Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,152 reviews matching the search
Great Place to work.
Server, Bartender, Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 11, 2017
Great place to work if you get the right shifts at the right restaurant. I suppose it's that way with every restaurant. I've seen quite a decline in the sales and number though and lots of Ruby Tuesday's have shut down.
Pros
Free Dinners when training
Cons
Not much room for advancement
work with amazing people and love it
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Mary Esther Florida, Anniston AlabamaFebruary 11, 2017
I learned that I love working with the public, and I hate not being able to advance more than I already have. the mangement was amazing and will/would do anything for anyone, but i do not feel the support from the company itself.
Pros
money
Cons
corporate
Loved This Job
DISH MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Dawsonville, GAFebruary 10, 2017
I loved this job, Management were so understanding with diffrent things that happened in my personal life, even assured me id still have a job with them in the future after i resigned.
Pros
Great management, easy job.
Cons
pay, usually no breaks.
productive
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAFebruary 10, 2017
Working here was great. Fast paced environment, a lot of things to do, never a dull moment. Managers were very nice and accommodating. never a dull ti
Not Too Bad
Salad Bar Attendant, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSFebruary 10, 2017
Ruby Tuesday was my second job, it was a nice environment at time. Management will vary, some were looking out for us and the others were all about money. I appreciate my now job more.
This job could have been better.
Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Bryant, AR 72022February 9, 2017
The day is very similar to other server positions. Bus your tables, keep your areas clean. But the management seemed to ignore staffing errors such as not accomadating the staff for holidays. The Store Manager in particular was prone to curse at employees or punish the entire floor for mistakes that were made consistantly by only a select few. I did not feel satisfied or respected.
Pros
Discounted meal, full service bar for guests, self-serve salad bar
Cons
Lack of customers, high prices for mediocre menu, childish managers
Miss place
Dishwasher, prep cook/GBA, grill cook, expo (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VAFebruary 9, 2017
Ruby Tuesday was a fast paced kitchen. But if it was for work here i dont think i would be as good of a worker as i am today. I left do to problem with management that could not be resolved.
Productive and fast-paced worplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLFebruary 8, 2017
This is a good company to work for. Management is great, and although it is very fast-paced, it makes the restaurant business fun.
very good place to eat
Server (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCFebruary 8, 2017
Ruby Tuesday is a very nice place to eat. very good food. The staff is pretty nice. The managers were ok people, The managers took themselves serious.
Horrible
Garden Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, ILFebruary 8, 2017
Not a fun place to work. So much stress. Cooks don't wear gloves. Cooks pick there nose and are nasty and then they put there hands on your food. I hated working and seeing this. Horrible management also.
Pros
Job
Cons
Lack of Professional Management

Want to know more about Ruby Tuesday?

Ask a question
amazing job
Hostess, Server, Busser (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCFebruary 7, 2017
Come to work clock in greet and serve customers. Management was always nice and helpful when needed. the workplace was really laid back not a lot of drama. most enjoyable part was getting to work in a calm environment
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
It has always been a fun and energetic atmosphere. Ruby Tuesday has a very loyal workforce and very loyal guest.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Gulf Breeze, FLFebruary 7, 2017
Daily it is always a challenge to complete our tasks. It is very hard work but the team works together to achieve results.
As a manager I learned many skills that translate to other service oriented businesses.
The culture has changed greatly since the founder of Ruby Tuesday retired several years ago. We seem to be wondering right now searching for our niche in the market.
I enjoy working with our guest and teams on a daily basis. The guest and teams are the reason I love theek hospitality business.
Pros
Working with people.
Cons
Expected to work hourly functions to make labor budgets.
Dishwasher
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Howell, NJFebruary 6, 2017
Almost every day I walk into a mountain of dishes. Then people are telling me they need there stuff back but I just can't do everything at the same time. They help everybody except one person that this really putting an unfair burden on one person. I also wonder why they would expect one person to do both salad bar and dish that would be expecting one person to do two completely different jobs at the same time. I think they should open with a dishwasher and not leave so many dishes to do for me. Some things I do like about working here is schedule mostly consistent working Friday to Tuesday and being off Wednesday and Thursday.
Pros
Free food and drinks as long as your on duty
Cons
The way the company operates
Summary
Cashier/Busser/Cooking Staff (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCFebruary 6, 2017
Great work environment! I also enjoyed working as a hostess and I met many memorable friends that were my coworkers at Ruby Tuesday. These people are still my friends today.
Pros
team orientated
Cons
Low pay
Productive and fun work place
Host/Server (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAFebruary 5, 2017
A great place to work like any restaurant industry if you need to balance a job and school. Works well with schedule and a good source of income.
Pros
Good food
Cons
short breaks
not a great place to work
Pantry Chef (Former Employee) –  Harriman, TNFebruary 5, 2017
I did NOT enjoy working here. I worked with a bunch of lazy people in the kitchen, and the management was rude and inconsiderate. I was not given full time hours for my full time position.
Great place to learn to serve/bartend
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Surfside Beach, SCFebruary 4, 2017
When starting out in the food and beverage industry, Ruby Tuesday is a great place to begin. The pace is slower so one is able to learn at their own pace.
Great food, great managers.
Culinary Coordinator/GSC/Chef (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVFebruary 4, 2017
I learned alot of management skills. Fast-paced environment. Great food. The company however, was more interested in stock-holders than their employees. Pay wasn't as competitive as it should have been. Lack of good labor.
Fun interactive job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJFebruary 4, 2017
Fun interactive job but closed within a year of work. Good people and staff. Shift started at 5 ended at aprox 11pm. Guests were nice, food great. Great first job
Pros
Good people
Cons
Closed location
nice workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 3, 2017
nice workplace, professional management, meeting a new people and making them happy and satisfied this is the good thing about this job. love it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval