Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

stressful but fun work environment
server and salad bar attendant (Former Employee), Clemson, SCJune 2, 2015
My GM was the worst but the managers were effective. Coworkers are fun and easy to befriend but the guests are crazy and do not tip well unless there's a reason.
Ruby Tuesday
Host (Former Employee), OhioJune 2, 2015
Provides a flexible schedule, requires social skills and lots of teamwork. Very fast- paced, has lot of friendly regulars.
Great place
Waitress/Hostess (Current Employee), Statesboro, GAJune 2, 2015
Pros: 50 % off meals
Cons: short hours
great staff
friendly people
Great service
Great customer and overall the food is delirious and i love everything
The hardest part of the job is when the customer order something and then after you bring it out they want to change their mind about the item and say they didn't order
Good place to work while in school
Server (Current Employee), Niskayuna, New YorkMay 29, 2015
While working at Ruby Tuesday I was a full time student at the College of Saint Rose so it was nice to have a flexible schedule that would allow me to earn money on the side while still having time to focus on my studies.
Server/Host
SERVER/HOST/BARTENDER (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 27, 2015
Work overall was very fun! I had some good and bad days as everyone else. Loved my co-workers and also my management! But overall it was a great experience!
Productive, but easy going
Bartender (Current Employee), Athens, TNMay 26, 2015
Pros: The money I make, the employees, the hours
Cons: The hours
I am able to be myself with the guests. I learn something new everyday from the people I come in contact with. My management is very easy to work with. They understand that we have families and/or school and are willing to work with our schedules. The hardest part of my job is teaching the servers how to not let their guests cross the line of drinking too much. The most enjoyable is when the bar is full and everyone is talking with each other and laughing and having fun. I love those nights.
i made sure the food was of it's best qulity also fast and fresh
Head Cook (Former Employee), Framingham, MAMay 24, 2015
Pros: i met a few nice people
Cons: 4 of them attacked me and left me for dead
Well some of the severs there where also strippers so for better tips they would give lapdances at the end of the meal some times I would get put on the bar or dishwasher so I could learn new things
RT Review
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Leesburg, VAMay 23, 2015
Pros: Friends and Coworkers became family.
Cons: Pay
Great company, a lot of fun and I loved my team. The guests that came in were awesome and knew me and servers by name. I was able to implement new structure, and had a lot of positive reinforcement as the new manager. My team members did what they needed to do to make my restaurant perfect.
great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Wellington, FLMay 22, 2015
Fun environment, great team. We all got along and went out after work together on most nights. It was great working there
Excellent company but poor compensation
Server (Current Employee), Clarksville, MDMay 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent management
Cons: No benefits
• Provide excellent customer service to restaurant guests
• Guarantee that food and drinks are delivered in a timely fashion
• Check to provide accurate orders the first time
• Follow the “Ruby Way” of delivering service
Great chance to enhance and strengthen your customer service skills!
Hostess (Former Employee), Charles Town, WVMay 18, 2015
As a hostess, my typical day consisted of several routines. First, to clock in and check the floor layout to see which coworkers will be working. Check to make sure that all tables, floors, silverware, etc. are ready and presentable to customers. Refill the salad bar or customers' drinks as needed. We had several managers with one general manager. My coworkers were excellent and fun to be around but there were obvious dilemmas that caused drama. The hardest part of the job was keeping my coworkers happy during our shift.
ok
Cook (Current Employee), Okemos, MIMay 18, 2015
ok place to work. flexible hours once there for a while. Managers are awesome. Work responsibilities are pretty easy. Don't get fulltime hours.
Fun place with team work in mind
Waitress & Trainer (Former Employee), Port, OKMay 14, 2015
Pros: Good environment, free drinks, opportunity to be promoted
Cons: Night shift
Taking food and drink orders
I learned all about team work
Management very efficient
Made great friends
The hardest part of the job is the night shift especially if you have kids
The best part is the total pay.
Fast pace
Server (Current Employee), Orangeburg, SCMay 9, 2015
Pros: Some days you make enough money
Cons: Some days you dont make a lil bit of money
Its slow during the week days but at night and weekend it picks up. You make money being server if you do you job right yet sometime most of the time people don't tip well not even 15%
Nice first place to work.
Food Runner/ Busser (Former Employee), Miami Lakes, FLMay 7, 2015
I learned a lot in this job. I learned how to be more organized and clean. Management was pretty good and would always help working around peoples hours. My co-workers were all very nice and a good working team. I enjoyed the atmosphere there was in the restaurant.
Miami: Fast Pace Life, Fast Pace Job!
Server (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 7, 2015
Pros: Very fun and charismatic team of servers.
Cons: No consideration or care for employees, lack of employee retention, no overtime, lack of health insurance, no benefits.
Shifts are very unpredictable at Ruby Tuesday as a server, many of the times not guaranteeing financial stability. On the other hand, this job has helped further broaden my team working and multi tasking skills all while working under pressure and a fast-paced environment.
It was a good job for first time server
Server (Former Employee), York, PAMay 7, 2015
Pros: Discount on food
Cons: Co-workers didn't want to work
We would start the day setting up the beverage area and making sure that our sections were clean and table was set. We would have a team meeting and then open the store. We would greet and seat customers, use computers to input orders and serve our tables. The management team was nice and helpful. My co-workers however were fresh out of high school and didn't want to do any running side work or anything that wasn't making them money. The hardest part of this job was working with people who weren't team players and the best part was the discount on food.
Emotionally managed with little teamwork
Server, Host/Buss, Cook, Cater, Dish/Salad (Former Employee), Clarksburg, WVMay 2, 2015
I loved everything I did as far as my job went. Taking care of guests and serving them was my favorite thing to do. The biggest issue Ruby Tuesday's has, is that its emotionally managed. If the managers don't like you, then your job becomes much harder. If they're already upset then they take it out on the employees whether it was their doing or not. As far as co-workers go, we became a family. There is a serious lack of team work which left one or two employees maintaining and stocking everything while other stood around. It wasn't a bad job. They just need to learn better management and teamwork skills.
Fun Employees and Fun Management!
Line Cook/Prep Cook, Shift Leader (Former Employee), Lenoir City, TNMay 1, 2015
I worked here for 8 years and learned a lot about cooking and job skills. This company has good work ethic and loves their employees.
Enjoyable workplace and fun eniroment
Certified Trainer (Current Employee), Greenwood, SCMay 1, 2015
I really love the management and every employee at Ruby Tuesday! The food is great, and we have amazing customers coming by everyday!

About Ruby Tuesday

Patrons of this restaurant chain are hopefully well fed when it's time to say good bye. Ruby Tuesday (RTI), which takes its name – Read more

Ruby Tuesday Salaries