Ruby Tuesday Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,731 reviews matching the search
advancing easy not worth it
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMarch 24, 2016
advancing is easy, because they are desperate.. If you want to work with a management staff who doesn't communicate with one another, and plays favorites.. APPLY! The benefits blow, but the money is good.
Friendly Environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Prince Frederick, MDMarch 18, 2016
A fun fast pace work environment, I learned better skills in dealing with customers, I loved all my coworkers. Management was good. I enjoyed that there was always something that needed to be done & I liked to help my fellow team members.
great environment, fun workplace, not-so high pay.
Server (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILMarch 15, 2016
The Job doesn't pay well because of the low prices, and lack of gratuity. The people who work here are so fun, and the workplace was something I looked forward to being at each day I worked there. The hours are flexible, with ability to pick up and release shifts at your own whim. the management was friendly, and reasonable when needing time off, more hours, wanting to train for a higher position, etc.
Fun workplace
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMarch 11, 2016
It was a great fun place to work. there were always laughs with management and the other co-workers. I got to know alot of the regulars that would come in to either sit at the bar or request me personally.
Pros
was able to receive full time benifits, management worked with my schedule while I went to school
Cons
sometimes would be sent home early because it was to slow.The area that the restaurant was located, the quest didn't tip well
; very calm , stress free, very friendly people
Host (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHMarch 9, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Ruby Tuesday , I would clean tables , and sit people down . Muti-tasking is one of my best traits . I've been doing it since i was 15 working at Mcdonalds . I've learned how to host working at ruby Tuesday , and also a little how to serve . I really enjoyed my co-workers, they taught me a lot about hosting and serving . The hardest part about the job was leaving there . I was in the hospital for a week , and lost my job .The most enjoyable thing about the job was it was easy , and stress free .
Pros
Half off lunches
Cons
Being at work at late hours
Very friendly co workers with positive attitude.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 8, 2016
On a typical day at work I always have a good attitude towards co workers and customers. Learned how to have a nice friendly conversation with customers. Managers make sure were doing on job and always helps with anything employees need help with.
Ruby Tuesday was a good company to work for.
Server (Former Employee) –  Belton MissouriMarch 6, 2016
Ruby Tuesday gave you trainging for all positions and acknowledge your potention for advancement.
Typical day was slow to fast pace according to the guest level of customers.
Management were all on the same page not matter who ws there.

The most enjoyable part of my job was developement os TM,s/leading by example
Working at rubys
Server Asisstant (Current Employee) –  Easton, MDMarch 4, 2016
A typical day at work would be me interacting with guest and making sure they were satisfied with their visit. The way i greet them will tell them the experience they would have. So i smiled and greeted all guess the best way possible. I learned that working with others and being a team player gets the job done. Management wasn't really at its best but i choose to look at the positive out of every negative situation that occurred. My co-workers for the most part were very nice and helpful. The hardest part of my job is when a guest leaves upset for something i cant control i feel really bad. The most enjoyable part is to see the guest smiling and me breaking a sweat to make sure they are happy.
Pros
laughing and being about to correspond with guest and co-workers
Cons
management
Great Place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 3, 2016
I have been with the company for 16 years. I have held every position within the company ranging from FOH and BOH hourly employee to salaried manager. The flexibility of the hourly position has allowed me to stay at home with my children. I have worked at numerous locations, including 4 different states. The management and staff at this particular location is phenomenal. The company as a whole is very consistent, encourages teamwork, empowers their employees and is a very enjoyable place to work.
Hostess
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMarch 2, 2016
I started as a hostess, constantly moving around, communicating with customers, helping servers and eventually I began learning to expo which required knowing the menu a little more in depth and how to plate and serve meals.
fun place to work too bad this location closed
SERVER/BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 1, 2016
I loved this job and working with our customers and team members have easy and great menu could be crazy at times but we all enjoyed our business
Pros
free meals
Cons
good pay for short shifts
ok place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 1, 2016
Lots of work . Got to meet lots of people from all walks of life, and from many different states. Everybody was really friendly , and everyone got along with each other. Superior teamwork.
Pros
Good teamwork good people
This was my company for 10 years. I loved them.
Manager (Former Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 29, 2016
I started out as a line cook at one of the busiest units on the East Coast. Was provided opportunity to take on more responsibility and was trained every step of the way. Took promotions and was supported by my supervisors every time.

I loved this company. Truly.

But the crash in 2008 left me and many others with nowhere else to go in the company. I stuck it out for 2 more years, hoping that the ship could right itself, but alas, this was not the case.

Ruby Tuesday was was a big part of who I am today. I learned SO much from everyone at the company and I am very grateful for my time there. Every minute.
Pros
Excellent training. Wonderful personnel. Fun and challenging job
Cons
Restaurant work. Nights/weekends. Eventually you just get tired of the schedule.
Pretty easy first job.
Bus Boy, Salad Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 27, 2016
Typical day involved making food like burgers and salads and filling the salad bar and cleaning tables for customers. Management was pretty laid back and easy going. Co-workers were pretty cool most were friends from school and others were just awesome people I met on the job and easy going.
Pros
Free drinks, Discounted food.
tun and active work place
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Beachwood, OH 44122February 18, 2016
I really enjoy working with ruby Tuesdays I got to meet new and enjoying people everyday the whole environment was full of energy and fun I learned new skills the whole experience was wonderful
Pros
learned new skills
Cons
some times guest would be mean
ruby tuesday
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAFebruary 17, 2016
Ruby tuesday is a great company to work for. I had so much fun working there durring my college years. The managers were a bit unorganized and management changed often but, the company over all is great to work for.
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
bad pay
Good company.
Server (Former Employee) –  Anderson, INFebruary 16, 2016
Had multiple opportunities, lots of training, fun times and team work. Worked for the company multiple times and loved the management.
A nice place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 11, 2016
Stared out great but being a woman in the kitchen hours were given away to new hires. Worked split shifts which was very hard. Seems like a good company just the chef we had practiced favoritism and didn't care how hard you worked would give hours to his friends. Probably just this restaurant others might be good.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
executive chef was unexerienced
Unpredictable yet rewarding.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDFebruary 10, 2016
When I first began this job i was extremely nervous and fearful that i would succumb to the pressure of working in such a fast paced environment. However, as time passed I began to really get comfortable and understand how to work quickly and efficiently. Sometimes it was frustrating but for the most part id was always refreshing to learn something new about food. I really enjoy food service.
Pros
Fast paced work enviornment, comradory amongst other cooks on the line, the feeling of working as a team and completing successful food service.
Cons
short breaks, extensive cleaning.
Great environment to go out and eat with loved one
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 9, 2016
First off the music sets the mood as soon as you walk in. Very peaceful environment that is ran by a lively gm . The staff is friendly and very thoughtful when it comes to celebrations or formal or business lunching great restaurant overall. Best one ive expierinced out of all three
Pros
teamwork through out day
Cons
closing is only for the strong !