Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,879 reviews matching the search
Overral a good place to work. Downside: not enough income to provide. Income is not at a steady pace
Server Assistant/Server (Current Employee) –  Dickson, TNAugust 19, 2016
Most days at work are wonderful days. I am surrounded by wonderful co-workers and managers. I love my job and my customers but we have not been receiving enough business for me to make ends meet lately. I do not want to look for work elsewhere but I am almost left with no choice. Business is very unpredictable there. I do not have anything to add about the "hardest part of the job" I love my job and love what I do. The most enjoyable part of my job is taking care of my guests and giving them a chance to relax while enjoying good food. I love giving them excellent service that they will enjoy and remember. I love my job and everyone there. I appreciate my managers especially for being the wonderful people they are. I would definitely say it is a good place to work overall besides the unpredictable income
Pros
Excellent work team and some benefits are optional
A productive and fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 19, 2016
Come to work, perform line checks. Check computer for the day's catering orders if any. Count cash and check deposit. Perform top ten counts for meats. Verify the beer and liquor inventories. Perform walk-thru of restaurant. The management team consisted of a general manager, two assistant managers of which I was one. Also a part-time shift leader. There was a great rapport among managers. The hardest part of job was trying to get weekly inventory done and get it posted in time for restaurant to open. The enjoyable part of job was interacting with customers and pre-shift with employees
Pros
Free lunches, Great Management Team
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks
The job made me feel welcomed
Server/Hostess/Busser/Cook (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 5, 2016
It was fun and energetic, i love the people and the guest as well. I had my regulars which I find it as an amazing feeling ever. I learn how customer service, my almost 4yrs of customer service was there and my longest job I kept as well. The hardest part of the job is when you do have rude guest where they are never satisfied but it doesn't stop you from trying and continuing on your day with the other happy guest that are happy with my service. The most enjoyable thing about this job is that everyone is friendly and they basically become your family which what happened to me and it was the hardest to say goodbye to them. Ruby Tuesday was basically where I started with everything. My first job, and the first place where I climb up quickly and where I met the best people in the world including my manager.
Pros
people get along well, discount on food, long break time, discount at the mall as well
Cons
if its a slow day you won't make much or get cut early
Productive and fun work place
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OhioJune 30, 2016
A typical day at Ruby Tuesdays consist of greeting and seating costumers, cleaning and bussing tables, and giving customers a nice farewell. I learned that I am customers first impression as to how there time at Ruby Tuesdays will be. Giving customers a nice welcome will usually result in a very nice time at the restaurant. They have very nice and respectful co workers. Everyone works together and gets the job done. The hardest part of the job would have to be cleaning the tables and resetting them and having enough time to make it back to the door before your next customers comes in. everyday is an enjoyable day as long as you come in with a great attitude.
Pros
1/2 off your meals
Cons
no breaks
Great Company to get your start
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 15, 2016
A typical day starts with emails from your superior to keep you focused on goals and company directions. Ruby Tuesday has taught me countless skills to help evaluate and control waste factors in the kitchen and taught me to take care of every guest that walks through our doors by daily interactions with touching tables. The most difficult part of the job would be the employees, by that I mean getting them to buy into the initiatives and procedures we have set by our corporate body. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are running a busy shift and every facet of the restaurant is running the way it should, when every thing syncs up it's like magic.
Awful management. No consideration at all.
Salad Bar Attendant / Dishwasher / Busser / Host (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 24, 2016
I enjoyed my co-workers, but that was about it. Awful management, and no consideration for employees. The hardest part of the job was that management never ordered the correct inventory. I learned that I never wanted to work in the restaurant industry again. I was lied too about hours. The guaranteed that I would received 30+ hours per week. They hired too much staff, and the solution was to cut everyone's hours to 10-25 hours per week. Awful management. They don't consider your family life at all, and schedule you on days that are requested off months in advance.
Ruby Tuesdays
Greeter/ To-Go/ Server (Former Employee) –  Neptune City, NJJune 6, 2016
I worked as a host and moved my way up to server. As a host I greeted guests and sat them according to a rotation. As a server, I attended to guests needs.
