Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,769 reviews matching the search
had to beg
bartender (Current Employee) –  Spring Lake, NCApril 22, 2016
had to beg for more hours and patients and was actually hired on as full time then knocked to part time since change of health care plans and but, was never told my hours were being cut,
great place to work
server (Current Employee) –  Crossville, TNApril 21, 2016
starting the day learning specials any added information . checking our area for cleanliness . taking care of the guest's and their food and drink orders . making the restaurant an enjoyable atmosphere. good management .good employees.
Pros
free soda's
Cons
short hours
Teamwork and comraderie were the highlights of life at Ruby Tuesday in Deerwood.
Host (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 20, 2016
Ruby Tuesday is an ever evolving company that changes policies and procedures frequently. The advantage to that management style is that it often makes life better for the guest and for the employee. The disadvantage is that it sometimes does not feel to be well thought out for the guest and for the employee. I am grateful for my 6 years with this company. It was not always joyful but there were always new people coming in and out providing opportunities to make ones own joy! One of the best aspects of the job was the longevity of the employees, providing opportunity for teamwork to become a major factor in the aforementioned longevity. On a particularly busy shift being a part of a group that welcomed new employees, providing them with the opportunity to work together to get all guests satisfied, was the high point of my job. I had never worked in a restaurant before so I value the experience although it is not one I want to do again! As for a typical day, as a host I would begin with ensuring that all tables were ready for the next shift. That was not my job but I wanted to make sure the guests were well served as they entered the restaurant. I would check for reservations, make sure the correct menus were ready and prepare my area for a busy shift. Guests would arrive and be greeted at the door with menus in hand and a welcoming smile and greet, many would be welcomed by name. They would be ushered to their table while mentioning specials of the day or the lovely aroma of food from a table we were passing. There was continual communication with the servers as to availability  more... and if they had needs I could help with. This continued throughout the shift until the end at which time the closing check list began. Set-up was done for the next shift, inspecting children's items, the host stand for the next host, the restrooms for everyone and then I went home. My Fitbit showed that for each shift I would walk about 5,000 steps. I was then ready for the next day.  less
Pros
+Working with good people +Changing situations daily +Guests who became friends
Cons
-Lack of benefits
Average job
Host (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 20, 2016
This job was very fast paced but I enjoyed it sometimes. The people were ok, not that hard to deal with. Great gig to keep some extra money in your pockets.
Fun Atmosphere
College Drive, LA- Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAApril 19, 2016
Waited on Tables and maintained the bar. performed closing duties at end each shift. Management was great. Friendly staff.
A unique dinning experience
Prep/Cook (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHApril 19, 2016
Ruby Tuesdays is a friendly environment for great dinning. With great food selections, and awesome salad bar with a variety of toppings can make the dinning the experience different from all other restaurants
cool environment, descriptions of what i have learned at this establishment
server (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILApril 18, 2016
Ruby Tuesdays was an easier, laid back establishment, with a cool and modern environment.
here i was a server, and would mainly tend to customers, i was big on customer service, i enjoy to stay organized and prioritize my tasks at hand, especially being a server.
I feel a majority of server positions are essentially around the same thing, so considering i had some years of experience as a server prior to this i feel i didn't learn much, except for a new system, new beverages, new menus, and serving alcohol.
Pros
easy hours, made decent money in those hours, normally fun environment
Cons
minimum benefits, no hours, management was sub par but i have experienced much worse
Ruby Standard
Guest Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 17, 2016
Ruby Tuesday in management terms is a wonderful company to gain knowledge and hands on experience! There is a lot to be learned, and the management is will to teach too.
Great college job
Server & Bartender (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNApril 14, 2016
Easy and quick money. Good management.. Enjoyable job. Great learning experience. Good food. They have a salad bar. good staff.. hard workers
Great place for college students
Server (Current Employee) –  Springfield, PAApril 13, 2016
I enjoyed being in a corporate atmosphere. it took some time to get used to the robotic approach to serving tables, however once the system is learned adapting is easy.
Pros
50% off for food
Cons
Normally no breaks
Fun workplace
Host/food runner (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MIApril 13, 2016
This was a awesome workplace. Great atmosphere and employees. My job was to clean tables, floors, bathrooms, roll silverware, bring customers their order, wash dishes, maintain restaurant cleanses.
Pros
Never a bad day at work, plus discount
Cons
N/a
Fun Environment
Hostess, Server (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNApril 13, 2016
Overall, I loved working at Ruby Tuesdays, the coworkers were very much like family. It was flexible with hours, plenty of opportunity to pick up shifts. I think if i were to have worked at a better location I would have enjoyed the pay much more.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
limited benefits and advancement
Fast paced enviornment
Host (Former Employee) –  Donelson, TNApril 12, 2016
I learned how to stay calm in high stress positions as well as meet the guest needs and keep them happy. It was a new experience that taught me to have more patience.
Corporate casual dining.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 11, 2016
Reasonable hours that do not require real late nights. Continually updating menu keeps diners coming back to see what is new.
Extremely high turn-over rate
Garden Bar Attendant & Cook (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 10, 2016
I have worked here for about a year and a half now. In this time, we have gone through two general managers, three salaried assistant-managers, and countless other staff. The turn-over rate is extremely high.
Typical day: A lot of busy work
Learned: Patience and how to work quickly
Management: Needs to be more steady
Co-Workers: Some of the best and worst people I've met
Hardest part: Unity among the back and front employees
Most enjoyable: Seeing people eat the food I cooked and smile
Pros
50% discount on days you work, long hours, decent pay
Cons
under-staffed, high turn-over
Lone Star was great
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCApril 9, 2016
I loved the people i worked for at Lone star. I spent tens years there and enjoyed the experience. I learned a lot about managing staff and managers.
fun work place
Host/Server/EXPO (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 8, 2016
I enjoyed going to work daily and learned a lot about dealing with customers and how to co exist and get along with all types of co workers.
Enjoyed the guest
Server/Bartender/Hostess/Expo (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOApril 8, 2016
Work was steady, Co- workers were fun, I love giving great customer service, I learned the hospitality industry, there was not a hard part of to my job.
Productive and Lively Workplace
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEApril 7, 2016
I learn a variety of different tasks each day, from the same old same to new things. The manager is constantly moving things around to keep employees on their toes. Very relaxed atmosphere despite rushes. Everyone is incredibly friendly and willing to help anyone. Managers are the same way.
Pros
1/2 price on working days, 25 % on days off
Cons
pay is not great but average
great place for advancement
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 7, 2016
I had very understandable and compassionate managers that would always work with your schedule to make sure you spent enough time with family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.