Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,389 reviews matching the search
It was average
HOST AND SERVER (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 21, 2017
Working at Ruby Tuesday was an average restaurant job. It is a good first serving job, but I would rather work in a more upscale restaurant. It was overall an average experience.
fun but stressful workplace
Hostess/server (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 21, 2017
Increased people skills, patience, productivity. Usually extremely high-paced and sometimes stressful. Great job for someone who is a people person. must be good at multitasking
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
no breaks
Management ruined it
Waitress/Service Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NY 12304May 20, 2017
The only reason why I left is because the new manager came in and didn't do a very good job. I heard the place ended up closing the one I worked at which is a shame because we did really well with business there and apparently it just went down hill. Said to watch them have to close
Decent workplace.
Cook (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORMay 19, 2017
It was your typical jumped-up wanna be fine dining version of fast food. Management was not skilled at their job but got it done for the most part. Job was fairly fun for the most part.
Pros
Not really any. Lunch somedays.
Cons
Pretty much everything. Very lackluster.
This Was a Great Place to Work!!!
Server (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLMay 19, 2017
Management was friendly and ensured that all employees were trained properly. Co-workers were fantastic and always willing to help each other. Business was always good.
Struggles Being a Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 19, 2017
If you are not in a very popular area or not working at the right times, it will be hard getting the tips you need to make ends at home. You will get customers that even with outstanding service they will either give you 5% or nothing at all. If you get past that the atmosphere is cool and you can meet some very interesting people.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Tip Pay
Poor management, which led to poor work ethic from co-workers.
Garden Bar Attendant/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Alexander City, ALMay 19, 2017
It's a nice establishment overall, but the one in Alexander City, AL needs better management, so they can have employees with better work ethic. They are definitely a more sophisticated establishment.
Pros
50% off meals while on the job, 25% family discount, health benefits.
Cons
Only those working a double get a break after 1st shift, no smoke breaks, no raises.
It's okay, understaffed.
Garden Bar Attendant (Current Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLMay 19, 2017
Nice place to work, just not my thing. Sometimes they can ask too much of you without warning, but are usually fair and understanding if you say no. Other times however shifts can be slow and they will send you home making you lose hours.
Pros
20% off food
Cons
Breaks not always applicable depending on how busy they are
terrible management
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 18, 2017
Didn't enjoy the experience. Don't train employees, don't have happy hour. don't charge gratuity for large parties. a rip off overall. wouldn't recommend
Awful
Wait staff/Hostess/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMay 18, 2017
Rules were always changing with General Manager. Favoritism was the worse at my location. Always negative comments never was given positive comments nor told about the customers good comments. Only her favorites got the good job and high fives.
great
Server (Former Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJMay 18, 2017
It was fun and great experience. It was really interesting and a dynamic workplace to be able to work in. I got all the hours i could desire. Thank you.
Frustrating lack of teamwork
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAMay 18, 2017
Worked for this company for 7 years. Made my way from host to management and was underpaid the entire way. If you are thinking of working for this concept do yourself a favor and make sure you are well paid from the get go.
Pros
Benefits were decent, vacation time, fun coworkers
Cons
Company has no direction and operates like a decapitated chicken.
A Job with Benefits
Key Employee (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 17, 2017
This place was like the calm before the storm. I love the way how everybody would come and setup for the day and than bam, we are busy. The managers here make sure they walked the floor to see what is going on and also to make sure everybody was taken care, from the guest to the employees.
Pros
Wonderful benefits for everyone
Cons
not much advancement
Horrible Working There
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAMay 17, 2017
Served there for roughly five months and it was the worst restaurant I have ever had the displeasure to serve at. The management was an absolute joke, not to mention the unclean and unsafe working conditions. Don't eat here, don't breathe near it, stay as far away as you can from the Ruby Tuesday's in East Stroudsburg.
garden bar attendant (Former Employee) –  Bartow, FLMay 17, 2017
had bad problems not loving at all had a hard time with the managers they lied on me about work. would like to stay working with them but ever again I would work at the bartow place
failing
Manager (Current Employee) –  NJMay 16, 2017
company makes dumb decisions on new rollouts and policies and is failing. managers are jumping ship and running to other companies. only thing they do is put out more coupons.
Nice environment
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAMay 16, 2017
It is a relaxed place to work at. The other employees are laid back and enjoyable. Management is understanding and listening. The hardest part of the job would be when a coupon drops and the place gets packed with guests. The most enjoyable part is being friendly to your guests and getting a tip for a job well done.
Ruby Tuesday
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Farmville, VAMay 16, 2017
I got this job at the beginning of summer so I could make a little extra money. The people at this restaurant are good people. I still go there and hang out with some of them sometimes.
Chef (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 16, 2017
Great place to work if you live in Sarasota...great people, lots of learning...always going...too much negativity in kitchen...love working there though
Pros
Willing to work with schedule
Cons
No health care benefits
Nightmare - A constant battle
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAMay 16, 2017
Days would get very stressful very quickly.
Everyone (FoH and BoH Staff) was always so negative, and there was a lack of communication and execution.
Almost everyone there would constantly complain about resposibilities they could have undertaken themselves, and there was no reciprocity for going above and beyong the call of duty.

I quickly became frustrated, as I felt I was doing more work than everyone else. I would take on responsibilities that weren't mine, and I wouldn't even get a "thank you" for it. Just constant complaining, ZERO team work. Unless, of course, the owner paid us a visit....
Pros
50% off food
Cons
ZERO advancement, no support from leadership or co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.