This was my first serving job, and I wasn't very good at it, but it taught me how to multi-task and prioritize.
Management was a little catty as the time. I worked with mostly females, and this tends to happen. However, they were good about making cuts and overall cared about their employees.
The hardest part of my job was the money. They were building a new restaurant across the stress, so business declined and the clientele wasn't what it used to be. The most enjoyable part for me was working with my friends.
Pros
close to the main road
Cons
lack of money
great environment, fun workplace, not-so high pay.
Server (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILMarch 15, 2016
The Job doesn't pay well because of the low prices, and lack of gratuity. The people who work here are so fun, and the workplace was something I looked forward to being at each day I worked there. The hours are flexible, with ability to pick up and release shifts at your own whim. the management was friendly, and reasonable when needing time off, more hours, wanting to train for a higher position, etc.
Its a fun but serious place to work
Server/Cashier/Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJanuary 20, 2016
On a regular day at work its get down to business, have fun later. I learned to be more professional. Management was serious but they were sweet. I LOVED my coworkers. Everyone was full of joy and laughter. They were fun to be around. The hardest part was being as nice as possible and still being treated bad by some people and still working because you love your job. Best part of the job was being around the people and having happy guest.
Pros
Your discount on food.
Cons
No breaks due to short hours
different work atmosphere
prep/garden bar (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDNovember 20, 2015
I enjoyed the people,management and expierence
family atmosphere,calm surrondings,and great location for gatherings
Pros
busy, fast paced
Cons
no overtime or pay raise
Great people, always something to do
Server (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, NCAugust 11, 2016
A typical day at work included setting up the kitchen and dishpit, stocking up food items and makiing sure said food items were labled properly. Next the store would open and the real fun would begin because the rush did not slowe down until 2 p.m. so time flew by. The managers wre great because if they noticed things were going down hill they would hop on the line, run food, refill drinks, and whatever else was necesarry to recover. The hardest part of the job was making sure everyhting was prepped and completed before the end of the shift all the while cooking and keeping up with the orders,
verey disrespectfull
Line Cook/ (Former Employee) –  centervilAugust 4, 2016
they dont care about you at all unless you are busting your butt 24 / 7. there was no respect, i would cover for people every day but if i called off it was a huge deal. oh yeah and the managers just sit on the side while there is a huge rush and laugh at you while you are getting hammered. and when the manage would help they would not know what to do. and i think the store director may be on drugs, he would run around on crazy rampages ad couldn't focus his eyes when talking to you somedays.
Pros
all the houres you want becuse no1 wants to be there. smoke outside
Cons
managers, respect, reliying on other people to do there job.
Fun & Profitable Place To Work - Top Notch Management
server (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 29, 2015
I have worked in the restaurant industry most of my adult life- through college and now while I'm getting my law degree. I have to say that Ruby's in Sioux Falls SD is one of the most enjoyable jobs I have ever had. The management at this store is excellent and there is a spirit of teamwork - due to hands-on management . If I were not seeking my law degree, I would go back into restaurant management just to be part of this fine organization. Good people, flexible schedules and very profitable if you know how to serve properly. Love this job!
Pros
Food discounts, flexible hours, great management and customers!
Cons
The job is what you put into it. I see no downside unless you are just lazy.
Productive and fun workplace
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILAugust 1, 2016
Over the last couple years I have witnessed the downfall of Ruby Tuesday right before my eyes. I remember starting out as a host and people would line up at the doors and we would be on a wait on the weekends. As the next couple years passed business started to slow down gradually and everyone in the work place noticed. However, it was my first job ever so I was loyal to them because I loved working for the company. I loved working with my coworkers and thought of them as my family. The people I worked with and the managers I worked for were great I will forever cherish the memories we all created together. Even after we all had gotten laid off we stuck together as a family and were there and continue to be there for each other. The hardest part about the job was coming some days and wondering if we were going to be busy enough to make some money as a server/bartender. However, the most enjoyable part about the job were my coworkers and the guests that would continue to come in regularly. Ruby Tuesday was my family that's what I loved about the company.
