Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

productive
Server, Bartender, Line cook and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAJanuary 12, 2018
I had a great time working here, the customers are great and always come back, the managers were great, just had a run in with one of the other employees
Will hopefully start to improve
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Belcamp, MDJanuary 11, 2018
Welcoming managers to the work place, but started having a lot of issues at my location to lead me to leaving, more so co-workers than management. Not enough people cared about the outcome of cleanliness and accuracy which really lowered business and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Free salad bar salad, half-off employee meals
Review
Shift Leader/ Hourly Manager (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJanuary 11, 2018
Great place to work as a college student. I loved the staff i worked with but i had to leave and the management was a little scattered brained with there jobs.
productive and fun
Line Cook/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 11, 2018
i set up line for the day,pulled out the prep list.. freezer pulled and also start on my morning inventory. after prep i put in produce order. i learned to be a leader and not a friend. the managers were great for the most. it was a fast paced work environment. nothing was hard. i traveled to train in other stores that was opening.
Pros
benefits and respect
Cons
Just like abu other restaurant
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 10, 2018
Working here is just like any other restaurant environment. Not as much drama as most though, so that’s good. Tips were okay, most guests were foreign because it was by the airport, so they’re not custom to tipping.
A great place to work, but management is lacking
Pantry Cook (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALJanuary 10, 2018
I loved working on the line, and the fast-paced environment really taught me how to work quickly and efficiently. The downside was when we had a management shift. The new GM was very off-putting, and had a tendency to micro-manage only focusing on the negatives. The hardest part of the job was when we got behind on ticket times, and things got hectic. The most enjoyable part about Ruby Tuesday was working with a great crew and reaching our goals of the day. It really gives one a sense of a accomplishment, and a drive to push forward to the next day.
Pros
Employee discounts, free drinks
Cons
Bad work hours
Slow Paced
Server (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJanuary 10, 2018
Slow paced work place
Patience with co-workers/manager
General Managers temper
Teenagers or college students
Finding work when there's down time
Laughter
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Dealing with anger issues
Terrible Place To Work
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Auburn University, ALJanuary 9, 2018
Terrible place to work. Little training and no support from management. Managers very unfair and mean to employees. Schedule changes by the hour. Overall it was a terrible experience.
Fun place to work
Server, Bartender, Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAJanuary 9, 2018
It was a fun place to work. Enjoyed the atmosphere. I was going to school at the time so it was convenient. The server salary is small so we depend on tips. Some shifts were great. Unfortunately, it was not constant. I would recommend this to someone who wants a part time job who is currently going to school.
Busy, great place to work nice poeple
Server (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NCJanuary 9, 2018
I work at Ruby Tuesday as a server. Great place to work some days are slow some days are fast. The only reason I'm looking for a different job is for better pay and insurance.
Its a good place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INJanuary 9, 2018
The environment is nice but overall the money isn't for servers. Altogether it's a slow business. I enjoy the customers we do have as regulars and the people I work with.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Too slow
Professional work environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoy the work atmosphere and feel the manager’s are very supportive.
Slow pace but tons of opportunities to upsell and be attentive to guest to make good tips.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No paid vacation
na
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeJanuary 8, 2018
I really do not have much of a comment on this employer. The company is struggling to stay alive. The company was just purchased. The company struggles.
Pros
Just got bought out by a finance company
Cons
Company wont be arround in the long run
Not as great as it could have been
Garden Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSJanuary 8, 2018
for them claiming to be #1, their roach issue sure is was a biggie, their best part is their management at points, when serious issues arise though, (like serious issues, such as discrimination and other things, not a bug is in the lettuce) they tend to turn the other cheek, which is unfortunate. All in all it wasn't a great job, largely due to hours.
Fun work place
Server (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 8, 2018
Fun work place, but hours are hard to get. Management is very good. Hardest part of the day when your customers are rude and don't tip. Enjoyable to work with friendly people.
Great environment for a server!
Server, Bartender (Current Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILJanuary 7, 2018
Ruby Tuesday is a wonderful opportunity for anyone wanting to advance in the job world. It's easy to learn the job and move up to learning other jobs in the store as well. It's a fun environment with a wonderful menu and an overall great company to work for!
People are nice but work is slow
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 6, 2018
A typical work day is pretty slow paced and chill. I learned how to wash dishes for an entire restaurant. Management was pretty good but not enough hours and pay wasn't very good either. It's not their fault it is just that place of just doesn't seem to get enough business. Very nice people to work around.
Pros
half off meals
Cons
Short hours
Loved working there
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 6, 2018
I worked there ten years until owner sold it back to corporate and due to sales being so slow they shut it down. In the beginning it was busy but towards the end business really slowed down. I would make money because everyone would get phased out and I would run the floor and bar. I learned everything from doing inventory, training new bartenders, doing liquor orders, hosting, serving, and enjoyed my work environment very much.It is unfortunate that it had to close down.
Pros
great food and fun environment
Cons
it closed down
First Server Job, Don't stay too long
Server (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, MD 21029January 5, 2018
I worked at Ruby Tuesday full time (13 months)
The Average Server job
Ideal for first time servers

Pros

good food, nice employee, basic system of service

Cons

slow shifts, poor tips, typical service, bad managers
Decent place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 5, 2018
Not a bad place to work it would be considered a true college job, I was able to orchestrate my own work schedule while I was in college. Definitely helped me survive my time in school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.