Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,518 reviews matching the search
busy and low pay
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 23, 2017
Not a bad place to work at if you want to gain the restaurant experience, and knowledge of food handling. Benefits are not the best if you are part time. Work load is heavy depending on the area, but pay is not great unless you've been with the company for years. hours cut short depending on season. but flexible schedule
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
low pay
Super cool place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2017
Make average tips, side work is easy, and the management is pretty cool. dealing with customers will always be the hardest part of the job. and getting to meet cool people
Good for entry level managers
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Davie, FLJune 23, 2017
The daily operations have been micromanaged, there is now a quagmire of daily paper work, checklists, and redundancies to prove that one can take any hourly team member and give them a set of keys to run the business. A manager becomes so bogged down with checklists for the checklists that one cannot take the time to make real connections with guests.
Pros
great for entry level managers
Fast Pace and unorganized
Head Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 22, 2017
this job was fine and helped me pay my way through college. There was a lack of accountability and unorganized. Was paid very well but the hours and the work load did not match with the wage
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Managers are not good
fun and productive work enviroment
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 22, 2017
ruby Tuesday is a fun place to work. the staff becomes like family. the people that you encounter working there is middle class and always sweet. as long as you do your job you will never have any problems.
Stay away
Server/Host/Cook/Expo/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 21, 2017
If your a hard worker wanting to excel in the industry, you have better chance of eating dinner with Jesus at the last supper. I have worked for two different Ruby Tuesday's and their is a reason they closed 150 stores in 2016. Trust me give it by 2020 and you probably will be back on indeed looking for a job. If your not on here sooner because of the lack of solid management in theses stores. Trust me a baboon could manage better than 75% of these managers at Ruby Tuesdays, I left why I could.
Cons
I enjoyed the fast paced environment
Hostess/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJune 21, 2017
I got the opportunity to meet great people. Everyday was something new, the position never got boring. The management were very caring and each employee was treated with respect.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
At times, long hours
Challenging,
Server (Former Employee) –  Belton, MOJune 21, 2017
I was responsible for a section of tables in the restaurant, where I greeted customers and retrieved drink and food orders. I would sometimes assist in food preparation and processed the customers payment when they finished their meals. I was also responsible for some side chores and cleaning my section before clocking out.
Pros
Make Tips, Rewards/Competitions
Cons
Split Tips, No Scheduled Breaks
Good Place to work
Shift Leader/ Bartender/ Server/ Host (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 20, 2017
The environment was a little gross , but the people and management made it feel like a family. The daily tasks were fairly easy and the team work made the busy rush fairly easy. Management always took care of their staff
Interactive serving experience with and outgoing teamwork from multi-disciplinary employees
Server (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJune 20, 2017
I was taught strong communication, time management, hard work, and organization. Management was inconsistent throughout my time there however saw pros and cons from many employers and had strong relationships with all managers and co-workers.
fun environment to work great staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJune 20, 2017
attending to guest needs taking down orders running food making drinks handling cash credit cards while making guest feel at home in a great environment
Management needs work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIJune 20, 2017
Management was very unorganized and put a lot of their duties on their favorite people. Could never make plans for the week because the schedule didn't come out until the day before it started. Never enough people staffed in any area of the restaurant. Horrible turnover rate in the whole restaurant including management
Enjoyable Work Environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Mililani, HIJune 20, 2017
Working for Ruby Tuesday allowed for personal and professional growth. This job and its employees (my peers) were friendly, instructive, helpful and hard-working individuals who helped to make work enjoyable. In my time there, I was able to expand my interpersonal and customer service skills.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Short to no breaks; no health benefits
nothing
Customer Service Member (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDJune 20, 2017
nothing to say good about the company and I feel bad for anyone still working for that company. I had panic attacks not from the customers but management
Productive and profesional
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 20, 2017
It's a good place to work. Everyone gets along, so having that friendly environment is nice to have . Sometimes I can be a little slow, but they are like family now.
Pros
Good food, positive people, easy
Cons
unpredictable busness, a lot of running around
friendly work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 20, 2017
Typical day consisted of 6hours of taking orders running food cleaning and side work. the hardest part was slow business and kitchen communication was very por.
Pros
friednly work environment managers willing to help
Cons
slow business
Easy going
Cook/manager in training (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 20, 2017
When i start off my day here i would make sure we stocked and ready to go. Then i would check the back to make sure we had back ups. If not i would prep and stock and go through good and bad food. then i would meet with my managers and see if they had any input on if i should do something or not prep wise cause we had to go by a program that told us what to make but it wasnt always perfect. then cook the food and clean up and make it look new for the morning shift.
Pros
only a hand full of cooks
Cons
worked 7 days a week
Stressful environment with lazy coworkers and poor management
Host/Busser (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 19, 2017
The managers play favorites and will let people go home if they complain enough. The owners are slow to make any improvements if it means they have to spend money. We are always short-handed and have to work extra hard for no reward because the managers couldn't be bothered to find enough people to cover the shift. Many coworkers are lazy and will complain if they are asked to go the extra mile. Half the time, the new hires don't last any longer than a month.
Pros
Good discount, flexible hours
Cons
Unprofessional management, dirty restaurant, lazy coworkers, always shorthanded
productive
Garden bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJune 19, 2017
the management was very understanding. The management worked good with you to schedule you according to your needs. The management team was always there to assist you in whatever situation you come across.
Pros
the employee discount
Cons
working on every holiday
Not happy with this place
Server (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLJune 19, 2017
I stayed with this company for 7 years. In this amount of time we had several different managers and huge turnover of employees.
The managers were always the do as I say type. Never set a good example.
Cons
This company sees you as a number and not a name, Your schedule weekly is based on your sales the week before.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval