Ruby Tuesday

Ruby Tuesday Employer Reviews

Being a server and a bartender
Server (Former Employee), Roanoke RapidsJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: tested every drink and new promotion there was
Working at Ruby Tuesday on a flexible schedule was pretty amazing. They worked with me being a full-time mom and a student at Halifax Community College and still manage to have work hours at the restaurant. I've learned how to make all types of drinks. Management staff was all for self. One thought they was more then the other. There wasn't any hard part to this job. If it was hard it's because the person was making it hard for themselves. What I enjoyed the most, was meeting people.
Not so bad.
Server (Former Employee), Wilson, NCJanuary 5, 2015
just another food service industry. and i really dont want to write a review but this is forcing me too.
Fun and energetic place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: discounts on food
Cons: healthcare
Great opportunities to succeed. Great training, and supervisors. Good earning opportunities.
Productive work place
Hostess (Former Employee), Pearl.MsDecember 31, 2014
A typical day as a host at Ruby Tuesday is greeting guest. The hardest part of the job when it gets really busy
Good first job
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALDecember 31, 2014
I learned to be patient whether its with customers or employees. The most enjoyable part of the job were the different people I would encounter. A typical day at work was often slow with few moments that were busy.
Extensive work and much fun at Ruby Tuesday
Server (Current Employee), Norfolk, VADecember 30, 2014
I enjoy the different personalities I get to work with. The various cultural differences make he workplace that much fun to be in. I like the guests we serve and our regulars bring a smile from a mile whenever they return for a visit.
quaility of life is there but thts about it
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Tampa, FLDecember 27, 2014
I never felt like I was walking on egg shells all the time when working at Ruby's. the management and training procedures have a little work to do to get the standards of other employers out there
Fun
Server (Current Employee), Saraland, ALDecember 24, 2014
Always entertained by at least one other team member. Even if we are super busy we still find ways to have fun and make the best of it
Fun Workplace, but very disorganized
Hostess\Runner\ Food Prep (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLDecember 19, 2014
Pros: food
Cons: poor management
When I first started working at Ruby Tuesday, I loved the environment. Employees seemed friendly, management seemed nice, but eventually I discovered how unorganized management was and it made me disinterested. My duties consisted of bringing guests to their tables, bussing tables, taking occasional food\drink orders when the servers we unable to do so, prepping food, cleaning the restaurant, preparing cutlery, etc. Soon after I quit because of the chaotic disorganization, the restaurant shut down.
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Erie, PADecember 19, 2014
Serving is enjoyable at Ruby Tuesday. The staff and management are so helpful and want to see everyone succeed. The hardest part about the job is customers that have issues with their dinner where we turn that over to the manager.
A wonderful and beautiful environment...
Line Cook (Former Employee), Aventura, FLDecember 17, 2014
Pros: great food in a wonderful environment.
I loved to work for this company. It was filled with friendly folks and great energy; and not to mention great food. Wow, I can remember the sight, smell, and sound of fresh beef sirloin steaks on the open flame grill...
A truly great place to work - If you live close enough!
Waitress (Former Employee), Sumter, SCDecember 16, 2014
It was a great experience, I just lived too far away to make any actual money so I had to resign.
Fun
Prep Chef (Former Employee), Winder, GADecember 13, 2014
Pros: working with people
I loved working there it was a great place. I loved all of the staff and management.
Waitress for 2 years
Waitress (Former Employee), Troy, ALDecember 6, 2014
Waited tables, greeted customers who wre both friendly and unfriendly. My co-workers were fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was having to face the fact that some nights you barely made enough money to afford an appetizer there.
Typical day at rubys
Host, Cook, Bartender (Former Employee), Dickson, TNDecember 4, 2014
Pros: meeting people needs
Cons: not so nice people
Hosting to bartending to severing, cooking and dish washing..
management was great. co workers were great getting ti meet people needs
Good But Not Great
Manager/Bartender/Server Trainer (Former Employee), Jefferson City, MODecember 3, 2014
Fellow employees and management were al wonderful, but some of the district manager's rules were not useful in a restaurant environment. Pay wasn't very good for amount of work that needed to be done and benefits were there, but almost non-existent.
lots of work on the clock, without pay
Server (Former Employee), Morgantown, WVNovember 24, 2014
Pros: 20 percent off of food
Cons: no breaks
Good place to eat, bad place to work. Lots of hard labor involved, you are not just a server but also a cleaning lady. You spend an hour or more after you're cut just cleaning your section.
It's a job
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCNovember 21, 2014
Things could be ran differently, but there are opportunities to make money. I enjoyed the 18 months I worked with the company. My co-workers were great.
fun place to work
Server (Former Employee), Decatur, ILNovember 19, 2014
good co workers, busy dinner hours, excellent salad bar good managers
Fun Workplace, Awesome co-workers
Bartender/Server (Current Employee), Darien, GANovember 18, 2014
Co-workers are nice, friendly and personable. I enjoy my management and co-workers. Most guest are friendly and polite. i personally do not believe the company itself puts the employees first or second for that matter. They frequently cut hours, require management to load the floor with too many servers and it is difficult to make money. Bartenders must tip out now.

About Ruby Tuesday

Patrons of this restaurant chain are hopefully well fed when it's time to say good bye. Ruby Tuesday (RTI), which takes its name – Read more