Ruby Tuesdays
Server (Former Employee) –  Hopewell, VAMay 10, 2016
Was a very good business, and would gladly join back with their team, great team work, great management and great workers and guest. I would say that there was no hard part, it was a job that i honestly loved to do, of course everyone gets frustrated from time to time, but who doesn't? I loved every aspect of the job, and nothing was hard about it too me. What i enjoyed most was the regulars that would come in weekly and ask for me as there Server. I appreciated the fact that people actually looked forward to seeing me, and the fact that no matter if we had an unfortunate event take place, such as food time, or quality that they always worked with me until the problem was resolved.
Pros
Management, and Coworkers
Cons
no benefits.
Fast paced
Hostess - Server (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEJune 13, 2016
My typical day consisted of severing guest, running food, cleaning, seating guests. I have learned a lot in the restaurant industry from having a great positive attitude to juggle many tasks at one time. The general manager has a passion for food and is an amazing man. My co-workers are very young and some are very immature with very little work ethic, the hardest part of my job was staying positive when co-workers got me down. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing satisfied guests walk out the door and even more enjoyable when they returned.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
very little break time, and hypocritical co-workers
It's a good place to learn techniques
Garden Bar Attendant / Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILMay 23, 2016
Some days are easy, others are hard, depends on if you're salad bar or dishwasher. It's supposed to be a 50/50 teamwork experience, but in reality salad bar occasionally does 75% while dishwasher does 25% of the work. I learned lots of cutting techniques, recipes, multitasking skills, and how to use time management. Co-workers are hit or miss, either genuinely nice, or seem nice at first then once a little amount of stress is upon them, they do and say some things that aren't comfortable to hear or see. Hardest part was juggling doing prep, stocking salad bar, doing biscuits, and trying to find a time to get a break in a ~8 hour day (95% of the time you won't be able to get one, or you'll have to continue working in between food bites). Enjoyed getting 50% off meals, and free salad bar.
Pros
50% meals, free salad bar, good place to learn skills and techniques
Cons
sometimes you'll be doing most of the work, no time for complete breaks in mornings if you're prepping food, some coworkers make you uncomfortable
Working at Ruby Tuesday
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at Ruby Tuesday started out with a team meeting allowing the managers to let everyone know how they have done and what areas needed work. They informed us of new items to sell, items to upsell, what competitions were going on and offered great rewards. I learned a lot about being a team player working at Ruby Tuesday, among lots of other personal growth as well as how to be a productive member of society. The management at this Ruby Tuesday was beyond exceptional. They made sure to go out of their way to accommodate each employee's needs, and did not complain about life's unfortunate mishaps. My co-workers at Ruby Tuesday were very easy to get along with; we were basically one big family. The hardest part of my job would have to have been sweeping my section since it was mostly carpet. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to show my managers I am a trustworthy person and that I have what it takes to be promoted. By being myself, I was able to advance to bartender.
Pros
Overall fun place to work
Cons
Not enough business at that location to make enough money by just serving
cool environment, descriptions of what i have learned at this establishment
server (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 18, 2016
Ruby Tuesdays was an easier, laid back establishment, with a cool and modern environment.
here i was a server, and would mainly tend to customers, i was big on customer service, i enjoy to stay organized and prioritize my tasks at hand, especially being a server.
I feel a majority of server positions are essentially around the same thing, so considering i had some years of experience as a server prior to this i feel i didn't learn much, except for a new system, new beverages, new menus, and serving alcohol.
Pros
easy hours, made decent money in those hours, normally fun environment
Cons
minimum benefits, no hours, management was sub par but i have experienced much worse
At its heart a restaurant is a service -oriented business DeIighting customers,exceeding expectations,going the extra mile....
Host, Salad Bar Attendant, Server, Busser (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSFebruary 7, 2016
Anyone who lacks passion for with people will not do well here.The employees here thrive on customer contact and display a positive attitude working here is to learn to live by these principles the management sets the example here......A high performance team of employees ...
Pros
ROB SELLERS IS THE BEST MANAGER ON THE GULF COAST !!!!