Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews

Found 2,306 reviews matching the search
liked working there but.....
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 8, 2017
Didn't understand why they where paying new employees more then what i was making and asked about it told me that we will talk about it later that this was not the time of that and was told that i have a job is that not good enough
Pros
Cons
alot like doing 2-3 peoples jobs and only get paid for one
Good place to start out
server/hostess (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIApril 8, 2017
I learned a lot from working here and made a lot of great friends. The management was not great though. This is a great place to start out as a server.
Pros
Friendly staff and customers
Cons
Bad management
This job helped my service skills.
Server (Former Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHApril 8, 2017
Ruby Tuesday was a solid work environment and the experience helped my service skills grow. Interacting with my customers and understanding how the food industry works were a few top reasons I enjoyed this job .
Very high volume resturant with little room to move up in the company but a somewhat rewarding atmosphere
Kitchen Coordinator/Cook (Current Employee) –  Limerick, PAApril 7, 2017
Ruby tuesday seems to be the underdog in the resturant chains, we are located in a shopping center like many other RT's, so we have very high traffic easily 50k weekends during peak seasons. The job can be very rewarding from the perspective of the amount of people we service. Overall the company has very little room to move up through the company and it seems like most managers are hired from outside. General cook requirements of preparing food and cooking food with accuracy. Management tends to care very little about the workers and more about the effectiveness often skipping breaks or even changing schedules the day of or day before.
Pros
50% meal comp when working otherwise 25% off. Rewarding experience based on volume
Cons
Short to no breaks, hours dip low in the off season, general lack of care for workers, during peak hours you could work 12-16 hour shifts. Doubles with no breaks.
I was fired while under doctors care.
Chef (Former Employee) –  Clinton, NCApril 7, 2017
My review will be short and sweet. Pay was not good enough to support my family nearly working 38 hours a week. You couldn't get overtime and a lot of times were understaffed. I was taken off the schedule while under doctors care due to a severe intestinal issue. Was fun working with staff great people . Management all but one was terrible.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Poor management
Bartending is FUN
Restaurant Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lithonia, GAApril 7, 2017
Amazing food, fun experiences at work, and great networking opportunities. I had the best managers out of the two different locations except for two. They showed favoritism which hindered my income, forcing me to find another job. Thankful for the lesson
Pros
Quick Money
Cons
A consistent income
Fun
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCApril 6, 2017
Ruby Tuesdays is a fast paced environment with room for advancment. I started as a server and worked my way up to managment. This company is good to work for but the pay could be better.
Not somewhere to advance
SHIFT MANAGER, BARTENDER, SERVER, COOK (Current Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCApril 6, 2017
Been here 6 yrs and wanted to advance to salary management, the company says they love promote in house but they do not follow their saying. Good place to work to learn how to serve tables.
It was a fun place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNApril 6, 2017
It was your average restaurant. You got sections based off of your tip percentages. There was also pretty good food. This is a job that is great for someone working through college.
Server Assistant, Assistant Trainer (Current Employee) –  Medford, NYApril 6, 2017
Good environment, Great for Family with Kids of all ages! Has a good salad bar and Food. They Treat their work staff right! Clean and organized. Great work place.
kitchen manager and general manger uneducated in kitchens
Chef (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIApril 6, 2017
the Kitchen and General manager were not educated in the kitchen and proper use of equipment. cooks were understaffed and overworked. rarely hired new cooks even when desperately needed. very little fresh food most was frozen. a lot of flash thawing was being done.
Pros
free food
Cons
lack of breaks when pulling double shifts. lack of kitchen employess
Server (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAApril 5, 2017
I LOVED working at ruby Tuesday. The management was fun to be around. The other employees were helpful and nice. The restaurant was ALWAYS clean. If we had an unexpected rush, the kitchen staff and FOH staff always held it down without missing a beat.
Pros
Discounted food, easy money
Love it
Server and bartender (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INApril 5, 2017
Go to work and wait on tables and make sure each person gets and enjoys everything they have. The management was so awesome I loved working there the hardest part was the money it always was different
Pros
MONEY ON SPOT
Cons
NO HEALTH INS
A typical day
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Times Square, NYApril 5, 2017
Here it was about finding your own groove because things can get hectic at the Times Square location. I didn't find my job difficult at all I enjoyed being in the upbeat. Vibe.
Good business but terrible management
Server (Current Employee) –  Saraland, ALApril 4, 2017
Ruby Tuesday isn't that bad of a place to work but the organization and management sucks big time. The hardest part of this job is carrying heavy plates but the most enjoyable was taking good money home every night,
Pros
good discounts
Cons
no breaks and bad management
It was a rough experience
Server Assistant and Garden Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 3, 2017
As I watched my male counterparts move up in the workplace before they started school, I was left as a hostess despite my many requests to be trained as a waitress. When I was trained as a Garden Bar assistant, I was paid less than others in the same position.
fun workplace
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAApril 3, 2017
As a beginner job, this place was awesome. It was a great place to meet new people and have a fun environment to work at. greeting people was so much fun.
Good job for highschool and college
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 2, 2017
Not a great job for a career. Corporate does not do a good job and I wouldn't be surprised if the company goes out of business soon.
It is decent work for high schoolers and college students who are hard working.
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Horrible Corporate
productive and fun place to work
Host (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 1, 2017
they are steady through the week and busy on the weekends, its a great first place to work, restaurant wise anyways. the pay is pretty okay but it goes up and down alot.
Needs improvement
Server-Bartender (Current Employee) –  Dillon, COApril 1, 2017
I've been serving for roughly six years and your fellow coworkers become like family. This is true for Ruby's as well. The management however could use some work. I've seen more people in and out of this restaurant than anywhere. One manager fires people for personal vendettas. It can get busy but the managers need to hire more but instead they work their current workers to exhaustion.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ruby Tuesday. Our community is ready to answer.