just so much that is messed up. I will say that I really enjoy working with the servers. They, for the most part, are all really great people.
Pros
Fellow servers
Cons
Very long ticket times
Nice place and Great food
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Bay Minette, ALApril 22, 2017
I enjoy working and eating here. I would recommend this place to friends. The food has always came out great and if an issue did arise it was quickly resolved.
Great company to work for, lots of room for advancement if self-reliant
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  TennesseeApril 21, 2017
Information always available for cross-training/advancement.

Consistent development and review program.

Great leadership and mentor-ship available.

Standard programs in place to assist/ease daily operations: online scheduler, comprehensive ordering program, user friendly training site, etc.
Prep Cook/Dishwasher/Expo (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, NCApril 21, 2017
For a restaurant I believe this is a great place to work if you're looking for part time work while being enrolled in classes. They are willing to work with your schedule for the most part
Interesting place to work at.
Host (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 21, 2017
Some difficulty w/ managers not seeming totally invested in fulfilling their work obligations. A typical day at work was enjoyable and most employees were committed to making each day a profitable experience both for themselves and for the store.
Productive and fun environment
Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 21, 2017
Ruby Tuesday is a good company to work for. I have been working fir the company for over 9 years now. The management and co workers are great. I just need a more stable income. I usually train all new employees. I love working in customer service and helping people
It was good
Line Cook and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDApril 21, 2017
It was descent. Nice flexible hours good environment. Nice hands on training. Fast pace steady work...the nice part about being there was u got hands on experience with the customers
Had many jobs and titles
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 20, 2017
Started hostess and moved to waitress. When the opportunity to bartend came open I applied for the position and received it. From there I work as a shift supervisor. Opened the restaurant and made sure co worker came in on time. Did daily reports, counting money. Shift meetings with staff for up coming events and promotions. Make sure kitchen is running smooth. Collect money from servers for shift, and make deposit.
Did weekly schedule for servers, bartenders and hostess.
Pros
Company always put family first
Cons
Was at the mall
Restaurant
SUPERVISING SHIFT LEAD (Former Employee) –  Hampton, GAApril 20, 2017
Very difficult company to please. Company wants A1 service for B5 compensation. Staff very rude, full house of young immature workers who don't respect management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.