Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,514 reviews matching the search
Ruby Tuesday
Server (Current Employee) –  Randallstown, MDJune 19, 2017
This would be a great job for anyone who is great at saving money, being as though you leave everyday with cash tips. Business is slow but steady.. I often wish it was busier.
Pros
50% Employee Meals
Cons
No breaks, no end time for shifts
fun work environment
Server Assistant/Server (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 19, 2017
I clocked in, get my section organize and station stock to get ready for my guests. The management is pretty up front and straight and is always ready to please our guests.
great place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INJune 18, 2017
people were nice, and the food is great. many came in for the salad bar. enjoyed those I worked with, was just needing something else at the time. went back
Horrible place to work, even as a server.
Server (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLJune 18, 2017
they will treat you poorly and force you to do other peoples jobs (dish, prep). i had to get in the dish pit in my uniform and clean dirty dishes and then go expedite food to customers in the same clothes. They do not wear gloves half of the time.
Pros
you get to leave at the end of your shift
Cons
clocking in, every single day
Not a good place to work.
Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 18, 2017
No breaks. Long hours. No time off. You do a job that is meant for at least 3 people at times and never have help. You need a day off and can't because they have no one who will work overnight.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
No extra help, no family values
great company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  NE OhioJune 17, 2017
great work hours, great balance of life and work.

All levels of mgmt were outstanding, food is great, and the talent within the walls was amazing..................................................
Pros
work hours, and quality of life
Cons
mediocre benefit packages
Stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAJune 17, 2017
Overwhelmed from drunk and hungry people, need a mans job. Ruby Tuesday is a food job and that semms to be the only kind of job I have got. Being a server is not a job that is fit for me
Pros
50% off on breaks
Cons
scheduling
Management was amazingly immature and very reckless.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJune 16, 2017
A typical day at work for me meant taking care of the entire restaurant because everyone else carelessly ignored their actual jobs and took it upon them to pry into everyone else's privacy and personal life and gossip about it, especially the management. I learned something very important from this job, and that is where to draw the line. The hardest part of this job was interacting with my "team".
Pros
unlimited cigarette breaks, ability to be late or absent from work, etc
Cons
management, coworkers
Slow paced work place
Host (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 16, 2017
A laid back work enviroment, very slow paced at times. At most only a two hour rush. Pretty good management, relaxed customers & workers. Food is decent, but not amazing.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Slow paced at times
Good environment to work in.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJune 16, 2017
My work shifts were busy. I went home wet from doing dishes. I wanted to work evenings. The hardest part of my job was getting clothes soaked and riding my bike home wet.
Working for Ruby Tuesday
Server (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAJune 16, 2017
Typical day at work was a typical day as a server. Light cleaning, light prep work, providing excellent service to customers and having detailed knowledge of the menu. My manager was incredible. She demanded a thorough work ethic, but was easy to work for.
Corporate restaurant
Server (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJune 16, 2017
High pace and high volume restaurant. Middle of the road quality of food. Good management process if interested in long term possibilities with a chain restaurant.
not bad but not good
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJune 16, 2017
I needed work quickly right out of school in order to pay off some debt that I accrued. This was the first place that hit and it wasn't bad at first. I was able to save up a little bit of money and people were nice, but over time they start to weigh down on you. Working as a host isn't worth the weight of dealing with servers and the politics that they use. All they do is complain about everything. they're really high strung and constantly negative, and the host usually takes the brunt of that projected frustration since we're "at fault" for all their problems. meanwhile, i hardly make enough money to sustain myself in life.
Pros
Good short term work
Cons
dreaded job culture
Fast-paced environment
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJune 16, 2017
Working here I have learned how to work quickly and how to multitask. I have been working there for 5 years and I have learned about many different types of people. The management has changed hands multiple times but each time have been taught something different by them.
Clean environment with ambitious staff
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Wyomissing, PAJune 16, 2017
On a typical shift there are many specs to be maintained. The opening of the line, inventory of fresh products and labeling were big factors in my day to day routine at Ruby Tuesday.
Pros
Friendly management team
Cons
Ineffective communication
Great food
Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLJune 15, 2017
I worked as an line cook and the food people and service is awesome. I worked there for about two years and I really want to go back love that place of work.
great career
Multi-Unit General Manager (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 15, 2017
offered plenty of room for advancement. I learned everything about the industry during my time with Ruby Tuesday. To bad it has taken a downwards spiral
Cons
Lack of Productivity underpaid and minimum hours
Cook (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJune 15, 2017
Not enough customers, management is a complete joke, some employees are mockery and food are being over seasoned. management can' t help employees with schedules and low paychecks.
Pros
Cons
plenty of disrespect not much pay and non flexible schedule
Hard to make money.
Guest Service Coordinator (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALJune 15, 2017
Ruby Tuesday is a good place to work but it is hard to make money due to the restaurant being rarely busy and they staff to many people at any given time.
A Stop but Not A Destination
Cook (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 14, 2017
Not a very good long term job but it's a paycheck. It'll be as good as you choose to make of it. They struggle to maintain standards do to constant changes in management. When the management is inconsistant the employees start to take over the restaurant and it gets very unprofessional.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
They change management every few months

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval